JBL MS-62c First impressions. These surprised the hell out of me! - Page 34 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2015   #826

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 73 NonSenCe will become famous soon enoughNonSenCe will become famous soon enoughNonSenCe will become famous soon enoughNonSenCe will become famous soon enoughNonSenCe will become famous soon enoughNonSenCe will become famous soon enough

Default Re: JBL MS-62c First impressions. These surprised the hell out of me!

just wondering if i should order the ms-52c set i found for sale, a brand new set.

the store is only asking about 90usd for the set. (emptying shelves of old stuff i think)

and i wonder if they are worth the purchase for that price. or is there something better available in that 5.25" size nowdays for the same price they ask of these?

i dont need-need them per ce at the moment. but i am thinking about getting them, "just in case", just to sit in my shelf for possible future need. i just dont have any speakers in that size (5.25") stored away.

i could wait till actual need and then buy just any 100usd set then, but wondering if i will get any real better value Speaker set then in year 2016-2017 than i could get now with the discounted ms52c.

-all of the music i hear in my car at the moment, is just the music playing inside my head-
NonSenCe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2015   #827

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 71 pjf1fan will become famous soon enoughpjf1fan will become famous soon enoughpjf1fan will become famous soon enoughpjf1fan will become famous soon enoughpjf1fan will become famous soon enoughpjf1fan will become famous soon enough

I own the MS52 set and I tell you for under $100, you will not likely find a better sounding set. The mids are clear, cleaner than my Hertz HSK set and the tweeters are very adjustable and super detailed. Don't miss out.
pjf1fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2015   #828

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Jeffdachef will become famous soon enoughJeffdachef will become famous soon enoughJeffdachef will become famous soon enoughJeffdachef will become famous soon enoughJeffdachef will become famous soon enoughJeffdachef will become famous soon enough

The sound on my ms62c set is very smooth but their tinsel leads fail quite often and their volume output isnt the best either. On another Car audio forum, i've seen 3 other cases of the tinsel leads failing. These things just pump out too much lower midbass i guess.
Jeffdachef is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2015   #829

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 47 djPerfectTrip will become famous soon enoughdjPerfectTrip will become famous soon enoughdjPerfectTrip will become famous soon enoughdjPerfectTrip will become famous soon enoughdjPerfectTrip will become famous soon enoughdjPerfectTrip will become famous soon enough

I've had these for a couple years now and have enjoyed them thoroughly. I am now looking to upgrade though just because. Any suggestions?
djPerfectTrip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2015   #830

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 43 WhiteKnite will become famous soon enoughWhiteKnite will become famous soon enoughWhiteKnite will become famous soon enoughWhiteKnite will become famous soon enoughWhiteKnite will become famous soon enoughWhiteKnite will become famous soon enough

The cone on mine split from the spider after a few weeks of having them, so it seems they had some major durability issues. I did like their sound though. I sold them with my old Car and I'm putting Silver Flutes and NVX XSPTWs in my new car. Anyone have experience with both the MS62's and the Silver Flutes that could compare for me? I'd like to know what to expect.
WhiteKnite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2016   #831

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 stickshiftchevy will become famous soon enoughstickshiftchevy will become famous soon enoughstickshiftchevy will become famous soon enoughstickshiftchevy will become famous soon enoughstickshiftchevy will become famous soon enoughstickshiftchevy will become famous soon enough

Id like to know as well if anybody has heard both the the Silver Flutes and MS 62c or MS52c
stickshiftchevy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2016   #832

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
A1 Tech Solutions
Position:
Owner/Field Service Tech

Rep Power: 45 Anamolydetected will become famous soon enoughAnamolydetected will become famous soon enoughAnamolydetected will become famous soon enoughAnamolydetected will become famous soon enoughAnamolydetected will become famous soon enoughAnamolydetected will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickshiftchevy View Post
Id like to know as well if anybody has heard both the the Silver Flutes and MS 62c or MS52c
Bump for an answer to this question.. I recently snagged a used set of ms-62c (with NIB matching tweeters), and contemplating silver flutes due to the never-ending praise they've gotten.

Last edited by Anamolydetected; 06-04-2016 at 01:08 PM.. Reason: Not that I'm dissatisfied with the JBL mids... just want to know for future builds :D
Anamolydetected is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2016   #833

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 51 AStephan will become famous soon enoughAStephan will become famous soon enoughAStephan will become famous soon enoughAStephan will become famous soon enoughAStephan will become famous soon enoughAStephan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anamolydetected View Post
Bump for an answer to this question.. I recently snagged a used set of ms-62c (with NIB matching tweeters), and contemplating silver flutes due to the never-ending praise they've gotten.
I've used both the MS-62c, and the Silver Flute 5.5's, I think the SF mids are in a different league sound quality wise and with Power handling. I ran 150 watts to each SF mid and they sounded amazing, smooth and detailed.
AStephan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2016   #834

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
A1 Tech Solutions
Position:
Owner/Field Service Tech

Rep Power: 45 Anamolydetected will become famous soon enoughAnamolydetected will become famous soon enoughAnamolydetected will become famous soon enoughAnamolydetected will become famous soon enoughAnamolydetected will become famous soon enoughAnamolydetected will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the quick reply! Well dang.. my upgrade fever or "sidestepping" might have to continue, lol.

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2016   #835

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 71 pjf1fan will become famous soon enoughpjf1fan will become famous soon enoughpjf1fan will become famous soon enoughpjf1fan will become famous soon enoughpjf1fan will become famous soon enoughpjf1fan will become famous soon enough

Would it be a good idea to substitute the JBL MS woofer for a Silver Flute brand from Madisound? I'm looking for more Power handling, more mid-bass punch.
Old 06-05-2016   #836

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
A1 Tech Solutions
Position:
Owner/Field Service Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjf1fan View Post
Would it be a good idea to substitute the JBL MS woofer for a Silver Flute brand from Madisound? I'm looking for more Power handling, more mid-bass punch.
That question JUST got answered in this thread ^^

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2016   #837

DIYMA freshman

I'm looking for perhaps more than one person's opinion. I guess the low cost of Silver Flute brand speakers makes this test very feasible. I'll chime back with feedback once I get a pair of them to install.
Old 06-13-2016   #838

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
A1 Tech Solutions
Position:
Owner/Field Service Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjf1fan View Post
I'm looking for perhaps more than one person's opinion. I guess the low cost of Silver Flute brand speakers makes this test very feasible. I'll chime back with feedback once I get a pair of them to install.
Oh right on! Yeah, more opinions of this particular mids swap would be cool to hear. Hope for an update from you pjf1fan. Thanks.

Last edited by Anamolydetected; 06-13-2016 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: phones...errr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement