DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

best sound quality components

23K views 48 replies 28 participants last post by  Fish Chris 2 
#1 ·
hello,

looking into 6.5 components, thinking of going with the cdt es62i series. any pros, cons?

Running an a/d/s mx460 , alpine cda9855 h.u.

any recomendations as for a great sounding set of components would be appreciated

thanks for your time

#39 ·
this thread is funny, people pushing what they got in their car to try to justify to themselves that they got the best, employes of a company trying to sell a product based on awards of acouple certain users. If all the awards meant you had the best speakers it wouldnt be hat for sure.

I have been there many times before, trying what others suggest, and man alot of people have different tastes than me, its hit or miss and can cost you alot of money if you are trying to pleae your ears

To the OP go audition some different brands, otherwise you are buying based on a popularity contest, if you do that you most likely will be disapointed

#42 ·
speaking for myself... sound quaility is very subjective... yes its good to have better drivers in terms of quality and build but still.. in the end... it all boils down to what sounds good to your ears... you are not pleasing anyone but yourself...

i am no expert but when i hear something good... that's where i'm going... as some have said, audition is the key... a lot have done budget installs and a lot have spent more than they could, but still, its up to your hearing's pleasure...

#43 · (Edited)
If I can have my Milberts, Phoenix MSs, Orion HCCAs, all the install flexibility I need, Nakamichi DACs, processors, etc. I would be happy most speaker sets available....and surprisingly enough the ones I might like the least probably cost more than ones I like more.

Sure I have my preferences like anyone else, but if you think just throwing $1000+ speakers in a car alone is an answer to your audiophile dreams you're in for a very rude awakening.

:)

There's a big misconception that speakers (and most audio equipment in general) is like everything else i life....the you get what you pay for argument.

Not always true. For the kind of sound I like, I'm more skeptical of higher end lines than lower end.

#49 ·
I'm guessing you didn't notice this thread was like 10 years old 😀
Not that it's not a good question now... But inevitably, somebody will be bothered by this.

I like my Polk Audios. The soft dome tweeters are nice, never edgy or harsh. And they are pretty inexpensive too. $150 for a set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.