35% off and free 1TB ext HD on Dell Latitude laptops - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2017   #1

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
RSR Corp.
Position:
Maint. Admin.

Rep Power: 29 Truthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enough

Default 35% off and free 1TB ext HD on Dell Latitude laptops

Desktop, Laptop, Workstation & Server Deals | Dell

I'm needing a new laptop. My current one is a 12 year old Latitude D820 which has served me well and has never given me any major issues or crashes (Original HDD). Because of my good experience with it I was looking at buying a new Latitude and found these deals.

I thinking about getting this one in particular:
Latitude 15 3000 Series Business Laptops | Dell

After all the discounts it would be $834.79.
Can any of you PC guru types confirm that this is a good deal or if I should look elsewhere?
Truthunter is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2017   #2

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 133 felix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 35% off and free 1TB ext HD on Dell Latitude laptops

That seems like a fair deal. The one kicker is that it does not have a SSD as the System(Windows boot) disk. Nowdays I would not buy one without some type of SSD as the system disk..

Besides the SSD, it just comes down to what features you want.. To make it more future proof you might want a USB type C connection or You might be interested in a touchscreen with a flippable screen(makes like a tablet) similar to the Samsung 7 Spin.

Just my opinion, I have used Asus or Samsung for personal machines for several years now and highly recommend either brand..

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

Last edited by felix509; 02-15-2017 at 01:39 PM..
felix509 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2017   #3

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 131 jamesjones will become famous soon enoughjamesjones will become famous soon enoughjamesjones will become famous soon enoughjamesjones will become famous soon enoughjamesjones will become famous soon enoughjamesjones will become famous soon enough

Yeah, once you go SSD for your system disk you can never go back. Amazing difference in start up, wake up and loading speeds.

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab - CD7200mkii > PG Ti2 1000.4 (SI TM25/ID X69) PG Ti2 2000.1 (Sundown SD-3 12 x2) 1963 Volkswagen Double Cab - CD8445 > JBL MS-A1004 (NVX XSPTW/SI TM65) JBL MS-A5001 x2 (Sundown SD1v2 10 x2)
jamesjones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017   #4

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 76 Manic1! is on a distinguished roadManic1! is on a distinguished roadManic1! is on a distinguished roadManic1! is on a distinguished road

Not really a deal. Wait for a deal on a site like https://slickdeals.net/
Manic1! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2017   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 47 FordEscape is a glorious beacon of lightFordEscape is a glorious beacon of lightFordEscape is a glorious beacon of lightFordEscape is a glorious beacon of lightFordEscape is a glorious beacon of lightFordEscape is a glorious beacon of lightFordEscape is a glorious beacon of lightFordEscape is a glorious beacon of lightFordEscape is a glorious beacon of lightFordEscape is a glorious beacon of lightFordEscape is a glorious beacon of light

Huge fan of Dell and SSD's. Latitude laptops have proven bullet-proof for me personally and our motorcycle roadrace club where they really get abused.

Unfortunately, per chat with Dell the Latitude 15 3000 series is only available in the preset configurations currently advertised .... there's no option to 'upgrade' from HD to SSD at time of sale for that model/series. USB "C" is also not an option.

2014 Ford Escape ~ OEM SYNC Non-Sony 8" Touchscreen HU
DSP & Amps by JBL MS series ~ Midrange & Tweeters by HAT Legatia ~ Midbass & Subs by SI TM/BM

click here to download DIYMA JBL MS-8 Andy's Wisdom.pdf < the 'all meat' version of JBL's MS-8 processor!
FordEscape is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2017   #6

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
RSR Corp.
Position:
Maint. Admin.

Rep Power: 29 Truthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enough

Thanks for all the feedback. Part of the reason I posted here was to hopefully get schooled a little to make a better decison. I did not know about the speed advantages of an ssd or what USB-C was. Now looking for something with hybrid storage HDD+SSD & USB-C.
I've had good luck with Samsung products too and found this one which I could add an SSD to make it a hybrid and keep it under $1k:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A2GYMX5OBKGV1V
Old 02-16-2017   #7

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 76 Manic1! is on a distinguished roadManic1! is on a distinguished roadManic1! is on a distinguished roadManic1! is on a distinguished road

4 questions.

1.Whats your budget?
2. How much hard drive space do you need?
3. What screen size do you like?
4. What are you using it for?
Manic1! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2017   #8

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
RSR Corp.
Position:
Maint. Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic1! View Post
4 questions.

1.Whats your budget?
2. How much hard drive space do you need?
3. What screen size do you like?
4. What are you using it for?
1. Ideally under $800 but I could swing $1k if need be.
2. 500G would be plenty for my needs
3. 14-15"
4. ACAD/Solidworks, MS Office, REW, Minor photo/video editing, Internet

Most importantly, it needs to work right out of the box without headaches, and it needs to be reliable for 5+ years (Like my current D820). This is what made me choose a business class machine over a consumer grade machine last time.
Also, it needs to be able to withstand everyday abuse without showing it much. The metal case on the Samsung scares me - afraid it will show every knick/scratch/ding.

Last edited by Truthunter; 02-17-2017 at 05:50 AM..
Old 02-17-2017   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 121 quickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the rough

Looks like a solid laptop, but I would go with SSD upgrade it as soon as you get it, get the lowest drive space possible and re image it to SSD, battery saver and also it makes the laptop fly!

2013 VW CC and as I said down low!

When You Think Your Done! Reality is..... is just the beginning
quickaudi07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2017   #10

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 mmslash will become famous soon enoughmmslash will become famous soon enoughmmslash will become famous soon enoughmmslash will become famous soon enoughmmslash will become famous soon enoughmmslash will become famous soon enough

thanks for this
mmslash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2017   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 43 DavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enough

They have some good deals on the XPS, too... I have my eyes on those, i7, SSD, etc..

$1,304 after discounts.

My wife was furious when she overheard me saying I want to do a 3 way in my Jeep. 2016 Wrangler 2 Door - Morel MT250 Tweeters - Morel Hybrid MW6 Midbass - Hertz Mille Rear fill- Sundown Zv.4 & SCV-2000D - Arc XDi - Mosconi Pico 2 - MiniDSP - source Fiio X3
DavidRam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2017   #12

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 trenion will become famous soon enoughtrenion will become famous soon enoughtrenion will become famous soon enoughtrenion will become famous soon enoughtrenion will become famous soon enoughtrenion will become famous soon enough

This is definitely a good deal! Grab it while it's still available. I wish my current laptop will serve me that long.
trenion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement