TDA (Time-domain analysis) - Measurement Software - Review - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2016   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 48 Alextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enough

Default Re: TDA (Time-domain analysis) - Measurement Software - Review

Some more pictures from the last tests with TDA:

Pic1. Mutual cancelling of the front channels (appr. 260, 460, 800, 1600Hz) and influence of the infrasonic filter.

Pic.2 - Best possible dfr for the present install (3way passive)

Pic.3 - 2D delay presentation

As one can see, cancellations on the first pic. are gone. Without infrasonic filter the sub became "closer" to the front. Sounds more tight and accurate.

Mutual cancelling and ultrasonic filter.jpg
dfr.jpg
2D.jpg

Alpine CDA137BTi, Alpine CHA-S604, Hidizs AP100, Meridian Explorer DAC, Eton PA 4506,3way SO Audio front, APL1 sound processor, Peerless XLS 10'', JL Audio 500/1 monoblock
Alextaastrup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2016   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 257 claydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond repute

Ok gentlemen, I need help in figuring out what I'm doing wrong. I went to the apl/tda website, and decided I'd try the tda trial software.....so I was informed I needed to download some software, don't remember the name......version 2013 8.1mat play or sumthin.... and I followed the link and did that....then I downloaded the trial version of tda. The only evidence I see of tda on my computer is the installer program....I've installed a number of times yet still no tda on my computer that I can find.....ugh. Can someone please walk me through exactly what they've done to make this work on their computer? I hope so, I've read the directions on the tda site, and I'm obviously missing something. Please someone help this barely computer literate feller out!
claydo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2016   #28
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 48 Alextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enough

In order to use TDA you need to download and install Mathworks Matlab compiler runtime (MCR) 2013a 8.1 according to your operating system type, Windows 32 or 64bit!

Please check what version of windows you have on your PC - 32 or 64. I have never had issues during installation of this program on XP.

Alpine CDA137BTi, Alpine CHA-S604, Hidizs AP100, Meridian Explorer DAC, Eton PA 4506,3way SO Audio front, APL1 sound processor, Peerless XLS 10'', JL Audio 500/1 monoblock

Old 03-23-2016   #29
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 257 claydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond repute

Ok....I did that windows 7 64 bit......I did this before I even downloaded the tda software. Anything I could be missing?

I did get a message saying the tda may not have installed correctly....mtry again with recommended settings....but still no good......ugh.
Old 03-23-2016   #30
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 298 Hanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond repute

Tried uninstall then reinstall? Try starting the program as administrator.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

# In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act # (George Orwell)

- Build Thread 1, Mercedes-Benz E 320T (2000) -

- Build Thread 2, VW Passat 1.8T (2000) -
Hanatsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2016   #31
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

I will try when I get home today....thanks!
Old 03-23-2016   #32
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 76 Beckerson1 will become famous soon enoughBeckerson1 will become famous soon enoughBeckerson1 will become famous soon enoughBeckerson1 will become famous soon enoughBeckerson1 will become famous soon enoughBeckerson1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatsu View Post
Tried uninstall then reinstall? Try starting the program as administrator.

I usually have to run as Admin to get mine to work so definitely worth the try

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."

-Ronald Reagan-
Beckerson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2016   #33
DIYMA 500 Club

Scott

Rep Power: 180 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatsu View Post
No loopback required, a USB mic will work fine. The only thing you have do is to place the mic at the headrest then press "measure".

By Thor's Hammer! I must try it! Only I bet since my darn laptop sound card is a goner and won't output sound I'm screwed I bet.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

2008 Civic Si Sedan - Sony RSX-GS9, Helix DSP Pro-2 & Director, JL Audio XD1000/5v2 (2), Audiofrog GB10/GB25/GB60, Acoustic Elegance SBP12 (2)
Build Log
Babs is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2016   #34
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 76 Beckerson1 will become famous soon enoughBeckerson1 will become famous soon enoughBeckerson1 will become famous soon enoughBeckerson1 will become famous soon enoughBeckerson1 will become famous soon enoughBeckerson1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
By Thor's Hammer! I must try it! Only I bet since my darn laptop sound card is a goner and won't output sound I'm screwed I bet.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk
ya you need output from the laptop.

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."

-Ronald Reagan-
Beckerson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2016   #35
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 298 Hanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond repute

My goal with my new build is to produce a TDA plot that shows 0ms delay at all frequencies :P

Might sound impossible but I'd like to try, with properly implemented FIR processing, the low frequency group delay can be removed to a large degree...

# In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act # (George Orwell)

Old 03-23-2016   #36
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 42 brumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by claydo View Post
Ok gentlemen, I need help in figuring out what I'm doing wrong. I went to the apl/tda website, and decided I'd try the tda trial software.....so I was informed I needed to download some software, don't remember the name......version 2013 8.1mat play or sumthin.... and I followed the link and did that....then I downloaded the trial version of tda. The only evidence I see of tda on my computer is the installer program....I've installed a number of times yet still no tda on my computer that I can find.....ugh. Can someone please walk me through exactly what they've done to make this work on their computer? I hope so, I've read the directions on the tda site, and I'm obviously missing something. Please someone help this barely computer literate feller out!
Mine was doing the same thing, you need to extract the files from the zip, then just click on the little TDA icon like normal.
brumledb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2016   #37
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by brumledb View Post
Mine was doing the same thing, you need to extract the files from the zip, then just click on the little TDA icon like normal.
Awesome....I'll try that, so far no luck, thanks!
Old 03-24-2016   #38
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 67 Elgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Ok....I did that windows 7 64 bit......I did this before I even downloaded the tda software. Anything I could be missing?

I did get a message saying the tda may not have installed correctly....mtry again with recommended settings....but still no good......ugh.
I had this message too but with APL workshop, it was the wrong matlab thing installed. But it seems you have the right one (8.**).
With TDA I have a popup every time I start, something about admin rights, but it works.

Horny Froggy...
Elgrosso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2016   #39
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Did you install it as admin too? Try 32bit version even if you use 64bit. Also did you install matlab before tda?

Old 03-24-2016   #40
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

I did, but at first I had the wrong version of matlab.....so I uninstalled the wrong version, as well as the start up file for tda......got the right matlab, then went back and got tda again. I didn't get the chance to meet with it yesterday, so maybe this evening I will drag the laptop back out and try again...........thanks guys for all the suggestions, I may be back tonight if it doesent pan out......lol. I didn't specifically make any choices about admin.....is this something I need to go to another menu to choose as an option?
Old 03-24-2016   #41
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 42 brumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enough

Default TDA (Time-domain analysis) - Measurement Software - Review

Quote:
I did, but at first I had the wrong version of matlab.....so I uninstalled the wrong version, as well as the start up file for tda......got the right matlab, then went back and got tda again. I didn't get the chance to meet with it yesterday, so maybe this evening I will drag the laptop back out and try again...........thanks guys for all the suggestions, I may be back tonight if it doesent pan out......lol. I didn't specifically make any choices about admin.....is this something I need to go to another menu to choose as an option?

Yes, there is a specific option for opening it as admin. Right click on the TDA icon that opens the program and you will get a menu of options. You will see an option to open/run it as Admin.
I had to extract the files from zip and run it as admin. When I only extracted, the program would open but not let me measure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab
OEM Headunit-->Helix DSP Pro
Audison 5.1k--->Xtant Tweets, AF GB25, (4) ID8's
PG Ti2 1000.4-->GZNK 165SQ
(Proper Acoustic Rear Fill)
Old 03-24-2016   #42
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Quote:
Yes, there is a specific option for opening it as admin. Right click on the TDA icon that opens the program and you will get a menu of options. You will see an option to open/run it as Admin.
I had to extract the files from zip and run it as admin. When I only extracted, the program would open but not let me measure.

Shit.....I haven't even gotten an icon....lol. The only thing I can find on my computer after the download related to tda/apl is the thing that starts the download again.....
Old 03-24-2016   #43
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Ok I'll just do it step-by-step:
1. Find the zip file you downloaded. It will be "APL_TDA_v008_64b_demosetup".
2. Right click on it, select extract.
3. Select where you want the extracted files to go.(just make sure you remember where you are sending them so you can find them).
4. Find the files you just extracted.
5. One of the files you extracted will be "APL_TDA_v008d_64". The 64 is assuming you are running 64 bit as opposed to 32 bit.
6. Right click on that file.
7. Select "run as administrator"

Give that a shot.

2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab
OEM Headunit-->Helix DSP Pro
Audison 5.1k--->Xtant Tweets, AF GB25, (4) ID8's
PG Ti2 1000.4-->GZNK 165SQ
(Proper Acoustic Rear Fill)
Old 03-24-2016   #44
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Quote:
Ok I'll just do it step-by-step:
1. Find the zip file you downloaded. It will be "APL_TDA_v008_64b_demosetup".
2. Right click on it, select extract.
3. Select where you want the extracted files to go.(just make sure you remember where you are sending them so you can find them).
4. Find the files you just extracted.
5. One of the files you extracted will be "APL_TDA_v008d_64". The 64 is assuming you are running 64 bit as opposed to 32 bit.
6. Right click on that file.
7. Select "run as administrator"

Give that a shot.

Thanks brother........I'm fixing to eat a late supper and then I'll be dragging out the lappy to give this a shot......me thinks the unzipping has something to do with my conundrum, I'll let ya know how it works out!
Old 03-24-2016   #45
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Woohoo!!

Thanks to all who offered advice. We have success!

Now, is my mic cal file needed at all for the measurements I'll be taking? I'm thinking no, but figured I'd ask......

Plus any more tips for the measuring would be appreciated....

Btw this isn't my car in the pic.....just the lappy speakers as I tested to see if it would measure.....seems pretty straight forward.
Old 03-27-2016   #46
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

claydo, congrats!

Waiting results from your car. Try first one channel (f.ex. left front) + subwoofer.
3D pictures are more exciting to look at, but I prefer 2D as they give more precise information regarding group delays.

It is funny always to null all the TA settings and to check actual delay of both fronts from the listening position. Then - delay each speaker in order to obtain the simultanious arriving time. To connect the sub is typically the biggest problem. Sometime, phase switch is necessary along with selecting of the most optimal filter orders between the sub and mids.

Do not forget that it is possible to rotate 3D-images. This option could give you some additional info.

Old 03-27-2016   #47
DIYMA 500 Club

Scott

Rep Power: 180 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckerson1 View Post
ya you need output from the laptop.

I've got laptop output now. You guys coming to the NCSQ meet, this would be cool tech fodder for a little seminar.

2008 Civic Si Sedan - Sony RSX-GS9, Helix DSP Pro-2 & Director, JL Audio XD1000/5v2 (2), Audiofrog GB10/GB25/GB60, Acoustic Elegance SBP12 (2)
Build Log
Old 03-27-2016   #48
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

One thing that surprised me was how accurate my "by ear" t/a was. Of course there is room for improvement, but I'm having trouble relating the p99's adjustments to what I'm seeing on the screen.
Old 03-27-2016   #49
DIYMA 500 Club

Scott

Quote:
One thing that surprised me was how accurate my "by ear" t/a was. Of course there is room for improvement, but I'm having trouble relating the p99's adjustments to what I'm seeing on the screen.
I still wanna try a complete 80PRS tune verses the Helix.. The Helix continues to win. Would love to play with the 99RS's more extensive EQ. So you playing with the trial version of this software?

This would be for all.. I am perplexed with TA and our beans.. What I mean is our "mic's" on our heads have two, not one, and they're several inches apart. This is the conundrum I'm dealing with concerning a measured TA tool verses ear alignment. Were it speakers very far away and more in-front, instead of car with wider speaker placement and short distances, I could fathom that a single mic point would be pretty darn spot on, but when drivers are so wide as they are in car and your ears are also relatively wide apart, how's it work?

Build Log
Old 03-27-2016   #50
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Yup, playing with the trial version.....I have yet to improve much from my initial reading.....need to learn more about what I'm seeing I reckon.....

It seems to me when I go moving the blackness of the trace? (For lack of a better term) It will lose its symmetry and become squiggly....lol, technical terms......then it doesent always move in correlation with my adjustments.....it seems pioneer has some funkyness in its t/a adjusments, or I need to read up somewhere on what exactly the tda is seeing.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement