Imprint tuning hints and tips - Page 5 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013   #101

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Bdubz will become famous soon enoughBdubz will become famous soon enoughBdubz will become famous soon enoughBdubz will become famous soon enoughBdubz will become famous soon enoughBdubz will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Imprint tuning hints and tips

Every time I run the software it tunes the mids and makes an audible frequency (Front Right & Front Left) and lows (Subs and makes an audible frequency) and tunes them.

When it reaches the Rear Right and Rear Left (Highs/Tweeters) it produces no audible frequencies, does not tune, and does not acknowledge they exist.

The tweeters play from the PXA just fine so it's not like there isn't a signal going through them to the tweeters.

The RCA's are going from the "rear" output on the PXA to the rear input on the amp.
The 3 way switch is on. I also pulled the Power and flicked the switch to 3 way before I plugged Power back in.

I've even switched the RCAs for mids and tweets at the amp for kicks and it started to work on the front left tweeter and then I got an error. I believe it was a wrong setup error.

What's the deal? What am I doing wrong and why won't the software just acknowledge the presence of the tweeters?
Bdubz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2013   #102

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 113 fiveoh will become famous soon enoughfiveoh will become famous soon enoughfiveoh will become famous soon enoughfiveoh will become famous soon enoughfiveoh will become famous soon enoughfiveoh will become famous soon enough

I just bought a 9887. I already have the imprint tuning software. It has been a long time since I messed with it. Some of the links at the beginning of the thread seem to be gone. Can anyone tell me what the preferred mic placements are? I know several suggested following Scott recommendations, but I can't seem to locate them. Even the links in the first post don't seem to have that information anymore.
I guess what I'm trying to ask is what are Scott's (from Audyssey) mic placement suggestions that a lot of people seem to like?

Last edited by fiveoh; 05-30-2013 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: clarification
fiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2013   #103
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 143 mfenske will become famous soon enoughmfenske will become famous soon enoughmfenske will become famous soon enoughmfenske will become famous soon enoughmfenske will become famous soon enoughmfenske will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdubz View Post
Every time I run the software it tunes the mids and makes an audible frequency (Front Right & Front Left) and lows (Subs and makes an audible frequency) and tunes them.

When it reaches the Rear Right and Rear Left (Highs/Tweeters) it produces no audible frequencies, does not tune, and does not acknowledge they exist.

The tweeters play from the PXA just fine so it's not like there isn't a signal going through them to the tweeters.

The RCA's are going from the "rear" output on the PXA to the rear input on the amp.
The 3 way switch is on. I also pulled the Power and flicked the switch to 3 way before I plugged Power back in.

I've even switched the RCAs for mids and tweets at the amp for kicks and it started to work on the front left tweeter and then I got an error. I believe it was a wrong setup error.

What's the deal? What am I doing wrong and why won't the software just acknowledge the presence of the tweeters?
I'm bumping this because I'm having a nearly identical issue. Stupid software isn't recognizing any of the speakers.

2015 Taffeta White Honda Pilot SE 4WD- OEM Source, 256GB SDXC iPod 5th Gen, Soundstream Harmony, Boston Acoustics RC61 Midrange, LPG-26NA Tweeters, PPI 900.4 4 channel amp, JL Audio 13w6v2
mfenske is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013   #104

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 jackdeb will become famous soon enoughjackdeb will become famous soon enoughjackdeb will become famous soon enoughjackdeb will become famous soon enoughjackdeb will become famous soon enoughjackdeb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86mr2 View Post
I thought it would be a good idea to collect all the tips people have in one thread. There is a lot of information on DIYMA, but it is getting kind of buried, and people may not have seen it.

This thread is for hints and tips, not for Alpine/Imprint haters - start another thread for that if you must.

Essential Reading

Important Tutorial Post from an Alpine Trainer

Source thread for the above with more info

Tips from someone at Audessy at the bottom of the post

Dang's review of the H650 and Imprint, his comments are important, coming from a good tuner

9887 Imprint review thread, very long, much nonsense, but important information is imbedded in it

hi have a Alpine INA W910R and a Imprint H660 ,and tips on connections ,sub woofer ??? how
jackdeb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2013   #105

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 mister_eff will become famous soon enoughmister_eff will become famous soon enoughmister_eff will become famous soon enoughmister_eff will become famous soon enoughmister_eff will become famous soon enoughmister_eff will become famous soon enough

I have a quick question about Imprint... (I have PXA-H800)

What is the end result for Imprint? Is it "simply" time delay for every Speaker and the 1/3 octave band EQ for every speaker? I'm asking if it is possible to get the exact same output from manually setting up the PXA-H800 with what Imprint does. I'm not talking about manually deriving every setting, but rather if Imprint does other DSP-ing things that the user does not have access to. ie, corrections in the time-domain.

I had some bad luck getting Imprint to work, so I just painstakingly set delays and EQ'ed (graphic) it myself because I'm able to measure 1/3 octave bands very easily. Then I was reading about Audyssey for home audio and it seems like Audysey actively corrects in the time domain (ie, more than just figuring out time delay/speaker distance)

So now I'm wondering if I'm missing out by not using Imprint if it can do time domain corrections that are impossible for me to measure and set myself.

Thanks.

Last edited by mister_eff; 10-11-2013 at 02:29 PM..
mister_eff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2015   #106
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 82 Old Skewl will become famous soon enoughOld Skewl will become famous soon enoughOld Skewl will become famous soon enoughOld Skewl will become famous soon enoughOld Skewl will become famous soon enoughOld Skewl will become famous soon enough

Sorry to bump this old thread. I have been running my PXA-H100 with Imprint tunes for about 18 months with my front speakers on Passives, no rear speakers and subs. I was mostly happy with the sound, but felt if I went 3-way active I could improve it. 2 weeks ago I made the move to 3-way and have been fighting with the software and Error-2. I finally got the software to run on a different laptop, but there are no sounds when doing the measurements to rear speakers(tweeters). Fronts and subs function properly during the measurements. When I play music the tweeters function properly. The same problem the guy in the post below had. Just wondered if anyone else experienced this and had a solution. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdubz View Post

'05 BMW M3 - Intravee, Alpine KCA-420i, Rocketfish BT via optic, PXA-H700, PG SD1300.5, BA Pro 6.4, ID8's
Old Skewl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2015   #107

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Siavash will become famous soon enoughSiavash will become famous soon enoughSiavash will become famous soon enoughSiavash will become famous soon enoughSiavash will become famous soon enoughSiavash will become famous soon enough

Hey Guys

I'm new to this forum and i just bought an imprint H100 and I was hopping i could get some help from you guys setting it up.

I have an Alpine X305S with imprint h100 in my 2006 Peugeot 206 xsi .i did the install myself and my set up is as i have mentioned below:

- Alpine X305s
- Alpine H100
- JBL Components in front doors 16 cm 40 watts
- JBL Components in Rear doors 13 cm 35 watts
- Focal audio BUS 20 Active sub-woofer 50 watts

the JBL components are directly connected to the head unit . The RCA outputs from the imprint for front and rear are connected to RCA connections of the head unit and the head unit amplifier is being used . The Sub-Woofer is connected directly to the imprint unit .

So i did a calibration with the microphone , everything is OK but the bass is not loud enough.
when i was doing the calibration i did turn down the sub woofer gain to 1/4 . and turned it up again. also on the head unit the sub woofer output was set on 15 .

i did read the threads and i could not find the perfect answer that works with the bass.

what do you suggest i should do to bring the bass level and volume up after the calibration .
Siavash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement