Silver Flutes = Smooth, Low, Happiness - Page 3 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013   #51
Upgrade Your Membership!

novice

Rep Power: 73 steppinrazer will become famous soon enoughsteppinrazer will become famous soon enoughsteppinrazer will become famous soon enoughsteppinrazer will become famous soon enoughsteppinrazer will become famous soon enoughsteppinrazer will become famous soon enoughsteppinrazer will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Silver Flutes = Smooth, Low, Happiness

I finished up deadening and sealing my doors this evening. With minimal time to tune/listen i was pretty impressed with the lower end on these. For now they are crossed at 63 and 3.2k 24db slope.
steppinrazer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2013   #52
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 148 niceguy will become famous soon enoughniceguy will become famous soon enoughniceguy will become famous soon enoughniceguy will become famous soon enoughniceguy will become famous soon enoughniceguy will become famous soon enough

Yeah deadening is crucial with these as with any install....I had a pair running in my old van install over 5 years ago
niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013   #53

Banned

Rep Power: 0 ChevyHHRSS400 will become famous soon enoughChevyHHRSS400 will become famous soon enoughChevyHHRSS400 will become famous soon enoughChevyHHRSS400 will become famous soon enoughChevyHHRSS400 will become famous soon enoughChevyHHRSS400 will become famous soon enough

Im curious about trying these drivers and going active
What crossover points are recommended? Also anyone running these in 3way setups?
Or just active 2way which tweeters work well with these?

Currently running alpine spx series
ChevyHHRSS400 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013   #54

Banned

Rep Power: 0 ChevyHHRSS400 will become famous soon enoughChevyHHRSS400 will become famous soon enoughChevyHHRSS400 will become famous soon enoughChevyHHRSS400 will become famous soon enoughChevyHHRSS400 will become famous soon enoughChevyHHRSS400 will become famous soon enough

anyone have any input on tweeters ? or least crossover points?
Old 05-23-2013   #55
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 73 SPLEclipse has a spectacular aura aboutSPLEclipse has a spectacular aura aboutSPLEclipse has a spectacular aura aboutSPLEclipse has a spectacular aura aboutSPLEclipse has a spectacular aura aboutSPLEclipse has a spectacular aura aboutSPLEclipse has a spectacular aura aboutSPLEclipse has a spectacular aura aboutSPLEclipse has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyHHRSS400 View Post
anyone have any input on tweeters ? or least crossover points?
Which size? My 8"s are crossed from 50-180 with L-R 24db/oct filters on both sides. With limited gain they can go down lower, but I like it a tad on the loud side...and they are also in small sealed enclosures (.4 ft^3 per driver).

The naturally start to roll off around 1khz on the high end, and do so at a pretty shallow rate, around 6db/oct. My install is very different though, so any high-frequency measurements won't be applicable to a typical door install.

I would generally not recommend using just a tweet with the 8"s, but a small widebander would work very well.
SPLEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013   #56
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 147 TrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to behold

Am waiting for my damping material to arrive so I can install them, I have the 6.5". I bought four Audax TM010A1, so hopefully I can use two for each side but looks like they need to be crossed at 6khz. The Flutes should play up to 5khz, so am hoping that will be enough.

Last edited by TrickyRicky; 05-23-2013 at 05:31 PM..
TrickyRicky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013   #57

Banned

Could the 8 be crossed over closer to 325hz? I have Trinity drivers to use
Just want more low end than my Ebony driver can handle
Old 05-24-2013   #58
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 73 SPLEclipse has a spectacular aura aboutSPLEclipse has a spectacular aura aboutSPLEclipse has a spectacular aura aboutSPLEclipse has a spectacular aura aboutSPLEclipse has a spectacular aura aboutSPLEclipse has a spectacular aura aboutSPLEclipse has a spectacular aura aboutSPLEclipse has a spectacular aura aboutSPLEclipse has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyHHRSS400 View Post
Could the 8 be crossed over closer to 325hz? I have Trinity drivers to use
Just want more low end than my Ebony driver can handle
I would feel very comfortable doing that. I've seen them paired with just a tweet in at least one design, but that's in a home application where you have much more control over the response.
SPLEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2013   #59
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 294 Hanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond repute

This driver seems to be very interesting. I'm looking for new drivers for midbass duty in AP or Sealed enclosures to fit inside a door. Perhaps 0,3ft│ maximum enclosure volume, when I model them they seem to work fine. Impedance phase seems to be nice and smooth, almost as good as Dayton Rs180, they should be easy for the amp to drive.

Mojo, how's your impression of the lows with these drivers now when you've used them for a while?

# In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act # (George Orwell)

- Build Thread 1, Mercedes-Benz E 320T (2000) -

- Build Thread 2, VW Passat 1.8T (2000) -
Hanatsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2013   #60

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 67 mojozoom will become famous soon enoughmojozoom will become famous soon enoughmojozoom will become famous soon enoughmojozoom will become famous soon enoughmojozoom will become famous soon enoughmojozoom will become famous soon enoughmojozoom will become famous soon enough

I still really like them. I also still can't beleive you can get this much for $30 per driver.

At this point I'm running 2-way and crossing at 2500 at the top and 65 hz at the bottom. This brought the stage down a bit from the 3750 x-over I had before, but gave me a little better imaging as I have the Flutes in the doors.

And they will pound when you want them to. Mt Eden has four remix versions of Sierra Leone available thru Amazon now, and the 4th track (which is more of a house mix) hits clean and hard over and over and the Flutes love it. I love it.

I am considering adding a midrange in the kick for a 3-way system, in order to allow crossovers that occur before beaming. Got my eye on the Aura Whisper at this point.

2008 Mazda3: Android, RF 3sixty.3, JL XD600/6, Silver Flutes, Seas Neos, JL 250/1, Infinity 860W
mojozoom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2013   #61
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 294 Hanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond repute

I've decided on the 8ohm version. The T/S parameters fit my application more. Can't believe how good they model in a 6 lit (0,21ft│) vented box, might actually try a vented application in the door with Fb around 55Hz...

Too bad they don't cost $30/driver in Sweden, they sell them for twice the price here. Everything is expensive as crap in Sweden... My P99 retails for $2200 here, you got about half that price in the US lol.

# In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act # (George Orwell)

- Build Thread 1, Mercedes-Benz E 320T (2000) -

- Build Thread 2, VW Passat 1.8T (2000) -
Hanatsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2016   #62
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 162 Mless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enough

I echo original poster's sentiments: extremely smooth, stout midbass, great clarity without being harsh anywhere in the range. Have them on 55wrms per channel of Audison and they sing. Only had to tick down 2kHz 2 clicks and that is all. Using Audison crossover so it is hard to tell exact point, but I would guess ~75-3500 is the range they are supposed to play. I am absolutely loving these! Pretty heavy drivers with a large frame - plan accordingly. Excellent Build quality to boot! 4ohm version by the way.
Mless5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement