Warning: db-R customer service - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011   #1
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 64

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 105 2chGUY will become famous soon enough2chGUY will become famous soon enough2chGUY will become famous soon enough2chGUY will become famous soon enough2chGUY will become famous soon enough2chGUY will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (2)



Default Warning: db-R customer service

Not exactly a review per say, but an example of the customer service you can potentially expect from dB-r Electronics...

I edited out the reference numbers and customer name from the preceeding posts. I felt it wasn't my place to include his personal details. He is a member here and can comment if he wishes to.







Last edited by 2chGUY; 09-07-2011 at 01:55 AM..
2chGUY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-07-2011   #2
DIYMA 500 Club
 
mmiller's Avatar
 
DIYMA Enthusiast
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,345

Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 130 mmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (22)



Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

That's Pathetic, but.......

When you buy Flea market Garbage it's to be expected.

2016 Civic Turbo Coupe
-Alpine, Arc Audio, Cardas, Hybrid Audio, JL Audio
And a closet full of $hit I'll never use.....
mmiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #3
DIYMA 500 Club
 
DIYMA Regular
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Richmond Virginia
Posts: 736

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 144 Jroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (2)



Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

Shouldnt matter if he sent is a 5 dollar amp or a 1000 dollar amp. That company gets paid to fix whatever is sent to them. The fact that it took them almost 3 months to basically say they had not done anything and then try to belittle the sender is crazy. We basically know what this company thinks about its customers. Could anyone really expect quality work from someone that would respond to a customer like that when they were in fact wrong?
Jroo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2011   #4
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 109

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 115 db-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

Sorry, we don't guarantee to be nice. If we would have finished his amp it would have worked perfectly this is not even the issue, we do the best work and everyone knows this, but no, sorry we aren't the nicest, never promised to be. Don't like it take it somewhere else, it's that simple. We never kiss ass here, never expect it. Want your amp repaired right, if it is something we work on, we will always do it right or won't do it at all, if you want us to be super nice to you and meet deadlines etc, sorry, we just can't always do that.
db-r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #5
Upgrade Your Membership!
Moderator
 
Diyma Ninja
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nowhere, overthere
Posts: 11,262

Thanks: 4
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 252 thehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud of


iTrader: (28)



Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

4 months to repair an amp? You really need to hire more help...and or be upfront about the wait time.

It's not about asskissing...it's about providing good customer service. You had an amp for 4 months and hadn't touched it. You could have at least offered some sort of discount as an apology for you dragging your ass on getting the amp fixed/or not being upfront with the customer on how long it would take to fix the amp.
thehatedguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #6
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 109

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 115 db-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehatedguy View Post
4 months to repair an amp? You really need to hire more help...and or be upfront about the wait time.

It's not about asskissing...it's about providing good customer service. You had an amp for 4 months and hadn't touched it. You could have at least offered some sort of discount as an apology for you dragging your ass on getting the amp fixed/or not being upfront with the customer on how long it would take to fix the amp.
No, re-read, he was asking was it received on July 15th, he started the ticket a long time ago, took him a while to send it in, we started work on it but we were out of parts then had helpers out in the hospital etc. He got pissy with me and we don't do that here, I don't have to put up with it and will not. That's the end of the story, if someone doesn't want to do business with us because we just tell it like it is, are not super nice, and can't always meet a deadline, but always do good work, that is fine, they can take it to the other repair shops out there and find out what a good "__cking" is. They don't repair the amps right (the other shops, you all know who they are) and they take 6 months to a year, LOL, we get new customers all the time who are coming from the other shops out there that simply don't do good work, and they are not nice either, so at least if we aren't nice, at least we do good work LOL.
db-r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #7
DIYMA 500 Club
 
TrickyRicky's Avatar
 
DIYMA Loyalist
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere in TX
Posts: 3,519


Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 150 TrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to behold


iTrader: (45)



Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

Thats sad. I feel for the owner of the amp because he lost time and shipping fee. Am pretty sure Db-R doesnt refund shipping fees (because its rare for a company to refund that).

We are caged by our cultural programming. Culture is a mass hallucination, and when you step outside the mass hallucination you see it for what its worth. -Terence McKenna.
TrickyRicky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #8
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 109

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 115 db-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyRicky View Post
Thats sad. I feel for the owner of the amp because he lost time and shipping fee. Am pretty sure Db-R doesnt refund shipping fees.
We shipped it back to him for free. Cost me $25.
db-r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #9
DIYMA 500 Club
 
mmiller's Avatar
 
DIYMA Enthusiast
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,345

Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 130 mmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (22)



Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by db-r View Post
Sorry, we don't guarantee to be nice. If we would have finished his amp it would have worked perfectly this is not even the issue, we do the best work and everyone knows this, but no, sorry we aren't the nicest, never promised to be. Don't like it take it somewhere else, it's that simple. We never kiss ass here, never expect it. Want your amp repaired right, if it is something we work on, we will always do it right or won't do it at all, if you want us to be super nice to you and meet deadlines etc, sorry, we just can't always do that.
Is this a Joke? I hope it is!

You Don't Ass Kiss?

What kind of Business are you running?

You do the best work??? No you don't!!!!!!

You're amps are Flea Market Garbage... and it's quite obvious you're Customer service, and Business practices are even worse than the product you sell!

I have never seen a Business treat someone with this kind of ignorance, and disrespect in my life. Frankly, I find it absolutely disgusting.

I can't even believe that you actually have the Gall, to come on here and act this way.

This forum is frequently visited by top level representatives from Companies such as Alpine, JL Audio, Arc Audio, Soundstream, JBL, HAT. Just to name a few.. Some of these companies are 100X the size of you're's and their Customer service is 1000% better.

FYI, a Business is nothing with Customer service, maybe if you treated people with respect.. You would generate enough revenue to make a product worth buying.

You have given yourself a Black eye throughout the Car Audio Community, Top to bottom.

All Members shall bow their heads now, and have a moment of silence for you're ignorance, and stupidity!!

I am now nauseous and cannot type anymore.

2016 Civic Turbo Coupe
-Alpine, Arc Audio, Cardas, Hybrid Audio, JL Audio
And a closet full of $hit I'll never use.....
mmiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #10
DIYMA 500 Club
 
Weightless's Avatar
 
DIYMA Regular
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 876

Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 159 Weightless will become famous soon enoughWeightless will become famous soon enoughWeightless will become famous soon enoughWeightless will become famous soon enoughWeightless will become famous soon enoughWeightless will become famous soon enoughWeightless will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (25)



Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

That was the most pathetic form of customer service I have seen in a long time.

Even "IF" you keep getting new customers, once the word spreads about how you treat them after the fact, those numbers will slowly dwindle.

How sad.

After reading that, I personally wouldn't buy anything from you. Nor would I suggest it.

Justin
Weightless is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #11
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 109

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 115 db-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

LOL you guys are clueless. With the exception of Arc Audio you just named all the flea market garbage in the Houston area. Your not going to get a rise out of me on this issue, we straight up tell our customers that we are not that nice. Google for dB-r Electronics, you will find it everywhere that we do, in fact, do the best work, and we have lots of haters and lots of very loyal customers, for a reason.
db-r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #12
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 99

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 84 Jersey Strong will become famous soon enoughJersey Strong will become famous soon enoughJersey Strong will become famous soon enoughJersey Strong will become famous soon enoughJersey Strong will become famous soon enoughJersey Strong will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (1)



Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiller View Post
Is this a Joke? I hope it is!

You Don't Ass Kiss?

What kind of Business are you running?

You do the best work??? No you don't!!!!!!

You're amps are Flea Market Garbage... and it's quite obvious you're Customer service, and Business practices are even worse than the product you sell!

I have never seen a Business treat someone with this kind of ignorance, and disrespect in my life. Frankly, I find it absolutely disgusting.

I can't even believe that you actually have the Gall, to come on here and act this way.

This forum is frequently visited by top level representatives from Companies such as Alpine, JL Audio, Arc Audio, Soundstream, JBL, HAT. Just to name a few.. Some of these companies are 100X the size of you're's and their Customer service is 1000% better.

FYI, a Business is nothing with Customer service, maybe if you treated people with respect.. You would generate enough revenue to make a product worth buying.

You have given yourself a Black eye throughout the Car Audio Community, Top to bottom.

All Members shall bow their heads now, and have a moment of silence for you're ignorance, and stupidity!!

I am now nauseous and cannot type anymore.
I truly thought this was a joke too. But apparently this guy is serious. Agreed on that moment of silence for ignorance…………
It is shit like this which separates the DynAudio or Rainbow (Don) which are elite at what they do. What put them over the top is the level of customer service they provide. This guy is just tooltastic!
Jersey Strong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #13
DIYMA 500 Club
 
mmiller's Avatar
 
DIYMA Enthusiast
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,345

Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 130 mmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (22)



Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by db-r View Post
LOL you guys are clueless. With the exception of Arc Audio you just named all the flea market garbage in the Houston area. Your not going to get a rise out of me on this issue, we straight up tell our customers that we are not that nice. Google for dB-r Electronics, you will find it everywhere that we do, in fact, do the best work, and we have lots of haters and lots of very loyal customers, for a reason.
Hmm... I have never seen JL Audio, JBL, Alpine, Zapco or HAT at any Flea Market.. I wish I did this hobby would be a lot less expensive!

Are you Sick in the Head or something??? You're most delusional SOB I have ever witnessed!

You're completely out to lunch!

I pray to God that Manville, Jim, Scott, or Andy see this... I would love to hear their response to you calling their stuff garbage.

2016 Civic Turbo Coupe
-Alpine, Arc Audio, Cardas, Hybrid Audio, JL Audio
And a closet full of $hit I'll never use.....
mmiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #14
 
generalkorrd's Avatar
 
DIYMA Novice
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: georgia
Posts: 316

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 108 generalkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (9)



Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

I have never seen a company actually be PROUD of the fact that thier CS sucks. While you may think you have it in the bag with doing work for the OEM's, I think that once you stop working for all the "little people" you will feel you need someone to be rude to. Let me tell you something, you try that shit with one of the bigger OEM's, you will be surprised at how fast you will lose all your business, and then you will be BEGGING regular joes to send their gear to you. And to think that in the past I have advised people to send their blown amps to you, purely based on your reputation. You can be assured THAT won't happen again. By the way, there is a difference between being "nice" and having good CS. If you cant handle the CS side without being a complete douchecanoe, you should hire someone who can, you would make a lot more money that way, and be able to hire more techs, and grow your business. As you can see, good CS is the base of a growing business.
generalkorrd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #15
DIYMA 500 Club
 
IBcivic's Avatar
 
Back Yard Installer
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: At Home...EH?
Age: 50
Posts: 4,292

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 154 IBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really nice


iTrader: (55)



Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiller View Post
Is this a Joke? I hope it is!

You Don't Ass Kiss?

What kind of Business are you running?

You do the best work??? No you don't!!!!!!

You're amps are Flea Market Garbage... and it's quite obvious you're Customer service, and Business practices are even worse than the product you sell!

I have never seen a Business treat someone with this kind of ignorance, and disrespect in my life. Frankly, I find it absolutely disgusting.

I can't even believe that you actually have the Gall, to come on here and act this way.

This forum is frequently visited by top level representatives from Companies such as Alpine, JL Audio, Arc Audio, Soundstream, JBL, HAT. Just to name a few.. Some of these companies are 100X the size of you're's and their Customer service is 1000% better.

FYI, a Business is nothing with Customer service, maybe if you treated people with respect.. You would generate enough revenue to make a product worth buying.

You have given yourself a Black eye throughout the Car Audio Community, Top to bottom.

All Members shall bow their heads now, and have a moment of silence for you're ignorance, and stupidity!!

I am now nauseous and cannot type anymore.

IBcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #16
DIYMA 500 Club
 
IBcivic's Avatar
 
Back Yard Installer
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: At Home...EH?
Age: 50
Posts: 4,292

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 154 IBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really nice


iTrader: (55)



Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

I'd have alot of trouble dealing with such arrogance....period! Thanx for the heads up

IBcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #17
Upgrade Your Membership!
Moderator
 
Diyma Ninja
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nowhere, overthere
Posts: 11,262

Thanks: 4
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 252 thehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud of


iTrader: (28)



Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

I dunno I have sent amps to TIPS to repair and Ray was always nice and direct to the point. It didn't take 4-6 months to repair the amps either...even to fully mod and repair a few it took 2 weeks at the most.

I worked at Freeman's Car Stereo in the early/mid part of the last decade and they had a large repair center...they were one of the only Fosgate authorized non-warranty repair stations in the country, and they never took that long to repair anything we sent them.

Last edited by thehatedguy; 09-07-2011 at 04:22 PM.. Reason: mistaken
thehatedguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #18
DIYMA 500 Club
Moderator
 
schmiddr2's Avatar
 
do it yourself
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 5,032

Thanks: 10
Thanked 23 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 40118 schmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond repute


iTrader: (11)



Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

Is amp repair such a niche market that keeping a quoted turn around time and politeness are not a necessity? Weird.

“When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear.” ― Thomas Sowell
schmiddr2 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #19
 
generalkorrd's Avatar
 
DIYMA Novice
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: georgia
Posts: 316

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 108 generalkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (9)



Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmiddr2 View Post
Is amp repair such a niche market that keeping a quoted turn around time and politeness are not a necessity? Weird.
Apparently he thinks that he is god's gift to amp repair, and can't be bothered to be nice to the regular joe.

Last edited by schmiddr2; 09-07-2011 at 03:18 PM..
generalkorrd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #20
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 109

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 115 db-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehatedguy View Post
I dunno I have sent amps to TIPS to repair and Ray was always nice and direct to the point. It didn't take 4-6 months to repair the amps either...even to fully mod and repair a few it took 2 weeks at the most.

I worked at Freeman's Car Stereo in the early/mid part of the last decade and they had a large repair center...they were one of the only Fosgate authorized non-warranty repair stations in the country, and they never took that long to repair anything we sent them.
Our rep is very stellar, where did you find something bad? Did you read it all the way through?

We are not interested in dealing with companies that insist that we kiss but. Yes we do mostly work for OEM's. Yes I SHOULD hire someone to do the CS because I am not the most "nice" guy around, but problem is my techs here are way worse than I am about handling the CS, so I would have to find someone who is intentionally extra nice, just hard to find that in Texas, maybe I need to import someone. LMAO.

Anyway, sorry if this ruffled some feathers, I don't care what anyone says, I know what really goes on here, and with my customers, and it's not bad at all, I think I only had one other customer in the past that tried to "post a bunch of bs online to make dB-r look bad" and you can find that post with google, but if you read it, you will see in the end, he agreed he was wrong, I was right. He even called me like 3 months later out of the blue and apologized to me. I don't screw people over here, sometimes the things I have to say about a customers amp isn't what they want to hear, but dude, I am just being honest.

If you don't know anything about dB-r and this is the first you have heard of us and have any doubts, just google dB-r Electronics. You can decide for yourself whether we do good work and have good CS, this ONE post here on DIYMA is an isolated incident. Not attempting to save face, just sayin....

And after all, I didn't just stuff his amp back in a box and ship it back to him without at least warning him first. Everyone has their rules, and mine is don't be pushy, we won't tolerate it. We do want the business, but we will not stand for customers being pushy. As I tried to make it clear before, we do good work, and that's the end of it. I really don't want to grow the business anymore than it already is, don't want to deal with the big OEM's trust me we have, and we had problems with them, like they never paid, and they take 5-10 days to call you back, etc. We got plenty of small upstarts that have great products and great CS that we deal with and we prefer to keep it that way.

And yeah, TIPS is great, but they are not the type of shop I am talking about, some of the large OEM's use the OTHER shops, and I am sure if you could get one of their reps (from the large OEM) to tell you the truth, the reason they don't use dB-r and choose to go with those other shops is NOT because of my way of doing business, it's because dB-r is too expensive. We are the most expensive repair shop. I can't name names, so don't PM me asking me which OEM's, but lets just say they are HUGE and they did not do us right, and on top of that they expressed that we are twice as expensive as the other shops they use, even though they know that shop sucks, they use them anyway because they simply cannot afford dB-r.

We recently dropped an OEM because their products are horribly unreliable, bad designs. Again, cannot name names. Anyone here who may know us well, knows which OEM we dropped.

Last edited by thehatedguy; 09-07-2011 at 04:23 PM.. Reason: edited quote for mistake
db-r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #21
DIYMA 500 Club
 
FAUEE's Avatar
 
DIYMA Regular
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NC and assorted hotels
Posts: 680


Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 458 FAUEE has a reputation beyond reputeFAUEE has a reputation beyond reputeFAUEE has a reputation beyond reputeFAUEE has a reputation beyond reputeFAUEE has a reputation beyond reputeFAUEE has a reputation beyond reputeFAUEE has a reputation beyond reputeFAUEE has a reputation beyond reputeFAUEE has a reputation beyond reputeFAUEE has a reputation beyond reputeFAUEE has a reputation beyond repute


iTrader: (1)



Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

I'd say both are in the wrong.

On one hand, it does take time to take an item apart, find out the issues, order parts get said parts in, place parts, make sure it works, and then be done. And then to be doing this for multiple amps, and then have a tech go out... I can totally understand things getting very behind schedule, especially if you're busy in the first place.

On the other hand, he was without his amp for a month.

The attitude... who cares? The guy did get pushy, and I'm sure that he wouldn't like it if people were pushy with him at his job because something out of his control made his workload get backed up. Plus, I'd rather someone be up front and honest with me and be blunt rather than someone be sneaky but super nice and giving me lip service.

Keep in mind a huge part of the delay was because the owner told them it was a different amp than it really was.

Could both sides have done things differently? Yes. But I don't think its fair to place blame on either side.

2chguy: nut up man... this is car audio we're talking about
2chguy: if it was easy, it would be called home audio
FAUEE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #22
DIYMA 500 Club
Moderator
 
schmiddr2's Avatar
 
do it yourself
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 5,032

Thanks: 10
Thanked 23 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 40118 schmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond repute


iTrader: (11)



Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by db-r View Post
I only had one other customer in the past that tried to "post a bunch of bs online to make dB-r look bad"...
The word WARNING was the only hint that 2chguy may not approve of your CS. The information provided in this thread is exclusively from your customer service system. If you feel that it makes you look bad then it's because of your CS.



Quote:
Originally Posted by db-r View Post
As I tried to make it clear before, we do good work, and that's the end of it.
This is obviously not the end of your requirements as a business because of what you said you believe is necessary to provide good CS,

Quote:
Originally Posted by db-r View Post
Yes I SHOULD hire someone to do the CS because I am not the most "nice" guy around...


This is just my opinion and is not an attack on you or your business; an observation from someone who has a degree in small business administration and owns a small business.

“When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear.” ― Thomas Sowell

Last edited by schmiddr2; 09-07-2011 at 06:49 PM..
schmiddr2 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #23
 
generalkorrd's Avatar
 
DIYMA Novice
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: georgia
Posts: 316

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 108 generalkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enoughgeneralkorrd will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (9)



Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAUEE View Post
I'd say both are in the wrong.

On one hand, it does take time to take an item apart, find out the issues, order parts get said parts in, place parts, make sure it works, and then be done. And then to be doing this for multiple amps, and then have a tech go out... I can totally understand things getting very behind schedule, especially if you're busy in the first place.

On the other hand, he was without his amp for a month.

The attitude... who cares? The guy did get pushy, and I'm sure that he wouldn't like it if people were pushy with him at his job because something out of his control made his workload get backed up. Plus, I'd rather someone be up front and honest with me and be blunt rather than someone be sneaky but super nice and giving me lip service.

Keep in mind a huge part of the delay was because the owner told them it was a different amp than it really was.

Could both sides have done things differently? Yes. But I don't think its fair to place blame on either side.
Normally, I would side with db-r on something like this, after having spent 5+ years in retail and dealing with customers. However I don't think you read the OP very well fauee. db-r had the amp for over a month before even opening it up. Then cust. gets back to him 8 days later for a status update, is told "sometime next week". After 7 more days, cust. politely stands his ground( as he should have), and is told not be pushy?!? IMHO, this is a fail on the part of db-r, and looking at the CS log, cust. had more patience than I would have.

Edit: also, if you look closely, db-r is the one who called the amp a d-5, the cust. originally states that it is a "d5000.1"
generalkorrd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #24
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 109

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 115 db-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enoughdb-r will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

Yeah, at least I admit I am not the nicest, I could have been nicer to him, and I do know this, but as one person asked about this being a niche market and whether politeness, etc are disregarded, it's not completley like that, but in a lot of ways yes it is like that in this particular market, I've been doing it for almost 7 years now, almost an entire decade.... There are plenty of places that do amp repair, but 90% of them don't do it right, hence the cheap price.... I really can't put everything out there that I want to, I would probably end up with a "price on my head" for exposing things about the other shops. Best thing to do before you use an amp repair shop is to ask around before you use them. Relying on which shop comes up top on google ads or has the "nicest" web page won't cut it. Read reviews. Like this one. Unfortunately -1 for dB-r but there's 1000+ good reviews if you google around, so it's "ok" in my book to an extent that we have a couple bad reviews. At least I get to respond, it's what I love about the internet....
db-r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011   #25
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
8675309's Avatar
 
DIYMA Enthusiast
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: south
Posts: 1,525

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 152 8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice8675309 is just really nice


iTrader: (27)



Default Re: Warning: db-R customer service

db-R quote is

Time frame will be about 2 weeks.

The guy asked for updates and was not pushy. He was up front and told you that he did not want to wait 3-4 months. You gave the customer false information, then you beat on your chest when he called you out!

Let’s say your business computer system crashed and Dell told you 2 hours to get it up and 3-4 days later you still have no system. When you say something to Dell about the 2 hour’s, Dell says don’t get pushy and just walks out! Would you think that company is worthless?



Quote:
Originally Posted by db-r View Post
Our rep is very stellar, where did you find something bad? Did you read it all the way through?

We are not interested in dealing with companies that insist that we kiss but. Yes we do mostly work for OEM's. Yes I SHOULD hire someone to do the CS because I am not the most "nice" guy around, but problem is my techs here are way worse than I am about handling the CS, so I would have to find someone who is intentionally extra nice, just hard to find that in Texas, maybe I need to import someone. LMAO.

Anyway, sorry if this ruffled some feathers, I don't care what anyone says, I know what really goes on here, and with my customers, and it's not bad at all, I think I only had one other customer in the past that tried to "post a bunch of bs online to make dB-r look bad" and you can find that post with google, but if you read it, you will see in the end, he agreed he was wrong, I was right. He even called me like 3 months later out of the blue and apologized to me. I don't screw people over here, sometimes the things I have to say about a customers amp isn't what they want to hear, but dude, I am just being honest.

If you don't know anything about dB-r and this is the first you have heard of us and have any doubts, just google dB-r Electronics. You can decide for yourself whether we do good work and have good CS, this ONE post here on DIYMA is an isolated incident. Not attempting to save face, just sayin....

And after all, I didn't just stuff his amp back in a box and ship it back to him without at least warning him first. Everyone has their rules, and mine is don't be pushy, we won't tolerate it. We do want the business, but we will not stand for customers being pushy. As I tried to make it clear before, we do good work, and that's the end of it. I really don't want to grow the business anymore than it already is, don't want to deal with the big OEM's trust me we have, and we had problems with them, like they never paid, and they take 5-10 days to call you back, etc. We got plenty of small upstarts that have great products and great CS that we deal with and we prefer to keep it that way.

And yeah, TIPS is great, but they are not the type of shop I am talking about, some of the large OEM's use the OTHER shops, and I am sure if you could get one of their reps (from the large OEM) to tell you the truth, the reason they don't use dB-r and choose to go with those other shops is NOT because of my way of doing business, it's because dB-r is too expensive. We are the most expensive repair shop. I can't name names, so don't PM me asking me which OEM's, but lets just say they are HUGE and they did not do us right, and on top of that they expressed that we are twice as expensive as the other shops they use, even though they know that shop sucks, they use them anyway because they simply cannot afford dB-r.

We recently dropped an OEM because their products are horribly unreliable, bad designs. Again, cannot name names. Anyone here who may know us well, knows which OEM we dropped.
8675309 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
First name
Last name
Do you work in the 12 Volt industry?
Do you work in the 12 Volt industry?
Youtube Channel
Enter Your Youtube Username, And It will Be Linked To In Your Posts!
12V Industry - Company Name
Your company name.
12V Industry - Your Position
Your position in your company.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Ad Management by RedTyger

Home | User CP | Members List | New Posts | ITrader | Faq | Post Spy