Help with c-dsp 6x8 and alternator noise - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #26

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 5 unfknblvbl will become famous soon enoughunfknblvbl will become famous soon enoughunfknblvbl will become famous soon enoughunfknblvbl will become famous soon enoughunfknblvbl will become famous soon enoughunfknblvbl will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Help with c-dsp 6x8 and alternator noise

yeah I don't know either ???? I thought I got rid of mine but guess what??? IT"S BAAAACCCKKK! And another weird thing is if I plug my rca's to my spare 2 channels on my hifonics amp I get real bad noise and that is just my rear deck speakers that aren't even hooked up to the C-DSP. What could cause that?
unfknblvbl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 251 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

I think you need an exorcist

But seriously, I've never had a noise problem with my c-dsp. And I know several others that haven't. Maybe it's a string of bad units? Maybe it's install related? If my dsp wasn't mounted in the spare tire well under a really heavy box hovering over the spare tire that has to be removed to get to all the processing stuff I'd offer to test the problem units in my own install to see if it's install related. Then there's the liability thing where I'd have to pay for any unit that returns dead whether it's my fault or not. Oh well, it was a good thought. Still wouldn't take nothing to swap an identical unit in and flash it with my tune for testing if it was easier to get to.

'14 Grand Cherokee Limited, OEM U-Connect 8.4a, JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, Arc xdi1200.6v2, Soundstream pn4.520d, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, ID15v3, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Seas Neo Aluminum...Rearfill done properly is a helluva drug!
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #28
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA member

Rep Power: 59 Theslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enough

Have you contacted Mini customer service? They were very helpful with me. You can easily link this thread to show them all you have tried.

The best way to dummy proof is to get rid of the dummies
Theslaking is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 1 Week Ago   #29

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 5 20to20 will become famous soon enough20to20 will become famous soon enough20to20 will become famous soon enough20to20 will become famous soon enough20to20 will become famous soon enough20to20 will become famous soon enough

I've never found an induced noise issue that I could fix.. unfortunate part is , I've found the issues ins so many different areas it's almost impossible to diagnose it through a forum thread... I need the car in front of me with my tools readily available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
20to20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #30

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 5 unfknblvbl will become famous soon enoughunfknblvbl will become famous soon enoughunfknblvbl will become famous soon enoughunfknblvbl will become famous soon enoughunfknblvbl will become famous soon enoughunfknblvbl will become famous soon enough

Well get your butt over here!!!
Hey Slacker, What was the issues you were having? And yes I sent them an email and basically they said check grounds and rca's.
Old 1 Week Ago   #31

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 5 20to20 will become famous soon enough20to20 will become famous soon enough20to20 will become famous soon enough20to20 will become famous soon enough20to20 will become famous soon enough20to20 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfknblvbl View Post
Well get your butt over here!!!

Hey Slacker, What was the issues you were having? And yes I sent them an email and basically they said check grounds and rca's.

Where are u from bud?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
20to20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #32

DIYMA freshman

i'm from utah!!!
Old 1 Week Ago   #33

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 baders will become famous soon enoughbaders will become famous soon enoughbaders will become famous soon enoughbaders will become famous soon enoughbaders will become famous soon enoughbaders will become famous soon enough

I don't think mine would be install related as even the professional installer tried everything they knew how to do to fix the issue, to no avail. I will contact MiniDSP in the coming days, but if they mention "RCAs, grounding etc" I can reply that we have tried everything.
baders is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 6 Days Ago   #34

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 139 banshee28 will become famous soon enoughbanshee28 will become famous soon enoughbanshee28 will become famous soon enoughbanshee28 will become famous soon enoughbanshee28 will become famous soon enoughbanshee28 will become famous soon enough

So I also have a c-dsp and in the beggining I did have some pretty bad whine!

However.......What I did was remove the 12v remote relay that I had installed, ran the remote wire directly to the c-dsp and ground it to the same ground as the amps and battery. Pretty much no more wine.....
banshee28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #35
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 251 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

From someone who has no problems with ground noise with the c-dsp here's how set up.

Everything starts with the FIX82 tapped into the factory amp. Everything NOT OEM gets power and ground from the same place at the battery under the front passenger seat. Remote turn-on starts at a 12v plug in back that's switched on with the acc. Then goes to the FIX to the c-dsp and 2x4 to the amps. No relay. Nothing installed that doesn't need to be there. And keep in mind, relays can take way more current to turn on and stay on than the amps in use need. And if your headunit is turning on the c-dsp that should be the only drag on the remote wire it sees. The amps should only be turned on by the c-dsp which hopefully has enough gonads to turn on any sensible amp setup. Now if you have something crazy like an amp for each speaker then that's different. But for the standard 2 or 3 amp setup a relay shouldn't be needed.

'14 Grand Cherokee Limited, OEM U-Connect 8.4a, JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, Arc xdi1200.6v2, Soundstream pn4.520d, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, ID15v3, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Seas Neo Aluminum...Rearfill done properly is a helluva drug!
Old 5 Days Ago   #36

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 baders will become famous soon enoughbaders will become famous soon enoughbaders will become famous soon enoughbaders will become famous soon enoughbaders will become famous soon enoughbaders will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
From someone who has no problems with ground noise with the c-dsp here's how set up.

Everything starts with the FIX82 tapped into the factory amp. Everything NOT OEM gets power and ground from the same place at the battery under the front passenger seat. Remote turn-on starts at a 12v plug in back that's switched on with the acc. Then goes to the FIX to the c-dsp and 2x4 to the amps. No relay. Nothing installed that doesn't need to be there. And keep in mind, relays can take way more current to turn on and stay on than the amps in use need. And if your headunit is turning on the c-dsp that should be the only drag on the remote wire it sees. The amps should only be turned on by the c-dsp which hopefully has enough gonads to turn on any sensible amp setup. Now if you have something crazy like an amp for each speaker then that's different. But for the standard 2 or 3 amp setup a relay shouldn't be needed.
Sorry but this post does not make sense. Current draw of the coil of a relay is minuscule. There have been documented problems using the C-DSP to turn on amps. This is why a separate relay is a good idea.

I had professional installers with more than 30 years experience look at my original set up with C-DSP. They could not fault anything except the C-DSP. Now the biggest reduction in noise I made was replacing the Eonon HU with a Kenwood DDX9017. The second biggest reduction in noise was when we removed the C-DSP. Now, there is no discernible noise at all.
baders is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #37
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by baders View Post
Sorry but this post does not make sense. Current draw of the coil of a relay is minuscule. There have been documented problems using the C-DSP to turn on amps. This is why a separate relay is a good idea.

I had professional installers with more than 30 years experience look at my original set up with C-DSP. They could not fault anything except the C-DSP. Now the biggest reduction in noise I made was replacing the Eonon HU with a Kenwood DDX9017. The second biggest reduction in noise was when we removed the C-DSP. Now, there is no discernible noise at all.
Whatever works. I read on here somewhere that some relays pull more than others and they had proof. You don't have to believe me and I don't expect you to. If the c-dsp isn't happy in your install then it doesn't need to be in it. I've owned mine for about a year and a half now and never a problem that wasn't tracked down to something other than the c-dsp. I still think everyone having noise problems has something wrong in their install but that's just opinion. If someone were to send me their noisy c-dsp and I put it in place of mine and the supposed noisy unit had no noise then that would shut a lot of people up mmmkay

And I've seen installers with decades of experience do some pretty bad installs. Just because swapping out a piece of equipment fixes a problem doesn't mean the problem is fixed completely. The only way to prove the noisy c-dsp's guilty or innocent would be to swap in place of a non-noisy c-dsp and see what happens. Too bad I'm not willing to take on that liability because while I'm honest that doesn't mean the people with the supposed faulty processors are.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement