Arc Audio XDi 1200.6 Review! - Page 5 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2015   #101
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 127 customaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Arc Audio XDi 1200.6 Review!

I just use heat shrink, it helps to keep the strains together tight. I never have a problem with copper showing.

Last edited by customaudioman; 06-24-2015 at 07:58 AM..
customaudioman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2015   #102

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Robertvon will become famous soon enoughRobertvon will become famous soon enoughRobertvon will become famous soon enoughRobertvon will become famous soon enoughRobertvon will become famous soon enoughRobertvon will become famous soon enough

Definitely thinking of getting one of these to pair up with my ARC PS8 , has anybody use this combo yet?
Robertvon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2015   #103
DIYMA 500 Club

Scott

Rep Power: 177 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbOOm View Post
Alright guys, I give up... how are you guys getting your regular 4AWG wire into the power terminals without seeing the copper if you move the wire even just slightly? The jacket of my wire will not also slip into the hole like in most other amps causing this.

Thinking about getting some of these: http://www.amazon.com/Morris-90971-P.../dp/B00UKGB4PO
I suggest these with shrink to hold them. CAF did a youtube on it.
Uninsulated Ferrules for Classes H, I, K and DLO Conductors at Ferrules Direct

2008 Civic Si Sedan - Sony RSX-GS9, Helix DSP Pro-2 & Director, JL Audio XD1000/5v2 (2), Audiofrog GB10 & GB25, Stereo Integrity TM65, Acoustic Elegance SBP12 (2)
Build Log
Babs is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015   #104
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 86 sirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura about

Well I love the amp but the power supply connection for + and - suck. The opening is too small and the opening doesn't allow for the jacket to countersink. Not the worst of faults, though compared to what all could go wrong in this world so I'm not worried about it.

I just did the trusty solder the end of the wire before removing the sheathing trick. It's fine now.
sirbOOm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2015   #105

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 62 CoLd_FuSiOn will become famous soon enoughCoLd_FuSiOn will become famous soon enoughCoLd_FuSiOn will become famous soon enoughCoLd_FuSiOn will become famous soon enoughCoLd_FuSiOn will become famous soon enoughCoLd_FuSiOn will become famous soon enough

Finally bit the bullet and bought one of these. Having come from Mcintosh amps, I'm totally satisfied with my purchase,smooth, dynamic and tons of power.

CoLd_FuSiOn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2015   #106

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 35 Lunchbox89 will become famous soon enoughLunchbox89 will become famous soon enoughLunchbox89 will become famous soon enoughLunchbox89 will become famous soon enoughLunchbox89 will become famous soon enoughLunchbox89 will become famous soon enough

Been eyeballing this amp for quite some time now. Thanks for your review. I want one!!!! Lol
Lunchbox89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2015   #107

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 86 mrgreenjeans71 will become famous soon enoughmrgreenjeans71 will become famous soon enoughmrgreenjeans71 will become famous soon enoughmrgreenjeans71 will become famous soon enoughmrgreenjeans71 will become famous soon enoughmrgreenjeans71 will become famous soon enough

Sometimes you'll hear a somebody say, "this amp is underrated." Meaning they think the amp has more power than they advertize. I don't think I've ever heard that about a class D amp. It's true that most Class D's already have plenty of power, so maybe it's just that their are no 50W D amps that need to sound louder?
mrgreenjeans71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2015   #108
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 55 Kriszilla will become famous soon enoughKriszilla will become famous soon enoughKriszilla will become famous soon enoughKriszilla will become famous soon enoughKriszilla will become famous soon enoughKriszilla will become famous soon enough

Depends on the amp. The 2 Alpine PDX-V9's and the PDX-M12 that I ran before my Arc's all had much higher than expected numbers on their birth sheets.

2013 Toyota Sienna XLE
AVIC-8100NEX -> Arc PS8 -> 2 x PDX-V9 (JL ZR800, ScanSpeak 10f & D3004 Beryllium) PDX-M12 (IDMAX 15 V.4)
Kriszilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2015   #109

Banned

Rep Power: 0 Dynamic SQ is on a distinguished roadDynamic SQ is on a distinguished roadDynamic SQ is on a distinguished roadDynamic SQ is on a distinguished roadDynamic SQ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriszilla View Post
Depends on the amp. The 2 Alpine PDX-V9's and the PDX-M12 that I ran before my Arc's all had much higher than expected numbers on their birth sheets.
....and I'm sure it was at a voltage 99% of the public will never maintain in a car.
Dynamic SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2015   #110
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 55 Kriszilla will become famous soon enoughKriszilla will become famous soon enoughKriszilla will become famous soon enoughKriszilla will become famous soon enoughKriszilla will become famous soon enoughKriszilla will become famous soon enough

Even so, at 12v it's still going to put out more wattage than normally rated for that voltage.

2013 Toyota Sienna XLE
AVIC-8100NEX -> Arc PS8 -> 2 x PDX-V9 (JL ZR800, ScanSpeak 10f & D3004 Beryllium) PDX-M12 (IDMAX 15 V.4)
Kriszilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2015   #111

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 25 Reerun_KC will become famous soon enoughReerun_KC will become famous soon enoughReerun_KC will become famous soon enoughReerun_KC will become famous soon enoughReerun_KC will become famous soon enoughReerun_KC will become famous soon enough

How does this amp compare to the audison av 5.1k?
Reerun_KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2015   #112

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 60 The Max will become famous soon enoughThe Max will become famous soon enoughThe Max will become famous soon enoughThe Max will become famous soon enoughThe Max will become famous soon enoughThe Max will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertvon View Post
Definitely thinking of getting one of these to pair up with my ARC PS8 , has anybody use this combo yet?
Works great. Oddly enough, with my PS8, I find that I'm using my XDi v2 600.4 with the gains turned all the way down to minimum. I'm guessing they're a perfect match, so no gain from the amp required but I would've expected the minimum gain setting on the amp would be something less than unity.

At any rate, it sounds WAY better than the shitty Rockford Fosgate Power T800-ad that I had in there before. Much lower noise floor and the higher end of the spectrum in the audio playing doesn't sound rough anymore. Fantastic little beast and the perfect partner for the PS8.

Like everyone else though, the power connection sucks balls. That's a fundamental design flaw which I'm surprised Arc got wrong. The Rockford had more generously sized terminals to accommodate the 4GA cable. I ended up using ferrules that I had spare in my toolbox to keep them in place, though sirb00m's idea of thinly tinning the front end with solder and then stripping the end of the cable is an acceptable trick too.
The Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2015   #113

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 62 CoLd_FuSiOn will become famous soon enoughCoLd_FuSiOn will become famous soon enoughCoLd_FuSiOn will become famous soon enoughCoLd_FuSiOn will become famous soon enoughCoLd_FuSiOn will become famous soon enoughCoLd_FuSiOn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Max View Post
Works great. Oddly enough, with my PS8, I find that I'm using my XDi v2 600.4 with the gains turned all the way down to minimum. I'm guessing they're a perfect match, so no gain from the amp required but I would've expected the minimum gain setting on the amp would be something less than unity.

At any rate, it sounds WAY better than the shitty Rockford Fosgate Power T800-ad that I had in there before. Much lower noise floor and the higher end of the spectrum in the audio playing doesn't sound rough anymore. Fantastic little beast and the perfect partner for the PS8.

Like everyone else though, the power connection sucks balls. That's a fundamental design flaw which I'm surprised Arc got wrong. The Rockford had more generously sized terminals to accommodate the 4GA cable. I ended up using ferrules that I had spare in my toolbox to keep them in place, though sirb00m's idea of thinly tinning the front end with solder and then stripping the end of the cable is an acceptable trick too.
The gains on this amp start from 3.5 volts that's why with most high voltage sources it's not necessary to turn them up.

It does sound great even at high volume levels.

Another alternative is you can divide the stripped off wire end into half and use a cutter to cut one half off and then use the remaining strands to hook up the wire to the amp, having tried it myself no problems at all.

Sent from my One Plus One using Tapatalk

CoLd_FuSiOn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2015   #114

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 60 The Max will become famous soon enoughThe Max will become famous soon enoughThe Max will become famous soon enoughThe Max will become famous soon enoughThe Max will become famous soon enoughThe Max will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoLd_FuSiOn View Post
The gains on this amp start from 3.5 volts that's why with most high voltage sources it's not necessary to turn them up.
Makes sense.

Quote:
Another alternative is you can divide the stripped off wire end into half and use a cutter to cut one half off and then use the remaining strands to hook up the wire to the amp, having tried it myself no problems at all.
And you're right, there wouldn't be any problems but I'm a perfectionist. All in or all out.
The Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2015   #115

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Go2Sleep will become famous soon enoughGo2Sleep will become famous soon enoughGo2Sleep will become famous soon enoughGo2Sleep will become famous soon enoughGo2Sleep will become famous soon enoughGo2Sleep will become famous soon enough

im running one of these in my vehicle and love it.

I have two morel ultimo's single 2ohm each and strapping:

(2) 1100.1 xdi strapped @1ohm

highly not recommended or can they handle it?
Go2Sleep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2016   #116
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 119 eviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rough

I'm looking for the damping rating on these i cant seem to find it..the xdi manual doesnt say either from what i've seen. i didn't read it 100% but i read a fair bit and read all the specs but nothing :-\

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg708/scaled.php?server=708&filename=89483214.jpg&res=me  dium
ZED audio, Hybrid Audio, FI audio, M-Audio, Custom carputer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYMA View Post
PS. Tell your boss to stop sending me pictures of his cock.
eviling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2016   #117

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 37 WhiteL02 will become famous soon enoughWhiteL02 will become famous soon enoughWhiteL02 will become famous soon enoughWhiteL02 will become famous soon enoughWhiteL02 will become famous soon enoughWhiteL02 will become famous soon enough

I called and talked to them awhile back and they told me it was 300 at 4ohm.
WhiteL02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2016   #118
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 119 eviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rough

really? i wonder what the damping rating on the moto's are, that must be the big difference in the amps. I really want something high end...well i just want as much as i can get and i wanna run my arc black 12 at 4 ohms,

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg708/scaled.php?server=708&filename=89483214.jpg&res=me  dium
Quote:
Old 01-28-2016   #119
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 275 Onyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond repute

Damping factor specs are possibly the most overrated and meaningless specifications. It doesn't make one amplifier better than another, and it certainly doesn't mean a paticular amplifier is "high-end" because it has a high damping factor.
Onyx1136 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2016   #120
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

oh? well just trying to decide practicly, if i can't read specs, how can one decide what to buy purley on what people say they think sounds good car audio's annoying at times...just trying to bring some sense to the madness. I do like how this OP compared the HD's because i was considering the HD's vrs these right now. their pretty comparable it seems in many reguards, i still dont understand the difference in the moto line from arc :\

Quote:
Old 01-28-2016   #121
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 275 Onyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond repute

That's not to say that no specifications matter. Just that damping factor isn't a useful specification for comparing one amplifier to another.

And once you reach a certain minimum build quality, most all amplifiers are going to have very similar specs. Picking between one amplifier and another based on specifications is a crap shoot at best. Even low quality products can have published specs that are just as good as a high-end product. There's no governing body that fact checks the manufacturer to make sure they're playing fair.

If you're deciding between the Arc xdi and JL HD amplifiers, IMO you really can't go wrong either way. Both are well built, sound clean, and make plenty of power. If the look or finish of a certain amplifier fits better in your install, that's as good of a reason as any to choose that particular one.
Onyx1136 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2016   #122
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 127 customaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enoughcustomaudioman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviling View Post
oh? well just trying to decide practicly, if i can't read specs, how can one decide what to buy purley on what people say they think sounds good car audio's annoying at times...just trying to bring some sense to the madness. I do like how this OP compared the HD's because i was considering the HD's vrs these right now. their pretty comparable it seems in many reguards, i still dont understand the difference in the moto line from arc :\
The Moto Amplifier was designed to fit in a motorcycle. pretty much the same specs as the xdiv2 600.4. The Moto is smaller in size to help with mounting in the fairing.
Old 01-30-2016   #123
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by customaudioman View Post
The Moto Amplifier was designed to fit in a motorcycle. pretty much the same specs as the xdiv2 600.4. The Moto is smaller in size to help with mounting in the fairing.
Yeah that's what it looked like thought maybe it was a higher end version with gold capped caps and or something along them lines. But it had the same sowcs I was like why would they even waste time.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Old 01-30-2016   #124
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviling View Post
Yeah that's what it looked like thought maybe it was a higher end version with gold capped caps and or something along them lines. But it had the same sowcs I was like why would they even waste time.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
yeah your paying the extra for the smaller size( size of a single din headunit), the weather protected board which can withstand outside exposure temperatures and elements.

Old 07-19-2016   #125
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 30 MrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enough

Default Arc Audio XDi 1200.6 Review!

Sorry to resurrect an old thread BUT...

Thanks for this review. I've been toying with the idea of finding a 6 channel amp (that had enough power at 4 ohms) to run my whole front stage (3-way) active...minimizing the amount of amplifiers I have to mount in my vehicle.

I guess my biggest concern was....will doing a Class D amp on my mids/tweets sacrifice some SQ compared to running a Class A/B. (And I'm sure the answer is yes in some form or fashion)

Sounds like these things still do the job well enough tho. Thinking of pairing this one, with the Arc Audio KS 2500.1...it does 1400 watts at 2 ohms.

Feed it to my two Audiofrog GB12D2's. 700 watts to each sub....golden!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrGreen83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement