Warning: db-R customer service - Page 3 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011   #51

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 113 db-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

Yeah, and they all end up calling me asking me what the chips are on the circuit boards with the numbers rubbed off. It's really just not that simple you can't just repair some of these things you need inside information and hookups from the factory to do repairs on a lot of this stuff. But of course, everyone (but me, LOL) is an expert and I have no idea what I am talking about right? It always goes in this direction....

And no not even close to the end for dB-r.... so funny, like one post on the internet is just gonna kill my business. You guys have no idea how it works behind the scenes... Not saying that if EVERYONE actually read this stuff on diyma.com that EVERYONE would stop dealing with dB-r, but the thing is this, it's just not that popular of a message board here, and if you go copying and pasting it to all the car audio related message boards on the internet, you will get some not so expected responses from my good customers on those other message boards that know how dB-r really is to deal with, which isn't bad at all... LMAO, keep it coming...
db-r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2011   #52
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

the darkside is loud

12V Company:
Automotive Inspections Services
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 209 Darth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by db-r View Post
LOL you guys really are funny. No we don't work on the older amps anymore, we send them all to Zed Audio, they have parts and things that we would never have because Zed built alot of those amps back in the day for those old school OEM's.

You guys do whatever you want with this thread, I've said my piece on this matter.

:-)
Really?
Then maybe you should pull this webpage off your website.

dB-r Electronics

Thick as a brick.
Has a golden opportunity here to try and make things right and he's still is dug in deeper than a Louisiana tick.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

"It's amazing how good things sound in print."-Anon
Darth SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #53

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 113 db-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPI-ART COLLECTOR View Post
Really?
Then maybe you should pull this webpage off your website.

dB-r Electronics

Thick as a brick.
Has a golden opportunity here to try and make things right and he's still is dug in deeper than a Louisiana tick.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR
I know, I'm just really "something" aint I?

Yeah we used to repair the old schools, till we ran into a lot of problems with the parts availability and design problems that just couldn't be corrected, not to mention we were losing money repairing those thing because we spent so much time and money stocking parts for all of it that at some point, back in 2008 I think, we just stopped accepting those older amps for repair and started referring them to Zed Audio, which as I said before, can better handle those older amps as they were the manufacturer for alot of those brands back in the day and had stockpiles of schematics and parts.

I am done for the night, got a busy day tomorrow, so just gonna have to leave it at this post, maybe I'll come back tomorrow to see more "flameage" maybe not, after all I got lots of work to do....

Old 09-07-2011   #54
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

the darkside is loud

12V Company:
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 209 Darth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, I know a good amp tech in Louisiana, he's probably reading this getting a good laugh.

I know some of you guys think really that I should just be all like "ohhhh, I'm so sorry and stuff" but I just can't be like that, learned that years ago, there are crappy customers out there too that will screw you over. Been screwed over enough to be bitter, and that's just all I can really say about that. If I started naming names and pointing fingers at those people all hell would break loose in the car audio industry so I got to just chill on that, even though I like "stirring the pot" occasionally I don't need to put more out there than I should, not necessarily for the sake of my business, but because some of these OEM's have more lawyer money than I do.....

I got 15 amps to ship out tonight, yeah that's right, so I better get back to it.

Nite ;-)
14....you had to return 2chGUY's amp remember?

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

Old 09-07-2011   #55
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 128 mmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPI-ART COLLECTOR View Post
14....you had to return 2chGUY's amp remember?

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR
LOL!

2016 Civic Turbo Coupe
-Alpine, Arc Audio, Cardas, Hybrid Audio, JL Audio
And a closet full of $hit I'll never use.....
mmiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #56
DIYMA 500 Club

((( (( (IN STEREO) )) )))

Rep Power: 121 Knobby Digital will become famous soon enoughKnobby Digital will become famous soon enoughKnobby Digital will become famous soon enoughKnobby Digital will become famous soon enoughKnobby Digital will become famous soon enoughKnobby Digital will become famous soon enough

Quote:
If there were that much competition for my business, do you really think I would have such a mouth on me?
You might have to eat these words...

A speaker is only as good as the logo on its dustcap.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^STUFFS FOR SALE. BUY IT ALL!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited by schmiddr2; 09-07-2011 at 11:17 PM..
Knobby Digital is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #57
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

the darkside is loud

12V Company:
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knobby Digital View Post
You might have to eat these words...
DUDE!

I can't even type after reading that!

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

Last edited by schmiddr2; 09-07-2011 at 11:25 PM..
Old 09-07-2011   #58
DIYMA 500 Club

do it yourself

Rep Power: 40116 schmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone, don't take this too far. You might not like his business practices or his attitude but remember that you don't have to use his services. So no need to make this a personal vendetta and type vulgar bad taste comments. No more.

“When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear.” ― Thomas Sowell
schmiddr2 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #59
DIYMA 500 Club

((( (( (IN STEREO) )) )))

Rep Power: 121 Knobby Digital will become famous soon enoughKnobby Digital will become famous soon enoughKnobby Digital will become famous soon enoughKnobby Digital will become famous soon enoughKnobby Digital will become famous soon enoughKnobby Digital will become famous soon enough

Impressive mouth, nevertheless...

A speaker is only as good as the logo on its dustcap.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^STUFFS FOR SALE. BUY IT ALL!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Knobby Digital is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2011   #60
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 279 JAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond repute

who would really want to give their money to someone knowing how the owner thinks about you as a customer?

not me. I work for my money and he is not the only game in town.

I think nobody would be replying to this if it were not for his attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedNihilist View Post
Furthermore... The economy improving is a fact, it has been measured and is not subjective.
The mirage is the belief that this can't be true. It is. America is starting to come around
JAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2011   #61

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 81 sirvent_95 will become famous soon enoughsirvent_95 will become famous soon enoughsirvent_95 will become famous soon enoughsirvent_95 will become famous soon enoughsirvent_95 will become famous soon enoughsirvent_95 will become famous soon enoughsirvent_95 will become famous soon enough

I think my solution would have been as follows:

I promise a customer a certain turnaround time for repair.

Unforeseen circumstances make that impossible.

I tell customer I can ship amp back before servicing it,
if he wants a faster turnaround time.

(He was very clear, he didn't want to wait a long time)

Customer can then choose if he will now wait.

I don't think it was wise to say "We're opening it today" or "We're waiting
for parts"

This doesn't violate your "Nice Work, not Nice Guy" policy and you're
being completely upfront.

Perhaps your volume of work makes it too hard to stay in contact with
individual customers? Perhaps a certain employee could/should be
appointed to deal with retail-level customers directly.

I can see both sides of this to a certain point, but you were aware the customer did not want a long wait and you should have been more transparent with your communication.
sirvent_95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2011   #62

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 106 generalkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enough

Quote:
If there were that much competition for my business, do you really think I would have such a mouth on me?
So, what you're saying is that you are an asshole because you think you can be? Wow. Just wow.
generalkorrd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2011   #63
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 144 Niebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really nice

Quote:
I know, I'm just really "something" aint I?

Yeah we used to repair the old schools, till we ran into a lot of problems with the parts availability and design problems that just couldn't be corrected, not to mention we were losing money repairing those thing because we spent so much time and money stocking parts for all of it that at some point, back in 2008 I think, we just stopped accepting those older amps for repair and started referring them to Zed Audio, which as I said before, can better handle those older amps as they were the manufacturer for alot of those brands back in the day and had stockpiles of schematics and parts.

I am done for the night, got a busy day tomorrow, so just gonna have to leave it at this post, maybe I'll come back tomorrow to see more "flameage" maybe not, after all I got lots of work to do....
You obviously don't believe in Karma either.....good luck with that!
Niebur3 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2011   #64
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 279 JAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond repute

Talking Re: Warning: db-R customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalkorrd View Post
So, what you're saying is that you are an asshole because you think you can be? Wow. Just wow.
funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedNihilist View Post
Furthermore... The economy improving is a fact, it has been measured and is not subjective.
The mirage is the belief that this can't be true. It is. America is starting to come around
JAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2011   #65
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 137 turbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura about

From link above to DB-r provided by Jax.
"The Art Series amps have this drawing on them, not sure what it is supposed
to mean, has a worm, 3 globes, some rocks and 2 or three triangles. I
would love to hear the story of where this drawing came from and why they
used it."

Quoted from DB-r above.....

"it's just not that popular of a message board here"

Ya know... for DIYMA being such a hole in the wall we do get a lot of odd balls... in fact, I'm pretty sure the lady that did the art work might have stopped by here a time or two. I'm also pretty sure she is rather nice.

But I'm not an insider and I wouldn't have a clue.

I know I'm sorry for a few referrals I've given out....

Some equipment in some cars...
turbo5upra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2011   #66

DIYMA freshman

Infraction.

<CDA-9887*, Morel MT-23/Supremo 6, Soundstream Ref 414s, PG ZPA 0.5, Ultimo SC12> *P99rs coming soon

Last edited by schmiddr2; 09-08-2011 at 09:53 AM..
oldskewl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2011   #67
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 137 turbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskewl View Post
Dude that is uncalled for. I will not however state my opinion on accuracy.

Last edited by schmiddr2; 09-08-2011 at 09:53 AM..
Old 09-08-2011   #68
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Rep Power: 135 BowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo5upra View Post

2010 Fusion Sport: SQ InstallSubwoofer In-Dash

Team Audiofrog | Team Syracuse Customs

Encore 8 | MF DAC | RPM88 | XDi 1200.6 | MR2150 | GB12 | GB60 | GB25 | GB10
BowDown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2011   #69

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
My bad. Sometimes I forget just how PC this world has become... sigh. I miss the old days of telling it how it is.

<CDA-9887*, Morel MT-23/Supremo 6, Soundstream Ref 414s, PG ZPA 0.5, Ultimo SC12> *P99rs coming soon
Old 09-08-2011   #70

DIYMA freshman

You guys are too funny, sorry, I just don't feel the need to apologize, we just don't deal with pushy customers here, it's just that simple, is it just that hard to accept that that is our policy? Is it really that unreasonable? It's not like I just started being this way, we have been doing business the exact same way since 2005, if it was sooooo bad like you all make it out to be (because you are speculating based on my mouth, not experience with my company) don't you think we would have already been out of business? Just saying.... Trying to be realistic here and not all touchy feeley....
Old 09-08-2011   #71
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 144 Niebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really nice

Quote:
You guys are too funny, sorry, I just don't feel the need to apologize, we just don't deal with pushy customers here, it's just that simple, is it just that hard to accept that that is our policy? Is it really that unreasonable? It's not like I just started being this way, we have been doing business the exact same way since 2005, if it was sooooo bad like you all make it out to be (because you are speculating based on my mouth, not experience with my company) don't you think we would have already been out of business? Just saying.... Trying to be realistic here and not all touchy feeley....
Why do you keep posting if you are even a tiny bit worried about your rep! Get to work, you have millions of amps to fix (or just string customers along with)....jerk off!
Niebur3 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2011   #72

DIYMA freshman

Your customer was far from pushy.

Old 09-08-2011   #73
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 Fricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Since 2005?! Wow, I didn't realize you were so well established!!!
Pardon me...

Perhaps it's no coincidence that at about the same time period the car audio industry went to shit, people like you came into existence.
Just sayin....

Last edited by schmiddr2; 09-08-2011 at 09:54 AM..
Fricasseekid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2011   #74
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

the darkside is loud

12V Company:
Position:
Owner

Quote:
From link above to DB-r provided by Jax.
"The Art Series amps have this drawing on them, not sure what it is supposed
to mean, has a worm, 3 globes, some rocks and 2 or three triangles. I
would love to hear the story of where this drawing came from and why they
used it."

Quoted from DB-r above.....

"it's just not that popular of a message board here"

Ya know... for DIYMA being such a hole in the wall we do get a lot of odd balls... in fact, I'm pretty sure the lady that did the art work might have stopped by here a time or two. I'm also pretty sure she is rather nice.

But I'm not an insider and I wouldn't have a clue.

I know I'm sorry for a few referrals I've given out....
CHY is the best of us!
I just talked with her on Monday and she is doing well preparing her garden for the upcoming winter.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

Old 09-08-2011   #75
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

nm lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement