AudIo Frog GB 60 vs JBL 660gti - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2015   #1

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
CAR TUNES
Position:
SELLER

Rep Power: 97 boricua69 will become famous soon enoughboricua69 will become famous soon enoughboricua69 will become famous soon enoughboricua69 will become famous soon enoughboricua69 will become famous soon enoughboricua69 will become famous soon enough

Default AudIo Frog GB 60 vs JBL 660gti

I want to know if AFgb60 is similar to JBL 660gti midbass in terms of SQ?
Does anyone have the chance to tested?
I saw that Fs is equal.
boricua69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2015   #2
Upgrade Your Membership!

Chief of Information

12V Company:
Audiofrog Inc.
Position:
President

Rep Power: 552 Andy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: AudIo Frog GB 60 vs JBL 660gti

They are similar. GB60 frequency response is flatter.
Andy Wehmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2015   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 131 optimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enough

Andy where else can you get audio frog other then crutch field ?

But theseee go to 11!!!
optimaprime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015   #4
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 46 SQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enough

DEALER LOCATOR - AUDIOFROG

Avoid trading time for $$$ with few short-term exceptions.
SQLnovice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2015   #5
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 46 SQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enough

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...I.kCB-SmWi5L_E

Just zoom in on the map and you can find the closest location depending on yours.

Old 10-04-2015   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 131 optimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enough

Thank you fellas I live in the middle of no where

But theseee go to 11!!!
optimaprime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2015   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 119 Lycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura about

I liked the audio frog components a lot, only heard them on a demo oard so far but they did what I want out of a speaker, and quite frankly I'm considering them as a small studio monitor build just for fun.
Lycancatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2015   #8
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

I would love to try the GB15 and GB60. But I would have to audition it first once I decide to commit.

Old 10-04-2015   #9

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 24 Focused4door will become famous soon enoughFocused4door will become famous soon enoughFocused4door will become famous soon enoughFocused4door will become famous soon enoughFocused4door will become famous soon enoughFocused4door will become famous soon enough

HAven;t heard the audio frogs, so can't compare but hard to go wrong with the 660GTI.

They are on sale on JBL site at the moment. 660GTI | High-quality 6 inch 2-way Component System

Wonder if they are being discontinued in favor of the 670GTI?
Looks like no more waveguide and simpler and smaller crossover on that model
Focused4door is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2015   #10
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 125 Salami is on a distinguished roadSalami is on a distinguished roadSalami is on a distinguished roadSalami is on a distinguished roadSalami is on a distinguished road

They have been discontinued for quite some time if the info on this site is correct.
Salami is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2015   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Scott

Rep Power: 176 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

Go frogs. Done! The research and technology in these drivers in my opinion is highly underrated.

About to get silly with some GS42's in pillars of all things if I can make em fit. I want a pair of each, starting with the GB25's. Those little jewels might get Tacoma door duty.

And that's coming from a Danish speaker snob.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

2008 Civic Si Sedan - Sony RSX-GS9, Helix DSP Pro-2 & Director, JL Audio XD1000/5v2 (2), Audiofrog GB10 & GB25, Stereo Integrity TM65, Acoustic Elegance SBP12 (2)
Build Log
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2015   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 cajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond repute

I'd been waiting for this thread to surface.

it appears that the recipe for success that Harman achieved in mass quantity via exclusive manufacturing in Chinese buildhouses, is to be duplicated by the Audiofrog if not as closely as possible, then to some extent parallels can be drawn...

and no doubt, if the owner of Audiofrog says the flagship 6.5" midrange is a smoother playing 660Gti, it presses me against a window of want, drool droplets left for the CSI crews to come as I prepare myself, as I plot and plan...

haha, uh, sorry. Got a little carried away there.

So what exactly did the Harman design team leave on the table, that Audiofrog was able to make use of, what did they maximize in their lot of variables that cost controls loosened up, allowed?

Are the frogs durable, can they withstand the sheer brutality of over-powering that the Gti line is known for?

Seems like the hanging chad in the room, is how closely duplicated can you arrive to market before your former employers sink a retainer fee check in the slot at the patent infringement offices...

but with a completely new tooling on the basket and other nonpareils, safe to assume the economies of scale are in AF's favor and Andy spent time overseas with productive results in the end.

The JBL that I thought built some of the most desirable drivers in the world being improved upon by a former Harman man, makes this GB 60 driver a much higher rank on a competitor listing if indications of 670Gti is a direction, towards the bean counters and away from the state of the art.
cajunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2015   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Rubyserv
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 98 trumpet is a jewel in the roughtrumpet is a jewel in the roughtrumpet is a jewel in the roughtrumpet is a jewel in the roughtrumpet is a jewel in the roughtrumpet is a jewel in the roughtrumpet is a jewel in the roughtrumpet is a jewel in the roughtrumpet is a jewel in the roughtrumpet is a jewel in the roughtrumpet is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunner View Post
it appears that the recipe for success that Harman achieved in mass quantity via exclusive manufacturing in Chinese buildhouses, is to be duplicated by the Audiofrog if not as closely as possible, then to some extent parallels can be drawn...
Andy learned how to design great speakers. He found a factory that can build what he requested and perform the QC tests to verify the expected performance. They're world class speakers. They're not refreshed/optimized Harman designs.

My system: Clarion CX305, Massive Audio Core-1, Cerwin Vega V600.4, CV B2, CV V1500.1D, CDT ES-6CW, CDT ES1200iS, CV V465 rear fill, Dayton Titanic 12 in 2.0 cubes @ 36 Hz
trumpet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2015   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 152 sqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to behold

I haven't heard the AF, but just going by the specs and Andy's design philosophy mentioned in a few threads, I'd expect them to sound more like Scans, easy to tune and very accurate sounding.

HU : Pioneer p-80rsII DSP Bit Ten Mid Bass : Polk SR 6500 Tweets : Scan-Speak 3004 Sub : MM 2124 4 Ch Genesis Profile Four Ultra Mono : Genesis DM
sqnut is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2015   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 cajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpet View Post
Andy learned how to design great speakers. He found a factory that can build what he requested and perform the QC tests to verify the expected performance. They're world class speakers. They're not refreshed/optimized Harman designs.
so, in a thread that is asking for a comparison between the two, you're saying what, they aren't comparable?

just for funsies, exchange where it says "Andy" and put in place, "Harman" and see if your post still holds water.

660Gti, world class? check.

great speakers? check.

built in China? check.

performance verified? check.

do they look the same? no, haha...

but if the guy that was around when Harman put the 660Gti out, says his speakers compare to those except that they are smoother, then I assume he's not afraid to compare them?

Then if he says they are similar, hmm... maybe not optimized, maybe not refreshed, but certainly appear to be stood up against the former best in class, for comparison purposes.
cajunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2016   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 30 MrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrGreen83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to MrGreen83 For This Useful Post:
RVA_LVER (03-14-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement