Audible Physics Team & Product Information - Page 35 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2016   #851

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 34 lowcel will become famous soon enoughlowcel will become famous soon enoughlowcel will become famous soon enoughlowcel will become famous soon enoughlowcel will become famous soon enoughlowcel will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Audible Physics Team & Product Information

Just in case anyone is on the fence about giving AP's a try I hope these pics will make your decision a little easier.

To say that I am happy with my AP's would be a huge understatement.

MECA
SQ Street - 1st
Install Street - 3rd
RTA - 1st

IASCA Championship
Novice SQ - 1st
Novice Install - 1st

IASCA TKE 3x event
Novice SQ - 1st
Novice Install - 1st

lowcel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2016   #852
DIYMA 500 Club

Scott

Rep Power: 179 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

Fact! All the AP cars I had the privilege to hear were stellar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2008 Civic Si Sedan - Sony RSX-GS9, Helix DSP Pro-2 & Director, JL Audio XD1000/5v2 (2), Audiofrog GB10 & GB25, Stereo Integrity TM65, Acoustic Elegance SBP12 (2)
Build Log
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2016   #853

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 34 lowcel will become famous soon enoughlowcel will become famous soon enoughlowcel will become famous soon enoughlowcel will become famous soon enoughlowcel will become famous soon enoughlowcel will become famous soon enough

Photo by Nick A.

Old 10-26-2016   #854
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 251 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
Fact! All the AP cars I had the privilege to hear were stellar.

And to think I got mine MUCH better from the last time you heard it, and it sounded pretty damn good then. Just hope I can get the new Grand Cherokee sounding as good as my Ram does now. Truck has been good to me and really easy to do a system in. Time to move on though.

'14 Grand Cherokee Limited, OEM U-Connect 8.4a, JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, Arc xdi1200.6v2, Soundstream tn1.1200d, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, ID15v3, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Seas Neo Aluminum...Rearfill done properly is a helluva drug!
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2017   #855

DIYMA Novice

It's been a while since this thread has been updated.

There are a few new drivers that finally made it here to the States.

First is the AP 6.25PP. This is new and improved version of the old AR166 Ebony drivers. They have a natural tone, plays well many other speakers, and efficient. Many people have been happy pairing this with low fs tweeters or wideband speakers.

[IMG]AP 6.25 PP by tam.rmc, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]AP 625 PP White by tam.rmc, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]AP 625 PP White Back by tam.rmc, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]AP 625P Midbass by tam.rmc, on Flickr[/IMG]
Old 02-01-2017   #856

DIYMA Novice

The other new drivers are the Brahma 2.6 component set. They are in limited supply. The set consist of the Ti2 wideband and Brahma 6W woofers.

[IMG]Brahma 2.6 by tam.rmc, on Flickr[/IMG]

The Ti2 has a titanium cone and is very detailed and smooth.

[IMG]Ti2 by tam.rmc, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Ti2 White by tam.rmc, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Ti2 White Back by tam.rmc, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Ti 2 by tam.rmc, on Flickr[/IMG]

The Brahma 6 W is a magnesium / alloy cone mixture. They are very good in the mid bass region.

[IMG]Brahma 6w by tam.rmc, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Brahma 6 W White by tam.rmc, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Brahma 6W White copy by tam.rmc, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Brahma 6 Spec Sheet by tam.rmc, on Flickr[/IMG]
Old 02-15-2017   #857

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 aldittodi will become famous soon enoughaldittodi will become famous soon enoughaldittodi will become famous soon enoughaldittodi will become famous soon enoughaldittodi will become famous soon enoughaldittodi will become famous soon enough

Hi, i'm one of AP user from Indonesia. I have heard some of AP's products and it's amazing and I was very very impressed, especially the Brahma and the RAM series. Now i'm using AP Vektor for the midbass but it was paired with a tweeter and passive from my old Alpine SPG17cs. I was planning to change my tweeter to a fullrange driver and play the active system. I still confused with these options :

AP Ram 2
AP Nz3a
Reverb Acoustic F2be

Here's my setup now :

Head Unit : Kenwood DDX4031
Midbass : Audible Physics Vektor
Tweeter : Alpine SPG17cs with it's passive
4ch : Rockford Fosgate 301x
aldittodi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2017   #858

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 145 lostthumb will become famous soon enoughlostthumb will become famous soon enoughlostthumb will become famous soon enoughlostthumb will become famous soon enoughlostthumb will become famous soon enoughlostthumb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldittodi View Post
Hi, i'm one of AP user from Indonesia. I have heard some of AP's products and it's amazing and I was very very impressed, especially the Brahma and the RAM series. Now i'm using AP Vektor for the midbass but it was paired with a tweeter and passive from my old Alpine SPG17cs. I was planning to change my tweeter to a fullrange driver and play the active system. I still confused with these options :

AP Ram 2
AP Nz3a
Reverb Acoustic F2be

Here's my setup now :

Head Unit : Kenwood DDX4031
Midbass : Audible Physics Vektor
Tweeter : Alpine SPG17cs with it's passive
4ch : Rockford Fosgate 301x
They are all good options.
Do you have a DSP / Processor available?
Can you fit a 2" driver or 3.5"

For 2" (outer diamter 2.9")
AP has the RAM 2 A (alloy cone)

For 3.5" (outer diamter 3.6")
AP has the RAM 3 A (alloy cone) and NZ3 AlBe (alloy/beryllium cone)

Reverb is not AP. Just made by AP for Reverb.
lostthumb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2017   #859
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 312 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

So long as this thread is being brought back up... Anyone care to comment on the differences between the Ram 1A sold by SLA Acoustics (in the US) and the 120-AL designed for and sold by MCM Electronics?

I see the Ram 1 A is 4 Ohm rather than 8 and has a slightly lower Fs. Anything other substantial differences? Does anyone have FR or distortion graphs (including off axis) for the Ram 1A? (Rishi? )

RAM 1 A 18mm Tweeter | Audible Physics

Audible Physics 3/4" Aluminum Tweeter | 120-AL (120AL) | Audible Physics

Pioneer DEH-80PRS | Mosconi 6to8 V8 | Arc KS900.6 | Arc KS600.2 | Illusion TL 25 BN | Illusion C5 | Arc Black 12
2015 MECA SQL Street California State Champion
Sonic Electronix Discount Code: hutsell

Last edited by rton20s; 02-15-2017 at 02:07 PM..
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2017   #860

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 aldittodi will become famous soon enoughaldittodi will become famous soon enoughaldittodi will become famous soon enoughaldittodi will become famous soon enoughaldittodi will become famous soon enoughaldittodi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostthumb View Post
They are all good options.
Do you have a DSP / Processor available?
Can you fit a 2" driver or 3.5"

For 2" (outer diamter 2.9")
AP has the RAM 2 A (alloy cone)

For 3.5" (outer diamter 3.6")
AP has the RAM 3 A (alloy cone) and NZ3 AlBe (alloy/beryllium cone)

Reverb is not AP. Just made by AP for Reverb.
I don't have DSP/Processor, but I will change my HU into Pioneer AVH X5850BT after installed the fullrange whic is have built in processor.

How about the sound characteristic?
Old 02-16-2017   #861

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 145 lostthumb will become famous soon enoughlostthumb will become famous soon enoughlostthumb will become famous soon enoughlostthumb will become famous soon enoughlostthumb will become famous soon enoughlostthumb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I don't have DSP/Processor, but I will change my HU into Pioneer AVH X5850BT after installed the fullrange whic is have built in processor.

How about the sound characteristic?
I have not heard the Reverb but I know a few people who changed to the RAMs and were happy with the switch.

The RAM 2 A and RAM 3 A both have a lively presentation. It's dynamic and smooth.

The NZ3 ALBe, I have only heard once in a car. Very beautiful sounding. Very smooth and very detailed.
lostthumb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2017   #862

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostthumb View Post
I have not heard the Reverb but I know a few people who changed to the RAMs and were happy with the switch.

The RAM 2 A and RAM 3 A both have a lively presentation. It's dynamic and smooth.

The NZ3 ALBe, I have only heard once in a car. Very beautiful sounding. Very smooth and very detailed.
unding. Very smooth and very detailed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the answer! Maybe I'll go for NZ3ALBe
Old 02-17-2017   #863
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 159 bertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
unding. Very smooth and very detailed.

Thanks for the answer! Maybe I'll go for NZ3ALBe[/QUOTE]

I have listened to the NZ3AlBe's in a car several times with Sinfoni Class A amps, and I have listened to my pair in enclosures on my home system - and I completely agree - wonderful resolution, very good range from lower midrange to upper highs!

bertholomey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2017   #864

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertholomey View Post
Thanks for the answer! Maybe I'll go for NZ3ALBe

I have listened to the NZ3AlBe's in a car several times with Sinfoni Class A amps, and I have listened to my pair in enclosures on my home system - and I completely agree - wonderful resolution, very good range from lower midrange to upper highs![/QUOTE]

By the way, I wanna asking a question again.
Is it true the different material of each driver component can make the sound not match?
Exampel if the midbass made from PP, so the tweeter should be made from PP too.

In this case my AP Vektor made from PP with alumunium conus, and the NZ3ALBe made from Alumunium and Berrylium.

EDIT :
By the way, how's the look of AP RAM 3P? I never seen it before and I can't find any specs or images in Google of AP RAM 3P

Last edited by aldittodi; 02-17-2017 at 10:08 AM..
Old 02-17-2017   #865
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Been here long time

Rep Power: 917 fourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone PM me realistic pricing on some drivers? I have a Colorado and it has some 3.5"-max openings in the dash. They aren't 100% on-axis so I was going to augment with some SPX tweeters in the pillars, so I really need more of a midrange instead of a full-range.

Special thanks to all of the industry experts that share their knowledge here on the forum
2015 Durango R/T, Build MS-8, Massive NX4 pair, Massive N3, ID X6x9, Wavecor center, Alpine SPX Pro tweeters, Sundown SD3 10's
2017 Colorado, Helix V Eight, Arc 500.1, ID8's, Audible Physics AR3 & AR20
fourthmeal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2017   #866
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 312 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthmeal View Post
Can someone PM me realistic pricing on some drivers? I have a Colorado and it has some 3.5"-max openings in the dash. They aren't 100% on-axis so I was going to augment with some SPX tweeters in the pillars, so I really need more of a midrange instead of a full-range.
If you haven't heard from him, PM lostthumb (Tam). You can also see the pricing for the AP Car Audio drivers on his website https://www.slaacoustics.com/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS | Mosconi 6to8 V8 | Arc KS900.6 | Arc KS600.2 | Illusion TL 25 BN | Illusion C5 | Arc Black 12
Old 02-17-2017   #867
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 917 fourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond repute

Much appreciated, Papasin helped me out and it looks like I'm part of the family. Been looking at the woofers as well, perhaps an upgrade in the future too.

edit: researching this mega thread here for crossover points and such. These drivers are more than I had in mind for my little new truck so now I'm thinking of new possibilities.

Rishi if you make a 6x9 woofer, I think you'd have a hot ticket for those that can't reconstruct their doors for an 8" driver. Only the ID (rare now), and the upcoming Audiofrog 6x9 currently could be considered "high-end".

Just thinking out loud...

Special thanks to all of the industry experts that share their knowledge here on the forum
2015 Durango R/T, Build MS-8, Massive NX4 pair, Massive N3, ID X6x9, Wavecor center, Alpine SPX Pro tweeters, Sundown SD3 10's

Last edited by fourthmeal; 02-17-2017 at 03:13 PM..
Old 02-17-2017   #868
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Quote:
Much appreciated, Papasin helped me out and it looks like I'm part of the family. Been looking at the woofers as well, perhaps an upgrade in the future too.

edit: researching this mega thread here for crossover points and such. These drivers are more than I had in mind for my little new truck so now I'm thinking of new possibilities.

Rishi if you make a 6x9 woofer, I think you'd have a hot ticket for those that can't reconstruct their doors for an 8" driver. Only the ID (rare now), and the upcoming Audiofrog 6x9 currently could be considered "high-end".

Quality 6x9 options is certainly someplace where the industry is lacking. Then again, even with more car manufacturers using 6x9s up front, it still seems to be quite a limited market. On Core has their new C69 coming as well, but the listed MSRP is pretty steep.

Old 02-17-2017   #869
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 41 brumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enough

Hybrid also makes the Unity 6x9 and I would say it is high-end.

It's astounding to me how many people believe 6x9's are no good because they are oval.

2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab
OEM Headunit-->Helix DSP Pro
Audison 5.1k--->Xtant Tweets, AF GB25, (4) ID8's
PG Ti2 1000.4-->GZNK 165SQ
(Proper Acoustic Rear Fill)
brumledb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2017   #870
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by brumledb View Post
Hybrid also makes the Unity 6x9 and I would say it is high-end.

It's astounding to me how many people believe 6x9's are no good because they are oval.

You are 100% correct, I left out Hybrid and I need to stop doing that.

Yes, 6x9's (properly implemented) are awesome. KEF proved to me how wrong I was about ovals, about a decade ago, on this topic.

As far as market, its growing big-time. Nearly every Chevy (including my new Colorado), every new Toyota, Dodge/Jeep, Nissan, etc...they all use 6x9's.

Old 02-17-2017   #871

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 131 jamesjones will become famous soon enoughjamesjones will become famous soon enoughjamesjones will become famous soon enoughjamesjones will become famous soon enoughjamesjones will become famous soon enoughjamesjones will become famous soon enough

After hearing the ID 6x9s in my Dodge I'm a 6x9 lifer.

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab - CD7200mkii > PG Ti2 1000.4 (SI TM25/ID X69) PG Ti2 2000.1 (Sundown SD-3 12 x2) 1963 Volkswagen Double Cab - CD8445 > JBL MS-A1004 (NVX XSPTW/SI TM65) JBL MS-A5001 x2 (Sundown SD1v2 10 x2)
jamesjones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2017   #872

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
Platinum Mobile Audio
Position:
Quality Control

Rep Power: 147 dallasneon will become famous soon enoughdallasneon will become famous soon enoughdallasneon will become famous soon enoughdallasneon will become famous soon enoughdallasneon will become famous soon enoughdallasneon will become famous soon enough

CDT makes a bunch of different 6x9 drivers also....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
dallasneon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2017   #873
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 14 dcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enough

Anyone use the Infinity Kappa Perfect 690?
dcfis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017   #874

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Audible Physics
Position:
Designer

Rep Power: 63 Rishi S will become famous soon enoughRishi S will become famous soon enoughRishi S will become famous soon enoughRishi S will become famous soon enoughRishi S will become famous soon enoughRishi S will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I will take your request into consideration. So sorry haven't logged in for a while.
Rishi S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017   #875
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 14 dcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enough

Been looking at the RAM 2A and wondering if I can use this as a wideband in the sail panel mated to a midbass with good results going tweeterless?
dcfis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement