Tiny Tweeters...Micro-Precision Z's - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2015   #26

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Unexpected Creations
Position:
Trouble maker

Rep Power: 98 mathematics will become famous soon enoughmathematics will become famous soon enoughmathematics will become famous soon enoughmathematics will become famous soon enoughmathematics will become famous soon enoughmathematics will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to mathematics

Default Re: Tiny Tweeters...Micro-Precision Z's

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcarpio View Post
There is absolutely no tweeter worth that much, to me. At that price I am not even curious about them.
good for you?

08 BMW e93 | iPhone 6 Plus (Apple Music/Waze) to
Airport Express via AirPlay to Helix P Six DSP. PHD AF 1.c tweeters, and PHD FB 4.1 midranges. Jehnert Door Cards and mid-basses
mathematics is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2015   #27
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 193 SkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the rough

i always thought they were more..

http://coinslot.com.au/wp-content/up...sionretial.pdf

"You might want to pick up a MS-8 if you want to play metal"

1990 300zx Build Log
SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2015   #28

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Unexpected Creations
Position:
Trouble maker

Rep Power: 98 mathematics will become famous soon enoughmathematics will become famous soon enoughmathematics will become famous soon enoughmathematics will become famous soon enoughmathematics will become famous soon enoughmathematics will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
That's Australia and also 2 years old

Airport Express via AirPlay to Helix P Six DSP. PHD AF 1.c tweeters, and PHD FB 4.1 midranges. Jehnert Door Cards and mid-basses
Old 05-20-2015   #29
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 193 SkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathematics View Post
That's Australia and also 2 years old
yeah but AU dollars to USD, the z studio tweeters are still over 4k dollars

1990 300zx Build Log
Old 05-20-2015   #30
DIYMA 500 Club

Hungry all the time

Rep Power: 135 fcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
good for you?
You do the math.
fcarpio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2015   #31
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 304 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
wheres the "make it rain" smiley when you need it lol
One tiny "make it rain" smiley for one tiny tweeter.

Hopefully I get a chance to hear these in person. Sometimes, a price point is just hard to get past.

Pioneer DEH-80PRS | Mosconi 6to8 V8 | Arc KS900.6 | Arc KS600.2 | Illusion TL 25 BN | Illusion C3 | Illusion C6 | Arc Black 12
2015 MECA SQL Street California State Champion
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2015   #32
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rton20s View Post
One tiny "make it rain" smiley for one tiny tweeter.

Hopefully I get a chance to hear these in person. Sometimes, a price point is just hard to get past.
how the fuck..

1990 300zx Build Log
Old 05-20-2015   #33
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 84 deeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enough

Haha^ so cool
deeppinkdiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2015   #34
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 76 gu9cci will become famous soon enoughgu9cci will become famous soon enoughgu9cci will become famous soon enoughgu9cci will become famous soon enoughgu9cci will become famous soon enoughgu9cci will become famous soon enough

Quote:
yeah but AU dollars to USD, the z studio tweeters are still over 4k dollars
I think the z studio tweeter retail is close to 6k
gu9cci is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2015   #35

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Unexpected Creations
Position:
Trouble maker

Z tweeter is $2750 SRP and Z Studio tweeter is $6000 SRP. i think people are confused because theres a Z and a Z Studio.

Old 05-21-2015   #36
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Quote:
Z tweeter is $2750 SRP and Z Studio tweeter is $6000 SRP. i think people are confused because theres a Z and a Z Studio.
this is absolutely insane. but, i do have thomas (owner of micro precision) on facebook, and my god does a lot of work go into those tweeters. there are over 50 individual pieces, all of which are cnc machine (in house i think too, but not positive), and they are absolutely works of art. but again, the real question is if they actually sound like 6k dollar tweeters. i doubt we will ever know since theres only a handful installed in the us and i bet they 1) arent on here or on any Car audio internet groups. 2) dont even understand Car audio to the fullest and just have money to blow and want "the best" (im not saying it isnt). and 3) out of the people who have heard them, have they heard them in the same install they have heard other speakers. that said, these tweeters are my ultimate "would buy if i had the money" for me

1990 300zx Build Log
Old 05-21-2015   #37
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 76 gu9cci will become famous soon enoughgu9cci will become famous soon enoughgu9cci will become famous soon enoughgu9cci will become famous soon enoughgu9cci will become famous soon enoughgu9cci will become famous soon enough

Quote:
this is absolutely insane. but, i do have thomas (owner of micro precision) on facebook, and my god does a lot of work go into those tweeters. there are over 50 individual pieces, all of which are cnc machine (in house i think too, but not positive), and they are absolutely works of art. but again, the real question is if they actually sound like 6k dollar tweeters. i doubt we will ever know since theres only a handful installed in the us and i bet they 1) arent on here or on any Car audio internet groups. 2) dont even understand Car audio to the fullest and just have money to blow and want "the best" (im not saying it isnt). and 3) out of the people who have heard them, have they heard them in the same install they have heard other speakers. that said, these tweeters are my ultimate "would buy if i had the money" for me
I can assure you that the z studios are worth the money if you know how much Thomas is involved in to them.Z studios are he's baby's.
I'm on my second set now and can't say it is better or not other tweeter there but from whatever I heard this is another league
gu9cci is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2015   #38
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gu9cci View Post
I can assure you that the z studios are worth the money if you know how much Thomas is involved in to them.Z studios are he's baby's.
I'm on my second set now and can't say it is better or not other tweeter there but from whatever I heard this is another league
huh? and are you on a second set because you damaged another pair? or just have 2 sets in two different cars? i would love to hear some though. maybe one day if im in chicago ill give you a shout

1990 300zx Build Log
Old 05-21-2015   #39
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 148 invecs will become famous soon enoughinvecs will become famous soon enoughinvecs will become famous soon enoughinvecs will become famous soon enoughinvecs will become famous soon enoughinvecs will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to invecs

They are very nice tweeters. My teammates in EMMA run the Z series and Z studio speakers. But seriously, my Hiquphon ow1 can go head to head with them and can outscore them in some cases. For the price, I'd stick with the Hiq's. But if size is an issue, the micro z's, brax matrix, Focal BE are to me the best compact tweeters I've heard.

Clarion HX-D2/Mosconi 6to8/Boston gt amps/Genesis Dual Mono/DLS Scandinavia 1/DLS R6.2 midbass/DLS Nordica 10
invecs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2015   #40

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Unexpected Creations
Position:
Trouble maker

Quote:
lol i said it yesterday. i installed and tuned Z-studio gear in an acura TL. he is definitely an audiophile. i haven't heard his car with his old tweeters, but he said that his z-studio stuff (tweeter, midrange) is the best he has ever heard.

here are two pics. one of his z-studio tweeter, one of his kicks with Z midrange (before upgrading to z-studio (and yes, there's a big sonic difference))
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1.jpg (7.8 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg image2.jpg (9.1 KB, 144 views)

Old 05-21-2015   #41
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Quote:
lol i said it yesterday. i installed and tuned Z-studio gear in an acura TL. he is definitely an audiophile. i haven't heard his Car with his old tweeters, but he said that his z-studio stuff (tweeter, midrange) is the best he has ever heard.

here are two pics. one of his z-studio tweeter, one of his kicks with Z midrange (before upgrading to z-studio (and yes, there's a big sonic difference))
so you have z studio gear currently in your car?

1990 300zx Build Log
Old 05-21-2015   #42

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Unexpected Creations
Position:
Trouble maker

closer shot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2546.jpg (59.8 KB, 128 views)

Old 05-21-2015   #43

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Unexpected Creations
Position:
Trouble maker

Quote:

no. where did you get that?

Old 05-21-2015   #44
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Quote:
no. where did you get that?
sorry i read your last post wrong. are you a dealer for them?

1990 300zx Build Log
Old 05-21-2015   #45
DIYMA 500 Club

Scott

Rep Power: 170 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

Did I seriously read the pricing I just read?!?!?!?!

Guess I keep a rockin' my hunerd dollar SB's

2008 Civic Si Sedan - 80PRS, Helix DSP, JL Audio XD1000/5v2 (2), Audiofrog GB10 & GB25, Stereo Integrity TM65, Acoustic Elegance SBP12 (2)
Build Log
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2015   #46

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Unexpected Creations
Position:
Trouble maker

Quote:
sorry i read your last post wrong. are you a dealer for them?
Don (6spdcoupe) is the distributor for the country. I work with him.

Old 05-21-2015   #47

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Unexpected Creations
Position:
Trouble maker

Quote:
i have 5-series tweeters in my car

Old 05-22-2015   #48
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 27 sodbuster will become famous soon enoughsodbuster will become famous soon enoughsodbuster will become famous soon enoughsodbuster will become famous soon enoughsodbuster will become famous soon enoughsodbuster will become famous soon enough

Bear in mind,SRP is a dream number that nobody in their right mind will ever pay.
Unless you're a Saudi Prince or a Russian oil tycoon and take satisfaction in paying the MOST you can possibly pay just to say you did.
sodbuster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2015   #49
DIYMA 500 Club

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner/ Engineer/Sales/Support

Rep Power: 142 Victor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbOOm View Post
Fuh-huk that.
Fuk-huk that indeed.
Victor_inox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2015   #50
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 125 snaimpally will become famous soon enoughsnaimpally will become famous soon enoughsnaimpally will become famous soon enoughsnaimpally will become famous soon enoughsnaimpally will become famous soon enoughsnaimpally will become famous soon enough

Don said Z pricing (not MSRP) is slightly more than the Esotar 110, Focal Be, etc.

2011 BMW 335i M/T
Dynavin N6 -> Helix DSP Pro -> AS100.4(L)+AS-100.4(R)+AS200.2(sub) -> MP Z-series + Dyn 430 + MP 6.5" + Dyn 1200 (IB)

Last edited by snaimpally; 06-09-2015 at 09:51 PM..
snaimpally is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement