LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010   #26

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 74 Barnie will become famous soon enoughBarnie will become famous soon enoughBarnie will become famous soon enoughBarnie will become famous soon enoughBarnie will become famous soon enoughBarnie will become famous soon enough

Default Re: MOSCONI AMPS.

Hi luke

first part correct, they are currently but changing over, Mosconi will be made in Italy and the as amps in Korea, not china

2nd part also correct.they they do have the DNA of the twister amps with similar power supplies, no one has denied it, updated and upgraded where needed. its a trait of the engineer.

the separate branding isn't a marketing ploy, its down to the new products coming out under the mosconi brand, audio system will continue to offer value for money and good products, Mosconi will be the innovative side of the company and a bit more artistic, the amps are only a small part of the line up. in a month i will be able to say more.

The mos amps were never launched to have revolutionary technology but revolutionary aesthetics, tech wise there are some things coming out for this amp which is are available on other amps, you will have to watch this space.

price wise, its obviously cheaper to ship to the uk that oz/us and we have a small margin with the exchange rate, meaning prices are pretty good here and both brands offer value for money.

what happened with the amps coming through xMplar on mobile electronics Australia
Barnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010   #27

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 55 trigg007 will become famous soon enoughtrigg007 will become famous soon enoughtrigg007 will become famous soon enoughtrigg007 will become famous soon enoughtrigg007 will become famous soon enoughtrigg007 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqnut View Post
Exotic and expensive amps dont give you better sound.

For that you need a good source, great speakers, digital processing and tuning, a solid install and a decent amp that doesn't induce noise, while putting out rated watts.

I know that doesn't really answer your question.
x1000
trigg007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010   #28
dkh

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 78 dkh will become famous soon enoughdkh will become famous soon enoughdkh will become famous soon enoughdkh will become famous soon enoughdkh will become famous soon enoughdkh will become famous soon enough

Same ol same ol - has anyone bothered to look at the manufactures website? Where does the multi-billion dollar price tag come from? Where does the 'high-end' etc etc crappage come from?

The statement from the website clearly states an affordable, good quality amp line within the reach of the end-user - Esoteric??? I think not!

I'm sure the keyboard warriors know exactly where this is going - if you don't have anything constructive to add or say - try and learn the art of waiting - see if someone with some actual knowledge / experience can comment rather than the usual rambling you offer!

Make it happen...

Team Hybrids UK
dkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #29

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 80 fury will become famous soon enoughfury will become famous soon enoughfury will become famous soon enoughfury will become famous soon enoughfury will become famous soon enoughfury will become famous soon enough

Have to admit they certainly are not an expensive amp.

Here, the big 4ch retails for around $1200 AUD...
In comparisson, an Arc Audio SE with similar power retails for $2600 AUD...
Go figure
fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010   #30

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Focal Philippines
Position:
General Manager

Rep Power: 0 Micks69 will become famous soon enoughMicks69 will become famous soon enoughMicks69 will become famous soon enoughMicks69 will become famous soon enoughMicks69 will become famous soon enoughMicks69 will become famous soon enough

Hi guys,

Audio System has always been a German brand. They develop speakers and had the amps develop by GT trading when GT was still up and running. GT is also responsible for international sales and distribution for Audio System. There was no bought over or any sort of thing like that.

Right across GT is a subsidiary of GT that manufactures the product. It used to be own by GT but has segregated itself when the owner of GT offered it to one of its engineers(that is what I heard from GT.) This separate identity is Ivan di Mosconi. They are responsible for the manufacturing of several quality amps we know in the market and including Boston, STEG and Audio System. It also includes a very high end home audio brand called ALOIA. There are other brands but I guess I am not given the right to dispose them. GT was responsible on the trading and business side while The factory across is responsible for manufacturing.

Since the manufacturing is a separate company, it now operates on its own and is continuing to produce amps for others except for the brands GT holds. Audio System in Germany now tied up with the factory and is in charge of marketing and selling the Mosconi brand around the world. I do not think there is any marketing ploy but a solution to continue the business at the fastest given time to make a change on the product line. I am quite impressed with what they did no matter if it is the same as the Twister amps or not which I disagree. In fact, it is actually closer to another Italian amplifier and speaker brand in high end pro audio. It is just part of the engineers design trait but I have to say that the Mosconi's sound quite different from the Twister. Actually more similar to STEG.

Last edited by Micks69; 04-03-2010 at 03:06 PM..
Micks69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010   #31

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Showdown Audio
Position:
Owner/Installer

Rep Power: 0 audiophiledave will become famous soon enoughaudiophiledave will become famous soon enoughaudiophiledave will become famous soon enoughaudiophiledave will become famous soon enoughaudiophiledave will become famous soon enoughaudiophiledave will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micks69 View Post
Hi guys,

Audio System has always been a German brand. They develop speakers and had the amps develop by GT trading when GT was still up and running. GT is also responsible for international sales and distribution for Audio System. There was no bought over or any sort of thing like that.

Right across GT is a subsidiary of GT that manufactures the product. It used to be own by GT but has segregated itself when the owner of GT offered it to one of its engineers(that is what I heard from GT.) This separate identity is Ivan di Mosconi. They are responsible for the manufacturing of several quality amps we know in the market and including Boston, STEG and Audio System. It also includes a very high end home audio brand called ALOIA. There are other brands but I guess I am not given the right to dispose them. GT was responsible on the trading and business side while The factory across is responsible for manufacturing.

Since the manufacturing is a separate company, it now operates on its own and is continuing to produce amps for others except for the brands GT holds. Audio System in Germany now tied up with the factory and is in charge of marketing and selling the Mosconi brand around the world. I do not think there is any marketing ploy but a solution to continue the business at the fastest given time to make a change on the product line. I am quite impressed with what they did no matter if it is the same as the Twister amps or not which I disagree. In fact, it is actually closer to another Italian amplifier and speaker brand in high end pro audio. It is just part of the engineers design trait but I have to say that the Mosconi's sound quite different from the Twister. Actually more similar to STEG.
Couldn't have said the differences between the amps any better.
audiophiledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010   #32

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
AudioGizmos
Position:
Founder & CEO

Rep Power: 66 invinsible will become famous soon enoughinvinsible will become famous soon enoughinvinsible will become famous soon enoughinvinsible will become famous soon enoughinvinsible will become famous soon enoughinvinsible will become famous soon enough

Mosconi amps win the EISA Award for the best Amplifier. Does that speak for its quality ?
European In-Car amplifier 2010-2011 - Mosconi Gladen AS 100.4 | EISA - The European Imaging and Sound Association
invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #33

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 47 GENEXXA will become famous soon enoughGENEXXA will become famous soon enoughGENEXXA will become famous soon enoughGENEXXA will become famous soon enoughGENEXXA will become famous soon enoughGENEXXA will become famous soon enough

Ok, this is an Norwegian website. But with Google Translate. It can be understood.

Google Oversetter

Look at Joakim's Sound score! Lyd = Sound in English.
That is mostly because of the Mosconi and his experiencs in adjusting and installing car audio.

Sorry if my English is f*cking bad.
GENEXXA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #34

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 74 BackToStreet will become famous soon enoughBackToStreet will become famous soon enoughBackToStreet will become famous soon enoughBackToStreet will become famous soon enoughBackToStreet will become famous soon enoughBackToStreet will become famous soon enough

Which Boston series similar Steg or Mosconi?
BackToStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #35

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 63 Heath is on a distinguished roadHeath is on a distinguished roadHeath is on a distinguished road

I recently picked up two of the Mosconi amps which actually replaced my Audison Vrx's. Some would of thought this was insane and honestly I wasn't sure myself. Well after some serious listening over the last couple months I can tell you it was not a mistake.

These amps are for real. They sound just as good if not better than the VRX's but more importantly have double power. They provided some much need dynamic headroom for my Hertz Mille's.

I have heard some comments on the feel of the amp being not up to the quanlity expected. You need to understand that one of the goals with the Moscani amps was to reduce the heat sinks to a minimum. This make up most of the weight to most amps.

Again these are the real deal.
Heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #36

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 63 Heath is on a distinguished roadHeath is on a distinguished roadHeath is on a distinguished road

Here are some pics:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0972.jpg (43.3 KB, 147 views)
Old 11-04-2010   #37

DIYMA freshman

I have the necessary contact info for anyone interested pursuing these amps.
Old 11-08-2010   #38

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 45 TxHouse will become famous soon enoughTxHouse will become famous soon enoughTxHouse will become famous soon enoughTxHouse will become famous soon enoughTxHouse will become famous soon enoughTxHouse will become famous soon enough

I had the opportunity today to audition the AS100.2 on a sound board mated to some focal 165krx2 components and WOW!!!! The absolute cleanest sounding amp I have ever heard period. No matter how hard I cranked it up, it was still crystal clear. No wonder these have won so many awards.

I just thought I would post my .02 on the subject.

2010 Ram Crew Cab Laramie
Front Stage: Focal 165krx2, Mosconi AS100.2, Audiocontrol LC8i
Sub Stage: 2 x 12w6v2, JL 1000/1v2
TxHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011   #39
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 62 piyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enough

I am looking for AS200.4. Whom should i contact..
piyush7243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011   #40

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 45 TxHouse will become famous soon enoughTxHouse will become famous soon enoughTxHouse will become famous soon enoughTxHouse will become famous soon enoughTxHouse will become famous soon enoughTxHouse will become famous soon enough

Audio System - Contact

Contact audio systems. They are the distributor of Mosconi in the States. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-24-2011   #41

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
AudioGizmos
Position:
Founder & CEO

Rep Power: 66 invinsible will become famous soon enoughinvinsible will become famous soon enoughinvinsible will become famous soon enoughinvinsible will become famous soon enoughinvinsible will become famous soon enoughinvinsible will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush7243 View Post
I am looking for AS200.4. Whom should i contact..
Piyush get in touch BBW distributors, they are bringing in the Mosconi amps.
invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011   #42

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 95 00poop6x will become famous soon enough00poop6x will become famous soon enough00poop6x will become famous soon enough00poop6x will become famous soon enough00poop6x will become famous soon enough00poop6x will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxHouse View Post
I had the opportunity today to audition the AS100.2 on a sound board mated to some focal 165krx2 components and WOW!!!! The absolute cleanest sounding amp I have ever heard period. No matter how hard I cranked it up, it was still crystal clear. No wonder these have won so many awards.

I just thought I would post my .02 on the subject.
I want to listen to this, where did you go??

SPG555
00poop6x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011   #43
Upgrade Your Membership!

Recovering Ampoholic

Rep Power: 78 SoundJunkie has a spectacular aura aboutSoundJunkie has a spectacular aura aboutSoundJunkie has a spectacular aura aboutSoundJunkie has a spectacular aura aboutSoundJunkie has a spectacular aura aboutSoundJunkie has a spectacular aura aboutSoundJunkie has a spectacular aura aboutSoundJunkie has a spectacular aura aboutSoundJunkie has a spectacular aura aboutSoundJunkie has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via Yahoo to SoundJunkie

I have a dealer/installer about 2 minutes from my apartment in SE Texas if anyone is interested. I am certain he will ship.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

New ride - 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid - rockin the stock shit.....for now
2013 USACi Super Modified Q Champion 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser (retired)
2011 USACi Modified Q Champion 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Team Focal
Team Audionutz South
SoundJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011   #44

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 61 estione will become famous soon enoughestione will become famous soon enoughestione will become famous soon enoughestione will become famous soon enoughestione will become famous soon enoughestione will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqnut View Post
Exotic and expensive amps dont give you better sound.

For that you need a good source, great speakers, DIGITAL PROCESSING and TUNING, a solid install and a decent amp that doesn't induce noise, while putting out rated watts.

I know that doesn't really answer your question.
DIGITAL PROCESSING , That is not true
estione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011   #45

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 62 sqcomp will become famous soon enoughsqcomp will become famous soon enoughsqcomp will become famous soon enoughsqcomp will become famous soon enoughsqcomp will become famous soon enoughsqcomp will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
I recently picked up two of the Mosconi amps which actually replaced my Audison Vrx's. Some would of thought this was insane and honestly I wasn't sure myself. Well after some serious listening over the last couple months I can tell you it was not a mistake.

These amps are for real. They sound just as good if not better than the VRX's but more importantly have double power. They provided some much need dynamic headroom for my Hertz Mille's.

I have heard some comments on the feel of the amp being not up to the quanlity expected. You need to understand that one of the goals with the Moscani amps was to reduce the heat sinks to a minimum. This make up most of the weight to most amps.

Again these are the real deal.
*meh*

I've been witness to the install of the Mosconi AS300.2 to use as a sub amp as well as to get a feel for the Mosconi line. I can say that it certainly isn't as "big" as it is made out to be. The shop that did it was so impressed with it that they haven't bothered bringing on the line. Sure it's clear, sure it's powerful...And? It's performance wasn't anything to write home about. it was installed correctly, had no noise and pushed the sub well. IMHO, it's no better than anything else in the class we can choose. Perhaps I'm an Audison nut hugger, but I like the LRx's crossover control a bit better (even though I have no use for it).

I'd like to put it up against the Arc SE4200 on the higher power end and the LRx 2.9 on the lower power end in the same vehicle just to gauge the end result.

Last edited by sqcomp; 02-26-2011 at 07:10 PM..
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011   #46

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 95 the other hated guy will become famous soon enoughthe other hated guy will become famous soon enoughthe other hated guy will become famous soon enoughthe other hated guy will become famous soon enoughthe other hated guy will become famous soon enoughthe other hated guy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by estione View Post
DIGITAL PROCESSING , That is not true
you can get good sound without it in a car but not great sound IMO.. the purest "digital processing is the devil" is hoggwash

Randy Kunin, Co-Owner www.randall-k.com
the other hated guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011   #47

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00poop6x View Post
I want to listen to this, where did you go??
Bico Stereo in the Woodlands had this setup on their demo board. I didn't buy from them because they were charging too much and way too much for labor but they were friendly and helpful.

Old 03-08-2011   #48

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Showdown Audio
Position:
Owner/Installer

Rep Power: 0 audiophiledave will become famous soon enoughaudiophiledave will become famous soon enoughaudiophiledave will become famous soon enoughaudiophiledave will become famous soon enoughaudiophiledave will become famous soon enoughaudiophiledave will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Bico Stereo in the Woodlands had this setup on their demo board. I didn't buy from them because they were charging too much and way too much for labor but they were friendly and helpful.
I use to buy from their old shop but your right they sell for to expensive now. I personally have the steg amplifiers and can say for the amount of head room they offer it is amazing. There are a lot of great amplifiers out there but not too many which have a beefy power supply and still can produce a natural frequency curve. Steg and misconi can do both. I did recently install a new alpine pdx amplifier and was amazed at how well it sounded.
audiophiledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011   #49

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 95 00poop6x will become famous soon enough00poop6x will become famous soon enough00poop6x will become famous soon enough00poop6x will become famous soon enough00poop6x will become famous soon enough00poop6x will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'll check it out for sure. I wonder why they would Installation can make or break a system I suppose

How is the amplifier doing so far? What head unit are you using?

**EDIT**

Never mind, you have an SSI

SPG555
00poop6x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011   #50
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 83 dman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of light

top notch amps for sure... !!!! period
dman is online now   Reply With Quote