Arc Audio XDi 1200.6 Review! - Page 3 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2014   #51
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 108 kizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Arc Audio XDi 1200.6 Review!

These are definitely quality amps. Glad you are enjoying it

Alpine HU, Alpine H800
Sinfoni Solo AD-LIB powering Sinfoni Eroico M series
Arc Audio XDI 1100.1 powering IDMAX 12

Car...sounds...awesome!!!
kizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2014   #52

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 62 CoLd_FuSiOn will become famous soon enoughCoLd_FuSiOn will become famous soon enoughCoLd_FuSiOn will become famous soon enoughCoLd_FuSiOn will become famous soon enoughCoLd_FuSiOn will become famous soon enoughCoLd_FuSiOn will become famous soon enough

If anyone's heard the Zed Audio Leviathan and the Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 v2 which one would you prefer in terms of their sonic characteristics? Can someone please shed some light on this?

CoLd_FuSiOn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2014   #53
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 137 turbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoLd_FuSiOn View Post
If anyone's heard the Zed Audio Leviathan and the Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 v2 which one would you prefer in terms of their sonic characteristics? Can someone please shed some light on this?
both are very clean... the zed trumps it in output but also in size. For reliability I'd go with the arc though.

Some equipment in some cars...
turbo5upra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014   #54

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 62 CoLd_FuSiOn will become famous soon enoughCoLd_FuSiOn will become famous soon enoughCoLd_FuSiOn will become famous soon enoughCoLd_FuSiOn will become famous soon enoughCoLd_FuSiOn will become famous soon enoughCoLd_FuSiOn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo5upra View Post
both are very clean... the zed trumps it in output but also in size. For reliability I'd go with the arc though.
Size isn't an issue for me, I've read there weren't any issues in the third version plus the leviathan is made in the USA, if the criterion was just the sq capability which one would you get assuming that you've heard it?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Old 08-25-2014   #55
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 137 turbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura about

I've owned both. I now own 2 xdi v2's. ;-)

Old 09-20-2014   #56

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 100 727south will become famous soon enough727south will become famous soon enough727south will become famous soon enough727south will become famous soon enough727south will become famous soon enough727south will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=dman;2108273]never a shut down.. better than the JLhd... only issue we had was the pioneer head, replaced that, and no issues.. just luck of the draw I guess.. love the amp..[/QUOTE
Dman i need to talk to you text me 727 238 1232 thanks
727south is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2014   #57

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 36 HighQman1974 will become famous soon enoughHighQman1974 will become famous soon enoughHighQman1974 will become famous soon enoughHighQman1974 will become famous soon enoughHighQman1974 will become famous soon enoughHighQman1974 will become famous soon enough

Just picked up a 600.4 this weekend. WOW what an amp.
HighQman1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2014   #58

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 EricB will become famous soon enoughEricB will become famous soon enoughEricB will become famous soon enoughEricB will become famous soon enoughEricB will become famous soon enoughEricB will become famous soon enough

Anyone know where I can get a deal on a Xdi1200.6. Fed up with my PDX issues. I dont think there are any dealers around the Sarasota FL area. They dont sell them online do they??
EricB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2014   #59
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 86 sirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoLd_FuSiOn View Post
Size isn't an issue for me, I've read there weren't any issues in the third version plus the leviathan is made in the USA, if the criterion was just the sq capability which one would you get assuming that you've heard it?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Made in the USA convinced me to get two of the latest version of ZED amps. Both are out for repair before I even installed them. If I could do it all over, I'd just get the XDi and a sub amp. But I am confident the ZEDs will outperform the XDi amplifiers... when they're fixed. So... there's that.

2016 Ford Mustang GT Performance Package
Steeda Ultralite/Pro-Action Suspension | Solo Performance Exhaust
sirbOOm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2014   #60

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo5upra View Post
I've owned both. I now own 2 xdi v2's. ;-)

Thank you sir
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbOOm View Post
Made in the USA convinced me to get two of the latest version of ZED amps. Both are out for repair before I even installed them. If I could do it all over, I'd just get the XDi and a sub amp. But I am confident the ZEDs will outperform the XDi amplifiers... when they're fixed. So... there's that.
Wow,that's kind of a bummer.I was inclined towards it in the first place but now I think i'll just have to look elsewhere,appreciate your feedback though.

Old 10-25-2014   #61

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 46 momax_powers will become famous soon enoughmomax_powers will become famous soon enoughmomax_powers will become famous soon enoughmomax_powers will become famous soon enoughmomax_powers will become famous soon enoughmomax_powers will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricB View Post
Anyone know where I can get a deal on a Xdi1200.6. Fed up with my PDX issues. I dont think there are any dealers around the Sarasota FL area. They dont sell them online do they??
I have one thats been used less than 8 hrs total playing time...i believe you can order it new from arc site and woofersetc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbOOm View Post
That sucks man....read many people have had issues with their levi III right outta the box... Maybe a bad batch, hope it all works out for you
momax_powers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2014   #62
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 95 Orion525iT has a spectacular aura aboutOrion525iT has a spectacular aura aboutOrion525iT has a spectacular aura aboutOrion525iT has a spectacular aura aboutOrion525iT has a spectacular aura aboutOrion525iT has a spectacular aura aboutOrion525iT has a spectacular aura aboutOrion525iT has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

What issues with the PDX?

I was weighing out the PDX over the Arc, since the Arc is another step up in price.
Orion525iT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2014   #63

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 EricB will become famous soon enoughEricB will become famous soon enoughEricB will become famous soon enoughEricB will become famous soon enoughEricB will become famous soon enoughEricB will become famous soon enough

I dont want to knock the PDX-Vp, I think I have just had bad luck. Both of the amplifiers, from two different suppliers, have had an overheating issue. Both amps start to heat up immediately. Within 45 minutes of being on, they were both too hot to put a hand on. I am running a Hybrid Clarus set active with a bmk IV sub. Gains set to abolute minimum. The amp still overheats with no sub, listening to an audiobook for an hour. Red light starts flashing and goes into reduced power mode. I am running 4 Ga from the batt and a 4 Ga ground that is less than 3'. I think the design and footprint of the amp are amazing but I just got two duds. Plenty of power, my last had a birth sheet of 4 x 130 with sub channel at 581.
Old 10-25-2014   #64
DIYMA 500 Club

Edgewater

Rep Power: 67 Hoptologist will become famous soon enoughHoptologist will become famous soon enoughHoptologist will become famous soon enoughHoptologist will become famous soon enoughHoptologist will become famous soon enoughHoptologist will become famous soon enoughHoptologist will become famous soon enough

^^I'm never getting Alpine amps again. I've only had one, but the experience was so bad that it put me off from ever trying them again. Overheated constantly, super hot to the touch. Got a JL after that one and no overheating problems, so it was definitely the amp. Of course, every line of amps will have issues or no issues for a given population. I've had no issues with JL and Arc, but others have.

Audison BitOne - Arc XDI V2 600.4, KS 2500.1 - Arc Black 6.2 - JBL W15GTi MkII
07 Accord Build Log
Hoptologist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2014   #65
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 127 customaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enough

I have yet to have a problem with the arc audio xdiv2 amps. Good, small powerful amp.
customaudioman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2014   #66

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 88 UNFORGIVEN has a spectacular aura aboutUNFORGIVEN has a spectacular aura aboutUNFORGIVEN has a spectacular aura aboutUNFORGIVEN has a spectacular aura aboutUNFORGIVEN has a spectacular aura aboutUNFORGIVEN has a spectacular aura aboutUNFORGIVEN has a spectacular aura aboutUNFORGIVEN has a spectacular aura aboutUNFORGIVEN has a spectacular aura aboutUNFORGIVEN has a spectacular aura about

I have one XDI 1200.6 brand new in box sitting for a couple months. Not sure if I want to install it though

Currently: *Hybrid Audio Legathia 3-Way Active Front Stage * (2) Morel Ultimo 12's * (2) Arc Audio 1100.1 XDi v2 (Strapped @1ohm) * (1) Arc Audio 1200.6 * RF 360.3 DSP*
UNFORGIVEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2014   #67

DIYMA freshman

I picked up a new one from a member here and I cant begin to tell you how impressed I am with it. It runs very cool, unlike my Alpine Space heater. The built if fan is quiet and keeps it very cool, while producing gobs and gobs of power. Its a noticeable difference from my Alpine PDX-V9. I am SOLD!! Now to get another BMKIV so I can really turn it loose! I absolutely love it!!
Old 11-09-2014   #68
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 65 1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I picked up a new one from a member here and I cant begin to tell you how impressed I am with it. It runs very cool, unlike my Alpine Space heater. The built if fan is quiet and keeps it very cool, while producing gobs and gobs of power. Its a noticeable difference from my Alpine PDX-V9. I am SOLD!! Now to get another BMKIV so I can really turn it loose! I absolutely love it!!
I've been trying to decide how to use my 1200.6 with my single BM MKIV sub. Would it be better to bridge 5&6 for ____?___watts running the sub at 8ohms , or use 5 OR 6 for 300 watts running the sub at 2 ohms. Any thoughts ?
1fishman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2014   #69

DIYMA freshman

I am running mine series at 8 ohm bridged on 5 & 6. Just make sure you set the switch to >4 ohm. It crushes my BMKIV, all the reason for ordering another one!!!!
Old 11-09-2014   #70

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 46 momax_powers will become famous soon enoughmomax_powers will become famous soon enoughmomax_powers will become famous soon enoughmomax_powers will become famous soon enoughmomax_powers will become famous soon enoughmomax_powers will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I am running mine series at 8 ohm bridged on 5 & 6. Just make sure you set the switch to >4 ohm. It crushes my BMKIV, all the reason for ordering another one!!!!
I have a similar dilemma and wondering if they are built stout enough for a 2ohm bridged load on the 5+6 channel
momax_powers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2014   #71
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 65 1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Great, thanks.
1fishman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2014   #72

DIYMA freshman

I called and asked an Arc. Tech and was told to absolutely NOT run bridged 2 Ohm. I was told the amplifier matches impedance so it will still produce full output wattage even at 8 Ohms.
Old 11-09-2014   #73
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

I'm running mine at 8 ohms and it keeps me happy.

Old 01-08-2015   #74

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 67 KBT2011 will become famous soon enoughKBT2011 will become famous soon enoughKBT2011 will become famous soon enoughKBT2011 will become famous soon enoughKBT2011 will become famous soon enoughKBT2011 will become famous soon enough

I am excited to try this amp. I won't be running an active setup though. I'll have HAT unity' up front and HAT mirus rear fills with an IDQ 10 bridged 5&6 at 600 RMS. Anxious to see how it sounds. Before others chime in, yes I may try and switch it up to an active setup down the road lol.
KBT2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2015   #75

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 59 Roper215 will become famous soon enoughRoper215 will become famous soon enoughRoper215 will become famous soon enoughRoper215 will become famous soon enoughRoper215 will become famous soon enoughRoper215 will become famous soon enough

I'm excited too, mine should arrive in less than a week.
Roper215 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement