Sonic Electronix March Markdown Madness - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 309 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Default Sonic Electronix March Markdown Madness

Looks like Sonic has some pretty nice deals for this month.

March Markdown Madness

Of particular interest might be the deals on NVX gear right now with the coupon code "NVXELEC".

For additional discounts, you can also use my code "hutsell". (Better discounts to new customers, but still a little savings for repeat customers.)

The supply on the XP6ACT and XQW122 are getting pretty low, so act quickly if you want a set.

Those subs and the D4 version XQW124 look to be an absolute steal for under $200/pair! SB Acoustic designed and built, 20mm Xmax, shorting ring, 3" voicecoil, etc.

Pioneer DEH-80PRS | Mosconi 6to8 V8 | Arc KS900.6 | Arc KS600.2 | Illusion TL 25 BN | Illusion C5 | Arc Black 12
2015 MECA SQL Street California State Champion
Sonic Electronix Discount Code: hutsell
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to rton20s For This Useful Post:
bbfoto (3 Weeks Ago)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 22 beak81champ will become famous soon enoughbeak81champ will become famous soon enoughbeak81champ will become famous soon enoughbeak81champ will become famous soon enoughbeak81champ will become famous soon enoughbeak81champ will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Sonic Electronix March Markdown Madness

Thanks man!

2013 Camaro SS/RS - Kenwood DDX9903S - Arc Audio PS-8/PSC - Arc Audio XDi1200.6 - Helix SPXL1000 - (2) Audiofrog GB12D4, GB60, GB25, GB10
beak81champ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 127 USS Enterprise will become famous soon enoughUSS Enterprise will become famous soon enoughUSS Enterprise will become famous soon enoughUSS Enterprise will become famous soon enoughUSS Enterprise will become famous soon enoughUSS Enterprise will become famous soon enough

Wonder how those subs would do IB.

185 after coupon code. Seems good.
USS Enterprise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 309 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Enterprise View Post
Wonder how those subs would do IB.

185 after coupon code. Seems good.
I wouldn't count too much on the published specs. I emailed NVX about them months ago and the specs they sent me were completely different on those subwoofers, and I never could confirm which VC configuration the specs I was sent applied to. Having said that, with the supplied specs IB would probably my preferred installation method. If I had the spare cash right now, I would have already ordered a pair.

The specs I was supplied...

QMS12.88
QES 0.74
QTS 0.70
CMS 0.12 mm/n
MMS 203.0 gr
RMS 3.2 kg/s
BL 12.7
VAS 51.4
SD 551.5cm
FS 32.2hz
SPL @1w /1m= 91dB

I followed up that email asking about the VC configuration, Re, Le, Xmax confirmation, etc. and never did hear back.

Pioneer DEH-80PRS | Mosconi 6to8 V8 | Arc KS900.6 | Arc KS600.2 | Illusion TL 25 BN | Illusion C5 | Arc Black 12
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #5

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 16 LostnEye will become famous soon enoughLostnEye will become famous soon enoughLostnEye will become famous soon enoughLostnEye will become famous soon enoughLostnEye will become famous soon enoughLostnEye will become famous soon enough

I picked up a set of X series tweeters before they went out of stock. See how they do paired with HAT L6s
LostnEye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 130 foreman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enough

How much power IB do you think those XQW 12's will be too much? I have 300 per channel at 2 ohms. Advertised power in an enclosure is only 4. Trying to judge if i should go with d2 or d4. At 4 ohms i have 150 per channel....Thoughts?

Deck-DEX-P99Rs, Amp-Arc xdi v2 1200.6
Dash-Xtant XIS 2.4
Doors-Scan Rev's, sub SI Mag 4....
foreman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #7
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreman View Post
How much power IB do you think those XQW 12's will be too much? I have 300 per channel at 2 ohms. Advertised power in an enclosure is only 4. Trying to judge if i should go with d2 or d4. At 4 ohms i have 150 per channel....Thoughts?
In WinISD modeling a pair with 600W in 16 cf doesn't even get you to the claimed 20mm Xmax with no infrasonic filter in place. You'll push them to just shy of 18mm of one way excursion. Throw on a 15 Hz BW2 infrasonic filter and your talking about less than 16mm of one way excursion. I would definitely opt for the configuration that gives you 300W for each driver.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 130 foreman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enough

Thanks for that! I was wondering which to model because of the advertised specs versus the .7 qts you mentioned...

Dash-Xtant XIS 2.4
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #9

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 28 V 2the C is on a distinguished roadV 2the C is on a distinguished roadV 2the C is on a distinguished roadV 2the C is on a distinguished roadV 2the C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rton20s View Post
In WinISD modeling a pair with 600W in 16 cf doesn't even get you to the claimed 20mm Xmax with no infrasonic filter in place. You'll push them to just shy of 18mm of one way excursion. Throw on a 15 Hz BW2 infrasonic filter and your talking about less than 16mm of one way excursion. I would definitely opt for the configuration that gives you 300W for each driver.
These subs may be different but the other sb acoustic subs have 28 mm voice coils and 7 to 8 mm gaps. So that cuts the xmax down to 10 mm for WinISD? I'm not sure. I've already ordered a set and would like to have some sealed and ported box sizes for just one sub.
V 2the C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #10
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by V 2the C View Post
These subs may be different but the other sb acoustic subs have 28 mm voice coils and 7 to 8 mm gaps. So that cuts the xmax down to 10 mm for WinISD? I'm not sure. I've already ordered a set and would like to have some sealed and ported box sizes for just one sub.
This is one of the reasons I was hoping to get confirmation from NVX. And keep in mind that there are several different ways manufacturers can measure Xmax. With raw drivers we are used to seeing the overhand method VC height - Gap Height / 2. But many times manufacturers or brands will use 70% of BL. Other still just use whatever number they want, or even Xmech.

While there is the 12'' SB34SWNRX-S75-6 :: SB Acoustics which has been out for a while and available from Madisound, Solen, etc., I do not think this is the same subwoofer at all. It may be more closely related to the yet to be released SB Acoustics :: 12" SB34SWPL76-4. Note the larger motor, larger surround longer voicecoil, higher Xmax (15mm by overhang method) etc. All things more in line with the NVX design.

I do not think they are the same though. I believe the NVX design is unique to them and probably developed by SB Acoustic specifically for NVX.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #11

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 104 SPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enough

Did anyone try out the NVX subs yet?

Morel Supremo Piccolo/Dynaudio Esotar 650/Helix DSP Pro/JL Audio HD600.4/JL Audio HD1200.1/JL Audio 13w7
SPAZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #12

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 28 V 2the C is on a distinguished roadV 2the C is on a distinguished roadV 2the C is on a distinguished roadV 2the C is on a distinguished roadV 2the C is on a distinguished road

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...V12G-Gray.html

I picked up one of ^ these $45 boxes to try it in. The cut out is 11" so I had to cut it to 12". If anyone goes this route pay attention because the outside diameter of the sub was basically the same as the box. I had to shift the hole to 7 o'clock away from the port. YMMV. Use the cardboard cut out that the sub ships with.

At roughly $95 each, this may be the best money you will ever spend on a sub. It makes lots of output effortlessly in 1.8 ported with @350-400 watts.
V 2the C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #13

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 27 GEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enough

Looks like a good price on the GTis ... I wish they would sell the 6.5s only
GEM592 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #14

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 104 SPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enoughSPAZ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by V 2the C View Post
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...V12G-Gray.html

I picked up one of ^ these $45 boxes to try it in. The cut out is 11" so I had to cut it to 12". If anyone goes this route pay attention because the outside diameter of the sub was basically the same as the box. I had to shift the hole to 7 o'clock away from the port. YMMV. Use the cardboard cut out that the sub ships with.

At roughly $95 each, this may be the best money you will ever spend on a sub. It makes lots of output effortlessly in 1.8 ported with @350-400 watts.
Good sound quality?

Morel Supremo Piccolo/Dynaudio Esotar 650/Helix DSP Pro/JL Audio HD600.4/JL Audio HD1200.1/JL Audio 13w7
SPAZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

I picked up a set of the NVX 12's....nice build quality. Not sure i'll ever test them out....sounded good at the time lol

Dash-Xtant XIS 2.4
Old 1 Week Ago   #16

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 6 Aslmx will become famous soon enoughAslmx will become famous soon enoughAslmx will become famous soon enoughAslmx will become famous soon enoughAslmx will become famous soon enoughAslmx will become famous soon enough

Quote:

March Markdown Madness

Of particular interest might be the deals on NVX gear right now with the coupon code "NVXELEC".

For additional discounts, you can also use my code "hutsell". (Better discounts to new customers, but still a little savings for repeat customers.)

The supply on the XP6ACT and XQW122 are getting pretty low, so act quickly if you want a set.

Those subs and the D4 version XQW124 look to be an absolute steal for under $200/pair! SB Acoustic designed and built, 20mm Xmax, shorting ring, 3" voicecoil, etc.
Will it let you use both codes?
Aslmx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

no, i tried lol

Dash-Xtant XIS 2.4
Old 1 Week Ago   #18

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 trenion will become famous soon enoughtrenion will become famous soon enoughtrenion will become famous soon enoughtrenion will become famous soon enoughtrenion will become famous soon enoughtrenion will become famous soon enough

I agree that these are indeed good deals and I hope It's still available. I'm pretty sure that many people will race towards buying these deals. We have to be hurry for the March Markdown madness of NVX gear and XP6ACT with discounts.
trenion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #19

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 16 HOIRiIZON will become famous soon enoughHOIRiIZON will become famous soon enoughHOIRiIZON will become famous soon enoughHOIRiIZON will become famous soon enoughHOIRiIZON will become famous soon enoughHOIRiIZON will become famous soon enough

Quote:

March Markdown Madness

Oh you work for them, I'm going to have to unsubscribe now.
HOIRiIZON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #20

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 6 Lexingtonian will become famous soon enoughLexingtonian will become famous soon enoughLexingtonian will become famous soon enoughLexingtonian will become famous soon enoughLexingtonian will become famous soon enoughLexingtonian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOIRiIZON View Post
Just wanted to thank you for adding so much to the conversation. Ground breaking stuff there... really!

Lexingtonian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexingtonian For This Useful Post:
street.terror (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #21
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreman View Post
no, i tried lol
Thanks for trying. Any time you have an order without another discount code, my code "hutsell" should work. Not a huge discount if you aren't a first time customer, but a little off the top is always nice.

Quote:
No. I do not. I just had the opportunity to give people a discount code for better pricing. I would have shared the March Madness sale, regardless. If you don't want a discount using my code, so be it. It is available for anyone who wants to save a few bucks.

The Following User Says Thank You to rton20s For This Useful Post:
street.terror (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

do it yourself

Rep Power: 40115 schmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Figuring out the plot to a story that doesn't exist. Then running away.

Bravo

“When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear.” ― Thomas Sowell
schmiddr2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to schmiddr2 For This Useful Post:
rton20s (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #23

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 6 Aslmx will become famous soon enoughAslmx will become famous soon enoughAslmx will become famous soon enoughAslmx will become famous soon enoughAslmx will become famous soon enoughAslmx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Thanks for trying. Any time you have an order without another discount code, my code "hutsell" should work. Not a huge discount if you aren't a first time customer, but a little off the top is always nice.

No. I do not. I just had the opportunity to give people a discount code for better pricing. I would have shared the March Madness sale, regardless. If you don't want a discount using my code, so be it. It is available for anyone who wants to save a few bucks.
The code you gave is almost the same as the march madness discount that I'm getting. Thanks for giving the opportunity. I really appreciate it.
Aslmx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Aslmx For This Useful Post:
rton20s (1 Week Ago)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement