Need Help? Let Me Know - Page 3 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2010   #51

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 gladiator_jai will become famous soon enoughgladiator_jai will become famous soon enoughgladiator_jai will become famous soon enoughgladiator_jai will become famous soon enoughgladiator_jai will become famous soon enoughgladiator_jai will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Need Help? Let Me Know

Is this a forum bug or was it intentional?
gladiator_jai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2010   #52
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
Dynamic Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner/Installer

Rep Power: 106 bigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enoughbigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enoughbigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enoughbigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enoughbigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enoughbigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanatic Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanatic

I think they are still restoring the forum from the mod that is abusing his authority.

If you could gladiator post the emails here so other people know what I said. If you do not mind.
bigaudiofanatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2010   #53

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 gladiator_jai will become famous soon enoughgladiator_jai will become famous soon enoughgladiator_jai will become famous soon enoughgladiator_jai will become famous soon enoughgladiator_jai will become famous soon enoughgladiator_jai will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanatic View Post
I think they are still restoring the forum from the mod that is abusing his authority.

If you could gladiator post the emails here so other people know what I said. If you do not mind.
Sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiator_jai View Post
Original Question - How to get 4 channels out of the harness going into the DSP Amplifier in an E39(97-03 BMW 5 Series), specifically 540i.
What followed

Quote:
Ok here is where I myself got confused about. The DSP amp is all digital signals. The digital signal comes into the black amp in the trunk and goes out to multiple channels for the speakers.

Here is what you need to do. Take the black amp out. After that disconnect of reconnect the neg battery terminal and recommend. This will reset the factory system to think it is a base system. At this point the harness the DSP was hooked up to is now sending out 4 channels of low pass output.

You are going to basically cut the ends of your new rca cables off and solder them to certain wires in that harness than just plug them into your amps. You might need a Y splitter of use the line output of your new amp "like I did to the sub amp"

These links may help more. If you need more help please ask. Now some wires on that harness you need to actually add wires to some of the blank spots.

Re: 2001 BMW 740 audio upgrade help (Re: 2001 BMW 740 audio upgrade help)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiator_jai View Post
Thanks man!!
I'll go take some pics tomorrow and post before I do any cutting/splicing.

1. Will the Metra harness fit into the harness going into the DSP amp thereby preventing cutting of stock wires?? Link - Metra 71-9003 (met-719003) - Wiring Harnesses - Sonic Electronix (Metra 71-9003 (met-719003) - Wiring Harnesses - Sonic Electronix)

2. What do you think about RCA -> AudioControl Line Driver(in place of LOC) -> Amp?

3. Man am I missing something coz that forum you posted a link to is a PITA to navigate, I couldn't find search either. Hats off extracting info from there. Informative but I have a migraine now
Quote:
Dude trust me I hat that forum as much as you do for nav around. But the helped me out there. That harness adapter may but for me I had to get that pull 2 Wire "any of them" out of the harness stick them in the stock harness in the blanks that needed wires than Wire up the rcas to them. Unless yours is different I do not think that is going to help you just plug and play. I do not see why you would need a audiocontrol in this place you will already have LOC when you do this and they are high quality. Unless you are looking for more control than I suppose you could use that.
Old 07-02-2010   #54
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
Dynamic Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner/Installer

Rep Power: 106 bigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enoughbigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enoughbigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enoughbigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enoughbigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enoughbigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanatic Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanatic

Much obliged!

I hope that helps you.
Old 07-06-2010   #55

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Much obliged!

I hope that helps you.
Certainly did
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...p-install.html

Thank you.
Old 07-06-2010   #56
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
Dynamic Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner/Installer

I am glad I could help. Enjoy!
Old 07-18-2010   #57
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
Dynamic Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner/Installer

Looking to do more installs. Bump
Old 07-28-2010   #58
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
Dynamic Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner/Installer

Just thought I would lay them out.

Taking things apart

Stock junk

I can finally say I took apart a nismo LOL

New speakers installed.

Old 07-28-2010   #59
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
Dynamic Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner/Installer

Alpines external booster amp

Head unit

Old 07-28-2010   #60
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
Dynamic Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner/Installer

More pictures

Ran new Speaker wire

Power ran

Old 07-28-2010   #61
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 116 eviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rough

hey buddy

Trip distance: 108.27 mi Time: 2 hrs 11 mins

f

how are ya with glassing? i have planing on doing some A pillar pods for a 3 way set, with some 4" mid drivers up in the pods, maybe the weets as well. really didnt wanna tackle the task alone and I am even willing to come down to you if you have more room to work, i dont really have an ideal place to work on such a project. let me know what you up to, im laid off right now, so, we can even make a day out of it, i should be getting everyhting with in the next few weeks, so like maybe 2 weeks from now i'll have everything. or just about.
eviling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2010   #62
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
Dynamic Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner/Installer

Pm sent
Old 08-05-2010   #63
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
Dynamic Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner/Installer

Going to TN in two days. Going to be there for 10 days. If anyone is looking for a install I will have my tools with me. Please contact me if you are interested. I will be neer Dolly world. Contact me here or on email at reimermatt@gmail.com
Old 08-11-2010   #64
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
Dynamic Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner/Installer

Bump
Old 08-24-2010   #65

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 84 emak212 is on a distinguished roademak212 is on a distinguished roademak212 is on a distinguished roademak212 is on a distinguished roademak212 is on a distinguished road

Wow, much respect! Nice work on the installs, too. I might have to drive up there when I get a new head unit so I don't destroy my civic's interior myself!
emak212 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2010   #66
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
Dynamic Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner/Installer

I would be happy to work on your car.
Old 12-11-2010   #67
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
Dynamic Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner/Installer

Bump
Old 08-09-2011   #68
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
Dynamic Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner/Installer

Did a Mazda 6 today, was great the metra was so fast it was setup in about 10 seconds with auto program amazing speed. Owner was very happy with everything dont and sound as well.

Stock

Ran new Speaker wires

Stock vs aftermarket, aftermarket wins every time

New speakers installed used dynamat to help seal them.

Back to looking normal
Old 08-09-2011   #69
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
Dynamic Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner/Installer

Rear speakers

Two wires for metra steering wheel controls

New unit installed test fit

New amps

[
Old 08-09-2011   #70
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
Dynamic Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner/Installer

Lets Wire it up

Wiring for rear camera.

Tape to protect the interior from scratches.

New speakers soldered

New wires ran

Crossovers mounted

Mounting area for kenwood camera.

Old 08-09-2011   #71
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
Dynamic Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner/Installer

Small gap for camera wire.

Extra Wire from camera all cleaned up.

Pink wire, blue Wire "on other layer" and black wire for metra controls.

NO GAP with dash kit.
Old 08-09-2011   #72
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
Dynamic Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner/Installer

Today did a sub install on a 2010 Jeep Patriot. Went smooth and took about a half a day.

Fi Sub

Power Wire ran

Used some zip ties after this.

Fuse block mounted and wires covered and ran.

Sub box in place
Old 08-09-2011   #73
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
Dynamic Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner/Installer

the ride

The goodies

Stock head unit

Wiring harness soldered and heat shrunk

Door panels removed.

Old and new tweeter location

Old 08-09-2011   #74
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
Dynamic Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner/Installer

New Speaker wires ran

Spacers made

And painted

Old rear speakers

Rear apart

New Speaker wires ran

Soldered directly to speakers
Old 08-09-2011   #75
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
Dynamic Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner/Installer

Much better stock grills will go back on.

Power Wire ran

Owner wanted Power Wire to be as stealth as possible.

Brackets installed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement