At last! The Biketronics BT4180 amp review you've all been waiting for! - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2015   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 71 SQ_TSX will become famous soon enoughSQ_TSX will become famous soon enoughSQ_TSX will become famous soon enoughSQ_TSX will become famous soon enoughSQ_TSX will become famous soon enoughSQ_TSX will become famous soon enoughSQ_TSX will become famous soon enough

Default Re: At last! The Biketronics BT4180 amp review you've all been waiting for!

thehatedguy speaks the truth....

Official DIYMA Audiofool....
SQ_TSX is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2015   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

SQ Crazy

Rep Power: 110 Architect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: At last! The Biketronics BT4180 amp review you've all been waiting for!

Wish I was better equipped to do the necessary testing to figure out the intput level limitations, etc. of these...but they seem to work really well with even just 1v max voltage. I'm IM'ing with one of the engineers over there right now to see if they have any more data that might help us figure it out

These guys have a 100% satisfaction guaranteed policy so if someone were to buy one of these and find it doesn't work well with their current source, you can send it back for full refund. These guys really take great care of their customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Buwalda View Post
Thank you for noting this in your review.

Scott
You're welcome Scott! I was blown away with what they were putting Imagines through there, amazing what you've done with those. The team there speaks very highly of you, cool that it is such a small world

Last edited by Architect7; 01-05-2015 at 04:51 PM..
Architect7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2015   #28
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 113 TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to all

Just a couple of questions.

2 ohm stable, what's the output at 2 ohms?

I plan on using the TM65's and a single BM MKIV.

98 Dodge Neon Meca Extreme Class Build
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...-timer-sq.html
TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015   #29
DIYMA 500 Club

SQ Crazy

Rep Power: 110 Architect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enough

I believe Power doubles at 2 ohm which is exactly why I intend to run a pair of BM MKIV subs off of a 2180. They'll go stable to 1 ohm but Power decreases due to design.

Nice planning, I am actually going to run a pair of TM65 off of a 4180 in a Mustang Cobra.

Old 01-06-2015   #30
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 147 fredridge will become famous soon enoughfredridge will become famous soon enoughfredridge will become famous soon enoughfredridge will become famous soon enoughfredridge will become famous soon enoughfredridge will become famous soon enough

did I miss the price on these?
fredridge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2015   #31
DIYMA 500 Club

SQ Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredridge View Post
did I miss the price on these?
They're $585 from Biketronics but I am working on a group buy deal

Old 01-06-2015   #32

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 94 aznlunatic will become famous soon enoughaznlunatic will become famous soon enoughaznlunatic will become famous soon enoughaznlunatic will become famous soon enoughaznlunatic will become famous soon enoughaznlunatic will become famous soon enough

Also interested in the group buy for either the 4180, 2180 or both. Great review, Keep us updated

Pioneer DEX-P99RS, Stereo Integrity TM65, NVX XSPTW Tweeter (Soon to be Stereo Integrity M25's), 2 - Stereo Integrity BM MKIV subwoofer, Arc Audio XDi 1200.6
aznlunatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2015   #33
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 69 Treesive is on a distinguished roadTreesive is on a distinguished roadTreesive is on a distinguished roadTreesive is on a distinguished roadTreesive is on a distinguished road

I pulled the trigger on one of these a few weeks back. Reading all of this makes me even more mad that I have been to busy to get my new install in motion. I will note also about the great customer service I have been shown so far. It has been great. The signatures on the back of the amp of everyone who worked on your amp is an awesome touch. Gives you the feeling that they stand by their work and want their name to be a part of it. All the little things so far have been above and beyond. Now the only thing left is to see if the dyn's like it.
Treesive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2015   #34
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 85 deeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enough

Could you share a couple more photo's of the amplifiers.. Paticularly the commection sections. Curious what exactly to expect.

Thanks.
deeppinkdiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2015   #35
DIYMA 500 Club

SQ Crazy

Yes sir! I'll try to get something uploaded today.

Edit: Here you go!

Last edited by Architect7; 01-08-2015 at 01:41 PM..
Old 01-08-2015   #36
DIYMA 500 Club

SQ Crazy

For those of you looking for reading material, here is the datasheet Hypex has published for the UcD180OEM module:

http://www.audiodesignguide.com/Clas...etnewstyle.pdf

I'm talking with BT today about BT2180 modules and I will likely get one in my hands next week w/o the filters installed for sub duty. Stay tuned!

Old 01-08-2015   #37
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 85 deeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enough

[/QUOTE]

This looks very neatly sorted any simple! Im pleasantly surprised!
Old 01-08-2015   #38
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 113 TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to all

Out of curiosity, what gauge wires for everything, power, speakers etc.

Old 01-08-2015   #39
DIYMA 500 Club

SQ Crazy

Pretty small...10-12ga. for power/ground and 18-22ga. for everything else. My power/ground leads are very short.

Edit: Scratch that, 14ga. for power/ground and 18ga. for everything else.

Last edited by Architect7; 01-08-2015 at 05:33 PM..
Old 01-08-2015   #40
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Hmm, I wonder if that will work for the sub. Sub will be up front, amp in the very back of the trunk. Not worried about power, but might need to run a short run of 18 gauge to a block and then up the size to the front of the car.

Old 01-08-2015   #41
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 69 Treesive is on a distinguished roadTreesive is on a distinguished roadTreesive is on a distinguished roadTreesive is on a distinguished roadTreesive is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL View Post
Hmm, I wonder if that will work for the sub. Sub will be up front, amp in the very back of the trunk. Not worried about power, but might need to run a short run of 18 gauge to a block and then up the size to the front of the car.
This amp is super small and since it has no jobs that you have to get to for tweaking you could probably how it under the dash or seat pretty easily if you don't want to have to deal with that wiring operation
Old 01-08-2015   #42
DIYMA 500 Club

SQ Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeppinkdiver View Post
This looks very neatly sorted any simple! Im pleasantly surprised!
For sure, easiest amp I've ever installed. Even easier than hooking up a home receiver.

I'm cranking Alt-J Hunger of the Pines right now while waiting to meet up with a buyer for some Car parts I'm selling, my system sounds so freaking good. Drum hits are intense but detailed. I just can't ever get this thing to strain. Can't wait to get my Esotar 110 tweeters hooked up to this thing.

Old 01-08-2015   #43
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Seems like it would be difficult to output the Power #s these have with such small Power wiring feeding them.. I forget the math on current rate but off the top of my head,,, I guess ill have to see it to believe it. Maybe I should have you send me one of these to play with. Im very curious..
Old 01-08-2015   #44
DIYMA 500 Club

SQ Crazy

Yeah I did the math when I installed mine and I think I was okay as long as my 14ga. feed was less than a foot from the distro. But I'll look again tonight.

Last edited by Architect7; 01-08-2015 at 08:45 PM..
Old 01-08-2015   #45
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Haha I have been working on getting mine wired up today. It looks so odd to have my 3 runs of 0 Guage being split off into a 200 amp circuit breaker and a 30 amp circuit breaker for this amp.
Old 01-09-2015   #46
DIYMA 500 Club

Scott

Rep Power: 172 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Buwalda View Post
Thank you for noting this in your review.

Scott
i'll be letting all my Cross Country riding buddies know about HAT environment resilience as well.. Last Summer at the Helen Southeast Victory Rally, I saw more Focal/Arc setups in Victory fairings than anything, simply because it's the bike dealer go-to for that stuff, and it appears Focal has really pushed into the powersport market.

No fairing on my Hard-Ball. Darn it. Oh well, the glorious exhaust is my road-tunes.

Scott, That might be a good spot for you to make a fun weekend trip and sell that particular aspect of your drivers to some biker folk. Heck I think they even have some folks doing installs right under tents there on fairing Vic's. One name for you on busting into Victory Motorcycle market.. Jon Petrich (Witchdoctors). Biggest aftermarket vendor in the Vic market. Period.

2008 Civic Si Sedan - DEX-P99RS, Helix DSP Pro-2, JL Audio XD1000/5v2 (2), Audiofrog GB10 & GB25, Stereo Integrity TM65, Acoustic Elegance SBP12 (2)
Build Log
Babs is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2015   #47
Classifieds Access
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 110 Huckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architect7 View Post
For those of you looking for reading material, here is the datasheet Hypex has published for the UcD180OEM module:

http://www.audiodesignguide.com/Clas...etnewstyle.pdf

I'm talking with BT today about BT2180 modules and I will likely get one in my hands next week w/o the filters installed for sub duty. Stay tuned!
Did he charge you extra for removing the filters so that you could use it for sub duty? Or is it set to full range output already?

Huckleberry Sound
Huckleberry Sound is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2015   #48
DIYMA 500 Club

SQ Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry Sound View Post
Did he charge you extra for removing the filters so that you could use it for sub duty? Or is it set to full range output already?
No extra charge, my buddy there who handles QA is just going to pull them prior to shipping out to me. Then if it works well which I am sure it will they will try to offer that option from the beginning.

Subs are not super common on bikes which explains the lack of a sub amp...until now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
i'll be letting all my Cross Country riding buddies know about HAT environment resilience as well.. Last Summer at the Helen Southeast Victory Rally, I saw more Focal/Arc setups in Victory fairings than anything, simply because it's the bike dealer go-to for that stuff, and it appears Focal has really pushed into the powersport market.

No fairing on my Hard-Ball. Darn it. Oh well, the glorious exhaust is my road-tunes.

Scott, That might be a good spot for you to make a fun weekend trip and sell that particular aspect of your drivers to some biker folk. Heck I think they even have some folks doing installs right under tents there on fairing Vic's. One name for you on busting into Victory Motorcycle market.. Jon Petrich (Witchdoctors). Biggest aftermarket vendor in the Vic market. Period.
Funny you mention Focal, Bill@BT was melting all of their stuff in his torture chamber, Polyglass up through K2. On top of having the worst tweeters I have ever heard, you couldn't pay me enough to run anything from them in my car...MAYBE Utopia but not at retail prices LOL. Then put them in extreme heat/humidity and all bets are off. Really cool findings when you have the right tools and don't care if the stuff breaks. Bill has my dream job

Old 01-09-2015   #49
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

I don't like focal tweeters either. Way to harsh. Remind me of infinity
Old 01-09-2015   #50
DIYMA 500 Club

Scott

Rep Power: 172 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treesive View Post
I don't like focal tweeters either. Way to harsh. Remind me of infinity
In bike fairings, reminded me of MB Quart.

2008 Civic Si Sedan - DEX-P99RS, Helix DSP Pro-2, JL Audio XD1000/5v2 (2), Audiofrog GB10 & GB25, Stereo Integrity TM65, Acoustic Elegance SBP12 (2)
Build Log
Babs is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement