Tiny Tweeters...Micro-Precision Z's - Page 6 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2015   #126
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 128 I800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Tiny Tweeters...Micro-Precision Z's

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
How Well Can You Hear audio Quality? : The Record : NPR

post your results

Oh man...modern day tech sure does throw a wrench into things at times.

I got 2 of 6 with my desktop speakers that have a short in the right channel. Stupid cat eats everything. Those 2 correct I was certain but the rest I was up in the air about mostly because I wasn't sure what the song SHOULD sound like.

But, at the end I decided the differences were so subtle it didn't ruin the music.

I didn't know about the argument until my brother brought it to my attention after burning a bunch of CD's off napster while in college in 2000. But I could never really tell a significant difference. Only people that could, and got it wrong at times, had very big egos I can certainly hear a difference in the quality of recordings between artists though.

Don't mistake activity for accomplishment.
My '13 Jetta build...not finished
I800C0LLECT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2015   #127
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 128 I800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of light

Retook the test...except in my Car this time. This selection was shuffled a bit from the original and I scored 6 for 6. The differences were extremely subtle. Resonance seemed to be one of the keys along with top end. But I guess overall the transients seemed just slightly different.

Again... Not caring about higher quality and setting everything low low low

Better for my mobile data anyways.

Audio Quality Quiz Results: You Did Slightly Better Than Guessing Randomly : The Record : NPR

Old 08-15-2015   #128
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 193 SkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by I800C0LLECT View Post
Retook the test...except in my Car this time. This selection was shuffled a bit from the original and I scored 6 for 6. The differences were extremely subtle. Resonance seemed to be one of the keys along with top end. But I guess overall the transients seemed just slightly different.

Again... Not caring about higher quality and setting everything low low low

Better for my mobile data anyways.

Audio Quality Quiz Results: You Did Slightly Better Than Guessing Randomly : The Record : NPR
first time ive ever seen anyone get 6/6

"You might want to pick up a MS-8 if you want to play metal"

1990 300zx Build Log
SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2015   #129
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
first time ive ever seen anyone get 6/6

I feel like I guessed on 3 of them...ESPECIALLY on Neil Young. I don't think I got them right because there was a definite difference in quality. I honestly think I got lucky. Chalk it up to statistical anomoly? I guarantee you that part of it has to do with me being exposed to it already.

I stand by my statement...what I think I heard had absolutely NO bearing on the reproduction. What do I think I heard?...a difference in resonance(not sure how to qualify that?...like from cymbal or something, it's probably transient), top end(because I have hearing damage I believe), and some transients seemed extremely slightly different.

EDIT: My sister got 4 of 6. She said the same thing...she couldn't really tell any difference. She's a musician and said she imagines notes and something about how if they don't flow mumbo jumbo. I asked if this changed her mind about quality and if she'd prefer higher or lower? She said this solidified her not caring. hehe. Again...I agree.

Old 08-15-2015   #130
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Now I wish I hadn't posted that...I have to make sure whoever reads the above knows that despite me getting them right...as it was happening I was in disbelief because I didn't feel like anything was different.

It made me wonder if there was a subconscious kind of thing happening and the AudioFrog's were amazing or if it was flat dumb luck. There was no clear discernment at all. I couldn't tell if what I thought was different was real or not. Just flat dumb luck imo.

EDIT: "I didn't feel like anything was different"...I take that back, I do have hearing damage and some things hurt my ears. For some reason it's usually an mp3 or so. That did hit me a couple times and that's why I didn't choose those versions. It wasn't what made me choose my answer but it helped a couple times.

Old 11-30-2015   #131

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 31 Aw335tt will become famous soon enoughAw335tt will become famous soon enoughAw335tt will become famous soon enoughAw335tt will become famous soon enoughAw335tt will become famous soon enoughAw335tt will become famous soon enough

That's either the best 128kbps or the worst uncompressed files. I know for sure the 128kbps files I used to download when I was in high school didn't sound like that at all. After taking that test, I put one of my old CDs and used the same speakers and the 128 and 320 files sounded completely different.

I got 2 out of 6, but I was pretty sure about those 2.. Guessed on the other 4. I also made my choices by only listening to the first couple seconds of each one.

And for sure Pandora streaming doesn't sound like the flac and wav files I play in my car.
Aw335tt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2016   #132
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Emi90 will become famous soon enoughEmi90 will become famous soon enoughEmi90 will become famous soon enoughEmi90 will become famous soon enoughEmi90 will become famous soon enoughEmi90 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeppinkdiver View Post
Z series tweeters

Got'm

wow nice tweeters
Emi90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2016   #133

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 12 38Special will become famous soon enough38Special will become famous soon enough38Special will become famous soon enough38Special will become famous soon enough38Special will become famous soon enough38Special will become famous soon enough

I have the Micro Precision 7 Series tweeters and they sound so damn real. In my opinion the Esotar is a great tweeter, but the 7 Series are better. Yes they cost quite a bit but worth it in my opinion if you really want something special.
38Special is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2016   #134
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 84 deeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Special View Post
I have the Micro Precision 7 Series tweeters and they sound so damn real. In my opinion the Esotar is a great tweeter, but the 7 Series are better. Yes they cost quite a bit but worth it in my opinion if you really want something special.

These ^ are amazing, I have heard them! I have the series 7 midbass, also amazing and for sale.

deeppinkdiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2016   #135

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 12 38Special will become famous soon enough38Special will become famous soon enough38Special will become famous soon enough38Special will become famous soon enough38Special will become famous soon enough38Special will become famous soon enough

Actually I am using the 7 series 2 way in an active configuration. Really fantastic speakers. I am running with an audio Development Vipera F12 subwoofer. Will post a small review on the sub soon.
Old 03-27-2016   #136
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 84 deeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enough

Id like to hear what your thoughts are on that sub.. The MP speakers are very nice indeed

deeppinkdiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2016   #137

DIYMA freshman

I was waiting for it to break in before I did the review. Will post either this week or next week.
Old 04-09-2016   #138

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 76 1998993C2S will become famous soon enough1998993C2S will become famous soon enough1998993C2S will become famous soon enough1998993C2S will become famous soon enough1998993C2S will become famous soon enough1998993C2S will become famous soon enough

Agreed. Half of $2750 USD has crossed the .. "no tweeter is worth that much" .. line, ... IMHO.

As a Micro-Precision mid-range owner fitted to a MkV VW 4-door GTI front door mid-speaker positions,,,the MP cone mid-range's sound great! The GTI's front door is comprised with a 165mm woofer, 100mm mid-range and the typical sail mounted 19mm tweeter. The fully active (Euro OEM) Dynaudio amplifier/DSP module controls & drives the active 10 channel/speaker HiFi system. These aftermarket MP mid's were a couple of hundred $ USD a pair including the VW specific mounting brackets; Not even close to ..stupid $2750. USD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcarpio View Post
There is absolutely no tweeter worth that much, to me. At that price I am not even curious about them.

Cheers Mike
MY06 Jetta MkV - OEM MFD2 Navi w/Dynaudio-DSP retro-fit --/-- MY98 911 (993) Coupe - P99RS, A900s (2x ICEpower PRS-D4200), Dynaudio, JBL, Seas..

Last edited by 1998993C2S; 04-11-2016 at 04:24 PM..
1998993C2S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2016   #139
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 94 Pitmaster will become famous soon enoughPitmaster will become famous soon enoughPitmaster will become famous soon enoughPitmaster will become famous soon enoughPitmaster will become famous soon enoughPitmaster will become famous soon enough

But if you paid that much for them they will sound amazing "as they should".

Thankfully those that know it all, can't do it all!
Pitmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2016   #140

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 shinn_aj will become famous soon enoughshinn_aj will become famous soon enoughshinn_aj will become famous soon enoughshinn_aj will become famous soon enoughshinn_aj will become famous soon enoughshinn_aj will become famous soon enough

Micro Precision Z, one of the best tweeter I have heard. Very airy, effortless and detailed. Costly though.
shinn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement