INCREASE MID BASS! How to Sound Deaden Like a Pro - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2014   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

SuperDave

12V Company:
Elite Auto Salon/eAsy fab co.
Position:
Manager/Fabricator/Owner

Rep Power: 151 TheDavel has a spectacular aura aboutTheDavel has a spectacular aura aboutTheDavel has a spectacular aura aboutTheDavel has a spectacular aura aboutTheDavel has a spectacular aura aboutTheDavel has a spectacular aura aboutTheDavel has a spectacular aura aboutTheDavel has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: INCREASE MID BASS! How to Sound Deaden Like a Pro

Adequate coverage with CLD is 25%, but that's just adequate coverage... Would 90-100% coverage have any negative results other then time and money spent, no! Does the added CLD help, yes. Just the weight alone added to a flimsy door will help about every aspect of the speakers performance, maybe it's a marginal gain, but it's a gain. Same applies with CLD on the backside if door panels too.

Bracing, proper baffles, ect will further assist... Weakest link is the door itself. Bracing, baffles, CLD, and other treatments are all techniques that aid in woofer performance. There are many roads to take to get to a destination... This video highlights Marks way.

My way starts with the largest, thickest, most sustainable baffle I can make. Void free Baltic Birch, HDPE, Aluminum... Then go from there.

Still Lurkin'
TheDavel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2014   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 99 Alrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enough

I used 28 gauge sheet metal to seal a large opening, about 14" long, flexible and light, I used CLD on the inside.

My question is, will I increase rigidity to the sheet metal by gluing 1/8" MLV to the existing sheet metal facing the door panel? Will it be worth it?

Al

Pioneer Deh 80 Prs, JBL MS amps
Alrojoca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2014   #28
DIYMA 500 Club

SuperDave

12V Company:
Elite Auto Salon/eAsy fab co.
Position:
Manager/Fabricator/Owner

Rep Power: 151 TheDavel has a spectacular aura aboutTheDavel has a spectacular aura aboutTheDavel has a spectacular aura aboutTheDavel has a spectacular aura aboutTheDavel has a spectacular aura aboutTheDavel has a spectacular aura aboutTheDavel has a spectacular aura aboutTheDavel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrojoca View Post
I used 28 gauge sheet metal to seal a large opening, about 14" long, flexible and light, I used CLD on the inside.

My question is, will I increase rigidity to the sheet metal by gluing 1/8" MLV to the existing sheet metal facing the door panel? Will it be worth it?
You will not increase rigidity... You need to add a more rigid material then MLV or you need to add bracing, baffles, ect... Just adding 28 gauge sheet metal isn't necessarily going to help either, if you bead roll it or dimple dye it, then it would be much stronger... That or you should use a stiffer/thicker material.

Still Lurkin'
TheDavel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2014   #29
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 99 Alrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDavel View Post
You will not increase rigidity... You need to add a more rigid material then MLV or you need to add bracing, baffles, ect... Just adding 28 gauge sheet metal isn't necessarily going to help either, if you bead roll it or dimple dye it, then it would be much stronger... That or you should use a stiffer/thicker material.
Thanks,
I figured 28 g sheet is not stiff, only CLD on one side made it much heavier and helped with less flexing, gaps between the metal and door are sealed well, the bass is good, I can't complain, it may flex a bit, I have played with the door panel off, no noise or rattles detected. I was just wondering if I could make it better to improve the bass, I guess the 1/4" ABS will be better, I just don't know if I can screw a 1/4" material and still make the panel fit. I may go with 22-24 g aluminum sheet metal, it may be more flexible and easier to work with than using the same gauge in stain or sheet metal, I doubt, Galvanized 22-24 g sheet metal will be available at an affordable price. I only paid $10.00 for this sheet, more than enough to do 4 doors.
Shop IMPERIAL 24-in x 36-in GV Flat Sheet at Lowes.com

Al

Pioneer Deh 80 Prs, JBL MS amps
Alrojoca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement