Arc Audio XDi 1200.6 Review! - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014   #26
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 118 dman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of light

is being discussed so I just threw it out there.. remove it then....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Storming the Competition, LITERALLY! Especially on KY
dman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2014   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 106 kizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Arc Audio XDi 1200.6 Review!

I don't have that power. You could be understanding and edit your post.

Alpine HU, Alpine H800
Sinfoni Solo AD-LIB powering Sinfoni Eroico M series
Arc Audio XDI 1100.1 powering IDMAX 12

Car...sounds...awesome!!!
kizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2014   #28

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 38 deeep will become famous soon enoughdeeep will become famous soon enoughdeeep will become famous soon enoughdeeep will become famous soon enoughdeeep will become famous soon enoughdeeep will become famous soon enough

How important is 12/24db slope? I don't see anything on this amp or have I missed it?
deeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014   #29
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 106 kizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enough

How important is it for tuning for for the amp to have it?

Alpine HU, Alpine H800

Old 04-16-2014   #30

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 38 deeep will become famous soon enoughdeeep will become famous soon enoughdeeep will become famous soon enoughdeeep will become famous soon enoughdeeep will become famous soon enoughdeeep will become famous soon enough

Both I guess? Last time I did a system was about 7 years ago

Im doing my new Car and just buying all new stuff so Im not up to date. Especially if I go active.
Old 04-16-2014   #31
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeep View Post
Both I guess? Last time I did a system was about 7 years ago

Im doing my new Car and just buying all new stuff so Im not up to date. Especially if I go active.
Well, I am not a master tuner by any means. The slope is important for limiting frequencies at different rates and phase control. I prefer 12db slope on everything except my sub low pass. Maybe somebody with more technical knowledge can answer that.

Alpine HU, Alpine H800

Old 04-17-2014   #32
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

12V Company:
Simplicity In Sound
Position:
owner

Rep Power: 181 simplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nice

Send a message via AIM to simplicityinsound Send a message via Yahoo to simplicityinsound

very impressed with our first one, about to finish up another Build with another one of these...i cant wait for the full line up to come online.

b

2012-2013 Mobile Electronics Magazine Top 100 Installer
Facebook
Website
Yelp
simplicityinsound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2014   #33

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizz View Post
Well, I am not a master tuner by any means. The slope is important for limiting frequencies at different rates and phase control. I prefer 12db slope on everything except my sub low pass. Maybe somebody with more technical knowledge can answer that.

alright thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplicityinsound View Post
very impressed with our first one, about to finish up another Build with another one of these...i cant wait for the full line up to come online.

b
It says it take balanced and Speaker level inputs but then the specs says Input Sensitivity (Low) 200mV - 3.5V

My dsp puts out 4v and I cant adjust it, will this be an issue?
Old 04-23-2014   #34
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 125 customaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeep View Post
alright thanks man

It says it take balanced and Speaker level inputs but then the specs says Input Sensitivity (Low) 200mV - 3.5V

My dsp puts out 4v and I cant adjust it, will this be an issue?
what dsp do you have? any deck or dsp when they state 4v or whatever that is at max volume with 0db. if you set the gains at say -5db or -10db your not going to get near 4v out. then the Arc audio XDi amp will work since its will never see higher then 3.5v.
customaudioman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2014   #35
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 135 turbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura about

Given footprint- and being easy on your electrical system I'd give this amp 2 thumbs up. I've had mine running tweeter and mid along with an ae 15 ib and am thinking about using another.

Some equipment in some cars...
turbo5upra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2014   #36
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 118 dman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of lightdman is a glorious beacon of light

without going into a super long description of how voltages work.. if your amplifier has a maximum input voltage of 3.5 volts then it means that the output section of that amplifier can be driven to its full output capacity with 3.5 volts or less..

just finished a vehicle with the amp, and a dsp with 8v output.. you don't have issues, just learn how to set up a amp/radio/dsp properly

Old 04-23-2014   #37
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 125 customaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo5upra View Post
Given footprint- and being easy on your electrical system I'd give this amp 2 thumbs up. I've had mine running tweeter and mid along with an ae 15 ib and am thinking about using another.
cool, are you running the tweets off the rear ch and the mids off the front ch? are you active with the amp only? I guess if your using a DSP then it doesn't matter what ch on the amp.
customaudioman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2014   #38

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by customaudioman View Post
what dsp do you have? any deck or dsp when they state 4v or whatever that is at max volume with 0db. if you set the gains at say -5db or -10db your not going to get near 4v out. then the Arc audio XDi amp will work since its will never see higher then 3.5v.
Im stuck using the stock navigation which is Alpine based so I went with the pxa-h100. Its the only one I can control through the headunit with my intravee II. It will be limited but I can do TA, phase and some eq without a laptop....Imprint too with a laptop. The h700 and up I can only select presets made through a laptop or rux.....royal pain.

It outputs 4v from what I read.

Basically I run the wires to a RF-BLD to unbalance the lines into the h100 then into the amp.
Old 04-23-2014   #39
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

actually doing it a bit different, as were still utilizing the HAT xovers but manipulating them through the dsp, running full range through the amp still, and flat through the head.. front on hat comps, with pro l1 tweets, rears are on overhead comps, and 5/6 bridged to a JL 8.. love the 360.3 dsp.. wanted to use the arc ps8, as a ton of control on the expert mode, but has been backlogged for a bit, and we already ordered the 360, so went forward with that.. Do a lot of wranglers, as the alpine system is CRAP... and only real way to fix the issue is to GUT and start over.. Only issue were having now is the 8000NEX head keeps locking up on IPOD control. Pioneer has not been real good about addressing the issue so far.

Old 04-23-2014   #40
DIYMA 500 Club

DRKNESS

Rep Power: 125 Coppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of light

^^^. I was soo close to ordering that Pioneer piece NEX 8000, and then I realized that I have not had any good luck with any newer head units...

(2.5GT) Limited Legacy / Alpine INA-W910 / Alpine PXA-H800 / Alpine C800 / Sinfoni T25T / Sinfoni T65W / Brax X2400.2 / Brax X2000.2 / JL Audio 12TW3-D4

For sale NIB / Sinfoni Tempo 10 / Sinfoni T65W / Rear view camera....
Coppertone is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2014   #41

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 therealdeal74 will become famous soon enoughtherealdeal74 will become famous soon enoughtherealdeal74 will become famous soon enoughtherealdeal74 will become famous soon enoughtherealdeal74 will become famous soon enoughtherealdeal74 will become famous soon enough

I had 3 different versions of these mini budget Arc amps. All 3 of them made noise. Are you experiencing any noise issues with this amp?
therealdeal74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2014   #42
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 135 turbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdeal74 View Post
I had 3 different versions of these mini budget Arc amps. All 3 of them made noise. Are you experiencing any noise issues with this amp?
small turn on tick- only bothers a judge... lol

Old 04-28-2014   #43
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdeal74 View Post
no issues at all..

Old 04-28-2014   #44
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppertone View Post
^^^. I was soo close to ordering that Pioneer piece NEX 8000, and then I realized that I have not had any good luck with any newer head units...
Did everything.. still issues with ipod and iphone.. Were having to replace the unit per pioneer.. Really ticks me off after all the work..

Old 06-01-2014   #45

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 98 727south will become famous soon enough727south will become famous soon enough727south will become famous soon enough727south will become famous soon enough727south will become famous soon enough727south will become famous soon enough

How they compare to JL HD in sound quality? do the amp shut off when it getting hot?
727south is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2014   #46
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 727south View Post
How they compare to JL HD in sound quality? do the amp shut off when it getting hot?
never a shut down.. better than the JLhd... only issue we had was the pioneer head, replaced that, and no issues.. just luck of the draw I guess.. love the amp..

Old 06-21-2014   #47

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 44 momax_powers will become famous soon enoughmomax_powers will become famous soon enoughmomax_powers will become famous soon enoughmomax_powers will become famous soon enoughmomax_powers will become famous soon enoughmomax_powers will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplicityinsound View Post

b
I know its not listed as being able to but how do you think it would handle a 2ohm bridged load on channel 5-6?

Going to be using it to replace some jl slash amps

and heres a comparison of of the xdi1200.6 and jl hd for those wondering

and some guts
momax_powers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2014   #48
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by customaudioman View Post
cool, are you running the tweets off the rear ch and the mids off the front ch? are you active with the amp only? I guess if your using a DSP then it doesn't matter what ch on the amp.
Sorry- just saw this! My H800 took a dump on me- So I ended up running 6 channels out of my alpine 149bt to the amp... this allowed me active crossovers for the subs and time correction.

I then ran the tweeters off the rear channel of the amp using the onboard crossover- mid's off the rear channels of the headunit- front channels on the amp.

I had time alignment through the headunit- Car sounded pretty good....

Old 06-21-2014   #49

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 40 J.novak will become famous soon enoughJ.novak will become famous soon enoughJ.novak will become famous soon enoughJ.novak will become famous soon enoughJ.novak will become famous soon enoughJ.novak will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=momax_powers;2119436]I know its not listed as being able to but how do you think it would handle a 2ohm bridged load on channel 5-6?

I was using channels 5 and 6 to Power a 10w7 @ 3ohms, it worked perfectly. I talked to arc audios tech guy before I powered up my sub (just to cover my arse) and he couldn't officially tell me that I could or should run it at a 3 ohm load, but off the record, he said that the amp was overbuilt and would handle it like a champ. He also estimated output at 3 ohms to around 800w.
J.novak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2014   #50

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 60 bengl3rt will become famous soon enoughbengl3rt will become famous soon enoughbengl3rt will become famous soon enoughbengl3rt will become famous soon enoughbengl3rt will become famous soon enoughbengl3rt will become famous soon enough

Bump to say how happy I am with my 1100.5. Makes my Integras sound so sweet. Good amount of slam through the 8" as well.

1996 Acura NSX - Midnight Pearl
Pioneer DEH-80PRS -> Arc XDi 1100.5 -> Morel Hybrid Integra 602 + Audiomobile elite 2208
bengl3rt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement