Has anyone changed the 7200 background? - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009   #1

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 112 jimboman will become famous soon enoughjimboman will become famous soon enoughjimboman will become famous soon enoughjimboman will become famous soon enoughjimboman will become famous soon enoughjimboman will become famous soon enough

Default Has anyone changed the 7200 background?

Has there been anyone that has figurd out a way to change the cd7200mkII display data?

I know that the cutting board software should have been updated earlier this year, but for some reason I think it's going to be one of those forgotten pieces of software that's never going to be updated.

I tried to create a new motion picture using the cd5000 option (.vfd) and the unit displayed "error".

I can't stand the background and the motion pictures kindof blow as well, I know I could just tur the display off, but I need the clock on there.

Thanks

Eclipse CD 7200mkII - Monster wiring (flame suit on) MTX Thunder 8302 and 6152 - Original Kicker Comp sub - You guys would laugh me out of here if you knew what I was using up front
jimboman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2009   #2

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 98 aphexacid will become famous soon enoughaphexacid will become famous soon enoughaphexacid will become famous soon enoughaphexacid will become famous soon enoughaphexacid will become famous soon enoughaphexacid will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Has anyone changed the 7200 background?

I just installed my CD7200 last night. I picked the coldest day in Chicago to do it of course, but i didnt want to wait anymore.

I have to say, WTF at the screen. I fully knew what i was getting myself into. I read all comments about the screen. But sound quality is king, then convenience. So, crappy screen.....meh, whatever.

I have searched high and low, the only thing i found was a forum post where a user had a complaint, then another guy came in and said "i created a sweet animation, it doesnt flow with the music, but i'll upload it later." never uploaded it.

I like the plain black background with clock, but the font is SO small.

Any help with getting something cooler would be great!

Eclipse CD7200 MK II | JL 450/4v2 | PPI 355cs | Boston FX92 | JL 1000/1v2 | JL 12W7 ProWedge
aphexacid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2009   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 143 Megalomaniac will become famous soon enoughMegalomaniac will become famous soon enoughMegalomaniac will become famous soon enoughMegalomaniac will become famous soon enoughMegalomaniac will become famous soon enoughMegalomaniac will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to Megalomaniac

I like the plain black too. Its easier to read, and the Face seems to stay cooler too. But I do worry about burns from the clock.
Megalomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009   #4

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 112 jimboman will become famous soon enoughjimboman will become famous soon enoughjimboman will become famous soon enoughjimboman will become famous soon enoughjimboman will become famous soon enoughjimboman will become famous soon enough

Im not sure that the clock would burn in the screen, as that is the default when the unit is off (standby).

A funny story, on the e-iserv website, they had the 2 other animations listed, so I tried them. Unforutaneltly, I didn't know they overwrite the existing ones. After "upgrading" to those, and seeing how horrible the new ones were, I contacted Eclipse and asked them if there were any way possible to get the originals back. Several days later, got an e-mail (possibly from Japan) with the originals. A few days later, they posted the oringinal ones on the site as well for download. (Notice the 3200 doesn't have them).

The dumb thing is that all animations including the fixed background cause you not to be able to see the time or the volume. The circle/sphere are the easiest to read, but still not good enough.

Eclipse CD 7200mkII - Monster wiring (flame suit on) MTX Thunder 8302 and 6152 - Original Kicker Comp sub - You guys would laugh me out of here if you knew what I was using up front

Last edited by jimboman; 12-12-2009 at 02:31 PM..
Old 12-12-2009   #5

DIYMA freshman

So you guys have a plain black with the clock when the unit is on???

If so, how did you do that?

Old 12-13-2009   #6

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 100 billg1230 will become famous soon enoughbillg1230 will become famous soon enoughbillg1230 will become famous soon enoughbillg1230 will become famous soon enoughbillg1230 will become famous soon enoughbillg1230 will become famous soon enough

That display is horrid... plain and simple LOL
billg1230 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2009   #7

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 138 CHH777 will become famous soon enoughCHH777 will become famous soon enoughCHH777 will become famous soon enoughCHH777 will become famous soon enoughCHH777 will become famous soon enoughCHH777 will become famous soon enough

Why the hell Eclipse didn't include a plain black background with scrolling text is beyond me. It's like they want to highlight the hella-shitty display of this HU. The default animation is absolutely hideous! I think flip book animation looks better.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers...
CHH777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2009   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 143 Megalomaniac will become famous soon enoughMegalomaniac will become famous soon enoughMegalomaniac will become famous soon enoughMegalomaniac will become famous soon enoughMegalomaniac will become famous soon enoughMegalomaniac will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHH777 View Post
Why the hell Eclipse didn't include a plain black background with scrolling text is beyond me. It's like they want to highlight the hella-shitty display of this HU. The default animation is absolutely hideous! I think flip book animation looks better.
So the 7200 doesnt have the plain background? Hmm My cd7000 has it. The screen size is different so I guess you cant use the same files.
Megalomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2009   #9

DIYMA freshman

Yup, no plain background. We're stuck with an ugly preset background, or one of 2 animations (one blows bad, and one isn't that bad) or one of two spectrum analyzers, or a display off feature.
I wouldn't mind the complete black if it still just showed the time.

It will only be black with the time in the upper corner if it's in standby.

Old 12-15-2009   #10

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 138 CHH777 will become famous soon enoughCHH777 will become famous soon enoughCHH777 will become famous soon enoughCHH777 will become famous soon enoughCHH777 will become famous soon enoughCHH777 will become famous soon enough

Why not just scrolling text and all the status icons (like during CD playback) only with a black background? This would have been so simple.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers...
Old 12-28-2009   #11

DIYMA freshman

I got my 7200 second hand so I don't know if I have all the animations.

I created an animation using a plain black TIF file. Now the display only shows text & symbols. No crappy background and no animation.

My only complaint is the center line of text is very small but hey, it's 100% better than it was.

Old 12-29-2009   #12

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 98 aphexacid will become famous soon enoughaphexacid will become famous soon enoughaphexacid will become famous soon enoughaphexacid will become famous soon enoughaphexacid will become famous soon enoughaphexacid will become famous soon enough

@ jimboman : you're going to laugh at this....but i returned the CD7200 i had to crutchfield like i was talking about. and i tried 2 more decks since then.

Both of which, i poop on. I'm waiting for crutchfield to debit my account (hopefully tomorrow), and i'm buying another cd7200. The eclipse sounds so damn good, i dont car even if i do get another unit with noisy usb.

on the plus side, is that i got to experiment with crutchfield since i initially didnt know how the cd7200 sounded. So now i can get my 550 back, and get it cheaper elsewhere. I wanted the 3year warranty, but once eclipse told me that crutchfield basically LIED about the 3 year warranty, it became useless.

the clarion i have in right now is very depressing. I havent listened to music for a week now. Hopefully crutchfield gets my money back into my account soon, so i can buy another cd7200 and possibly get my money back for this clarion. if not, looks like i'll be losing.

Eclipse CD7200 MK II | JL 450/4v2 | PPI 355cs | Boston FX92 | JL 1000/1v2 | JL 12W7 ProWedge
Old 12-29-2009   #13

DIYMA Novice

Quote:
I got my 7200 second hand so I don't know if I have all the animations.

I created an animation using a plain black TIF file. Now the display only shows text & symbols. No crappy background and no animation.

My only complaint is the center line of text is very small but hey, it's 100% better than it was.
How are you creating these backgrounds? Is there a creation suite we can get?

i'd love something like that, although i dont mind the little spectrum analyzer thing

Old 12-29-2009   #14

DIYMA freshman

I downloaded Cutting Board from E-iSERV to create the blank animation.

I you want to send me a message with your email address and I'll email it to you.

Old 12-30-2009   #15

DIYMA freshman

That would be awsome...
jimdoo200330@yahoo.com

So your center line of text is now smaller than before??

Also as far as the SQ thing goes, yes it does sound great, but is very dependant on the content. Most radio stations broadcast compressed MP3's directly from a computer, Satalite SQ is worse, and all new CD's are brickwalled and sound harsh. CD's from the 80's sound great as well as other well recorded material. I also suggest staying away from new "Remastered" CD's as those are just recorded louder.

Good luck with the next unit, but now it is tempting to wait and see what shows up at CES, as the 7200 has been around for a couple years... there may be plans for something better, or possibly not.

Old 12-30-2009   #16

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboman View Post
That would be awsome...
jimdoo200330@yahoo.com
Email sent.

Quote:
So your center line of text is now smaller than before??
No, it's the same size. I just wasn't able to find a way to modify it's size with Cutting Board.

Old 12-30-2009   #17

DIYMA freshman

Thanks!!! I'm going to try it out now!!

Old 12-30-2009   #18

DIYMA freshman

Holy Blank Display Batman!!!

(I tried renaming the song to "CHH777 is the MAN!" but it wouldn't fit...)

Do you realize how much money you can make off of that file on ebay??

This is much appreciated as this is exactly what I have been searching for when I got this unit almost 2 years ago.

Old 12-30-2009   #19

DIYMA Novice

Guy is a motherfugging genius! This needs to be a sticky!

I cant wait to get my unit in, this is the first thing im loading on there.

thanks so much again man!

Old 12-30-2009   #20

DIYMA freshman

Now on to debadging the faceplate.

Old 12-30-2009   #21

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Now on to debadging the faceplate.
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...7200-mkii.html

This may help, but I'd be very carefull..

Going back to the blank display, Eclipse tech support said it couldn't be done when I called them a while ago... ha!!

Thanks again.

Old 03-24-2010   #22

DIYMA Novice

Back on my CD7200 for the moment until i get my new car.

I cant stress how amazing the background is that CHH777 Created.

thank you again!

Here is the file in case anyone needs it, i hope no one minds me doing this:

Last edited by schmiddr2; 01-27-2012 at 06:51 PM..
Old 03-24-2010   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 167 WLDock will become famous soon enoughWLDock will become famous soon enoughWLDock will become famous soon enoughWLDock will become famous soon enoughWLDock will become famous soon enoughWLDock will become famous soon enough

I have been going back and forth between what deck I want to get, 7200, 7100, 800PRS, etc. I really liked my old CD8053...I might reconsider this deck? Cool to see the background on here.
WLDock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2010   #24

DIYMA Novice

i made this today

YouTube - Eclipse CD7200 MKII Blackout Screensaver By CHH777 DIYMOBILEAUDIO

Old 10-18-2013   #25

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 huichoval will become famous soon enoughhuichoval will become famous soon enoughhuichoval will become famous soon enoughhuichoval will become famous soon enoughhuichoval will become famous soon enoughhuichoval will become famous soon enough

New member here and just saw this..can anyone show me how this is done????
huichoval is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement