Review of the Stereo Integrity BM mkIV - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2013   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 156 bertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the rough

Default Review of the Stereo Integrity BM mkIV

I will be completing a full review of the Stereo Integrity mkIV in the near future once I can get it installed properly. Right now, it is in a temporary box, but I can give some impressions based on what I have heard.

Information about the sub can be seen on the website (still under construction). Stereo Integrity Home

A little bit of background - I met Nick in 2009 at my first DIYMA meet that took place in Statesville, NC. I found Nick to be cool and very knowledgeable. He had a mkIII woofer and a Mag V4 to look at, and I was able to eventually get the mkIII for a review. Here is a link to the meet thread and my impression thread of the mkIII.

Meet Thread: Statesville, NC Meet

Nick's Lexus and Jacob's jeep (this jeep was insane!)

Review thread: Impressions of Stereo Integrity MKII BM Subwoofer

The mkIV has been in the works for quite some time, but it is finally in production. Nick contacted me to see if I would want to listen to the driver, and of course I agreed. I placed the box in the floorboard between the JL sub and the passenger seat. Here are a few pics.

I have used a variety of subwoofers in my BMW and in the BRZ, but I remembered how much I liked the sound of the Mag V4 that I had in my BMW and the mkIII that I had for a review.

Once again, I'm very impressed with what Nick has put together. I plan to explain the reasons why I like the sound of this driver. Stay tuned.....

bertholomey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2013   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Stereo Integrity
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 136 Electrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Review of the Stereo Integrity BM mkIV

Nice start to your review. I'm anxiously awaiting the rest of your listening impressions.
Electrodynamic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2013   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Rep Power: 192 captainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of light

This is a great subwoofer. I also got the chance to demo this in Jay's BRZ. I'll wait for his full review before I put in more feedback.

Thanks for posting a review for us Jay.

------------------------------------------------------
2016 Pennsylvania State Champion- MECA Modex
2016 National Points Champion- MECA Modex
2016 National Points Champion- IASCA Amateur
captainobvious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Richard

Rep Power: 109 papasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura about

Sub'd

papasin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2013   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 60 Kevin K will become famous soon enoughKevin K will become famous soon enoughKevin K will become famous soon enoughKevin K will become famous soon enoughKevin K will become famous soon enoughKevin K will become famous soon enough

Sub'd

Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2013   #6

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 95 Lars Ulriched will become famous soon enoughLars Ulriched will become famous soon enoughLars Ulriched will become famous soon enoughLars Ulriched will become famous soon enoughLars Ulriched will become famous soon enoughLars Ulriched will become famous soon enough

subscribed.....
Lars Ulriched is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2013   #7

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 125 saMxp will become famous soon enoughsaMxp will become famous soon enoughsaMxp will become famous soon enoughsaMxp will become famous soon enoughsaMxp will become famous soon enoughsaMxp will become famous soon enough

Had the pleasure to listen to this sub yesterday for a little while in Jason's BRZ. Here are my impressions:

Listener reviews are subjective, so first let me say that what I primarily look for in a subwoofer is to disappear into the sound field as an low frequency extension of that field, fully integrated into the field.
This subwoofer, positioned in the passenger footwell of the BRZ, definitely disappeared into the sound field. I've heard good subwoofer installations before that did a good job at integrating with the soundstage on some music, but then making its presence individually known on other types of music. We listened to a good variety of genres on the sampler disc from blues to rock to folk to dubstep and the music always extended into the lowest octaves cleanly and seamlessly. Now that I think about it, though, I would have liked to hear some more kick drums of various types to hear how it help up in more dynamic situations, as most of the low frequency information we heard was more of a sustained note.
Guess we'll need to do lunch, soon!

saMxp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2013   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 156 bertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Sam for that feedback. I certainly would like to get together to hit some rock / metal to see if it delivers the impact. Hopefully I'll have that voice imaging issue sorted by then

Old 12-17-2013   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

SQ Crazy

Rep Power: 111 Architect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enough

Wait does this mean the MKIV's are shipping soon?

Architect7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2013   #10

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 49 dgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enough

I'm subbed for the answer to Architect7's question. I want my preordered sub!
dgage is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2013   #11
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 136 casey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enough

I emailed Nick on Saturday. He said they should be in stock next month

I love to overthink things.
2008 Civic Log: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...an-exodus.html
casey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2013   #12
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 309 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Subscribed as well.
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2013   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

SQ Crazy

Rep Power: 111 Architect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey View Post
I emailed Nick on Saturday. He said they should be in stock next month
That is great, thanks for checking!

Architect7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2013   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Stereo Integrity
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 136 Electrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enough

Yes, they are due in next month.
Old 12-18-2013   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Hey Dudes.......

I had an incredible time with this sub today. From Zac Brown Band 'Different Kind of Fine' - very strong drum kit sound and strong bass guitar sound.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

To Cirez D........at about 1:30.....my mouth dropped wide open while driving down the freeway = this is exactly what I looked like - the driver beside me must have thought I was crazy. Such incredibly deep, accurate, and tight bass. Bliss!!!!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Old 12-18-2013   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Rep Power: 192 captainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of light

Was just looking at the website. 50% more linear excursion than the TW5? Nice!

Shame I missed the pre-sale! A pair of these would look mighty fine in my Mazda

Old 12-18-2013   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 89 edzyy will become famous soon enoughedzyy will become famous soon enoughedzyy will become famous soon enoughedzyy will become famous soon enoughedzyy will become famous soon enoughedzyy will become famous soon enoughedzyy will become famous soon enough

My girlfriend want some hatch space back in her x6

Wonder how 4 of these would do..

decisions..decisions..
edzyy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by edzyy View Post
My girlfriend want some hatch space back in her x6

Wonder how 4 of these would do..

decisions..decisions..
4?? How does that give space back Is she a total bass head? If so, this might not be the driver for her. If she's an SQ enthusiast though, 2 of these would be more than enough.

Old 12-19-2013   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

One of my all time favorite builds! Slade's STI with two of the MKIII BMs.

Old 12-19-2013   #20
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 136 casey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enoughcasey will become famous soon enough

wow that is a nice looking setup.

i love the look of this sub. its going to be a shame if mark is able to stuff one in the passenger foot area out of sight :P

I love to overthink things.
2008 Civic Log: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...an-exodus.html
casey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Another great dual MKIII Build - Trevor in his C30 Volvo

Old 12-19-2013   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 114 TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainobvious View Post
Was just looking at the website. 50% more linear excursion than the TW5? Nice!

Shame I missed the pre-sale! A pair of these would look mighty fine in my Mazda
Klippel tested linear excursion? I know the TW5 was designed with access to a Klippel.

The reason I ask is because going by manufacturer specs, the SI only has 27% more linear excursion, but depending on sd, that could be cancelled out by the tw5's larger size.

98 Dodge Neon Meca Extreme Class Build
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...-timer-sq.html

Last edited by TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL; 12-19-2013 at 11:03 AM..
TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Stereo Integrity
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL View Post
Klippel tested linear excursion? I know the TW5 was designed with access to a Klippel.

The reason I ask is because going by manufacturer specs, the SI only has 27% more linear excursion, but depending on sd, that could be cancelled out by the tw5's larger size.
Yes. Topology top plate height and coil height are un-changed from the mkIII. I think the new slim JL woofers are on newer versions since that text was put up but after a quick look the JL TW5 still doesn't have more linear displacement than the BM mkIV. 686 cm^3 compared to 614 cm^3.

Old 12-19-2013   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 114 TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to all

Awesome, thanks for the info. I was more curious than anything, but this may be a good option for my wifes new car.

98 Dodge Neon Meca Extreme Class Build
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...-timer-sq.html
TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013   #25
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 309 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL View Post
Awesome, thanks for the info. I was more curious than anything, but this may be a good option for my wifes new car.
Is it ordered yet?
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement