DEX-P99RS Ongoing Review and Discoveries - Page 28 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2015   #676
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 236 quality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nice

Yes. It's the BT200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quality_sound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2015   #677

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Valsmere will become famous soon enoughValsmere will become famous soon enoughValsmere will become famous soon enoughValsmere will become famous soon enoughValsmere will become famous soon enoughValsmere will become famous soon enough

Default Re: DEX-P99RS Ongoing Review and Discoveries

Yeppers that's the Pioneer one I see every so often. Well I can always just bite the bullet and try it I know I have blown money on dumber things in my life!
Valsmere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2015   #678
DIYMA 500 Club

SQ Crazy

Rep Power: 113 Architect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enough

Do a WTB ad on here for the BT kit...eBay prices are ridiculously inflated because most are going to people with $$$ overseas. So for anyone who wants to ship ony domestic, the pricing is going to be much more realistic.

Architect7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015   #679

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Valsmere will become famous soon enoughValsmere will become famous soon enoughValsmere will become famous soon enoughValsmere will become famous soon enoughValsmere will become famous soon enoughValsmere will become famous soon enough

That's a good idea didn't think of it on account in not known on this message board. Some people are worried with doing business in that situation. I have bought stuff on tacomaworld.com but I don't have that many posts on here at all.
Valsmere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2015   #680
pjc
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 130 pjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by w35t_fg2 View Post
Anybody have one of these units for trade?

FT: GF, 5'4", brunette, 120lbs, D cup, willing to ship.
Cant believe no one isn't taking you up on this?!

Panny Bottlehead.... The rest... Who knows.
pjc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2015   #681

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 32 w35t_fg2 will become famous soon enoughw35t_fg2 will become famous soon enoughw35t_fg2 will become famous soon enoughw35t_fg2 will become famous soon enoughw35t_fg2 will become famous soon enoughw35t_fg2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjc View Post
Cant believe no one isn't taking you up on this?!
I'm sayin.
w35t_fg2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2015   #682
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 131 foreman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enough

Ah hell i'll bite. Shoot me some pics, if it works out i'll split the shipping with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w35t_fg2 View Post
I'm sayin.

Deck-DEX-P99Rs, Amp-Arc xdi v2 1200.6
Dash-Xtant XIS 2.4
Doors-Scan Rev's, sub SI Mag 4....
foreman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2015   #683

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 49 probillygun will become famous soon enoughprobillygun will become famous soon enoughprobillygun will become famous soon enoughprobillygun will become famous soon enoughprobillygun will become famous soon enoughprobillygun will become famous soon enough

I'll try posting here to see if anyone can offer help...

I bought a p99 used and I installed it 3 weeks ago and have been messing with it ever since cause my bass sounds terrible compared to what it used to be! I did notice a big improvement is SQ from my old Alpine 147 BT head unit, however I'm unsable to get my bass sounding tight, deep, and accurate, as it was before. It now sounds innaccurate and muddy to my ear.

I hit the reset button and setup the crossovers for 4 way fully active setup and I I have separate channels driving all speakers except the subs which the left and right RCA's go straight to my sub mono amp as they did before I had the p99.

I'm guessing maybe I dont have the time alignment correctly entered in???

So I measured all my actual speaker distances;

Left Right
Tweets: 36" 51"
Midrange: 43" 55"
Midbass: 54" 59"
Subs: 59" 59"

I set the left and right sub and right midbass to max setting of 155.39"
then I subtracted the differences between the 59" sub and rest of the drivers, and entered those #s into the p99.

Example;

I subtracted 23" from 155.39" for the left tweeter
I subtracted 8" from 155.39" for the right tweeter
I subtracted 16" from 155.39" for the left midrange
I subtracted 4" from 155.39" for the right midrange
I subtracted 5" from 155.39" for the left midbass
Right midbass was set to 155.39" same as the left and right subs.

entered those settings and the bass still sounds weak and muddy

Does anyone know what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help!
Billy
probillygun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2015   #684
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 137 casey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enough

the method you used may work but I think there may be some flaws in it. I would either use the actual distance in inches and plug each in, or take those distances and use the pioneer calculator here:

http://tracerite.com/calc.html

also, once you have the values in (they should be pretty damn close from my experience) you may want to mess with phase on the subs/midbass

I love to overthink things.
2008 Civic Log: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...an-exodus.html
casey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2015   #685

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 49 probillygun will become famous soon enoughprobillygun will become famous soon enoughprobillygun will become famous soon enoughprobillygun will become famous soon enoughprobillygun will become famous soon enoughprobillygun will become famous soon enough

thanks, that got me fixed up I think. My bass sound is "Correct" again but something is intermittent I think cause I notice sometimes its dull and thuddy sounding again....must be another issue somewhere, I'll keep troublehsooting....
probillygun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2015   #686

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 spent will become famous soon enoughspent will become famous soon enoughspent will become famous soon enoughspent will become famous soon enoughspent will become famous soon enoughspent will become famous soon enough

Is there a noticeable difference in the sound quality of the different music file formats? I don't have an Ipod and wanted to still get the best sounding music through the USB.

So, am I going to have to buy one now?

Thanks in advance!
spent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2015   #687
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 110 narvarr will become famous soon enoughnarvarr will become famous soon enoughnarvarr will become famous soon enoughnarvarr will become famous soon enoughnarvarr will become famous soon enoughnarvarr will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to narvarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by spent View Post
Is there a noticeable difference in the sound quality of the different music file formats? I don't have an Ipod and wanted to still get the best sounding music through the USB.

So, am I going to have to buy one now?

Thanks in advance!
The P99rs will play music from a portable hard drive as long as the music format is compatible. It takes a little longer to start but it a cheaper option.

MECA 2012 ModStreet Texas State Champion
MECA 2013 Modified Texas State Champ
'06 Mazda Tribute- Carrozzeria, Helix, Hybrid Audio, ScanSpeak, Steg, JL Audio

'06 mini Cooper S- Planning Phase.
narvarr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2015   #688
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 236 quality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nice

But as far as better sounding, no. The P99 extracts music from the iPod digitally so as long as the file quality is the same as what is on a HDD then it'll sound the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-12-2015   #689

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 spent will become famous soon enoughspent will become famous soon enoughspent will become famous soon enoughspent will become famous soon enoughspent will become famous soon enoughspent will become famous soon enough

Anyone running 3 way components up front with rears and a sub(s)? I am thinking of doing this and wondered if anyone had experience with this and what they thought of the sound.
spent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2015   #690

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 96 aznlunatic will become famous soon enoughaznlunatic will become famous soon enoughaznlunatic will become famous soon enoughaznlunatic will become famous soon enoughaznlunatic will become famous soon enoughaznlunatic will become famous soon enough

Just got my p99rs in the mail today and immediately installed the head unit, so far this thing is amazing. Going to run the auto eq and t/a to get a base line and tune from there. I do have one question for you p99rs owners, I notice the background color on the screen switches from a black background to a white bbackground every so often and it keeps switching, is there a way to just keep the screen black?

Pioneer DEX-P99RS, Stereo Integrity TM65, NVX XSPTW Tweeter (Soon to be Stereo Integrity M25's), 2 - Stereo Integrity BM MKIV subwoofer, Arc Audio XDi 1200.6
aznlunatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2015   #691
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznlunatic View Post
Just got my p99rs in the mail today and immediately installed the head unit, so far this thing is amazing. Going to run the auto eq and t/a to get a base line and tune from there. I do have one question for you p99rs owners, I notice the background color on the screen switches from a black background to a white bbackground every so often and it keeps switching, is there a way to just keep the screen black?
RTFM! Seriously, it's in the manual. It's demo mode. Turn the P99 off with the car on and hold down the menu button. Then cycle through to that settign and turn it off.

Old 02-12-2015   #692

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 96 aznlunatic will become famous soon enoughaznlunatic will become famous soon enoughaznlunatic will become famous soon enoughaznlunatic will become famous soon enoughaznlunatic will become famous soon enoughaznlunatic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
RTFM! Seriously, it's in the manual. It's demo mode. Turn the P99 off with the car on and hold down the menu button. Then cycle through to that settign and turn it off.
Well it didn't come with a manual from the seller on this forum and I ran out of time before work to look it up real quick which is the reason why I posted the question. I haven't had a chance to read the entire manual yet, but thanks for telling me how to turn off demo mode

Pioneer DEX-P99RS, Stereo Integrity TM65, NVX XSPTW Tweeter (Soon to be Stereo Integrity M25's), 2 - Stereo Integrity BM MKIV subwoofer, Arc Audio XDi 1200.6

Last edited by aznlunatic; 02-12-2015 at 09:19 PM..
Old 02-12-2015   #693

DIYMA freshman

Well I scrolled through the menu function while the unit was off and there is no demo setting, looked in the manual and it does not mention a single word about demo mode. Any help?

EDIT: it's not demo mode, its reverse mode in the settings menu. Finally figured it out

Last edited by aznlunatic; 02-12-2015 at 09:19 PM..
Old 02-13-2015   #694
DIYMA 500 Club

SQ Crazy

Rep Power: 113 Architect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enough

Yep Reverse Mode, I freaking hate that mode!

Architect7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2015   #695
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 66 Elektra is on a distinguished roadElektra is on a distinguished roadElektra is on a distinguished roadElektra is on a distinguished roadElektra is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys

Just a question here.. Can the P99 run 2 different sub setups on the 2 mono sub outputs? Could the P90dsp do this? I would like to run a sub upfront and in the rear? Is this possible?

Thanks for help...
Elektra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2015   #696
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 296 Hanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond repute

2 subwoofer outputs are different channels so yes, you can do different setups.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

# In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act # (George Orwell)

- Build Thread 1, Mercedes-Benz E 320T (2000) -

- Build Thread 2, VW Passat 1.8T (2000) -
Hanatsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2015   #697
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 66 Elektra is on a distinguished roadElektra is on a distinguished roadElektra is on a distinguished roadElektra is on a distinguished roadElektra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatsu View Post
2 subwoofer outputs are different channels so yes, you can do different setups.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
Thanks for coming back to me

Is this true For the p90 DSP as well?
Elektra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2015   #698

DIYMA freshman

Took today off work because it's been pretty slow. So I spent the day tweaking the settings on my p99. I did auto TA and EQ to get a baseline mainly for time alignment. First thing I noticed right off bat was how blown out the midbass was, soo much midbass I ended turning auto EQ off and while that lowered the output volume a little it sounded so much better with a flat eq. Just need some ideas on how you guys adjusted eq? Do most people leave it somewhat flat or put it on a RTA and smooth out everything? I tweaked the time alignment a little bit to center the highs a bit because I could pin point some vocals from the right side. I tried the time Alignment using noise tracks and I had a hard time with that noticing the noise change when I had the 80prs

Old 02-20-2015   #699

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 98 82801BA will become famous soon enough82801BA will become famous soon enough82801BA will become famous soon enough82801BA will become famous soon enough82801BA will become famous soon enough82801BA will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Took today off work because it's been pretty slow. So I spent the day tweaking the settings on my p99. I did auto TA and EQ to get a baseline mainly for time alignment. First thing I noticed right off bat was how blown out the midbass was, soo much midbass I ended turning auto EQ off and while that lowered the output volume a little it sounded so much better with a flat eq. Just need some ideas on how you guys adjusted eq? Do most people leave it somewhat flat or put it on a RTA and smooth out everything? I tweaked the time alignment a little bit to center the highs a bit because I could pin point some vocals from the right side. I tried the time Alignment using noise tracks and I had a hard time with that noticing the noise change when I had the 80prs
I use time alignment and then L/R EQ. In my setup, some bands have up to 10dB difference between left and right (-5/+5). After initial L/R EQ, I use my ears with vocals to tweak other frequencies. My EQ is no where near flat at all, but it sounds good to me.

DEX-P99RS (Hi/Mid)->PRS-A900->Dynaudio MD102/MW160GT
Sub->Alpine MRD-M300->Dynaudio MW190
82801BA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2015   #700
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 319 gijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Time alignment won't do as much for the higher frequencies. If you want to get the treble centered you need to level match the right and left. You can control each channel individually, so adjust the levels so that your image in centered.

2005 Subaru Impreza RS:
Pioneer P99RS / Alpine PDX-V9 and PDX-F4 / Melodic Acoustic Euphoria 6.5 / Pioneer Stage 4 midrange / LPG / 2x AE SBP 15
gijoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement