SB Acoustics' Satori MW13P-4 5" Mid Testing - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2016   #26

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 108 win1 will become famous soon enoughwin1 will become famous soon enoughwin1 will become famous soon enoughwin1 will become famous soon enoughwin1 will become famous soon enoughwin1 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: SB Acoustics' Satori MW13P-4 5" Mid Testing

Sub to see if gb takes off
win1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2016   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 64 1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrugs View Post
Sb acoustics is also releasing new satori midranges i believe one of the model number are mr13p

The model tested here is mw13p, which i believe was more 'marketed' as a midwoofer still i got the 7 inch satori at home and the cone itself are among my favourites for vocal midrange duties all and all

Alot of life and still retains details my preferred compromise
Wow, and a MR16P also! http://www.sbacoustics.com/index.php...atori-mr16p-4/
Hard to imagine the midrange could get any better then the MW's.

Last edited by 1fishman; 05-29-2016 at 09:17 PM..
1fishman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2016   #28
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 157 mitchyz250f will become famous soon enoughmitchyz250f will become famous soon enoughmitchyz250f will become famous soon enoughmitchyz250f will become famous soon enoughmitchyz250f will become famous soon enoughmitchyz250f will become famous soon enough

Erin when you say 1/2m 102db (near field) would that be 96db at 1m or is the measurement adjusted to match with the standard of 1 meter?
mitchyz250f is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016   #29

Bikinpunk

Rep Power: 25977 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

that's totally a typo.

all my HD measurements are done nearfield to emulate the output of 90-102dB (depending on the measurement shown) in the farfield (1 meter). Not sure why I typed 1/2m but it's a typo.

thanks for catching that.

-- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
http://medleysmusings.com/

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2016   #30

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 22 brother_c will become famous soon enoughbrother_c will become famous soon enoughbrother_c will become famous soon enoughbrother_c will become famous soon enoughbrother_c will become famous soon enoughbrother_c will become famous soon enough

Hope this question isn't too far from the focus of the review or out of context. Do you think that the larger mw16 mw19 would be suitable for use as midwoofers in a three way front? I was considering one of these with their high sensitivity and their somewhat lower f3s in smaller sealed boxes. The price is also in my range and very reasonable.
brother_c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2016   #31
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 64 1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by brother_c View Post
Hope this question isn't too far from the focus of the review or out of context. Do you think that the larger mw16 mw19 would be suitable for use as midwoofers in a three way front? I was considering one of these with their high sensitivity and their somewhat lower f3s in smaller sealed boxes. The price is also in my range and very reasonable.
The MW16p is a great driver iv'e had them open in the door crossed at 80hz - 4000hz good midbass but the it's midrange is something special. I think in sealed pods you could get them to play a good bit lower. The mw16p is a great 2 way driver choice but for Midbass only the 19MW may be a better choice.
Old 08-14-2016   #32
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 157 mitchyz250f will become famous soon enoughmitchyz250f will become famous soon enoughmitchyz250f will become famous soon enoughmitchyz250f will become famous soon enoughmitchyz250f will become famous soon enoughmitchyz250f will become famous soon enough

I know this was an objective review but can can you give a your personal impression of the sound maybe your impression above and below 300Hz. Describing the sound you know like open, lively, accurate, dynamic. And maybe possibly compare it to some other speakers, GB40, 12M etc?

Thanks
Old 08-14-2016   #33
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 132 lucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fishman View Post
The MW16p is a great driver iv'e had them open in the door crossed at 80hz - 4000hz good midbass but the it's midrange is something special. I think in sealed pods you could get them to play a good bit lower. The mw16p is a great 2 way driver choice but for Midbass only the 19MW may be a better choice.
i cant decide between these and the audiofrogs, its driving me insane
lucas569 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2016   #34
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchyz250f View Post
I know this was an objective review but can can you give a your personal impression of the sound maybe your impression above and below 300Hz. Describing the sound you know like open, lively, accurate, dynamic. And maybe possibly compare it to some other speakers, GB40, 12M etc?

Thanks
In the first post
qoute
"Subjectively I can say that I've been using these in my Car for the past couple weeks and have been VERY impressed with them. I actually prefer them over the Scan 12m, and the Scan 15m/15w ... but I'm basing these impressions on aural memory which isn't great, so take that for what it's worth."

I have a set of MW13p-4 NIB that i still don't have a use for. If you want to buy them, let me know, im not far from you, in Stone Mountain.
Old 08-14-2016   #35
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fishman View Post
In the first post
qoute
"Subjectively I can say that I've been using these in my Car for the past couple weeks and have been VERY impressed with them. I actually prefer them over the Scan 12m, and the Scan 15m/15w ... but I'm basing these impressions on aural memory which isn't great, so take that for what it's worth."

I have a set of MW13p-4 NIB that i still don't have a use for. If you want to buy them, let me know, im not far from you, in Stone Mountain.
I understand that ErinH prefers the GB40 to the 12M which many respected people consider to be a fantastic midrange. But at this time in my life what I am really enjoying the dynamics of midranges like PHL1120 and the Audax PR170M0. Some that consider those two speakers to be among the best midranges made but many people do not. It is like the Morel sound, some love it others don't understand what the big deal is about.

The Audax's and PHL's can get to 113db on 60 watts and I think the GB40 will max out at 105 -107db on 100 watts which is certainly loud enough but how are the dynamics? It maybe that the lack of distortion of the GB40 at 105db means that it sounds dynamic and open (the opposite of congested). I don't know enough about speakers to say if that is true or not.
Old 12-22-2016   #36
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 74 HulkSmash will become famous soon enoughHulkSmash will become famous soon enoughHulkSmash will become famous soon enoughHulkSmash will become famous soon enoughHulkSmash will become famous soon enoughHulkSmash will become famous soon enough

I wonder how the Satori MR16P-4 would work as a pure midrange in a three-way front with horns. About ~250 to ~2000hz.
HulkSmash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2016   #37

Bikinpunk

Rep Power: 25977 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

I don't know why you'd want to pair a high efficiency driver like a horn with a standard sensitivity midrange. especially when the horn is treated more like a tweeter. just seems counterproductive to me.

-- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
http://medleysmusings.com/

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement