'97 10" Fosgate Punch Dvc 1210 box - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #1

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 TheeKB will become famous soon enoughTheeKB will become famous soon enoughTheeKB will become famous soon enoughTheeKB will become famous soon enoughTheeKB will become famous soon enoughTheeKB will become famous soon enough

Default '97 10" Fosgate Punch Dvc 1210 box

110% certifiable fresh NOOB question here:
I have the above sub. I have an '05 Titan CC and want to build up a more sq sound in it. Eventually sound dampening and new system throughout. Atm I have this thing lying around and want to build or buy a box that will fit indefinitely in the truck. I'm not really wanting a lot of sub anyway so I think this old guy will suffice (unless my ear harasses me to buy something modern with more range and better quality). Can I get some of the prefab boxes I see online even tho they are not spec to the speakers manual? Can one trade dimensions to create the total mass specs? For instance, the spec build says W15 x H13 x D13.5 for a total volume of (something lol) so can I trade depth and height for width and length? Sorry for the dumb question,again I'm a noob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
TheeKB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 6 Days Ago   #2

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 celicaboy84 will become famous soon enoughcelicaboy84 will become famous soon enoughcelicaboy84 will become famous soon enoughcelicaboy84 will become famous soon enoughcelicaboy84 will become famous soon enoughcelicaboy84 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: '97 10" Fosgate Punch Dvc 1210 box

As long as you provide the internal airspace that woofer wants it will happily beat away. It does not matter if it is long, wide or tall, just make sure you give the woofer a few inches of depth behind the magnet inside the box.

As far as exact airspace the manual says, let's pretend that the woofer wants .8 CF and you find a prefab that is 1cf but fits PERFECT in your vehicle... go for it. As far as going UNDER the recommended internal airspace I prefer to go no more than .05 less (.75 in the above example) but that's MY ear and experiences from the past
celicaboy84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to celicaboy84 For This Useful Post:
TheeKB (5 Days Ago)
Old 5 Days Ago   #3

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 TheeKB will become famous soon enoughTheeKB will become famous soon enoughTheeKB will become famous soon enoughTheeKB will become famous soon enoughTheeKB will become famous soon enoughTheeKB will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by celicaboy84 View Post
As long as you provide the internal airspace that woofer wants it will happily beat away. It does not matter if it is long, wide or tall, just make sure you give the woofer a few inches of depth behind the magnet inside the box.

As far as exact airspace the manual says, let's pretend that the woofer wants .8 CF and you find a prefab that is 1cf but fits PERFECT in your vehicle... go for it. As far as going UNDER the recommended internal airspace I prefer to go no more than .05 less (.75 in the above example) but that's MY ear and experiences from the past

Dang! Awesome knowledge right there man,thx!! That really sends me in the right direction. Now,I hope this old thing doesn't explode or crack on me when I put sound to it I might test it first. Just in case I do need to purchase one,new kid used, What's your preferred sub for range and sq if u don't mind?

Old 5 Days Ago   #4

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 celicaboy84 will become famous soon enoughcelicaboy84 will become famous soon enoughcelicaboy84 will become famous soon enoughcelicaboy84 will become famous soon enoughcelicaboy84 will become famous soon enoughcelicaboy84 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeKB View Post
Dang! Awesome knowledge right there man,thx!! That really sends me in the right direction. Now,I hope this old thing doesn't explode or crack on me when I put sound to it I might test it first. Just in case I do need to purchase one,new kid used, What's your preferred sub for range and sq if u don't mind?

-Now anything I recommend is going to be my own personal opinion. Remember there's a TON of fantastic gear out there.

-That being said I love my Rockford Fosgate and Memphis Audio. As far as Fosgate goes I really prefer the power series as they have a smoother sounding bass than the punch lineup but I'm not sure what kind of power you're looking to run seeing as the power series 10s start at 500w RMS. I have never actually owned a prime series woofer, so I can't say much on those.

-The Memphis mojo6 has a warmer sound, however I did manage to pop one whereas the Fosgate takes power like a champ as I have brutalized a T1 10 with 50% more power than it was rated at for nearly a YEAR before I sold it.

-The audio shop I work closely with recently picked up the Image Dynamics lineup and I'll be doing a set of 10's from them in my new truck as it was strongly recommended by them. It will be one of the few times I've strayed from Fosgate but I have heard nothing but glowing opinions since I started researching the ID lineup.

--again, there is LOADS of wonderful brands out there. Someone else may read my post and disagree 100% with me due to their experiences with another brand(s) and offer you quite the different perspective.
TheeKB (5 Days Ago)
Old 5 Days Ago   #5

DIYMA freshman

Good man! Thanks! Did u go all 6.5 with ur truck? I've heard they're better all around (opinions). I almost bought Memphis some time ago but didn't have the cheddar at the time. Appreciate the help.

Old 5 Days Ago   #6

DIYMA freshman

Yep. I went 6.5 components up front and just a set of coaxes in the rear. I made sure to dampen the doors as well.

3 sheets/door up front and 2 in each rear
TheeKB (4 Days Ago)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement