Review of the Stereo Integrity BM mkIV - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2013   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 154 bertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Review of the Stereo Integrity BM mkIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rton20s View Post
Is it ordered yet?

Like!

bertholomey is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2013   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 113 TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to all

Quote:
Is it ordered yet?
Yep, the cars ordered. 50-90 days. Maybe sooner if he can trade a slot for one thats ready for production. The boat ride over takes the longest.

This might be the ticket for her. She doesn't listen as loud as I do, but she likes it to dig all the way down below 20hz.

98 Dodge Neon Meca Extreme Class Build
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...-timer-sq.html
TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013   #28
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 88 edzyy will become famous soon enoughedzyy will become famous soon enoughedzyy will become famous soon enoughedzyy will become famous soon enoughedzyy will become famous soon enoughedzyy will become famous soon enoughedzyy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainobvious View Post
4?? How does that give space back Is she a total bass head? If so, this might not be the driver for her. If she's an SQ enthusiast though, 2 of these would be more than enough.
She's a little bit of both

With their tiny box requirement, 4 should work in 2 cubes, no?
edzyy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013   #29
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 308 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL View Post
This might be the ticket for her. She doesn't listen as loud as I do, but she likes it to dig all the way down below 20hz.
Sounds a lot like my own wife. Especially now that we always have a 2 yr old riding around with us. When you hear, "I don't like this song. It's too loud!" from the back seat, you have to respect it.
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013   #30
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 154 bertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the rough

That's funny - made me think of this exchange I had with my buddy after one of our meets recently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertholomey View Post
Mike - I was talking to your lovely wife at lunch time yesterday, and she said the other day, 'her song' came on, and she turned it to '3'.........last night it hit me........that must mean -3.0 db on the Clarion.........I thought the system was loud at -15.0 db! The BOOM with no RATTLES!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velozity View Post
Lol, I just showed her this post. Sadly, when she said "3" she meant the one on the other side of zero (+3.0db!). The damn thing only goes up to +6.0db! Luckily when 'her song' came on she was streaming from iHeart radio and the sensitivity of the aux inputs is lower than the CD level. So my voice coils were spared a meltdown, lol.

Old 12-19-2013   #31
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 308 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's funny - made me think of this exchange I had with my buddy after one of our meets recently:
Ha... wimmenz! No offense MrsPapasin... if you happen to be lurking.
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013   #32
DIYMA 500 Club

Richard

Rep Power: 108 papasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Ha... wimmenz! No offense MrsPapasin... if you happen to be lurking.

I'll let her know. Lol

papasin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013   #33
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Supporting Vendor

12V Company:
Stereo Integrity
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 135 Electrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Hey Dudes.......

I had an incredible time with this sub today. From Zac Brown Band 'Different Kind of Fine' - very strong drum kit sound and strong bass guitar sound.

To Cirez D........at about 1:30.....my mouth dropped wide open while driving down the freeway = this is exactly what I looked like - the driver beside me must have thought I was crazy. Such incredibly deep, accurate, and tight bass. Bliss!!!!

I just listened to this on my ear monitors on the YouTube link you provided. As son as I get done typing this I'm going to search for the CD on eBay! Holy crap!

Actually, can someone help me find a way to purchase this song or the CD that this song is on (preferably the CD instead of the just the single song download)? I'm having no luck finding it.

Electrodynamic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013   #34
DIYMA 500 Club

DRKNESS

Rep Power: 125 Coppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of light

Sadly that makes two of us as I was also searching for the cd. :-(

(2.5GT) Limited Legacy / Alpine INA-W910 / Alpine PXA-H800 / Alpine C800 / Sinfoni T25T / Sinfoni T65W / Brax X2400.2 / Brax X2000.2 / JL Audio 12TW3-D4

For sale NIB / Sinfoni Tempo 10 / Sinfoni T65W / Rear view camera....
Coppertone is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013   #35
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 88 edzyy will become famous soon enoughedzyy will become famous soon enoughedzyy will become famous soon enoughedzyy will become famous soon enoughedzyy will become famous soon enoughedzyy will become famous soon enoughedzyy will become famous soon enough

Found it.
Old 12-20-2013   #36
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Supporting Vendor

12V Company:
Stereo Integrity
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 135 Electrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by edzyy View Post
Found it.
...Ok, I'll bite. Where did you find it and/or can you provide a link?

Old 12-20-2013   #37
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 115 rockytophigh will become famous soon enoughrockytophigh will become famous soon enoughrockytophigh will become famous soon enoughrockytophigh will become famous soon enoughrockytophigh will become famous soon enoughrockytophigh will become famous soon enough

Guys I've narrowed my choice down to these or Illusion Audio. Either way they will be going in a hatchback. Having never had a hatchback, which way would you recommend they be installed? Down firing....up....front. ..back? Thank you for the input!

2012 Camaro SS Kenwood Source- Helix C62c Components Helix 6x9 JL 12w6v3 Audison LRX 5.1

2010 Honda Ridgeline Kenwood Source Helix RS6 Components Helix 6.5 Coax 2 IDQ10s Helix PSIX DSP Soundstream Nano
rockytophigh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2013   #38
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockytophigh View Post
Guys I've narrowed my choice down to these or Illusion Audio. Either way they will be going in a hatchback. Having never had a hatchback, which way would you recommend they be installed? Down firing....up....front. ..back? Thank you for the input!
All of these methods could potentially sound good (in my opinion and in my experience). The two builds using the mkIII BM's that I clipped photos of above had them firing up in a false floor presentation. I know the one sounded great, and I could imagine Trevor's sounded good in the Volvo. When you weigh out the various compromises - that will likely determine your answer. Space savings, aesthetics, purely best sound, etc.......

Interestingly, I saw this post the other night:

Bigred's New Dodge Ram 1500 build

Concerning the Cirez D......I haven't found CDs either - I think individual tracks can be downloaded from Beatport, but I haven't used them yet.

Here is another one that really impressed me on the mkIV BM. The beginning beats don't seem very interesting until the volume is turned up on a good sub system. There is a lot of detail going on there that the BM played flawlessly. I'm sure me previous dual 12" sub install wouldn't have been able to resolve that.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Old 12-20-2013   #39
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 135 casey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enough

im going to have to check some of these songs out. see how it sounds on the sd-2 and the mkIV

I love to overthink things.
2008 Civic Log: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...an-exodus.html
casey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2013   #40
DIYMA 500 Club

SQ Crazy

Rep Power: 111 Architect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I've owned both Illusion and SI subs, you will be much happier with SI.

Architect7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2013   #41
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 115 rockytophigh will become famous soon enoughrockytophigh will become famous soon enoughrockytophigh will become famous soon enoughrockytophigh will become famous soon enoughrockytophigh will become famous soon enoughrockytophigh will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the reply. I spend hours going through Trevor's Volvo Build after you posted the pic the other night. My wife says thanks lol.

Where are you over in NC. I've been working in Cherokee for the past month....

2012 Camaro SS Kenwood Source- Helix C62c Components Helix 6x9 JL 12w6v3 Audison LRX 5.1

2010 Honda Ridgeline Kenwood Source Helix RS6 Components Helix 6.5 Coax 2 IDQ10s Helix PSIX DSP Soundstream Nano
Old 12-20-2013   #42
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architect7 View Post
That settles it then. I hope they blend well with the Brax 3way. Anyone know a top notch installer in East TN/Western NC?

I really want to try this myself, but I live on top of a mountain with no garage or tools. Plus, it's a hybrid (Cargina) and honestly it makes me nervous...and let's not kid ourselves, my install skills are crap

The biggest problem is I'm (soon to be) a single dad and it will be tough for me to leave the Car for large periods of time. I literally drive 5+ hours, plus work, every day to make ends meet so this system will really be a blessing to me & little man.

Old 12-20-2013   #43
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrodynamic View Post
...Ok, I'll bite. Where did you find it and/or can you provide a link?
Download 01-Cirez_D__Acki_Kokotos_-_Tomorrow_(Original_Mix).flac from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
Old 12-20-2013   #44
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Supporting Vendor

12V Company:
Stereo Integrity
Position:
Owner

Cool. Thanks!

Old 12-20-2013   #45
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architect7 View Post
I prefer the mkIV BM vs the C12 I had.

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I spend hours going through Trevor's Volvo Build after you posted the pic the other night. My wife says thanks lol.

Where are you over in NC. I've been working in Cherokee for the past month....
It took me a good 20 minutes to skim through his huge thread to get that one picture

I'm near Greensboro. I travel to Asheville and Boone for work (typically not with the BRZ though )

Quote:
That settles it then. I hope they blend well with the Brax 3way. Anyone know a top notch installer in East TN/Western NC?

I really want to try this myself, but I live on top of a mountain with no garage or tools. Plus, it's a hybrid (Cargina) and honestly it makes me nervous...and let's not kid ourselves, my install skills are crap

The biggest problem is I'm (soon to be) a single dad and it will be tough for me to leave the Car for large periods of time. I literally drive 5+ hours, plus work, every day to make ends meet so this system will really be a blessing to me & little man.
Mark is the best installer I know, and he is based out of Hickory.

REVIEW: Mark Worrell and Audiomasters (Charlotte, NC)

Thanks dude!

Old 12-22-2013   #46
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

I have received a question about TS parameters and enclosure modeling, so I thought I would address this now.

When Nick was developing this driver - he had certain performance and sound criteria he was aiming for. The sub + the enclosure type (sealed) + enclosure size (0.5 ft^3 (after Speaker displacement) with fiberglass lining the inside sides of the box and light polyfill stuffing) is a system that has a reproducible quality and quantity. That is why I'm hopefully getting the one I have in that kind of box this week so I can evaluate it as it should be. A consumer can certainly put it in anything they want, but the performance will not be the same as stated by Stereo Integrity.

According to the things I have read and discussions with home audio manufactures, they will either design a Speaker cabinet based on the speaker drivers they want to use, or they will source speaker drivers based on the type of cabinet they are working with. It is a system - the Magico Q7 will likely sound like bullocks if the consumer replaced their drivers with a Scan Speak set of drivers. I remember there was a bit of discussion when the recommendation of 1.0 ft^3 enclosure for the Mag V4 - for the speaker to work as intended - to hit the performance and sound expectations of the system - and I had Ryan Build that sized enclosure for my car.

A good little discussion in a thread that was questioning the enclosure size for the upcoming mkIII BM:

Question about the upcoming BM mkIII sub

For me - that is liberating - I don't have to second guess the manufacturer. If I follow their guidance, and it sounds like ass, then move on to something else. If I don't follow their guidance, and it sounds like ass, is it because of the product or the application of the product. When I was using my 10" Onyx sub - I had no idea what the TS Parameters were, and I never used a woofer tester. In the box my buddy built - it worked perfectly. When I put it in a different enclosure - it constantly bottomed out - guys told me it was blown. I replaced it (fortunately with the Mag V4), and discovered later that it was not blown - just not in the right sized box.

In summary, it is up to the consumer what they do with the equipment they purchase, but there is a probability that it won't perform as well as it could in the recommended enclosure. For me, I want to provide the best opportunity for the piece of equipment to perform - as I recently did with my tweeters, midrange, and mid bass drivers. I'll follow the manufacturer's recommendation for the mkIV BM.

Old 12-24-2013   #47
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 54 WhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enough

I preordered one of these babies back in November, I regret not getting more than one. Subbed for further reviews.
WhereAmEye? is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2013   #48
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 78 hurrication will become famous soon enoughhurrication will become famous soon enoughhurrication will become famous soon enoughhurrication will become famous soon enoughhurrication will become famous soon enoughhurrication will become famous soon enoughhurrication will become famous soon enoughhurrication will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrodynamic View Post
Cool. Thanks!
Discography: (House, Progressive House, Techno) Cirez D - Discography - 2003- (download torrent) - TPB
hurrication is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2013   #49
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 113 TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to all

Sorry, on my phone, but I still think ts parameters are needed. You cant just Build a sub for a certain size box and have it sound good in every car. Every Car is different, many of them significantly so. A sub that works well in my Car in a 0.5 cube box may not work well in a truck with the same box. Or a convertible.

98 Dodge Neon Meca Extreme Class Build
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...-timer-sq.html
TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2013   #50
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Supporting Vendor

12V Company:
Stereo Integrity
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL View Post
Sorry, on my phone, but I still think ts parameters are needed. You cant just Build a sub for a certain size box and have it sound good in every car. Every Car is different, many of them significantly so. A sub that works well in my Car in a 0.5 cube box may not work well in a truck with the same box. Or a convertible.
For those of you who can't look at a T/S list and look at a few select parameters to see how deep the woofer will play and how it will behave, being able to plug the full list of T/S parameters is nice to have [we have a full T/S list on our forum].

Regardless of any Speaker that you have it will sound different in different vehicles...especially going from a truck to a convertible! A certain vehicles acoustic signature is not easy to duplicate across multiple types of cars.

The BM mkIV performs the best in 0.5 ft^3 to 0.6 ft^3 sealed whether you put it in a home, or in a sedan, or in a hatchback, etc. Frequency response, Power handling, excursion at Power and frequency, etc, are all nicely handled in the enclosure size of what we recommend. Power handling becomes the biggest issue if you try to get the woofer to play lower than it already does by increasing box size.

I definitely see where Jason is coming from. It's refreshing to trust a manufacturer instead of running through multiple enclosures (and maybe burning through multiple woofers) only to find out that the original recommendation was the best overall solution.

Last edited by Electrodynamic; 12-26-2013 at 09:50 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement