Ground Zero Uranium Components On-Going Review - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2013   #1
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Rep Power: 213 SkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to all

Default Ground Zero Uranium Components On-Going Review

First off, i would like to thank Scott and Brandon at Ground Zero USA for giving me the opportunity to do this.

I guess il start from the beginning..

A few days ago i found a big ups box sitting buried in my garage that looked unopened. I completely forgot i had these coming and the box was huge considering it was just a set of components (great packing too).. turns out my dad put it in the back of the garage with all my empty boxes i use for shipping thinking nothing was in it. I found it right before heading out, so i just opened it quick for a little sneak peak. I was just able to get pics today. Let me just say, that the pictures do absolutely no justice for the build quality of these. i havent seen another set of components that go for $350 that looked and felt like these. Without further adieu..

The cone is made of woven wood. with some sort of composite material underneath. It seems pretty sturdy.

The basket is pretty heavy and isnt flimsy/cheap looking like most cheaper component sets.

On to the tweeters.. the grill and silk dome kind of reminds me of the scanspeak d3004 tweeters. It has a basic abs plastic housing with a cool looking copper colored magnet. The mounting pieces seem very different than most though, and are very simple.

mounting tabs..

On to the crossovers.. i was very surprised by these. I couldnt care less for passive crossovers (i will be using them for part of the review though) but god damn am i impressed. They are so nice and look indestructible with so many options.. I has variable crossover slopes (6db or 12db), phase shift, 4 different tweeter attenuation levels, and another switch (i forget what it does, il update later when i find out). They are made from pretty thick acrylic (bottom is black and top is clear with the Ground Zero Logo on it). I cant really put into words how i feel about these. They just seem and feel good and very durable. You can just tell these arent run in the mill electronic components put together on a chinese assembly line.

My only complaint right now, is that the manual is in German. oh well
Im going to install them tomorrow and i will update this when i have some good ideas of how they sound.

(addendum)
let me start off by giving you all the setups details. mids from 60-3k, tweeters from 3k and up. mids in the doors that are treated pretty good. tweeters are in the a pillars facing directly towards each other firing across the dash.

first thing i noticed was that the tweeters were much louder (not brighter) than the mids. on the head unit (Alpine CDA-117) i just used the fader/balance to attenuate then by -2 and they sounded great. from there on everything was golden. the midbass really plays with authority and doesnt get sloppy even with the low 60hz high pass i gave it. the midbass is better than any other speaker ive had in this car. everything about these are great. everything sounds real with these, from bass lines, to the guitar, and vocals. my favorite song to listen to with these ive noticed is Hot For Teacher by Van Halen. the intro sounds amazing as does the rest of it. i do think the tweeters are the trickiest part of the set, but once you figure em out, theyre great. i do think they would be better a little bit moreon axis, maybe around 30 degrees would be best, unlike my drivers side one being almost completely off. the midbass does sound better than when i had my anarchies and imagines in, but to be fair, they only saw about 25 watts each and didnt have as good of an install. il have to re-visit the anarchies when it gets warmer. needless to say, for the price i dont think these can be beat unless you go with raw drivers

Last edited by Darth SQ; 02-13-2014 at 04:03 PM..
SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2013   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

12V Company:
Ground Zero USA

Rep Power: 256 Scott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Ground Zero Uranium Components On-Going Review

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts after you get them in. I love the tweeter out of that set. I think you should enjoy it.

On the manual. Is the printed one that came in the box not multilingual like the one on the website?

Scott@GZUSA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2013   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 149 JoeHemi57 is on a distinguished roadJoeHemi57 is on a distinguished roadJoeHemi57 is on a distinguished roadJoeHemi57 is on a distinguished roadJoeHemi57 is on a distinguished road

Those look really nice, been wanting to try some GZ stuff myself but can't decide exactly what. Need more info on the processor too if Brandon sees this send me a price.
JoeHemi57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 163 BigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really nice

very purdy!!

Team Zapco
"once you go floor, you'll never go door"
"I can easily make the most expensive car stereo system sound like junk in less than 30 seconds"
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2013   #5
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Rep Power: 213 SkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeHemi57 View Post
Those look really nice, been wanting to try some GZ stuff myself but can't decide exactly what. Need more info on the processor too if Brandon sees this send me a price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
very purdy!!
they are so much nicer in person. when i took the plastic off the crossovers my jaw dropped. i didnt expect them to look like that at all.

Old 12-22-2013   #6
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

also another thing id like to add, unlike on other crossovers that have switches, the switches on these and the tweeter attenuation thing feel very solid

Old 12-23-2013   #7
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 314 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

I look forward to your impressions on these. I've been keeping an eye out to see who would be the first to review them. They definitely have my curiosity piqued. If I am not mistaken, these share the same basket design as the MS-62C, correct? (No, I am not making a comparison, just an observation.)

There is actually some strong consideration for a full GZ build in the wife's car and these would be part of that build.
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2013   #8

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 88 sierrarider will become famous soon enoughsierrarider will become famous soon enoughsierrarider will become famous soon enoughsierrarider will become famous soon enoughsierrarider will become famous soon enoughsierrarider will become famous soon enough

That's a nice looking set. Killer crossovers for that price!
sierrarider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2013   #9

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 120 THE VIKING will become famous soon enoughTHE VIKING will become famous soon enoughTHE VIKING will become famous soon enoughTHE VIKING will become famous soon enoughTHE VIKING will become famous soon enoughTHE VIKING will become famous soon enough

Have to agree these do look like they will deliver some good sound's. Will they be available as just a driver set without the passive crossovers ?
THE VIKING is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2013   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

12V Company:
Ground Zero USA

Rep Power: 256 Scott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE VIKING View Post
Have to agree these do look like they will deliver some good sound's. Will they be available as just a driver set without the passive crossovers ?
We are going to placing another order here right after the first of the year. And I am contemplating bringing in a few raw drivers for active kits. So possibly

Old 12-23-2013   #11
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 314 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@GZUSA View Post
We are going to placing another order here right after the first of the year. And I am contemplating bringing in a few raw drivers for active kits. So possibly
You don't say?
Old 12-23-2013   #12

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 120 THE VIKING will become famous soon enoughTHE VIKING will become famous soon enoughTHE VIKING will become famous soon enoughTHE VIKING will become famous soon enoughTHE VIKING will become famous soon enoughTHE VIKING will become famous soon enough

Sound's good bring it on
THE VIKING is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2013   #13
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

was pouring rain today so i couldnt get them in

Old 12-27-2013   #14

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 115 PUREAUDIO will become famous soon enoughPUREAUDIO will become famous soon enoughPUREAUDIO will become famous soon enoughPUREAUDIO will become famous soon enoughPUREAUDIO will become famous soon enoughPUREAUDIO will become famous soon enough

Any update

project 2013 GMC Sierra: underconstruction because i can't make up my damn mind.
PUREAUDIO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2013   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 193 tyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura about

Subscribed as Id love to try an all GZ setup and need a set with a good passive.

Alpine INE-S920HD - Audiocontrol Matrix - Kenwood X4R - Kenwood X1R - ESB KT6.28 - ESB Ottomila 16 - Boston G5 10" @32
tyroneshoes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2013   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

DRKNESS

Rep Power: 130 Coppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of light

Subscribed as I would like to get a price for a set of these please.

(2.5GT) Limited Legacy / Alpine INA-W910 /Audison APK-165....

Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4 aka Tri-Tone...
Coppertone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2013   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

12V Company:
Ground Zero USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppertone View Post
Subscribed as I would like to get a price for a set of these please.
pm'd

Old 12-27-2013   #18
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

a lot of local friends who i showed have asked about them as well. any dealers in the tri-state area?

Old 12-27-2013   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

12V Company:
Ground Zero USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
a lot of local friends who i showed have asked about them as well. any dealers in the tri-state area?
Not currently, if you have one in mind, please pm me and I will contact them. Currently any product can be purchased directly from us if there is not a dealer around. PM, call or email

Sales@groundZeroUSA.com

1-855-45-GZUSA

ext 101 is Brandon

ext 102 is myself, Scott

Feel free to contact for any questions about any product also. I always enjoy talking directly rather than emailing myself. You can reach us pretty much anytime, the number puts you into our cell phones.

Old 12-31-2013   #20

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
Ground Zero USA
Position:
Co owner

Rep Power: 98 Brandon@GZUSA will become famous soon enoughBrandon@GZUSA will become famous soon enoughBrandon@GZUSA will become famous soon enoughBrandon@GZUSA will become famous soon enoughBrandon@GZUSA will become famous soon enoughBrandon@GZUSA will become famous soon enough

Any update? Are they installed?

http://facebook.com/GroundZeroUSA
1-855-45-GZUSA ext 101
Brandon@GZUSA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2014   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 129 customaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enough

Just got these in yesterday and wired them up to my mini board. Wow, these are built very well, crossovers, mids, tweets...really nice. Fired them up today, I was blown away how clean natural the output was with the mid and tweeter . They are defiantly worth ever penny and more. I only had 75 watts rms on each side, cant wait to given them some real power. Nice... really nice Scott and Brandon. I will be calling on Monday. Cant wait to try out the reference drivers and amps. I will be doing a cool build this week with these, stay tune!
customaudioman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2014   #22
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

I'm glad to finally see some impressions from someone has heard these. I look forward to see what SkizeR has to say about them as well.

Also, for Brandon and Scott... Someone was asking about GZ on the horrible Car Audio Q&A Facebook group. Just thought I would give you a heads up.
Old 01-10-2014   #23

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 54 PsyCLown will become famous soon enoughPsyCLown will become famous soon enoughPsyCLown will become famous soon enoughPsyCLown will become famous soon enoughPsyCLown will become famous soon enoughPsyCLown will become famous soon enough

I was taking a look at what component kits are available locally and which may be the best bang for buck.

It seems a lot of the guys here run DLS, Hertz and Focal.
I enquired about a set of brand new Hertz HSK 130's and they came to (converted) $240.
I wonder how much the above component kit would retail for and how it would compare to the HSK's in terms of sound quality.

Those crossovers look sooo amazing, OMW! I thought it had a full plastic cover around them. The pictures on most sites do no justice compared to these and if they are even better in person... :O

Eagerly awaiting Skizer's review as well now

-=Slowly building it up=-
Tablet as HU || Pioneer TS-D1002R || Peerless SLS 6.5 || Morel Ultimo 12 || PPI P900.4 || Starsound 2ch Amp || Audison Bit One ||
PsyCLown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2014   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 129 customaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enough

I took a short video today.
http://static.photobucket.com/player...ps4410b410.mp4
customaudioman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2014   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 193 tyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura about

nice where you at skizer

Alpine INE-S920HD - Audiocontrol Matrix - Kenwood X4R - Kenwood X1R - ESB KT6.28 - ESB Ottomila 16 - Boston G5 10" @32
tyroneshoes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement