Warning: db-R customer service - Page 12 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013   #276
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Psychopath

Rep Power: 916 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

When it comes to a certain professions, technicians, particularly RF and audio, should NOT be allowed to play with the public.

Trust me, I'm one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
Mark's an up late kinda dude. His neighbor has a horse.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013   #277
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 Oliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by db-r View Post
For the Record I was mocking the elites behind the scene's, just a regular guy that works with my hands.
Just so you know, you can learn to eat with your feet, TOO
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2013   #278

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 113 db-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad View Post

When it comes to a certain professions, technicians, particularly RF and audio, should NOT be allowed to play with the public.

YES YES YES ^^^^ THIS.

Could not have put it better myself. People start finding out stuff they don't want to know that blows their minds and they go into a Fetal position.

Thank you.

Benny-- Someone deleted it here.

Bret-- Im sorry dude, some people actually like me, go figure....
db-r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013   #279

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 113 db-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enough

Quote:

BTW: Chad. You make a good point about being an RF (Radio Frequency) tech also. The best of the best, the only ones who REALLY KNOW what's REALLY going on is the RF techs. Im a Ham! 73's
Old 04-22-2013   #280
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 Oliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enough

Thumbs up Re: Warning: db-R customer service

Quote:
Yeah, Chad is all that he needs to be

He's got an EE Degree, then everything else to boot !( roadie with bands, job in a college, mad skills at repairing things, et cetera )
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2013   #281

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Yeah, Chad is all that he needs to be

He's got an EE Degree, then everything else to boot !( roadie with bands, job in a college, mad skills at repairing things, et cetera )
If we had more RF techs involved in car audio junk the world would be a better place. Noone would lie about shit, they'd be called out on it. Chad knows what I mean. Im not a full blown RF tech, just a half-assed one, build some of my own Ham gear, but being a Ham and having a solid understanding of RF, makes me a much better tech than some who don't have the same experience/fundamental understanding.
Old 04-23-2013   #282
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Psychopath

Rep Power: 916 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

auto dupe.

Quote:
Old 04-23-2013   #283
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Psychopath

When I was not on the road I was a BE at a local radio plant owned by Saga Comminucations... Also a ham What a learning experience. And it made me weirder, I think it's the RF, makes good birth control too..

RF is a WHOLE new world.... Explaining to someone who is "not into it" how a well earthed conductor can be an "open circuit" at a certain frequency baffles some, but it's a good litmus test to find out of they will be capable of absorbing the theories. (FWIW others, an end-grounded radiator makes a bitchin' omni antenna.)

But the COOL thing about it is when it comes to arrays, steering, and ERP. It follows the same basic principles of acoustics.

Quote:
Old 04-23-2013   #284

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
And it made me weirder, I think it's the RF, makes good birth control too..
Yep, people whisper to others, "that guy is so weird, it's like he's talking in some alien language, where are the normal guys......" If you do find a woman that likes RF whether they understand it or not, the only question is WHERE did you find that one? My wife just rolls her eyes at my Radio Equipment.

Quote:
RF is a WHOLE new world.... Explaining to someone who is "not into it" how a well earthed conductor can be an "open circuit" at a certain frequency baffles some, but it's a good litmus test to find out of they will be capable of absorbing the theories. (FWIW others, an end-grounded radiator makes a bitchin' omni antenna.)
Yes, talking to someone who only understands electricity on a DC, perhaps AC, and on an AF(Audio Frequency) level they say things like "Won't that ground out your antenna, that cannot be right"..... OR something that appears to them to be an OPEN CIRCUIT, like making them understand that AC will travel across a capacitor such as a Gamma Match, even though it's not physically electrically connected at DC or AF, is a battle. Once they get past that they can begin to learn and understand. RF Splitters and Combiners and Transformers baffle their minds. It's funny. I am a General Class, could upgrade to Extra but no time. I have a LOT of friends who are Tech class and it's always fun, but a struggle teaching them.

Quote:
But the COOL thing about it is when it comes to arrays, steering, and ERP. It follows the same basic principles of acoustics.
It is fairly similar because the principals behind AF and RF are similar, but most don't have a solid grasp of AF to begin with, only a kid's story book level when they THINK they know a lot..... I think making them understand something like an array is quite easy because it physically combines and points/concentrates/resonates, but making them understand the BASICS like WHY does a Gamma match (or other capacitive type match systems) work is definitely the hard part. Lack of Fundamentals.

It's never nice to tell someone who thinks they are smart that they are Fundamentally Dumb or "Lacking", it's best to feed their mind and then let them realize it within themselves because after the initial shock of realizing they are indeed Fundamentally "Dumb" they will move forward and be quite proud of themselves within. It's key in teaching.

^^^^ That last last sentence/paragraph is WHY we should not be allowed to play with the PUBLIC unless we agree to go easy on them.

Last edited by db-r; 04-23-2013 at 08:14 AM..
Old 04-23-2013   #285

DIYMA freshman

When the trunk of your work car looks like this.........

1 x KW AF
1 x KW RF
Attached Images
File Type: jpg caprice-trunk.jpg (53.9 KB, 54 views)
Old 04-23-2013   #286
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Psychopath

55W RF under the seat, 500W AF in the trunk here

When I got my tech I went ahead and took my general written and missed one, stopped there due to lack of time that day. Then All I had to do at the time was go pass my code test. Then they dropped code that year and I was too lazy to go in and pay the 14 dollars to upgrade

Don't get into it as much as I used to, I'm sure I will again. I like to keep a rotating tray of hobbies

Quote:
Old 04-23-2013   #287

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
55W RF under the seat, 500W AF in the trunk here

When I got my tech I went ahead and took my general written and missed one, stopped there due to lack of time that day. Then All I had to do at the time was go pass my code test. Then they dropped code that year and I was too lazy to go in and pay the 14 dollars to upgrade

Don't get into it as much as I used to, I'm sure I will again. I like to keep a rotating tray of hobbies
I rotate mine depending on the season and weather, etc. Winter time I ham a little, Summer time I play with my boat at the lake and consume large amounts of beer while afloat under the wonderful Texas Sun. My version of fishing, is fishing in the cooler for another beer while enjoying my 19' 454 chevy powered jet boat. Not a fishing boat! (Only if you consider the fishing in the cooler for the beer) Makes all the worries and cares about the idiots I deal with on a daily basis just disappear.

I took Tech and General in same sitting and passed both and stopped there, studied for 1 week prior, will go back and get Extra later whenever I feel up to it, I work HF and 2M and that's about it, and it's getting to be a rare occasion, haven't worked HF in months, my old FT-101EE needs new output tubes. I enjoy building and experimenting and just LISTENING more than I do talking. Also I am a fairly avid Shortwave Listener. I like to hear the REAL WORLD NEWS, not the version they put on our US TV.

I was building RF amplifiers long before I was licensed. Luckily never got caught! Units pictured in trunk are in there now, I built them in 2002. I rarely use them, as notice in pic, no LPF.
Old 07-17-2013   #288

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 fruit loops will become famous soon enoughfruit loops will become famous soon enoughfruit loops will become famous soon enoughfruit loops will become famous soon enoughfruit loops will become famous soon enoughfruit loops will become famous soon enough

Best thread i've ever seen.
fruit loops is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2016   #289

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 loosescrew will become famous soon enoughloosescrew will become famous soon enoughloosescrew will become famous soon enoughloosescrew will become famous soon enoughloosescrew will become famous soon enoughloosescrew will become famous soon enough

Just bought a refurbished scv6000 hope it dont take long to get here.7 to 10 business days till shipping.hope it comes because I need another. And I have my mind set on going thru db r. day 5 already.gettn nerves because of some posts
loosescrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement