Dynex Best Buy Banana plugs - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2014   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 101 Alrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enough

Default Dynex Best Buy Banana plugs

I thought I would share my experience with these banana plugs. I like these because the boots cover all the area we do not want exposed, 2 screws hold the wire, I am sure they also work with 12 gauge wire despite best buy's information on their site.

I like these to dress up the installation and prevent damage to the wire, if we connect and disconnect them all the time. They will work with most amplifiers that have a set screw for the speaker terminals, and they are inexpensive.

2 pairs are included (4 plugs, 2 red and 2 black boots) for the price.

Dynex Speaker Wire Banana Plugs DX-AV290 - Best Buy

Al

Pioneer Deh 80 Prs, JBL MS amps

Last edited by Alrojoca; 10-27-2014 at 04:28 PM..
Alrojoca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2014   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 101 Alrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Dynex Best Buy Banana plugs

Al

Old 10-27-2014   #3
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 48 SQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enough

I never taught of using these on the amps. Would it create a secure connection? I guess I have to try it. Also, will the setscrew crush the banana plug?

Avoid trading time for $$$ with few short-term exceptions.
SQLnovice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Yes, in fact I used them quite a bit with the JBL ms amp, the holes are huge on those amps even for bare wire and these plugs fill up the gap better, the set screw will only crush the connector if you screw it very tight, you only tighten it just to be secure it enough, and they will be be fine and will not come off, I have put them on and removed them in the ms amp at least 8-10 times, and they still look good and in good shape, the gold plating is holding very well too.

The picture of the single plug I posted I know it's not a good one and that was taken only a couple of days ago, and that one have been removed maybe even more times recently that I set the gains on that kappa amp like 12 plus times with my dilema I posted on another thread, and I had to disconnect it to avoid the loud noise with the test tone setting the voltage gains.

Here is a photo with the MS Amps

Al

Last edited by Alrojoca; 10-28-2014 at 12:57 AM..
Old 10-28-2014   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Extra picture added above showing my JBL amps

Al

Old 08-27-2015   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

I thought I would bump this review.

Recently I upgraded my doors wiring to 12 gauge and these connectors took the wire without any fitting issues, the screws may be a bit high but the booth can still be moved and can stretch easy to cover the proper area as needed and shown.

Resistance added is insignificant, being 0.04 to 0.06 ohms would be my guess based on
0.1 -0 ohm erratic peaks using my DMM having limitations measuring fractions of less than 0.1 ohms.
Old 03-09-2016   #7

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 132 jamesjones will become famous soon enoughjamesjones will become famous soon enoughjamesjones will become famous soon enoughjamesjones will become famous soon enoughjamesjones will become famous soon enoughjamesjones will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered eight for my current project using MS amps.
jamesjones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2016   #8
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Victory Sonics

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 155 Victor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the rough

I use these for my home theater, love`em!
Victor_inox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2016   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Great! These have made things way easier for me, prevent damage to the wire from screws more strands falling all over, and a also reduce stress at the insulation and connector point. It makes it way easier to install in those over size amplifier terminals that take gauge as big as #8, I can connect and disconnect them many times preserving the wire rather than wearing it out and having to cut and strip insulation again. I used to thin solder the leads but in my opinion these dress up the installation.

Al

Old 03-10-2016   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 135 I800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of light

dang...I had thought about adding them and just haven't gotten around to it. Glad to know they'll work well with the MS amps

Don't mistake activity for accomplishment.
My '13 Jetta build...not finished
I800C0LLECT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2016   #11

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 132 jamesjones will become famous soon enoughjamesjones will become famous soon enoughjamesjones will become famous soon enoughjamesjones will become famous soon enoughjamesjones will become famous soon enoughjamesjones will become famous soon enough

Heads up to you guys on these. I ordered them the 9th and opted to pick them up at the store to save on shipping and they just came in today. I don't know if it's because they took so long or because they didn't come in the fancy package (came in tiny zip locks) but they only charged me 1.99 for each set.

You guys might want to give it a shot yourself if you need some. I'm going to.
Old 03-17-2016   #12
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Victory Sonics

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 155 Victor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesjones View Post
Heads up to you guys on these. I ordered them the 9th and opted to pick them up at the store to save on shipping and they just came in today. I don't know if it's because they took so long or because they didn't come in the fancy package (came in tiny zip locks) but they only charged me 1.99 for each set.

You guys might want to give it a shot yourself if you need some. I'm going to.
where are they for 1.99 per set? BB listed 4.99
Victor_inox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2016   #13

DIYMA Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
where are they for 1.99 per set? BB listed 4.99
They aren't listed for that but it's what I paid when I picked them up from BB.
Old 03-18-2016   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Chances are you got an open box item at a good discount James.

Al

Last edited by Alrojoca; 03-20-2016 at 06:20 PM..
Old 05-28-2016   #15

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 25 KrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enough

Very neat idea! Thanks for sharing.
KrautNotRice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2016   #16

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 18 caraudiopimps will become famous soon enoughcaraudiopimps will become famous soon enoughcaraudiopimps will become famous soon enoughcaraudiopimps will become famous soon enoughcaraudiopimps will become famous soon enoughcaraudiopimps will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesjones View Post
They aren't listed for that but it's what I paid when I picked them up from BB.
The cost on those is very, very, very, very low. Like probably well below a dollar.

In fact, all dynex, insignia, rocketfish, and platinum (probably forgetting a few) brands is very low, because best buy is the manufacturer of said brands, so their cost is exactly equal to manufacturering and shipping. Some of the products are really great quality too, some are not, examine before you buy, and be aware they don't pay much for those products if trying to negotiate price on a large (or small) purchase.

Source: Used to work for BBY.
caraudiopimps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement