DEX-P99RS Ongoing Review and Discoveries - Page 23 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014   #551

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Edmg4889 will become famous soon enoughEdmg4889 will become famous soon enoughEdmg4889 will become famous soon enoughEdmg4889 will become famous soon enoughEdmg4889 will become famous soon enoughEdmg4889 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: DEX-P99RS Ongoing Review and Discoveries

I use the aux2 on the rear with a BUS to rca adapter and it sounds pretty decent... Not as good as the ipod input though...
Edmg4889 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2014   #552

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 133 Konnan101 will become famous soon enoughKonnan101 will become famous soon enoughKonnan101 will become famous soon enoughKonnan101 will become famous soon enoughKonnan101 will become famous soon enoughKonnan101 will become famous soon enough

That is what I am using right now, and yea it does sound pretty decent. You think it would be pretty easy for them to do a firmware update to use that USB for android devices.

Pioneer DEX-P99RS, Scan-speak D3004 tweeters, seas nextel 7" midwoofers, elemental designs e12a sub. Zed Audio Leviathan III...1995 Lexus SC400
Konnan101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2014   #553

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Edmg4889 will become famous soon enoughEdmg4889 will become famous soon enoughEdmg4889 will become famous soon enoughEdmg4889 will become famous soon enoughEdmg4889 will become famous soon enoughEdmg4889 will become famous soon enough

They could probably integrate Android if they wanted to, but I wouldn't hold my breath... Their new NEX units have android capability, but the P99RS , I think, is a niche product designed to do a few things very well.. I don't think they will do android .. Of course, I could be wrong...
Edmg4889 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014   #554

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 beehiveramesh will become famous soon enoughbeehiveramesh will become famous soon enoughbeehiveramesh will become famous soon enoughbeehiveramesh will become famous soon enoughbeehiveramesh will become famous soon enoughbeehiveramesh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti1960 View Post
clean the contacts w/ alcohol.

my volume control started "intermittently" not working. i'll have to try contact cleaning again. guys into vintage home audio swear by this contact cleaner called "de-oxit". i may give that a try.

I have a situation: When I turn up the volume, the volume decreases and I have turn it up several times to bring the volume up. However, this function works fine with a remote. Is this the "intermittently" not working situation that you face ?
beehiveramesh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2014   #555
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 110 derickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enough

I wish somebody knows how I could install my P99 having the boddy hidden in the glove compartment and the Face of the Head Unit detached.

Any body?

Thanks

D.

My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
Mercedes Benz CLA 250, Pioneer P-99, IDQ12d4v3 Subwoofer, ... ID min Horns, 6.5" Midbass!
derickveliz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2014   #556
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 126 slade1274 will become famous soon enoughslade1274 will become famous soon enoughslade1274 will become famous soon enoughslade1274 will become famous soon enoughslade1274 will become famous soon enoughslade1274 will become famous soon enough

..... and want it to work?

What, like a "wired remote" that is the face plate?

build log 08 BMW 135i
slade1274 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2014   #557
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 110 derickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by slade1274 View Post
..... and want it to work?

What, like a "wired remote" that is the face plate?

YES!

D.

Mercedes Benz CLA 250, Pioneer P-99, IDQ12d4v3 Subwoofer, ... ID min Horns, 6.5" Midbass!
Old 06-02-2014   #558
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

I still would like to use the remote and have the Face be attached somewhere in the dash.

D.

Old 06-02-2014   #559
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 162 BigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by derickveliz View Post
I still would like to use the remote and have the Face be attached somewhere in the dash.

D.
like this?

p99 rear view mirror.jpg

Team Zapco
"once you go floor, you'll never go door"
"I can easily make the most expensive car stereo system sound like junk in less than 30 seconds"
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2014   #560
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
like this?

Attachment 53767
Wow!

That is nice! Yes!

I'll be good if I can just get the Face with an extension to the HU!

I'm jealous.

D.

Old 06-02-2014   #561
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 162 BigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by derickveliz View Post
Wow!

That is nice! Yes!

I'll be good if I can just get the Face with an extension to the HU!

I'm jealous.

D.

That unit is just the face and it controls the system. No CD player it's offered outside of the us

Team Zapco
"once you go floor, you'll never go door"
"I can easily make the most expensive car stereo system sound like junk in less than 30 seconds"
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2014   #562

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 106 gfbl will become famous soon enoughgfbl will become famous soon enoughgfbl will become famous soon enoughgfbl will become famous soon enoughgfbl will become famous soon enoughgfbl will become famous soon enough

i know ive seen it on this thread but search yielded too many results for usb. Whats the largest sized usb in terms of memory will the deh-01 accomadate?Thanks.
gfbl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2014   #563

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 99 82801BA will become famous soon enough82801BA will become famous soon enough82801BA will become famous soon enough82801BA will become famous soon enough82801BA will become famous soon enough82801BA will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfbl View Post
i know ive seen it on this thread but search yielded too many results for usb. Whats the largest sized usb in terms of memory will the deh-01 accomadate?Thanks.
I've tried 64GB with FAT32 on P99RS but USB will drop and throw an error-19 once in a while and requires a complete shut down. So I say 32GB is the safest.
82801BA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2014   #564

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 106 gfbl will become famous soon enoughgfbl will become famous soon enoughgfbl will become famous soon enoughgfbl will become famous soon enoughgfbl will become famous soon enoughgfbl will become famous soon enough

ahh thanks a mil, two 32gb usbs should be more than adequate then
Old 06-27-2014   #565

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 skyven will become famous soon enoughskyven will become famous soon enoughskyven will become famous soon enoughskyven will become famous soon enoughskyven will become famous soon enoughskyven will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk2020 View Post
Can anyone confirm that iPod or iPhone can playback gapless through the DEX-P99RS? Both Apple Lossless and lossy MP3 and AAC?

What about files stored on USB? I assume MP3 and AAC will not play gaplessly. But WAV?
P99rs does play gapless track mp3,m4a, other supported format with my iphone5s ios 7.1.1

Cheers
skyven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2014   #566

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 skyven will become famous soon enoughskyven will become famous soon enoughskyven will become famous soon enoughskyven will become famous soon enoughskyven will become famous soon enoughskyven will become famous soon enough

Does any body here experience p99rs alone or p99rs with external arc ps8 processor differences of Stage wide/height/depth , separation, tonality, imaging, resolution, layering, etc improvement or loosing in term of sound quality.

Thanks.
Old 06-28-2014   #567
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 111 narvarr will become famous soon enoughnarvarr will become famous soon enoughnarvarr will become famous soon enoughnarvarr will become famous soon enoughnarvarr will become famous soon enoughnarvarr will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to narvarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyven View Post
Does any body here experience p99rs alone or p99rs with external arc ps8 processor differences of Stage wide/height/depth , separation, tonality, imaging, resolution, layering, etc improvement or loosing in term of sound quality.

Thanks.
Are you looking to use the P99 with the PS8 or are you looking to replace the P99 with the PS8?

Sent from my C6806 using Tapatalk

MECA 2012 ModStreet Texas State Champion
MECA 2013 Modified Texas State Champ
'06 Mazda Tribute- Carrozzeria, Helix, Hybrid Audio, ScanSpeak, Steg, JL Audio

'06 mini Cooper S- Planning Phase.
narvarr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2014   #568

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by narvarr View Post
Are you looking to use the P99 with the PS8 or are you looking to replace the P99 with the PS8?

I mention Using p99 hu + arc ps8 vs only p99 in term sound quality diff
Old 06-28-2014   #569
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 111 narvarr will become famous soon enoughnarvarr will become famous soon enoughnarvarr will become famous soon enoughnarvarr will become famous soon enoughnarvarr will become famous soon enoughnarvarr will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to narvarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyven View Post
I mention Using p99 hu + arc ps8 vs only p99 in term sound quality diff
The P99 is probably one of the best transports out there right now. Paired up with a great external processor like the PS8 would be a killer setup. However, there are some PS8's out there with floor noise issues so be careful in that regard. I myself run the P01(JDM P99) with a Helix processor and couldn't see myself changing from that combo.

MECA 2012 ModStreet Texas State Champion
MECA 2013 Modified Texas State Champ
'06 Mazda Tribute- Carrozzeria, Helix, Hybrid Audio, ScanSpeak, Steg, JL Audio

'06 mini Cooper S- Planning Phase.
narvarr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2014   #570
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 48 HardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enough

Sorry I haven't read through this entire thread, but I have a quick question. I've never been a big fan of Pioneer HU's but this one may sway me.

Has anyone who is using one of these high-end Pioneer units, used an Eclipse CD7000/7200? How does the signal processing compare. I'm pretty happy with my CD7000, but I could be swayed.
HardCoreDore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2014   #571
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 138 casey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enough

on the 99, is there any way to recall a TA setting? I did not mess with the one I had on my tune, but went to "initial" and started messing with it, and it basically replaced my alignment that I did set up. I am dumb and did not write down my settings.

I love to overthink things.
2008 Civic Log: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...an-exodus.html
casey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2014   #572

DIYMA freshman

so i bought a deh-01 from a guy on the forum but it didnt have the piece to connect the rca's? he failed to mention that! any ideas where i can get it? Thanks a mil
Old 07-16-2014   #573

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 55 sszyma will become famous soon enoughsszyma will become famous soon enoughsszyma will become famous soon enoughsszyma will become famous soon enoughsszyma will become famous soon enoughsszyma will become famous soon enough

I actually have a spare I would be willing to sell. PM me.
sszyma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2014   #574

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 109 abusiveDAD will become famous soon enoughabusiveDAD will become famous soon enoughabusiveDAD will become famous soon enoughabusiveDAD will become famous soon enoughabusiveDAD will become famous soon enoughabusiveDAD will become famous soon enough

another option
PacParts: 950FGS8972
abusiveDAD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2014   #575

DIYMA freshman

thanks, sent a pm to sszyma so waiting to hear from him
Sponsored Links
Advertisement