Ground Zero Uranium Components On-Going Review - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2014   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 126 customaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Ground Zero Uranium Components On-Going Review

No I dont think he hooked his up yet. This is a set I got in the other day testing on my mini test station.
customaudioman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2014   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 126 customaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enough

I will try to post another video. in the other video it was recorded with smartphone.
Old 01-11-2014   #28
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 203 SkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of light

i hate to make excuses, but this winter has been the perfect storm for me. the Car i was going to put them in is in the shop with a blown head gasket. so im thinking of putting them in my friends 300zx. he has a pretty decent setup. some processing available too. of coarse the day he was supposed to come over was today. this pic will do the rest..

Daily driver finished. Project car under construction
SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2014   #29
DIYMA 500 Club

Car Audio Junky

Rep Power: 805 GLN305 has a reputation beyond reputeGLN305 has a reputation beyond reputeGLN305 has a reputation beyond reputeGLN305 has a reputation beyond reputeGLN305 has a reputation beyond reputeGLN305 has a reputation beyond reputeGLN305 has a reputation beyond reputeGLN305 has a reputation beyond reputeGLN305 has a reputation beyond reputeGLN305 has a reputation beyond reputeGLN305 has a reputation beyond repute

The weather has been pushing me back too, rain on days when I need to setup outside and cut MDF, very cold otherwise.
GLN305 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2014   #30
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Yeah the weather has been crazy this year.
Old 01-12-2014   #31
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 190 tyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the update

Alpine INE-S920HD - Audiocontrol Matrix - Kenwood X4R - Kenwood X1R - ESB KT6.28 - ESB Ottomila 16 - Boston G5 10" @32
tyroneshoes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2014   #32
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

12V Company:
Ground Zero USA

Rep Power: 253 Scott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond repute

We just placed a order the other day and I threw a few sets of these raw drivers on the order. Should have them in a few weeks. So far the feedback we have been getting on this set is great.

Scott@GZUSA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2014   #33
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 203 SkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of light

got one side installed, almost done with the other..

Old 01-20-2014   #34
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 309 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2014   #35
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rton20s View Post
hey at least its not as bad as joeys little "build log" lol

Old 01-20-2014   #36
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 67 REGULARCAB will become famous soon enoughREGULARCAB will become famous soon enoughREGULARCAB will become famous soon enoughREGULARCAB will become famous soon enoughREGULARCAB will become famous soon enoughREGULARCAB will become famous soon enoughREGULARCAB will become famous soon enough

You still trying to clear the snow out of your ears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehatedguy View Post
If you spend 6500 on a single sub, I will drive to your house and punch you in the balls.
REGULARCAB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2014   #37
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by REGULARCAB View Post
You still trying to clear the snow out of your ears?
i didnt go to the mountain today so no lol. and i dont fall THAT much

Old 01-20-2014   #38
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

initial impressions... theyre good. much better than the ADS components i had in before. il need to listen for a bit longer and break em in more but so far im impressed. good solid midbass, and very detailed highs. i have the tweeters installed in the a pillars off axis but could tell they would do better on axis. il change that soon.

Old 01-21-2014   #39
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

12V Company:
Ground Zero USA

Rep Power: 253 Scott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
initial impressions... theyre good. much better than the ADS components i had in before. il need to listen for a bit longer and break em in more but so far im impressed. good solid midbass, and very detailed highs. i have the tweeters installed in the a pillars off axis but could tell they would do better on axis. il change that soon.
Glad to hear you got them installed. Looking forward to your thoughts after you have had a chance to listen to them for a bit.

Old 02-13-2014   #40
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Yeah I did two sets of these in a 4 runner Build in a passive setup installed in stock location. Wow, these are the real deal. Really with both sets going I could get by without a sub in the back. I cant wait to use the higher end sets. which I heard will walk all over even this setup. They defiantly get my vote. Nothing in the $500 price range can compare. If so bring them please.
Old 02-13-2014   #41
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

i guess im due for a review as well.. im not really good with words, but here goes nothing.

let me start off by giving you all the setups details. mids from 60-3k, tweeters from 3k and up. mids in the doors that are treated pretty good. tweeters are in the a pillars facing directly towards each other firing across the dash.

first thing i noticed was that the tweeters were much louder (not brighter) than the mids. on the head unit (Alpine CDA-117) i just used the fader/balance to attenuate then by -2 and they sounded great. from there on everything was golden. the midbass really plays with authority and doesnt get sloppy even with the low 60hz high pass i gave it. the midbass is better than any other Speaker ive had in this car. everything about these are great. everything sounds real with these, from bass lines, to the guitar, and vocals. my favorite song to listen to with these ive noticed is Hot For Teacher by Van Halen. the intro sounds amazing as does the rest of it. i do think the tweeters are the trickiest part of the set, but once you figure em out, theyre great. i do think they would be better a little bit moreon axis, maybe around 30 degrees would be best, unlike my drivers side one being almost completely off. the midbass does sound better than when i had my anarchies and imagines in, but to be fair, they only saw about 25 watts each and didnt have as good of an install. il have to re-visit the anarchies when it gets warmer. needless to say, for the price i dont think these can be beat unless you go with raw drivers

Old 02-13-2014   #42
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

12V Company:
Ground Zero USA

Thankyou to both of you for posting your thoughts on the component set.

We do have a few raw driver sets coming in that I can offer as active kits for about $120 less than then retail price of the whole set. So about $280. If anybody is interested, just drop me a PM. They should be here around March 7th.

Old 09-22-2014   #43

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 126 Inthuwind will become famous soon enoughInthuwind will become famous soon enoughInthuwind will become famous soon enoughInthuwind will become famous soon enoughInthuwind will become famous soon enoughInthuwind will become famous soon enough

I am interested in a set of these after the reviews and much reading. I have a 2014 Silverado non-Bose and would like to know if the tweeters could be placed in the dash locations that aim up at the windshield? Any experience with this? Thanks in advance.

Dad always said," Son, if you can't be good...be good at it."
Inthuwind is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2014   #44
DIYMA 500 Club

a boombox is not a toy

12V Company:
Malibu's Auto Center
Position:
Janitor/Install Manager

Rep Power: 118 jowens500 will become famous soon enoughjowens500 will become famous soon enoughjowens500 will become famous soon enoughjowens500 will become famous soon enoughjowens500 will become famous soon enoughjowens500 will become famous soon enough

The Uranium tweeter would work very well in the stock location of that truck. We have a set in our shop Car that you are more than welcome to come by and listen to. I'm at Malibu's in Moore and have these in stock..

2009 USACi Basic Consumer World Champion (Installer)
2009 USACi mod2000-4000 4th place (Installer)
2009 USACi SB3 3rd place (Installer)
jowens500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2014   #45

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 126 Inthuwind will become famous soon enoughInthuwind will become famous soon enoughInthuwind will become famous soon enoughInthuwind will become famous soon enoughInthuwind will become famous soon enoughInthuwind will become famous soon enough

Mr Owens, hello again!! That is cool, I may just do that. I need an office day!

Dad always said," Son, if you can't be good...be good at it."
Inthuwind is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2014   #46
DIYMA 500 Club

a boombox is not a toy

12V Company:
Malibu's Auto Center
Position:
Janitor/Install Manager

Rep Power: 118 jowens500 will become famous soon enoughjowens500 will become famous soon enoughjowens500 will become famous soon enoughjowens500 will become famous soon enoughjowens500 will become famous soon enoughjowens500 will become famous soon enough

Come on by, I'm sure you'll like them. I myself, find them very pleasing.

2009 USACi Basic Consumer World Champion (Installer)
2009 USACi mod2000-4000 4th place (Installer)
2009 USACi SB3 3rd place (Installer)
jowens500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2015   #47
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 58 ImK'ed will become famous soon enoughImK'ed will become famous soon enoughImK'ed will become famous soon enoughImK'ed will become famous soon enoughImK'ed will become famous soon enoughImK'ed will become famous soon enough

SkizeR you still using these? Just another option im looking at
ImK'ed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2015   #48
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImK'ed View Post
SkizeR you still using these? Just another option im looking at
I was until the Car they we in was sold. They were nice though

Old 01-06-2015   #49
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 58 ImK'ed will become famous soon enoughImK'ed will become famous soon enoughImK'ed will become famous soon enoughImK'ed will become famous soon enoughImK'ed will become famous soon enoughImK'ed will become famous soon enough

Ah ok i was really considering these they look really good, i was gonna pair these with the new mid GZ have released but i couldnt find it in uk so i went for the focal ps165fx
ImK'ed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2015   #50
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

We have them over here in the US.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement