Warning: db-R customer service - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 92 truckerfte will become famous soon enoughtruckerfte will become famous soon enoughtruckerfte will become famous soon enoughtruckerfte will become famous soon enoughtruckerfte will become famous soon enoughtruckerfte will become famous soon enoughtruckerfte will become famous soon enough

I'm not sure if this guys cs attitude is amazing arrogance, or alarming ignorance.

Someone who is trusting you with their equipment, and paying you, can be a lil pushy, esp after a long wait.

If someone likes you and your work, they may tell 10 people.

If they don't...they start a thread on line. Ask wade stewart.

And I wouldn't go out of my way to piss off the oems either. They are in business to make money. If someone else can provide a reasonable service for half the cost, then they get the business. Do you not think these guys talk at the bar or on the golf course at CES? Eventually the word gets out.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbassplay
It's not a party until the bottoms come off.
truckerfte is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2011   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 147 TrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

I've sent a bunch of my audio stuff to TIPS for both repair and mods, and only once had a problem but Ray fixed it right away at no charge (thats the way it has to be when its not the customers fault, and with no attitude). He never took more than 3 days to finish on my stuff and shipped it right after it was completed. So big props to Ray @ TIPS.

I use to work at Oreilly's auto parts and ass holes would come there all the time, I learn that you just have to very kind and nice no matter what, if they dont calm down all you have to do is let someone else handle it. If no one can handle it simply tell the customer "Sir we're sorry we weren't able to help you, please visit our district manager with your problem." Give him the address and send him packing, not that hard.

We are caged by our cultural programming. Culture is a mass hallucination, and when you step outside the mass hallucination you see it for what its worth. -Terence McKenna.
TrickyRicky is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #28

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 99 aV8ter will become famous soon enoughaV8ter will become famous soon enoughaV8ter will become famous soon enoughaV8ter will become famous soon enoughaV8ter will become famous soon enoughaV8ter will become famous soon enough

Wow. This is interesting. Also just remembered I have a DBR refurbished sae1200d in my basement that that smoked on initial Power up lol. Not really complaining about that, just ironic. It is my fault really as I chose not to send it in under warranty...
aV8ter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011   #29

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 112 db-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by aV8ter View Post
Wow. This is interesting. Also just remembered I have a DBR refurbished sae1200d in my basement that that smoked on initial Power up lol. Not really complaining about that, just ironic. It is my fault really as I chose not to send it in under warranty...
That can happen, even it's one of the amps from the big OEM's, but yeah, you should have sent it in under warranty.

I agree on the 2 weeks time frame, at first the problem was we ran out of parts, then the problem with a tech getting hospitalized, and only left 2 of us here to do all the work, just couldn't get it done.

And yes I am just that alarmingly arrogant. And yeah, Im on the golf course with them, LOL.... You guys are really cracking me up with some of the comments....
db-r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #30
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 149 8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice

Not trying to give you shit! I know how it is but you have to give your butt sometimes to make a customer happy; I do it every day! Wal-Mart is a pain in my ass but I always give them what they want. You never know when the pain in the ass customer will give you lots of business

Quote:
Originally Posted by db-r View Post
That can happen, even it's one of the amps from the big OEM's, but yeah, you should have sent it in under warranty.

I agree on the 2 weeks time frame, at first the problem was we ran out of parts, then the problem with a tech getting hospitalized, and only left 2 of us here to do all the work, just couldn't get it done.

And yes I am just that alarmingly arrogant. And yeah, Im on the golf course with them, LOL.... You guys are really cracking me up with some of the comments....
8675309 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #31
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

the darkside is loud

12V Company:
Automotive Inspections Services
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 208 Darth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Glad you find this all funny.

I want to thank you personally for enlightening us on your business practices and how we can go f ourselves if we don't like it.
How brilliant was it on your part to post the depth of your unmitigated gall for everyone to see in this never-going-away thread.

I had six amps lined up for you to recondition when I contacted your company about the costs and process.
BTW, love your statement of we don't have time to talk on the phone, so use this internet form and take a number.
You turned me down stating you don't work on PPI anymore, and I will truly thank the lord on my knees tonight that you did.

Funny thing about this thread is that it's not a he said she said argument. Your very own system of internet contact forms shows you didn't live up to your time frame, and when he called you on it, you threatened him in the same spirited manner of Seinfeld's Soup Nazi.

"NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!"

The original OP was completely in the right on this one and handled himself in a very civil manner.
I applaud 2chGUY for standing up and bringing this to our attention.

Your lack of action and threatening demeanor left him very few options and now your are going to have to deal with the consequences.

Then to top it all off, you impuned all Texans with that ignorant statement about not finding a Texan that can do nice cs.
Unreal.

So, you think this is just one complaint?
Take a look at the ever growing view count for this thread.
And it won't stop here; threads will be started in all the other CA sites with links back to your very words posted in this one.

You made a huge mistake today.
You could have come on here and offered an olive branch to the original OP, but you let your attitude run your mouth.

Lastly, I have a few questions for you.

Do you get it now?
Do you hear what we are saying?
Did you learn anything?

God, I hope so.

Seven years in business and you think you're the king of the amp repair world.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

"It's amazing how good things sound in print."-Anon

Last edited by Darth SQ; 09-07-2011 at 06:55 PM..
Darth SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #32
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 149 8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice

Is that vegi soup? Just wondering because I like vegi soup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPI-ART COLLECTOR View Post
"NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!"
8675309 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #33
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 Fricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPI-ART COLLECTOR View Post
Glad you find this all funny.

I want to thank you personally for enlightening us on your business practices and how we can go f ourselves if we don't like it.
How brilliant was it on your part to post the depth of your unmitigated gall for everyone to see in this never-going-away thread.

I had six amps lined up for you to recondition when I contacted your company about the costs and process.
BTW, love your statement of we don't have time to talk on the phone, so use this internet form and take a number.
You turned me down stating you don't work on PPI anymore, and I will truly thank the lord on my knees tonight that you did.

Funny thing about this thread is that it's not a he said she said argument. Your very own system of internet contact forms shows you didn't live up to your time frame, and when he called you on it, you threatened him in the same spirited manner of Seinfeld's Soup Nazi.

"NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!"

The original OP was completely in the right on this one and handled himself in a very civil manner.
I applaud 2chGUY for standing up and bringing this to our attention.

Your lack of action and threatening demeanor left him very few options and now your are going to have to deal with the consequences.

Then to top it all off, you impuned all Texans with that ignorant statement about not finding a Texan that can do nice cs.
Unreal.

So, you think this is just one complaint?
Take a look at the ever growing view count for this thread.
And it won't stop here; threads will be started in all the other CA sites with links back to your very words posted in this one.

You made a huge mistake today.
You could have come on here and offered an olive branch to the original OP, but you let your attitude run your mouth.

Lastly, I have a few questions for you.

Do you get it now?
Do you hear what we are saying?
Did you learn anything?

God, I hope so.

Seven years in business and you think you're the king of the amp repair world.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR
Ha! Well said Artie!

It'd be cool if this thread could get a sticky... Just sayin...

DBr better hope his future customers dint do Internet research first.
Fricasseekid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #34

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 112 db-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enough

LOL you guys really are funny. No we don't work on the older amps anymore, we send them all to Zed Audio, they have parts and things that we would never have because Zed built alot of those amps back in the day for those old school OEM's.

You guys do whatever you want with this thread, I've said my piece on this matter.

:-)
Old 09-07-2011   #35

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 106 generalkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enough

Lookie lookie, one of db-r's big customers has found this thread.

Jacob, I hope he doesn't treat you the way he does us little folk!

If there is someone who knows how to treat a customer right, it's Jacob. Maybe you can enlighten us.
generalkorrd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #36
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 144 Niebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really nice

Quote:
LOL you guys really are funny. No we don't work on the older amps anymore, we send them all to Zed Audio, they have parts and things that we would never have because Zed built alot of those amps back in the day for those old school OEM's.

You guys do whatever you want with this thread, I've said my piece on this matter.

Maybe if you weren't on here trying to defend your lack of customer service, you could be repairing the next guys amp that is going to be pissed off because you over promise and under deliver.

BTW, whatever went on in your shop that caused the delays is YOUR problem, not the customers. Man up here buddy!!!
Niebur3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #37
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 Fricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Your nonchalant attitude ammuses me the most because you keep coming back to defend yourself. If you really didnt care you wouldnt have posted in this thread at all. So now, including in the OP, thats twice that youve proven to not be a man of your word!
Fricasseekid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #38

DIYMA freshman

If anyone knows the "truth" about how we are here at dB-r Jacob would be it. Been with Sundown since 2007. He can tell you I am a little rough around the edges to deal with, but always do him right and always honest.

I do care, but I have to stick with my way of doing things, otherwise, I'd find something else to do.....
Old 09-07-2011   #39
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 278 JAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Our rep is very stellar, where did you find something bad? Did you read it all the way through?

well...I just did...when I read the emails back and forth between you two...the bad that is..

My amp tech can do anything you and your pose can and he can get my amp and fix it same day and send it back to me. weeks time tops.

and before you say he isnt as good as you, he is contracted by the likes of Alpine and Pioneer.

this is the worst and funniest stuff at same time in same thread I have seen in my entire life.

but I hadnt finished it yet so ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedNihilist View Post
Furthermore... The economy improving is a fact, it has been measured and is not subjective.
The mirage is the belief that this can't be true. It is. America is starting to come around
JAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #40

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 106 generalkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enough

Quote:
If anyone knows the "truth" about how we are here at dB-r Jacob would be it. Been with Sundown since 2007. He can tell you I am a little rough around the edges to deal with, but always do him right and always honest.

I do care, but I have to stick with my way of doing things, otherwise, I'd find something else to do.....
I'd be willing to bet that you did not tell him to "not be pushy, or else you can fuck off".
generalkorrd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #41
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 278 JAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond repute

well I finished it and again all I can tell anyone else who reads this is I know a couple amp techs who can take care of your needs and be nice and polite about it.

one is in Vegas and one is here in Louisiana.

the one in Vegas is my usual and he has done work here for a few of us and I have referred quite a few people to him.

if you choose to use the guy here in my area you can also do that. he fixed my Optidrive because shipping was going to kill me to send it in and pay to get it back.

oh and not knocking Zed audio cause I love the new stuff but some of his techs need a little more practice or something.

Quote:
Furthermore... The economy improving is a fact, it has been measured and is not subjective.
The mirage is the belief that this can't be true. It is. America is starting to come around
Old 09-07-2011   #42
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Quote:

more than enough for me to say I am glad I never bought any of your repaired amps and will never send it to you to fix. I would rather throw it in the river.

its funny but in bad taste...but I guess if this had been my amp I would be pissed at your attitude.

Karma..will take care of it I feel.

Quote:
Old 09-07-2011   #43

DIYMA freshman

Yeah, I know a good amp tech in Louisiana, he's probably reading this getting a good laugh.

I know some of you guys think really that I should just be all like "ohhhh, I'm so sorry and stuff" but I just can't be like that, learned that years ago, there are crappy customers out there too that will screw you over. Been screwed over enough to be bitter, and that's just all I can really say about that. If I started naming names and pointing fingers at those people all hell would break loose in the Car audio industry so I got to just chill on that, even though I like "stirring the pot" occasionally I don't need to put more out there than I should, not necessarily for the sake of my business, but because some of these OEM's have more lawyer money than I do.....

I got 15 amps to ship out tonight, yeah that's right, so I better get back to it.

Nite ;-)
Old 09-07-2011   #44
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Quote:
Yeah, I know a good amp tech in Louisiana, he's probably reading this getting a good laugh.

Nite ;-)

actually, I know more than one but I have only talked to Perry Babin and not ever sent him one. The other one is new to me and I have just recently met him.

My normal one has had to fix some of Zeds carnage before..if that says anything

Quote:
Old 09-07-2011   #45

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 75 datcrew will become famous soon enoughdatcrew will become famous soon enoughdatcrew will become famous soon enoughdatcrew will become famous soon enoughdatcrew will become famous soon enoughdatcrew will become famous soon enough

Quote:

And yes I am just that alarmingly arrogant.
I run a small buisness....if someone ill or I run out of something that a customer needs...i will do ANYTHING to sort the problem out.....I don't even like the customer knowing I have a problem...the customer comes first and I won't let them down.

And being arrogant is so not good for your business....
I feel sorry for you cause your gonna get flamed in here,when if you had been more polite,you could of actually got away with your shoddy service....no one in this climate wants to lose any business.
datcrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #46

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by datcrew View Post
I run a small buisness....if someone ill or I run out of something that a customer needs...i will do ANYTHING to sort the problem out.....I don't even like the customer knowing I have a problem...the customer comes first and I won't let them down.

And being arrogant is so not good for your business....
I feel sorry for you cause your gonna get flamed in here,when if you had been more polite,you could of actually got away with your shoddy service....no one in this climate wants to lose any business.
Not trying or wanting to get "away" with anything. The only thing I worry about running this business is shoddy work, will not do it. Being nice doesn't matter. The work we do is excellent, and that's all that really matters in the end. As for time frame, ask around, most of the time it's 1-2 weeks as we state, hell, 99.9% of the time it is. You guys have no idea how many amps we repair here. Sometimes we get pallets of them and turn them around in less than 1 week. That's the kind of business I like, if it weren't for that, I'd be outta here...

Flame on, it's entertaining, and not the first time I have been flamed on some message board, been playing on message boards since the old BBS days of the late 80's early 90's. Been around the Car audio business that long as well. I just say whatever the hell I want to say, until the lawyer money factor starts interfering anyway... Only reason I will ever bite my lip... You can quote that.
Old 09-07-2011   #47
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 126 rugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the roughrugdnit is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

As much as dual mono guy hates Mantz.... You sir... are WINNING. Good luck to you.
rugdnit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #48

DIYMA freshman

Why get your equipment repaired by a jerk when there are 1000+ qualified techs out there... in the soup nazi words: No Business For You!!

<CDA-9887*, Morel MT-23/Supremo 6, Soundstream Ref 414s, PG ZPA 0.5, Ultimo SC12> *P99rs coming soon

Last edited by schmiddr2; 09-07-2011 at 11:26 PM..
oldskewl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #49

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskewl View Post
Why get your equipment repaired by a jerk when there are 1000+ qualified techs out there... in the soup nazi words: No Business For You!!
Because that statement is false, there are not 1000+ qualified techs out there, at least not in the amp repair business. If there were that much competition for my business, do you really think I would have such a mouth on me?

Last edited by schmiddr2; 09-07-2011 at 11:26 PM..
Old 09-07-2011   #50

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Because that statement is false, there are not 1000+ qualified techs out there, at least not in the amp repair business. If there were that much competition for my business, do you really think I would have such a mouth on me?

YES, THERE IS! There are many, many honest and respectful repair shops out there, two in my home town as a matter of fact. Walt at Elite Service in Eau Claire Wisconsin has been getting my business for 20+ years... he just repaired my SS Ref four channel, $100 for a new, direct replacement Power supply installed with a warranty!

I hope this is the "beginning of the end" for douche bag repairs.

<CDA-9887*, Morel MT-23/Supremo 6, Soundstream Ref 414s, PG ZPA 0.5, Ultimo SC12> *P99rs coming soon

Last edited by schmiddr2; 09-07-2011 at 11:00 PM..
oldskewl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement