A simple way to tune courtesy of cmusic....... - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010   #26

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 82 gt6334a will become famous soon enoughgt6334a will become famous soon enoughgt6334a will become famous soon enoughgt6334a will become famous soon enoughgt6334a will become famous soon enoughgt6334a will become famous soon enough

Default Re: A simple way to tune courtesy of cmusic.......

excellent information! thanks!
gt6334a is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2011   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 114 TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to all

Back from the dead.

Quick question, does this method apply to two seat apps as well? Just curious, since you'd probably be doing everything from the drivers seat, how do you make it sound good on both seats?
TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2011   #28

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 72 roseda91 will become famous soon enoughroseda91 will become famous soon enoughroseda91 will become famous soon enoughroseda91 will become famous soon enoughroseda91 will become famous soon enoughroseda91 will become famous soon enough

GREAT INFO!!!
roseda91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011   #29
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 104 jcollin76 is just really nicejcollin76 is just really nicejcollin76 is just really nicejcollin76 is just really nicejcollin76 is just really nicejcollin76 is just really nicejcollin76 is just really nicejcollin76 is just really nicejcollin76 is just really nicejcollin76 is just really nicejcollin76 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by elenalee View Post
i like tunes and music
==========
6 posts in the span of what... Ten min? All of them 'i like this', 'thanks', etc... Looks like your going right down the line....

You could try getting involved in some threads and giving useful and constructive posts to get your 50 in....

08 Chevy Silverado ccsb >>>Pioneer DEX-P99RS>>>JL HD600/4×2, JL HD1200/1>>>Rainbow cal28>>>Pioneer ts-s062prs>>> Rainbow w175 platinum>>>JL zr800>>>Diyma R12 ×4 sealed>>> lots of Second skin, Raamaudio, and knuconcepts
jcollin76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2011   #30
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Rep Power: 134 BowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enough

Anyone have a better download link for the test tones?

2010 Fusion Sport: SQ InstallSubwoofer In-Dash

Team Audiofrog | Team Syracuse Customs

Encore 8 | MF DAC | RPM88 | XDi 1200.6 | MR2150 | GB12 | GB60 | GB25 | GB10
BowDown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2011   #31
DIYMA 500 Club

NCSQ Founding Member

Rep Power: 133 Notloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDown View Post
Anyone have a better download link for the test tones?
Top of this page 'Car audio Test Tones'

AmpGuts.com - Test Tones

You can make your own in Audacity also.

I like building stuff. I'm not very good at it but I enjoy it.
Notloudenuf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2011   #32

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 71 veritasz34 will become famous soon enoughveritasz34 will become famous soon enoughveritasz34 will become famous soon enoughveritasz34 will become famous soon enoughveritasz34 will become famous soon enoughveritasz34 will become famous soon enough

WOW a blast from the past..I have known chuck for years. He always had a great sounding car..We used to go to just about every show we could find back in the day.. One thing about chuck, he was tested at a beltone clinic and they said only .5% of the population hear what he does..great ear and a great guy..but my ear isn't too far behind his...
veritasz34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2011   #33

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 73 jester is on a distinguished roadjester is on a distinguished roadjester is on a distinguished roadjester is on a distinguished road

Great info. I have forgot to do some of the steps

jester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2011   #34

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 mrbukol will become famous soon enoughmrbukol will become famous soon enoughmrbukol will become famous soon enoughmrbukol will become famous soon enoughmrbukol will become famous soon enoughmrbukol will become famous soon enough

I appreciate that. thank man for sharing ideas
mrbukol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2011   #35

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 69 redbaronace is on a distinguished roadredbaronace is on a distinguished roadredbaronace is on a distinguished roadredbaronace is on a distinguished roadredbaronace is on a distinguished road

tagged for a future afternoon tuning session.
redbaronace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011   #36

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 77 antikryst is on a distinguished roadantikryst is on a distinguished roadantikryst is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL View Post
Back from the dead.

Quick question, does this method apply to two seat apps as well? Just curious, since you'd probably be doing everything from the drivers seat, how do you make it sound good on both seats?
same question from me as well. if reversing polarity of a woofer for example would have it acoustically in phase with the other woofer from the drivers seat... would this mess it up for the passenger seat?

another (maybe really dumb question)... can you keep playing music while taking out say a woofer or a tweeter from the passive crossover without harming the system? say have just tweets play... then reverse polarity of 1 tweet would have just 1 tweeter total connected to the entire system. is it safe? just wan a make sure.
antikryst is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2011   #37
DIYMA 500 Club

That's what she said.

Rep Power: 113 adrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond repute

Great info, i'll be using this soon. Thank you! (up we go again)

Humph umph tsk tsk hump umph tsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkZ View Post
It's not Tchaikovsky. But it's still music that people like and that people want to listen to. Therefore, the goal is to meet that demand. When you let your audio system dictate the music you listen to, you've lost.
adrenalinejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012   #38
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 117 slowsedan01 will become famous soon enoughslowsedan01 will become famous soon enoughslowsedan01 will become famous soon enoughslowsedan01 will become famous soon enoughslowsedan01 will become famous soon enoughslowsedan01 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to slowsedan01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Marv View Post
This is an excerpt from a tuning thread I started on ECA a while back posted courtesy of Chuck Music aka "cmusic" here on the forum Some of you have probably seen this before as I have seen the link posted (and posted it myself) in many threads so I figured I'd just post the whole thing here for all to see and try.

Chuck wanted me to remind everyone that he wrote these tips for someone using a 3-way system with an active crossover between the sub and mids and a passive crossover on the mids and tweeters however the tips can be applied to a completely active 2, 3, or 4-way system. The great thing with these tips is ANYONE can do them without any "special" gear other than a test disc, music you like and most importantly your ears .

I have used these tips (along with a few other tips I've learned from the "gurus" ) with great success over the years. If you follow the sequence just as it is laid out you may be pleasantly surprised at how great it will sound after you just get the acoustic polarity, levels, crossovers and phase between driver pairs set.

Also wanted to mention that Chuck hangs around here sometimes so if you have any questions I'm sure he wouldn't mind answering. Thanks Chuck and here we go!
I'm glad I found this thread. I will be installing speakers soon and this has been great, thanks for posting this. I do have a question, would the procedure be the same for a three way passive system? I don't see how it would be different, but I wanted to check. Also, going back to the steps that were listed, I don't understand the point of going through 3-5 if you are basically doing the same thing in steps 7-9, could someone please 'splain that to me?
slowsedan01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2012   #39
DIYMA 500 Club

Hungry all the time

Rep Power: 138 fcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enough

#14 is doing a number on me, I have to try that step.
fcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2012   #40

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 75 pereze will become famous soon enoughpereze will become famous soon enoughpereze will become famous soon enoughpereze will become famous soon enoughpereze will become famous soon enoughpereze will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Marv View Post
13. In tuning you will find some eq bands will raise, lower, move the sound closer, or farther away if adjusted in certain manners. For example, lowering 5 KHz will generally move the soundstage farther away and raising 2 KHz will make the soundstage rise. Each vehicle and system will have different settings that will be the best. The best way to achieve awesome sound is to constantly adjust.
I know this is a fairly old thread but I have been looking for tuning information. I am new to this level of Car audio, so I wasn't sure if there were other key things to consider when tuning the EQ or to look/hear for? Maybe even a book?

Also, I saw a bunch of people ask about time alignment but didn't see an answer. Any ideas on when to implement time alignment in this process?

Thanks!
pereze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013   #41

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
dtm autowerks
Position:
owner

Rep Power: 99 dtm337 will become famous soon enoughdtm337 will become famous soon enoughdtm337 will become famous soon enoughdtm337 will become famous soon enoughdtm337 will become famous soon enoughdtm337 will become famous soon enough

i think setting up t/a would be the last you do in this tuning process , i think of it as more of a band aid then a tuning step ,

eclipse avn-tru- audio control-hat l1pro-hat l3 se-hat l6-mcintosh mc 440 mc420-rainbow-i-pauldm2000-re10x2
dtm337 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013   #42
DIYMA 500 Club

Hungry all the time

Rep Power: 138 fcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enough

Besides installation, time alignment can give you the most dramatic results. See my signature and the results people got from time alignment.
fcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2013   #43
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 76 Bnixon will become famous soon enoughBnixon will become famous soon enoughBnixon will become famous soon enoughBnixon will become famous soon enoughBnixon will become famous soon enoughBnixon will become famous soon enough

I'll have to try this once I get my Car back together
Bnixon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2013   #44

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 51 sqchris will become famous soon enoughsqchris will become famous soon enoughsqchris will become famous soon enoughsqchris will become famous soon enoughsqchris will become famous soon enoughsqchris will become famous soon enough

Love the internet, back in the day this is a well kept secret. Thanks!
sqchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2013   #45
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 130 optimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enough

this will come in very handy when tuning my 2 way active thank you very much!!!
optimaprime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2013   #46

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 106 killerb87 will become famous soon enoughkillerb87 will become famous soon enoughkillerb87 will become famous soon enoughkillerb87 will become famous soon enoughkillerb87 will become famous soon enoughkillerb87 will become famous soon enough

nice...
killerb87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2013   #47

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 54 Earzbleed will become famous soon enoughEarzbleed will become famous soon enoughEarzbleed will become famous soon enoughEarzbleed will become famous soon enoughEarzbleed will become famous soon enoughEarzbleed will become famous soon enough

Thanks for reviving this thread Optimaprime. I would have missed it otherwise and it's just what I was looking for.

In a world gone to hell Where nobody's safe
Do not go quietly Unto your grave
Mark Sandman 1952-1999
Earzbleed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2013   #48

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 76 dannyboy100 will become famous soon enoughdannyboy100 will become famous soon enoughdannyboy100 will become famous soon enoughdannyboy100 will become famous soon enoughdannyboy100 will become famous soon enoughdannyboy100 will become famous soon enough

Ok so I've been meaning to try this but I had one doubt and kept putting off. Maybe this is a stupid question but I'm willing to take the chance!

I currently have 4 inch comps with the supplied crossovers. No problem I can just reverse the phase at the crossover for the mids and the tweets.

I also have 8 inch midbasses under the seats and I use the electronic crossover in my DQX. The dqx doesnt have a phase inverter. So where can I change the polarity of the midbass? Does it matter if I change it at the amp because I don't want to remove my seats.

I know its a dumb question I'm guessing it wouldnt make a difference if its at the amp or at the woofer. I didnt know if the electronic crossover would mess me up somehow.

Thanks
dannyboy100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2013   #49
DIYMA 500 Club

NCSQ Founding Member

Rep Power: 133 Notloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy100 View Post
Ok so I've been meaning to try this but I had one doubt and kept putting off. Maybe this is a stupid question but I'm willing to take the chance!

I currently have 4 inch comps with the supplied crossovers. No problem I can just reverse the phase at the crossover for the mids and the tweets.

I also have 8 inch midbasses under the seats and I use the electronic crossover in my DQX. The dqx doesnt have a phase inverter. So where can I change the polarity of the midbass? Does it matter if I change it at the amp because I don't want to remove my seats.

I know its a dumb question I'm guessing it wouldnt make a difference if its at the amp or at the woofer. I didnt know if the electronic crossover would mess me up somehow.

Thanks
Switch at the amp if that's easiest to reach. It won't make any difference.

I like building stuff. I'm not very good at it but I enjoy it.
Notloudenuf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2013   #50

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 76 dannyboy100 will become famous soon enoughdannyboy100 will become famous soon enoughdannyboy100 will become famous soon enoughdannyboy100 will become famous soon enoughdannyboy100 will become famous soon enoughdannyboy100 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
Switch at the amp if that's easiest to reach. It won't make any difference.
Yeah thats what I thought. Can't wait to give this a shot this afternoon.

Thanks for the quick reply.
dannyboy100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement