Comprehensive Review: " APL1 " - Advanced DSP / EQ / Phase Correction Unit - Page 27 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #651
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 116 subterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Comprehensive Review: " APL1 " - Advanced DSP / EQ / Phase Correction Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainobvious View Post
I'd be interested in learning about it. I'm up in PA, but could come down to VA if that works.
I might come up to Williamsburg with the Audi if you came down, Steve. Bring the golf clubs, even.

2013 Audi S6 Quattro
2nd Place IASCA Pro/Am @ 2015 Finals
2nd Place MECA Modified @ 2015 Finals
1st Place MECA Modified @ 2016 SBN
subterFUSE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to subterFUSE For This Useful Post:
captainobvious (1 Week Ago)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #652
DIYMA 500 Club

Scott

Rep Power: 177 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Comprehensive Review: " APL1 " - Advanced DSP / EQ / Phase Correction Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by subterFUSE View Post
I might come up to Williamsburg with the Audi if you came down, Steve. Bring the golf clubs, even.

Awe now that's too many bad bad habits in one place. Car audio. Golf. What's next? Got it.. You need a bad motorcycle fetish to throw in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2008 Civic Si Sedan - Sony RSX-GS9, Helix DSP Pro-2 & Director, JL Audio XD1000/5v2 (2), Audiofrog GB10 & GB25, Stereo Integrity TM65, Acoustic Elegance SBP12 (2)
Build Log
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #653
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 116 subterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
Awe now that's too many bad bad habits in one place. Car audio. Golf. What's next? Got it.. You need a bad motorcycle fetish to throw in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No motorcycles. My brother has a Ducati Street Fighter S.
But I ain't riding that thing. Yikes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2013 Audi S6 Quattro

Old 1 Week Ago   #654

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 98 LumbermanSVO will become famous soon enoughLumbermanSVO will become famous soon enoughLumbermanSVO will become famous soon enoughLumbermanSVO will become famous soon enoughLumbermanSVO will become famous soon enoughLumbermanSVO will become famous soon enoughLumbermanSVO will become famous soon enough

I'll have at least one day off in AC, I'll know more tomorrow and get back to you!

When the top comes off, the tops come off!
1986 Bronco Build
2010 Miata Build
LumbermanSVO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to LumbermanSVO For This Useful Post:
Old 1 Week Ago   #655
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 132 I800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of light

I live in Williamsburg! Mind if I stop in to listen to some APL goodness?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Don't mistake activity for accomplishment.
My '13 Jetta build...not finished
I800C0LLECT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #656

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 98 LumbermanSVO will become famous soon enoughLumbermanSVO will become famous soon enoughLumbermanSVO will become famous soon enoughLumbermanSVO will become famous soon enoughLumbermanSVO will become famous soon enoughLumbermanSVO will become famous soon enoughLumbermanSVO will become famous soon enough

In Williamgsburg, VA I should have the afternoon of 5/13 off, at the very least, I will have that evening off. I'll be working and staying at the Kingsmill Resort.

In Atlantic City I WILL have 5/25 off and should have the afternoon of 5/28 off. I'll actually be working and staying at the Seaview Resort in Galloway, NJ.

1986 Bronco Build
2010 Miata Build
Old 1 Week Ago   #657
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumbermanSVO View Post
In Williamgsburg, VA I should have the afternoon of 5/13 off, at the very least, I will have that evening off. I'll be working and staying at the Kingsmill Resort.

In Atlantic City I WILL have 5/25 off and should have the afternoon of 5/28 off. I'll actually be working and staying at the Seaview Resort in Galloway, NJ.

5/13 works for me. I could play golf in the morning and tune in the afternoon or evening.

Can buy you dinner or beers after, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 Audi S6 Quattro
Old 1 Week Ago   #658

DIYMA Novice

Th 13th it is then! There is a little bar just by the course called The Sportsman, it's a great place to grab a brew.

1986 Bronco Build
2010 Miata Build
Old 1 Week Ago   #659
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Rep Power: 194 captainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of light

I'll put that date in my calendar as well. 5/13 it is

I'm a lousy golfer John (Don't get enough time to play), but I do enjoy playing. If it works time wise, I'll let you know if I'm able to join you.

------------------------------------------------------
2016 Pennsylvania State Champion- MECA Modex
2016 National Points Champion- MECA Modex
2016 National Points Champion- IASCA Amateur
captainobvious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #660

DIYMA Novice

Awesome!

1986 Bronco Build
2010 Miata Build
Old 1 Week Ago   #661
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:

I'm a lousy golfer John (Don't get enough time to play), but I do enjoy playing. If it works time wise, I'll let you know if I'm able to join you.

I'll book a tee time in the morning just to be safe.

I'm just starting to get back into golf myself.

2013 Audi S6 Quattro
Old 1 Week Ago   #662
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

I booked a hotel room at the Colonial Williamsburg resort. We will be able to play the Golden Horseshoe Golf Club since I'll be a resort guest.

The Gold Course is closed until July.

But the Green Course will be open and it's awesome. Rees Jones design. I'll have a tee time reserved for the morning of the 13th. Can always cancel later if necessary.

2013 Audi S6 Quattro
Old 1 Week Ago   #663

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 45 Alextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enough

I wish I be there with all of you, guys. But the distance... God luck!

Sendt fra min GT-I9505 med Tapatalk

Alpine CDA137BTi, Alpine CHA-S604, Hidizs AP100, Meridian Explorer DAC, Eton PA 4506,3way SO Audio front, APL1 sound processor, Peerless XLS 10'', JL Audio 500/1 monoblock
Alextaastrup is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #664

DIYMA Novice

I got my second APL1, yay!

If you want, we can throw it in the loop of your setup so you can hear the difference it makes in your actual system. If you don't have easy access to your RCA's, then maybe an AUX input?

1986 Bronco Build
2010 Miata Build
Old 1 Week Ago   #665
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumbermanSVO View Post
I got my second APL1, yay!

If you want, we can throw it in the loop of your setup so you can hear the difference it makes in your actual system. If you don't have easy access to your RCA's, then maybe an AUX input?

Not sure I catch your drift?

I already have an APL1 installed. Are you saying test out a second one?

2013 Audi S6 Quattro
Old 1 Week Ago   #666
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:

10:00 AM tee time at Golden Horseshoe - Green course is reserved. My treat.

2013 Audi S6 Quattro
Old 1 Week Ago   #667
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 12 dcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enough

Where is everyone buying those APL-1? Also thanks to Lumbermansvo for offering to help. I contacted him by email and he couldnt have been a more generous guy. Hope to meet him sometime when I got everything in
dcfis is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #668
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 12 dcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enough

Also, my car has balanced diff outputs. Does the APL1 accept these? Some kinda XLR connector?
Old 1 Week Ago   #669

DIYMA Novice

Quote:
Not sure I catch your drift?

I already have an APL1 installed. Are you saying test out a second one?
I should have clarified, "For those who don't have one yet"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfis View Post
Also, my car has balanced diff outputs. Does the APL1 accept these? Some kinda XLR connector?
Does it have three legs for each channel? Ground, +, and - ? If so, that should be pretty easy to adapt to XLR, and Raimonds makes a unit with XLR connectors. If you just have Ground and +, then you should be fine with the RCA model.

Also, you buy them direct from Raimonds at Acoustic Power Lab :: Home or you might be able to pick up a used one in the classifieds, but don't count on that.

1986 Bronco Build
2010 Miata Build
dcfis (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #670
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Novice

I have a +,-,and shield.

OK so the APL-1 unit by itself will be all that I need? or is the 270 Euro software needed also?
Old 1 Week Ago   #671

DIYMA Novice

You need the hardware and the "Workshop" software.

1986 Bronco Build
2010 Miata Build
subterFUSE (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #672
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

I want to learn how to do the advanced FIR filter time alignment stuff by frequency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 Audi S6 Quattro
Old 1 Week Ago   #673

DIYMA Novice

I need to learn more about that too. I know you can export file from TDA and into Workshop, but I haven't massed with that yet.

1986 Bronco Build
2010 Miata Build
Old 1 Week Ago   #674
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Rep Power: 194 captainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of lightcaptainobvious is a glorious beacon of light

I finally played with the Workshop software today and imported some FIR filters into Foobar2000 VST plugin to sample. It ended up being very bass heavy. I think I need to figure out the best way to do the actual measurements. I used one of my own basic target response files as a "T" correction in the measurement section.

Old 1 Week Ago   #675
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Quote:
10:00 AM tee time at Golden Horseshoe - Green course is reserved. My treat.
Very kind of you John! I'm looking forward to hacking my way through with you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement