kickpanel speaker locations : pros, cons - Page 10 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2012   #226
DIYMA 500 Club

That's what she said.

Rep Power: 116 adrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: kickpanel speaker locations : pros, cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajun kreations View Post
I will leave my post at that, If you guys are interested in what I have to say just ask for more.

If you don't mind, post on. I enjoy reading peeps views on things.

Humph umph tsk tsk hump umph tsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkZ View Post
It's not Tchaikovsky. But it's still music that people like and that people want to listen to. Therefore, the goal is to meet that demand. When you let your audio system dictate the music you listen to, you've lost.
adrenalinejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2012   #227
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 174 MiniVanMan has a spectacular aura aboutMiniVanMan has a spectacular aura aboutMiniVanMan has a spectacular aura aboutMiniVanMan has a spectacular aura aboutMiniVanMan has a spectacular aura aboutMiniVanMan has a spectacular aura aboutMiniVanMan has a spectacular aura aboutMiniVanMan has a spectacular aura aboutMiniVanMan has a spectacular aura aboutMiniVanMan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I m sure you know that high freq. travels at a faster speed than lower freq. The higher freq always gets to you first, by putting the tweeter further away that the mid you create a mechanical time delay, the info from the tweeter now has to travel further that the mid so they arrive more equally.

The ability to buy expensive equipment does NOT make you an audiophile.
MiniVanMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2012   #228

Bikinpunk

Rep Power: 25982 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Quote:
Hey Kelvin, What I mean is that the tweeters must in front of the mid, closer to the front of the car. I m sure you know that high freq. travels at a faster speed than lower freq. The higher freq always gets to you first, by putting the tweeter further away that the mid you create a mechanical time delay, the info from the tweeter now has to travel further that the mid so they arrive more equally.
or, there's always the argument...
sound originates at the voice coil and therefore the tweeter should be behind the mid so both of their voice coils line up. that one's fun.

nevertheless, I disagree with your statement. the speed of sound is constant. regardless of frequency. not unless you're talking about sound traveling through different mediums (and we're not here).

the "high" portion in "high frequency" is only in reference to how many times the signal oscillates in a given time period. f=1/t
the more times the signal repeats in a given segment of time (seconds), the shorter its wavelength and the higher its frequency.

wiki does a better job than me:
Frequency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think I understand what you're trying to say, but still, I'd disagree with that. relative phase really dictates positioning here and when speaking about time domain, especially with long wavelengths, it's not as easy as lining up a passband because the difference in wavelength of a subwoofer can be anywhere from 13 feet to 36 feet long. try adding delay or spot moving a subwoofer to match up 80hz and see what happens at 30hz.
*not that this is really crucial, but it is a reality

-- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
http://medleysmusings.com/

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html

My 2006 Honda Civic LX Sedan Build Log
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012   #229

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 106 ultimatemj will become famous soon enoughultimatemj will become famous soon enoughultimatemj will become famous soon enoughultimatemj will become famous soon enoughultimatemj will become famous soon enoughultimatemj will become famous soon enough

Folks reading this thread may enjoy this other thread I found recently...

Comb Filtering, Acoustical Interference, & Power Response in Loudspeakers

Be sure to click through the pages
Page 1: Comb filtering
Page 2: Audibility of Acoustical Interference & Loudspeaker Design Implications
Page 3: Loudspeaker Power Response & conclusions

2004 BMW M3 - Business HU <Front stage> Zapco DC650.6 -> HAT L1proR2/Clarus C6 <Sub> Zapco DC1000.4 -> Image Dynamics ID8d2s
[build log]
ultimatemj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2012   #230

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 99 nervewrecker will become famous soon enoughnervewrecker will become famous soon enoughnervewrecker will become famous soon enoughnervewrecker will become famous soon enoughnervewrecker will become famous soon enoughnervewrecker will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by derickveliz View Post
You are welcome!

But now if you want to have a wider stage you got to push in your speakers into the frame! The further apart from each other the wider your sound-stage!

sorry for being late but I was finishing up the rest of my install and getting ready for school to start back.

They cant be moved back any further due to space constraints. When I am rebuilding (hopefully at the end of this year once I get enough info to venture into the 3 way realm) I will definatly send the mid as far in as possible.

So far so good, there is some compromise with width (as opposed to on the door) and bandwidth (I shifted my subwoofer lpf to try and compensate). I can live with it for the next few months.
nervewrecker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2014   #231
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 51 Jscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enough

So i read the first 7 pages of this and i'm a little exhausted in all the info.

So quick question. Would using a 3 way component system work(sound good) if i had midbass in the door(insulated and all that jazz). A-pillar tweets and midrange crossfiring across the cabin

So id have the kickdrum and midbass at the door and id have the path lengths maximized.

Also using a deh80-prs headunit so id have a decent amount of eq'ing and TA available.

This would be for a two passenger optimal set up.
Jscoyne2 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2014   #232
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 111 derickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscoyne2 View Post
So i read the first 7 pages of this and i'm a little exhausted in all the info.

So quick question. Would using a 3 way component system work(sound good) if i had midbass in the door(insulated and all that jazz). A-pillar tweets and midrange crossfiring across the cabin

So id have the kickdrum and midbass at the door and id have the path lengths maximized.

Also using a deh80-prs headunit so id have a decent amount of eq'ing and TA available.

This would be for a two passenger optimal set up.

Yes you can achieve good sound, also depends on your car and it's proportions, cross over and slopes, your body size and how far you sit in the car, having the Mids on the a-pillars usually works with a small depth and width penalty.

D.

My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
Mercedes Benz CLA 250, Pioneer P-99, IDQ12d4v3 Subwoofer, ... ID min Horns, 6.5" Midbass!
derickveliz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement