Tiny Tweeters...Micro-Precision Z's - Page 3 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2015   #51
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 203 SkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Tiny Tweeters...Micro-Precision Z's

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaimpally View Post
I think the Z pricing (not MSRP) is around or slightly more than the Esotar 110, Focal Be, etc.
z or z studio? z series is just about the same, and z series makes the ones listed look like pocket change

Daily driver finished. Project car under construction
SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2015   #52
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 29 sodbuster will become famous soon enoughsodbuster will become famous soon enoughsodbuster will become famous soon enoughsodbuster will become famous soon enoughsodbuster will become famous soon enoughsodbuster will become famous soon enough

Z's.

Which is why I went with them over the Dyn's.
For the extra hours of work it would take to make the Dyns fit,the extra $100-200 for the Z's are well worth the difference.

Just hope they sound as good as the Dyns........
sodbuster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2015   #53

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 148 DearS is on a distinguished roadDearS is on a distinguished roadDearS is on a distinguished roadDearS is on a distinguished roadDearS is on a distinguished road

the $24k B&W Diamond or $200k Wilson audio speakers don't use tweeters that expensive. I don't see these tweeters sounding so great! Audiophiles I've heard say the Raal Tweeters are the best they have heard and those are $375, B&W Diamonds are $1000

I can dare to hear what I hear,
see what I see,
think what I think,
feel how I feel.
DearS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015   #54
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 29 sodbuster will become famous soon enoughsodbuster will become famous soon enoughsodbuster will become famous soon enoughsodbuster will become famous soon enoughsodbuster will become famous soon enoughsodbuster will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearS View Post
the $24k B&W Diamond or $200k Wilson audio speakers don't use tweeters that expensive. I don't see these tweeters sounding so great! Audiophiles I've heard say the Raal Tweeters are the best they have heard and those are $375, B&W Diamonds are $1000
So basically you're talking out of your ass with nothing to back you up and no experience with any of these tweeters mentioned..other than what you possibly heard somebody else say about some totally different tweeters.

That about sum it up?
sodbuster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2015   #55
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 79 gu9cci will become famous soon enoughgu9cci will become famous soon enoughgu9cci will become famous soon enoughgu9cci will become famous soon enoughgu9cci will become famous soon enoughgu9cci will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Here we go
gu9cci is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2015   #56
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 203 SkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
did you expect more from the internet?

Old 06-15-2015   #57

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 148 DearS is on a distinguished roadDearS is on a distinguished roadDearS is on a distinguished roadDearS is on a distinguished roadDearS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
did you expect more from the internet?
What do you mean? That things are often times not very reasonable on the internet? I understand diminishing returns on investment when one is looking to get the last few percentages or less of performance. I own the Satori Tweeters and am tempted to get the Raal tweeters, but I reason I do much better,all things considered, to learn to enjoy what I have and be grateful first. At least that is what works for me.

see what I see,
think what I think,
feel how I feel.

Last edited by DearS; 06-15-2015 at 09:52 PM..
Old 06-15-2015   #58

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodbuster View Post
So basically you're talking out of your ass with nothing to back you up and no experience with any of these tweeters mentioned..other than what you possibly heard somebody else say about some totally different tweeters.

That about sum it up?
That is harsh! I am not interested and it does not work for me to debate with someone who is condescending towards me!

see what I see,
think what I think,
feel how I feel.
Old 06-15-2015   #59
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Quote:
What do you mean? That things are often times not very reasonable? I understand diminishing returns on investment when one is looking to get the last few percentages or less of performance. I own the Satori Tweeters and am tempted to get the Raal tweeters, but I reason I fill do much better all things considered to learn to enjoy what I have and be grateful first. At least that is what works for me.
Quote:
That is harsh! I am not interested and it does not work for me to debate with someone who is condescending towards me!
were saying its the typical "a friends uncle said..." story, which is the usual on the internet. no backing, no data, no experience with them, just a he said she said. its meaningless

Old 06-15-2015   #60

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
were saying its the typical "a friends uncle said..." story, which is the usual on the internet. no backing, no data, no experience with them, just a he said she said. its meaningless
Right I agree that without real world data it is all subjective or whatever. It goes both ways also, I have not seen data on that driver. I have seen data on many of the best tweeters in the world and I have not seen one that is better than any amazing $3-400 dollar tweeter from Scan-Speak or Raal. In 10 years I have not seen any drivers make a huge jump in both performance and justifiable price (to me). I gave my opinion based on the data that I have seen so far and some opinions by experienced audiophiles/designers. To me that is reasonable speculation. Our society and success is in a big part based on that! I'm am ok with that.

Even if what I concluded in my opinion was misguided, I'm not cool with condensing behavior towards me or anyone! Not that "talking our your ass" is a huge deal either, just keeping my boundaries in place.

see what I see,
think what I think,
feel how I feel.

Last edited by DearS; 06-15-2015 at 10:53 PM..
Old 06-15-2015   #61
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner/ Engineer/Sales/Support

Rep Power: 146 Victor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
B$W diamond tweeter is 2500 a piece, your number is 10 years old, sorry.

It seems like most people don't care to actually understand reality.
Victor_inox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2015   #62

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
B$W diamond tweeter is 2500 a piece, your number is 10 years old, sorry.
Whoa! That is some cash, in relative terms, although a lot less then some other stuff folks can buy (cars, luxury items). If money was no object, I'm sure those extra $2300 over a Revelator could buy a some improvement, just like I bet the micro precision and its supposed craftsmanship. Not sure how big of an improvement but nothing wrong with pushing the boundaries of design. I have heard the B&W Diamond speakers and they sound effortless and pristine. I hope to come close with less than 1/5th the budget. Considering the time I spend going after this goal on the other hand, I can see why someone would just pay more for a good system that comes assembled.

That said, I think today's raw drivers (up to ~$200) are a bargain. At least in the first world, to the middle class, when you manage to safe a few bucks. Again hard to justify or expect a huge jump in enjoyment from an extra $2300 spent on tweeters given the info I have, but I hope such things exist!

see what I see,
think what I think,
feel how I feel.

Last edited by DearS; 06-16-2015 at 12:16 AM..
Old 06-16-2015   #63
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner/ Engineer/Sales/Support

Rep Power: 146 Victor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the rough

That price for replacement tweeter B&W selling to proven owners of diamond series speakers, they don`t have them in open retail. technology behind them is truly amazing,
many very expensive speakers such as Sonus Fiber use scan speak drivers with great results.

It seems like most people don't care to actually understand reality.
Victor_inox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2015   #64

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
That price for replacement tweeter B&W selling to proven owners of diamond series speakers, they don`t have them in open retail. technology behind them is truly amazing,
many very expensive speakers such as Sonus Fiber use scan speak drivers with great results.
Right, I'm not sure if they are on the same level as the diamonds, consensus seems to be that they are. So far I gather what separates the best comes down to cabinet design.

see what I see,
think what I think,
feel how I feel.
Old 06-16-2015   #65
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 47 High Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enough

Thumbs up Re: Tiny Tweeters...Micro-Precision Z's

I second the motion for a tri state get together. How about a Saturday in late July or Early August? Maybe in Western Mass? (open to any suggestions)

SkizeR, I would love to hear your system. Was contemplating using the same tweeter and midrange myself in my second work truck. Either that or an Alpine F1 Z18 set up. To date I have not heard a better tweeter than my Boston 1T Pro Series tweeter. Scan R3004 I tried came close, but was missing subtle detail.

Just came from T.H.E. Show in Newport Beach, California. Flew from Boston across the country to listen to Jon Whitldge's Magic Bus. I also auditioned loudspeakers from all over the world. I did like scans (2904) and Wilson tweeters the best. There was some cool sounding stuff there.

So SkizeR, Would you like to help me put together a New England Area Diymobleaudio Summer gathering?

Quote:
but really, back to what i was saying before.. why dont we ever have any tri state area get togethers? theres obviously plenty of us

High Resolution Audio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2015   #66
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Resolution Audio View Post
I second the motion for a tri state get together. How about a Saturday in late July or Early August? Maybe in Western Mass? (open to any suggestions)

SkizeR, I would love to hear your system. Was contemplating using the same tweeter and midrange myself in my second work truck. Either that or an Alpine F1 Z18 set up. To date I have not heard a better tweeter than my Boston 1T Pro Series tweeter. Scan R3004 I tried came close, but was missing subtle detail.

Just came from T.H.E. Show in Newport Beach, California. Flew from Boston across the country to listen to Jon Whitldge's Magic Bus. I also auditioned loudspeakers from all over the world. I did like scans (2904) and Wilson tweeters the best. There was some cool sounding stuff there.

So SkizeR, Would you like to help me put together a New England Area Diymobleaudio Summer gathering?
hmmm , MA is a bit far. i was thinking like a NJ, NY, CT, PA area one. maybe somewhere in northern NJ. i only know of one other person on here from MA and im not sure if eveyone would be willing to take a hike to MA for a G2G. either way, i couldnt take that car. its not finished or registered yet

Old 06-16-2015   #67
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 47 High Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enough

New Haven CT would be about a 4 hour drive for me. Would be close to NY and NJ. Could get some of the best Pizza at Sally's or Pepi's afterward. Do you have another Car that is registered with a system in it?

High Resolution Audio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2015   #68
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Quote:
New Haven CT would be about a 4 hour drive for me. Would be close to NY and NJ. Could get some of the best Pizza at Sally's or Pepi's afterward. Do you have another Car that is registered with a system in it?
No but should shortly

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Old 06-18-2015   #69
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

come to think of it, it'll be installed in august

Old 06-21-2015   #70
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 103 DonH will become famous soon enoughDonH will become famous soon enoughDonH will become famous soon enoughDonH will become famous soon enoughDonH will become famous soon enoughDonH will become famous soon enough

Total cost for those including material is probably $25 or so... Hell of a markup lmao!

Rock Climbing
DonH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2015   #71
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
come to think of it, it'll be installed in august
You might have your whole system up and running by August? That's pretty ambitious of you, I figured another year.lol

Old 06-21-2015   #72
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Quote:
You might have your whole system up and running by August? That's pretty ambitious of you, I figured another year.lol
no no no lol.. my other car. basic two way up front in stock locations, IB with two diyma r12's, and hidden amps all ran off a panny tube deck

Old 06-22-2015   #73
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 123 LaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to LaserSVT

So is there any more review on these or just a "Hey look what I got" followed by the standard arguments?

LaserSVT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2015   #74
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
So is there any more review on these or just a "Hey look what I got" followed by the standard arguments?
theres a couple people here who may have had them, but Don (6spdcoupe) is the distributor for the US. he has installed a few. i asked him to let me know when he installs another z series or z studio set so i can go and get a listen.

Old 06-22-2015   #75
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 86 deeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enough

Ill know soon what they sound like first hand and let you guys know my thoughts.

deeppinkdiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement