LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012   #476
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 75 ISTundra will become famous soon enoughISTundra will become famous soon enoughISTundra will become famous soon enoughISTundra will become famous soon enoughISTundra will become famous soon enoughISTundra will become famous soon enough

Default re: 6-7" Midrange/Midbass Subjective Listening Shootout - Dyn/HAT/Scan/AT/Focal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebur3 View Post
Erin - Which drivers did you want me to send you for klippel testing afterward? I know the 18 sound are supposed to be sent your way (and maybe others if I look through posts/pm's).

Everyone who sent in drivers - who wants me to send your drivers to Erin first for Klippel testing before having them returned to you? Obviously the Seas and JBL were just done. Anyone else????!?????
Send my drivers back to me please. I sent the Stage 4's to Erin for testing before the shootout and I know he's tested the Illum's before. Shoot me a pm when they're ready to and I'll forward my address and some shipping $$$.
ISTundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #477

... Squirrel!!!...

Rep Power: 440 bikinpunk has a reputation beyond reputebikinpunk has a reputation beyond reputebikinpunk has a reputation beyond reputebikinpunk has a reputation beyond reputebikinpunk has a reputation beyond reputebikinpunk has a reputation beyond reputebikinpunk has a reputation beyond reputebikinpunk has a reputation beyond reputebikinpunk has a reputation beyond reputebikinpunk has a reputation beyond reputebikinpunk has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to bikinpunk

^ yea. I wasnt able to get to them in time and had to send them on to Jerry.

Testing stuff isn't as time permissive as I wish it were. On top of all that, my PC died via a lightning storm and it'll be sometime before I'm able to get up and running again. I just hope the HDD made it.

Follow my blog:
http://medleysmusings.com/

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
bikinpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #478
DIYMA 500 Club

Soundbender

Rep Power: 107 highly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via MSN to highly Send a message via Yahoo to highly

Default re: 6-7" Midrange/Midbass Subjective Listening Shootout - Dyn/HAT/Scan/AT/Focal

Vifa NE's come back to me. They've been tested, posted, discussed and recommended

Honestly should have had each person to touch them sign the cones. Since I've owned them they've spent more time away in the hands of others than at home with me! Those hussies...

2011-2013 MECA Oklahoma State Champion Extreme SQ
2010 MECA Oklahoma State Champion Modified SQ
2011 MECA World Champion Extreme SQ
2013 MECA Extreme SQ, 2nd

...the end
highly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #479
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 75 ISTundra will become famous soon enoughISTundra will become famous soon enoughISTundra will become famous soon enoughISTundra will become famous soon enoughISTundra will become famous soon enoughISTundra will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
^ yea. I wasnt able to get to them in time and had to send them on to Jerry.

Testing stuff isn't as time permissive as I wish it were. On top of all that, my PC died via a lightning storm and it'll be sometime before I'm able to get up and running again. I just hope the HDD made it.
Oh, thought you tested them. You want them back?
Old 09-11-2012   #480

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 70 nar93da will become famous soon enoughnar93da will become famous soon enoughnar93da will become famous soon enoughnar93da will become famous soon enoughnar93da will become famous soon enoughnar93da will become famous soon enoughnar93da will become famous soon enough

I think the Anarchy's have been tested already so I'll take them back I suppose. Unless Erin says otherwise?

Jerry, I'll get you some money here shortly for return shipping.
nar93da is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #481
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 99 Niebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the rough

^^^Thanks! Appreciate it!
Niebur3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #482

... Squirrel!!!...

Rep Power: 440 bikinpunk has a reputation beyond reputebikinpunk has a reputation beyond reputebikinpunk has a reputation beyond reputebikinpunk has a reputation beyond reputebikinpunk has a reputation beyond reputebikinpunk has a reputation beyond reputebikinpunk has a reputation beyond reputebikinpunk has a reputation beyond reputebikinpunk has a reputation beyond reputebikinpunk has a reputation beyond reputebikinpunk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm willing to test whatever you guys want to send my way but please understand that right now I have no means of testing and I probably won't be testing anything until mid-October... at the earliest. We've (my family and my job) have a lot going on the next month and a half and I don't want to tie myself down to a deadline because I know you guys would be waiting on me.

That said, if you're OK with that, then bring it on!

Follow my blog:

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 09-11-2012   #483
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

I'm rollin' without midbass in one of my cars at the moment so I'll take mine back now and can send back them out down the road when you're in test mode again.
Old 09-11-2012   #484

... Squirrel!!!...

That sounds great, man. I appreciate the offer.

I wanted to test as many as I could but the stars just aren't lining up right now. Things got busy way fast here.

Follow my blog:

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 09-13-2012   #485

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 38 BlackCSVT will become famous soon enoughBlackCSVT will become famous soon enoughBlackCSVT will become famous soon enoughBlackCSVT will become famous soon enoughBlackCSVT will become famous soon enoughBlackCSVT will become famous soon enough

Can these threads be stickied at the top of the page?
BlackCSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012   #486
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 119 bbfoto will become famous soon enoughbbfoto will become famous soon enoughbbfoto will become famous soon enoughbbfoto will become famous soon enoughbbfoto will become famous soon enoughbbfoto will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCSVT View Post
Can these threads be stickied at the top of the page?
Optionally, you can click on "My Threads" when you are logged in and it will show all of the threads you are active in, or use the "Thread Tools" link to "Subscribe" to any thread you want, whether you have posted in it or not.
bbfoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012   #487
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 99 Niebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the roughNiebur3 is a jewel in the rough

All Speakers/Equipment are on the way to their respective owners! Thanks again for the use and hope all arrive safe and sound! (only took me about 6 hours to pack and ship everything...lol)
Old 09-13-2012   #488

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 38 BlackCSVT will become famous soon enoughBlackCSVT will become famous soon enoughBlackCSVT will become famous soon enoughBlackCSVT will become famous soon enoughBlackCSVT will become famous soon enoughBlackCSVT will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfoto View Post
Optionally, you can click on "My Threads" when you are logged in and it will show all of the threads you are active in, or use the "Thread Tools" link to "Subscribe" to any thread you want, whether you have posted in it or not.
This wasn't for me, as I already have this thread subscribed. I was thinking more about the people trying to search for this information in the future.
BlackCSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012   #489
DIYMA 500 Club

That's what she said.

Rep Power: 77 adrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond repute

If they want good sound, they'll run into it eventually.

Humph umph tsk tsk hump umph tsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkZ View Post
It's not Tchaikovsky. But it's still music that people like and that people want to listen to. Therefore, the goal is to meet that demand. When you let your audio system dictate the music you listen to, you've lost.
adrenalinejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #490
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Position:
Owner

Update.....I've sent 5 days typing the report, pretty much finished and then Word hung up and a glitch caused all of the writing in certain text boxes to disappear. You can still see the text when you look to open recent documents, but not when the document actually opens. I was on with tech support at Microsoft for almost 3 hours, hoping they could somehow access one of the million saves I did, but they can't. I now get to start over from scratch.
Old 09-17-2012   #491

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 70 jpswanberg will become famous soon enoughjpswanberg will become famous soon enoughjpswanberg will become famous soon enoughjpswanberg will become famous soon enoughjpswanberg will become famous soon enoughjpswanberg will become famous soon enough

That really sucks. I appreciate all of your hard work with testing all the speakers. While we are all waiting anxiously for your listening notes, we all understand how fickle computers are. JPS
jpswanberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #492
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Position:
Owner

I going to go throw up and then slit my wrists....taking the results to the grave.
Old 09-17-2012   #493
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 73 james2266 will become famous soon enoughjames2266 will become famous soon enoughjames2266 will become famous soon enoughjames2266 will become famous soon enoughjames2266 will become famous soon enoughjames2266 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpswanberg View Post
That really sucks. I appreciate all of your hard work with testing all the speakers. While we are all waiting anxiously for your listening notes, we all understand how fickle computers are. JPS

Um, yeah, what he said. Seriously tho, that really blows and I hope you can find a way to not have to start over from scratch at least.

If you could give us all some kind of hint as to who did well that would probably appease the masses a little too. I am very interested in your opinion of which of these drivers would be best in a strict midbass application myself. Seems I am going to have to do something sooner than I anticipated here as it looks like my driver's side has some serious issues. I was doing some tuning and could absolutely not get them to center up at all. I tested with TruRTA today and found that the driver's midbass is 5 db lower output than the passenger now. Somedays, I really hate car audio as a hobby. I was so ticked I didn't look any further. When I get time, I will check the connections at the speakers. Hopefully that is all it is.
james2266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #494
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 77 Bluenote will become famous soon enoughBluenote will become famous soon enoughBluenote will become famous soon enoughBluenote will become famous soon enoughBluenote will become famous soon enoughBluenote will become famous soon enough

LOL hella funny!!! MS Word has an app called GraveWare...you can do updates on files from the NetherWorld.

The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice...

RD Lainge
Bluenote is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #495
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 71 kizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enough

totally sucks balls...but don't slit your wrists, who am I going to beat in fantasy football?

kizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #496
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 112 fish will become famous soon enoughfish will become famous soon enoughfish will become famous soon enoughfish will become famous soon enoughfish will become famous soon enoughfish will become famous soon enough

Fucking computers!!!

Sorry to hear this Jerry. Everything you're doing is greatly appreciated.

P01 - HD600/4(2) - HD750/1 - Integra 402 - 10BR60V2 - IB15A(2)
fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #497
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Position:
Owner

What sucks the worst, is when Word shows a preview of the document, all the writing is there.....but when I open it, it is blank! It is f*king taunting me!
Old 09-17-2012   #498
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 71 kizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enough

there HAS to be a way to get at it. there has to be a computer genius in omaha somewhere that can help.

kizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #499
DIYMA 500 Club

That's what she said.

Rep Power: 77 adrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta' love Microsoft. Maybe you can try calling Microsoft again and hope to get a different tech. (I'm sure you will techs are everywhere.) Some techs know more then others so maybe it's worth to do another attempt, you don't have an easy task.

Humph umph tsk tsk hump umph tsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkZ View Post
It's not Tchaikovsky. But it's still music that people like and that people want to listen to. Therefore, the goal is to meet that demand. When you let your audio system dictate the music you listen to, you've lost.
adrenalinejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #500
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Auto Design
Position:
Installer

Rep Power: 67 SkizeR will become famous soon enoughSkizeR will become famous soon enoughSkizeR will become famous soon enoughSkizeR will become famous soon enoughSkizeR will become famous soon enoughSkizeR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebur3 View Post
What sucks the worst, is when Word shows a preview of the document, all the writing is there.....but when I open it, it is blank! It is f*king taunting me!
take a close up, high-res photo... scan.. paste? would that work or is the image to small

Build In Progress <<-click ...
1990 Nissan 300zx

PM ME FOR A SYSTEM DIAGRAM FOR YOUR SIG
SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote