Simple, cheap, and effective door treatments - Page 14 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012   #326

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 59 ecobass will become famous soon enoughecobass will become famous soon enoughecobass will become famous soon enoughecobass will become famous soon enoughecobass will become famous soon enoughecobass will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Simple, cheap, and effective door treatments

Wow! Great info on this entire thread but i better get back to work lol
ecobass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2014   #327

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 deadringerr7 will become famous soon enoughdeadringerr7 will become famous soon enoughdeadringerr7 will become famous soon enoughdeadringerr7 will become famous soon enoughdeadringerr7 will become famous soon enoughdeadringerr7 will become famous soon enough

ok i dont want to post on a 2 year old thread put i have read all 14 pages and something was not made clear. So i would like a step by step direction on how to treat the door please. so i use cld tiles on the inner door skin first then cld on the outer door skin. if you use mass loaded vinyl when and where do you apply it. on the inner or outer door skin? before or after you apply the cld tiles? do you put cld tiles around the speaker hole and then you drill the mdf rings on the cld tiles? or do you put just the duct seal right on the door metal, then place the mdf ring on the door to make it a tight seal?
deadringerr7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2014   #328
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 94 truckerfte will become famous soon enoughtruckerfte will become famous soon enoughtruckerfte will become famous soon enoughtruckerfte will become famous soon enoughtruckerfte will become famous soon enoughtruckerfte will become famous soon enoughtruckerfte will become famous soon enough

I'm in the process of doing my doors now.

Its a Saturn, so after my last experience with my first one I'm skipping the outer door. It didn't seem to help any on the plastic panels.

This time I'm doing it this way. The factory put a jute covering behind the outer door skin, so I'm leaving it alone. I covered the big hole with masking tape, and fiberglassed a cover for it. ( BTW, I forgot any kind of release agent for it....don't do that, lol) Hopefully if I drag my ass to the shop tonight I'll finish trimming that part up. Then I'll seal the new panel with silicon and screw it in. Then a damper on the door panel. Then jute or ccf over that. Then mlv. Door spacer sealed with resin, sealed to door with duct seal. Then speaker. Not sure if its the "right" way or not, but that's the way I'm doing it.

Now, if my car had metal doors, I would have used a damper on inside of door skin as well, along with something behind the speaker to break up the back wave.

Tried to post pic, but phone is being a bitch. And I'm sure there are easier ways to seal the holes in the doors, but I wanted to get a feel for glassing before I start on a more ambitious project...a sub box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbassplay
It's not a party until the bottoms come off.

Last edited by truckerfte; 09-08-2014 at 08:44 PM..
truckerfte is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2014   #329

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Blackmore Mobile / Reign Motoring
Position:
Regional Manager

Rep Power: 0 lwdwn1 will become famous soon enoughlwdwn1 will become famous soon enoughlwdwn1 will become famous soon enoughlwdwn1 will become famous soon enoughlwdwn1 will become famous soon enoughlwdwn1 will become famous soon enough

Nice
lwdwn1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2015   #330

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 zidaro will become famous soon enoughzidaro will become famous soon enoughzidaro will become famous soon enoughzidaro will become famous soon enoughzidaro will become famous soon enoughzidaro will become famous soon enough

so much amazing info here. appreciated, as i am venturing into my first really diy audio upgrades to my 2010 Tundra Crewmax. Lots of sq. footage of panelling in need of deadening and insulating!
zidaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2015   #331

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 starbai will become famous soon enoughstarbai will become famous soon enoughstarbai will become famous soon enoughstarbai will become famous soon enoughstarbai will become famous soon enoughstarbai will become famous soon enough

What liquid deadener did you use?

Thanks.
starbai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2015   #332

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 72 elwood will become famous soon enoughelwood will become famous soon enoughelwood will become famous soon enoughelwood will become famous soon enoughelwood will become famous soon enoughelwood will become famous soon enough

Great thread with valuable info. However, most of the manufactured baffle material such as Deflex, dynaxorb, etc. I cannot seem to find anywhere. I don't want to use open-cell foam. Anyone know of a decent product currently on the market that's not outrageously priced?

Last edited by elwood; 04-03-2015 at 11:31 PM..
elwood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2015   #333

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 SnotBubbles4You will become famous soon enoughSnotBubbles4You will become famous soon enoughSnotBubbles4You will become famous soon enoughSnotBubbles4You will become famous soon enoughSnotBubbles4You will become famous soon enoughSnotBubbles4You will become famous soon enough

Good Thread
SnotBubbles4You is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2015   #334

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 130 lpreston will become famous soon enoughlpreston will become famous soon enoughlpreston will become famous soon enoughlpreston will become famous soon enoughlpreston will become famous soon enoughlpreston will become famous soon enough

Cascade still shows it on their site.

Eliminate destructive speaker backwave energy with Deflex.
lpreston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement