JBL MS-62c First impressions. These surprised the hell out of me! - Page 8 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012   #176
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 157 rexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: JBL MS-62c First impressions. These surprised the hell out of me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDT FAN View Post
How about if you mix and match the x-overs and tweeters? j/k
hahahahaha!
rexroadj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012   #177
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 278 subwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDT FAN View Post
How about if you mix and match the x-overs and tweeters? j/k
Would probably nullify everthing since the Xover point on the passive is so low

Kelvin

Lycan
Quote:
I'll repeat it for the miliionth time : All amps do NOT sound the same ... It's astonishing to me that nobody understands this
Who knows, some might understand now
and here's another one and another <-- click on the links
subwoofery is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012   #178
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 107 kizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enough

what is the xover point on the passives?

Alpine HU, Alpine H800
Sinfoni Solo AD-LIB powering Sinfoni Eroico M series
Arc Audio XDI 1100.1 powering IDMAX 12

Car...sounds...awesome!!!
kizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012   #179
DIYMA 500 Club

DRKNESS

Rep Power: 126 Coppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of light

I have ordered a set and will give my review if and when I am healed enough to install them.

(2.5GT) Limited Legacy / Alpine INA-W910 /Audison APK-165....

JL Audio 12TW3-D4 FOR Sale with grill.
Clarion NX706 for sale
Coppertone is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012   #180
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 278 subwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizz View Post
what is the xover point on the passives?
Knowing JBL, closer to 2.5kHz

Kelvin

Lycan
Quote:
I'll repeat it for the miliionth time : All amps do NOT sound the same ... It's astonishing to me that nobody understands this
Who knows, some might understand now
and here's another one and another <-- click on the links
subwoofery is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012   #181
DIYMA 500 Club

Vibrandt, Inc.

Rep Power: 150 chithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppertone View Post
I have ordered a set and will give my review if and when I am healed enough to install them.
We have converted another one to the dark side. And didn't even have to break out the cookies

chithead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012   #182
DIYMA 500 Club

DRKNESS

Rep Power: 126 Coppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of light

Wait wait, you mean I could've had cookies first darn my luck lol...

Clarion NX706 for sale

Last edited by Coppertone; 09-06-2012 at 03:59 PM..
Old 09-06-2012   #183

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 pullinhose will become famous soon enoughpullinhose will become famous soon enoughpullinhose will become famous soon enoughpullinhose will become famous soon enoughpullinhose will become famous soon enoughpullinhose will become famous soon enough

Just got mine delivered, will be installing on Monday! I want to thank you guys for the reviews on the JBLs and let you know I purchased these without even listening to them (something I never do) because of the high praise they received in this thread alone... Thanks again! I'll post a review when I get em in...
pullinhose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012   #184
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 77 hilander999 will become famous soon enoughhilander999 will become famous soon enoughhilander999 will become famous soon enoughhilander999 will become famous soon enoughhilander999 will become famous soon enoughhilander999 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chithead View Post
We have converted another one to the dark side. And didn't even have to break out the cookies
Wait just a damn minute, what kind of cookies are we talking about?

hilander999 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012   #185
DIYMA 500 Club

DRKNESS

Well since I have not received any, I am not part of the circle it seems lol...

Clarion NX706 for sale
Old 09-08-2012   #186

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 AuralSalvation will become famous soon enoughAuralSalvation will become famous soon enoughAuralSalvation will become famous soon enoughAuralSalvation will become famous soon enoughAuralSalvation will become famous soon enoughAuralSalvation will become famous soon enough

Got the last set! Woot!
AuralSalvation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2012   #187
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 77 hilander999 will become famous soon enoughhilander999 will become famous soon enoughhilander999 will become famous soon enoughhilander999 will become famous soon enoughhilander999 will become famous soon enoughhilander999 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuralSalvation View Post
Got the last set! Woot!
Last set from where?

Old 09-08-2012   #188

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 AuralSalvation will become famous soon enoughAuralSalvation will become famous soon enoughAuralSalvation will become famous soon enoughAuralSalvation will become famous soon enoughAuralSalvation will become famous soon enoughAuralSalvation will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilander999 View Post
Last set from where?
Sorry, I wrong thread lol.
AuralSalvation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2012   #189

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 David45 will become famous soon enoughDavid45 will become famous soon enoughDavid45 will become famous soon enoughDavid45 will become famous soon enoughDavid45 will become famous soon enoughDavid45 will become famous soon enough

Im considering getting a pair of those JBLs. Active set-up with a zapco reference 200/2 (50w x2) and tweeters powered by a HU (pioneer 80xrs) would that be a good match? Or do i need a more powerful amp such as a zapco 650.6 (190 x 2 on mid woofers and more than enough Power on the tweeters)
How efficient are they? Ive seen 85 db sensitivity as well as 88db...not sure what the official one... But 3db is a big deal...
Cheers
David45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2012   #190
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by David45 View Post
Im considering getting a pair of those JBLs. Active set-up with a zapco reference 200/2 (50w x2) and tweeters powered by a HU (pioneer 80xrs) would that be a good match? Or do i need a more powerful amp such as a zapco 650.6 (190 x 2 on mid woofers and more than enough Power on the tweeters)
How efficient are they? Ive seen 85 db sensitivity as well as 88db...not sure what the official one... But 3db is a big deal...
Cheers
http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchf...9/109MS52C.PDF

The 6.5" version is 89db, and listed at 10-80w RMS Power handling, 380w peak, so the 50x2 should be fine while 190x2 would be a bit much for this set unless you are really carefull with the gains and volume.

The 88db rating is for the 5 1/4" version. (MS-52c)

These are sensative enough to run off headunit power, so anything in the 50-80w range should bring them to life rather well. These are also 4 OHM so make sure you don't go by the 2OHM rating for your amps output.

Do you already have the amp or are you shopping for that too?

Old 09-12-2012   #191
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 107 kizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enough

I don't think the 80prs lets you use the high level output on your tweeters when you are using rca's. correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure i read that. someone already tried it. 50 watts would be ok but 190 would be great as well. I run 140ish to mine and they love it. I would say 190 would probably be the most you would want to use on these but then again if you are careful with the gains you shouldn't have any issues.

Alpine HU, Alpine H800

Old 09-12-2012   #192
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 157 rexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilander999 View Post
http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchf...9/109MS52C.PDF

The 6.5" version is 89db, and listed at 10-80w RMS Power handling, 380w peak, so the 50x2 should be fine while 190x2 would be a bit much for this set unless you are really carefull with the gains and volume.

The 88db rating is for the 5 1/4" version. (MS-52c)

These are sensative enough to run off headunit power, so anything in the 50-80w range should bring them to life rather well. These are also 4 OHM so make sure you don't go by the 2OHM rating for your amps output.

Do you already have the amp or are you shopping for that too?

"to much" Power is not going to be an issue assuming the signal is "clean"! You are not very likely to see all 190w anyway even in the most dynamic situations....however having a little "headroom" (or whatever you prefer to call it) has always proven to be a wonderful thing in my experience. As said by others....just use your mush when playing with it and you should be fine. They can handle the power NO problem as long as install, clean signal, and common sense are involved! I actually think the zapco 650 would be perfect active with the 4channels bridged to the mids and the last two for the tweets!
But thats just my 2cents from a little experience with them
rexroadj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2012   #193
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 90 thomasluke will become famous soon enoughthomasluke will become famous soon enoughthomasluke will become famous soon enoughthomasluke will become famous soon enoughthomasluke will become famous soon enoughthomasluke will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I don't think the 80prs lets you use the high level output on your tweeters when you are using rca's. correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure i read that. someone already tried it. 50 watts would be ok but 190 would be great as well. I run 140ish to mine and they love it. I would say 190 would probably be the most you would want to use on these but then again if you are careful with the gains you shouldn't have any issues.
You can in fact run the tweeters off of the hu and use the other preouts for an amp on your mids and sub.
It actually does a pretty good job too. Ran a set of vifa's with the hu and a set of id mids and several different subs like that for about a month maybe a month and a half before i got my five channel.
It surprisingly does a great job.

"What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of how it is supposed to be."
thomasluke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2012   #194
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Well that's really good to know. The info I read was incorrect then. Thank you for clearing that up. appreciate it.

Alpine HU, Alpine H800

Old 09-12-2012   #195
DIYMA 500 Club

do it yourself

Rep Power: 40115 schmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond repute

With an passive inline for the tweet that means it can do 3way + sub with only a 5-channel amp. Cool.

“When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear.” ― Thomas Sowell
schmiddr2 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2012   #196
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 90 thomasluke will become famous soon enoughthomasluke will become famous soon enoughthomasluke will become famous soon enoughthomasluke will become famous soon enoughthomasluke will become famous soon enoughthomasluke will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmiddr2 View Post
With an passive inline for the tweet that means it can do 3way + sub with only a 5-channel amp. Cool.
I dont think you can or rather you should use the preouts and the internal amp at the same.
But now that i'm thinking about it i can't come up with a reason as to why it would be a bad idea.
That is pretty cool though. huh................ I might just try something tomorrow with pair of BA sr mids and the p660 mids. This might just turn into a divorce.
SHITTTT!!!!!!!

"What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of how it is supposed to be."
Old 09-12-2012   #197
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Well that's really good to know. The info I read was incorrect then. Thank you for clearing that up. appreciate it.
Ya, I was reading the manual and it said not to use the preout's as well as the internal at the same time. But i could'nt think of a reason as to why.
I ran it pretty hard at times too and it never skipped a beat man.
THANK GOD the crossover still worked though. That would have been a 120 dollar mistake.

Old 09-15-2012   #198
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 RYDMOTO will become famous soon enoughRYDMOTO will become famous soon enoughRYDMOTO will become famous soon enoughRYDMOTO will become famous soon enoughRYDMOTO will become famous soon enoughRYDMOTO will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuralSalvation View Post
Would these make a good set for someone who primarily listens to metal/rock and some electronic (trance)? How do these stack up against the P660c?
i would like to know how these compare to the P660C as well...
RYDMOTO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2012   #199
DIYMA 500 Club

That's what she said.

Rep Power: 113 adrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond repute

These seem like a good budget set for the GF's car. Problem is, they'd be passive off a Cadence XA125.2 (80x2 @ 4 OHM). Hmm... I was actually thinking of getting her a pair of HAT Imagines since I currently own a pair of Clarus and am satisfied. Decisions. Decisions...

Humph umph tsk tsk hump umph tsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkZ View Post
It's not Tchaikovsky. But it's still music that people like and that people want to listen to. Therefore, the goal is to meet that demand. When you let your audio system dictate the music you listen to, you've lost.
adrenalinejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2012   #200

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 60 Kevin C will become famous soon enoughKevin C will become famous soon enoughKevin C will become famous soon enoughKevin C will become famous soon enoughKevin C will become famous soon enoughKevin C will become famous soon enough

I just put a set of these in my 2011 sierra .
Nice sounding set !
The instal log is located under system design...

2011 gmc sierra instal - DIYMA Car audio Forum
Kevin C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement