Comprehensive Review: " APL1 " - Advanced DSP / EQ / Phase Correction Unit - Page 18 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #426
Upgrade Your Membership!

http://*****aplaudio*****/

12V Company:
Acoustic Power Lab APL
Position:
chairman

Rep Power: 34 Raimonds will become famous soon enoughRaimonds will become famous soon enoughRaimonds will become famous soon enoughRaimonds will become famous soon enoughRaimonds will become famous soon enoughRaimonds will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Comprehensive Review: " APL1 " - Advanced DSP / EQ / Phase Correction Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverlim View Post
The Aux input unfortunately runs seperately a the high level inputs. I need the rears of the high level input as that is connected to my rear parking sensors sound. So i I have music playing on the aux, I will not hear my parking sensors sound. Thats why i am checking if it is possible to convert rca back to Speaker level and to do so at a good enough quality level.

Can you explain more about the android device? i do not see it on your web site.

I assume I need to purchase the apl workshop as well to measure the Car response? Or does it come with the apl1?
And what about Optical SPDIF-Toslink input?
You should use an Android device of your choice - a phone, a mini PC, a head unit - to play your music (it probably will replace your idrive). Than it is possible to run the APL`s equalizer on such device as an app. Workshop software and APL1 unit are products that are creating a set but they are being sold separately. You should have Workshop to create EQ files for app on Android device.

Raimonds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #427

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 93 LumbermanSVO will become famous soon enoughLumbermanSVO will become famous soon enoughLumbermanSVO will become famous soon enoughLumbermanSVO will become famous soon enoughLumbermanSVO will become famous soon enoughLumbermanSVO will become famous soon enoughLumbermanSVO will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Comprehensive Review: " APL1 " - Advanced DSP / EQ / Phase Correction Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimonds View Post
by use of parameter "EQ zero level" in Workshop software. If you set it to -15 for example, you will have 15 dB attenuation in fir filter
Somehow I didn't see that setting, usefull!

When the top comes off, the tops come off!
1986 Bronco Build
2010 Miata Build
LumbermanSVO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #428

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 93 LumbermanSVO will become famous soon enoughLumbermanSVO will become famous soon enoughLumbermanSVO will become famous soon enoughLumbermanSVO will become famous soon enoughLumbermanSVO will become famous soon enoughLumbermanSVO will become famous soon enoughLumbermanSVO will become famous soon enough

I took two measurements with TDA today, this is with the APL1 set to flat:

And with the tune I posted last night:

Some parts look better before, some look better after.

1986 Bronco Build
2010 Miata Build
Old 1 Week Ago   #429
Upgrade Your Membership!

12V Company:
Acoustic Power Lab APL
Position:
chairman

Rep Power: 34 Raimonds will become famous soon enoughRaimonds will become famous soon enoughRaimonds will become famous soon enoughRaimonds will become famous soon enoughRaimonds will become famous soon enoughRaimonds will become famous soon enough

Thank you for nice examples!
They are far field pictures when ambient sound field is dominating over direct sound. It is showing the real complexity of a Car environment.
It can not be improved by any electronic (correction) means.
This picture is changing dramatically from one to another mic position point.
It is possible to find a point with better direct - ambient sound ratio to use it to set the timing.
We can improve this picture only by right loudspeaker`s placement.
It is possible to get such picture even in a car:

You can see the serious timing error in LF caused by a blind tuning by use of a ruler ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dmitrijs.jpg (19.1 KB, 72 views)

Old 1 Week Ago   #430
Upgrade Your Membership!

12V Company:
Acoustic Power Lab APL
Position:
chairman

And following previous question.
Such TDA image may be in case when a wide band loudspeaker is used for all the way to 20 kHz. Such loudspeaker has very uneven directivity and strong side lobes. That lobes are are creating reflections that are stronger then direct sound.

Old 1 Week Ago   #431

DIYMA Novice

It would be interesting to do a tune with Workshop with the top down and compare it with the top up tune. Even more interesting to see the TDA charts between the two. Unfortunately, I just shipped the laptop I do my testing with off to a show, and I leave to go work that show on Sunday. I have three shows in a row and won't be home to do any more tuning and testing until March.

However, in March I'll have all my new speakers ready to install.

1986 Bronco Build
2010 Miata Build
Old 1 Week Ago   #432

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 128 felix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverlim View Post
Can you explain more about the android device? i do not see it on your web site.
I am awaiting more information on this as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimonds View Post
You should have Workshop to create EQ files for app on Android device.
So there is a stand alone android app that will accept the APL workshop file??
felix509 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #433
Upgrade Your Membership!

12V Company:
Acoustic Power Lab APL
Position:
chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix509 View Post
So there is a stand alone android app that will accept the APL workshop file??
Yes, the app emulates APL1 unit or APL EP1 VST plugin.

Old 1 Week Ago   #434

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 40 Alextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enough

What Raimonds suggests is an app called Viper4android, which comprises an convolver capable to work with the 7files made from measurements carried out by the Workshop.

So you do not need apl1 box in a car, if you have android based head unit or smartphone as a source.

Using smartphone, it is possible to listen music from in-built speaker, ear-phone or another device connected by bluetooth or usb cable. Starting from Lollipop, all android versions support USB audio out. In this case you can just use the latest version of Poweramp or USB recorder Pro from the Google Play.

It is possible to get correction files to every acoustic system you own. Really smart

Sendt fra min GT-I9505 med Tapatalk

Alpine CDA137BTi, Alpine CHA-S604, Hidizs AP100, Meridian Explorer DAC, Eton PA 4506,3way SO Audio front, APL1 sound processor, Peerless XLS 10'', JL Audio 500/1 monoblock
Alextaastrup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #435

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 128 felix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the reply...

I have been working on getting BruteFIR to work with my gear, will APL Workshop files work with BruteFIR on a linux system? SO far I have only seen PCM or WAV files used for the Brutefir filters.

I am still reading and learning BruteFIR, it is alot to learn at once...

If I am able to use one less piece of gear(APL1) and use the BruteFIR as convolver instead, that would be amazing..
felix509 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #436
Upgrade Your Membership!

12V Company:
Acoustic Power Lab APL
Position:
chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix509 View Post
Thanks for the reply...

I have been working on getting BruteFIR to work with my gear, will APL Workshop files work with BruteFIR on a linux system? SO far I have only seen PCM or WAV files used for the Brutefir filters.

I am still reading and learning BruteFIR, it is alot to learn at once...

If I am able to use one less piece of gear(APL1) and use the BruteFIR as convolver instead, that would be amazing..
Yes, it is possible to convert APL`s fir files to any third party fir filter file format on demand.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement