Average Joe Review: Audio Development Speakers - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2015   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 149 Se7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud of

Default Re: Average Joe Review: Audio Development Speakers

Thanks for the review.

I'll say that the MM12 that I had in my car running IB, absolutely crushed the Esotar 1200 that it replaced in the exact same configuration.

Really impressive sub.

Back to stock
Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2015   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 125 LaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to LaserSVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
yup. im pretty sure thats impossible on a driver of this size. at least 1 way xmax. two way xmax its still hard to believe, but possible. im betting its two way xmech

LaserSVT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2015   #28
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Rep Power: 210 SkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
was my statement false or not useful?

SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2015   #29
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 125 LaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enough

Quote:
was my statement false or not useful?
Yes on both accounts. You claimed it to be impossible and claimed it to be a different spec than the one I stated. Like you do to every single post I make here or in the other group. It gets taxing after so many times.

I know you know your stuff but you must realize you are not the only educated person here nor the only one that can read specs. After I read the specs I confirmed with distributor and retailers. It was questioned once and I backed it up with proof of specs. You questioned it again and then were shown yet again the specs.

Isnt Gstokes posting something you can fight over?

Old 12-15-2015   #30
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Been here long time

Rep Power: 917 fourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond repute

Well guys this is why I offered up my units for testing.

Special thanks to all of the industry experts that share their knowledge here on the forum
2015 Durango R/T, Build MS-8, Massive NX4 pair, Massive N3, ID X6x9, Wavecor center, Alpine SPX Pro tweeters, Sundown SD3 10's
2017 Colorado, Helix V Eight, Arc 500.1, ID8's, Audible Physics AR3 & AR20
fourthmeal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2015   #31
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 90 capea4 will become famous soon enoughcapea4 will become famous soon enoughcapea4 will become famous soon enoughcapea4 will become famous soon enoughcapea4 will become famous soon enoughcapea4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yes on both accounts. You claimed it to be impossible and claimed it to be a different spec than the one I stated. Like you do to every single post I make here or in the other group. It gets taxing after so many times.

I know you know your stuff but you must realize you are not the only educated person here nor the only one that can read specs. After I read the specs I confirmed with distributor and retailers. It was questioned once and I backed it up with proof of specs. You questioned it again and then were shown yet again the specs.

yea, like mosconi amps aren't anything special,and are just a forum boner....that one will go over well
capea4 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2015   #32
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Rep Power: 210 SkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to all

Quote:

well xmax is 99% of the time measured 1 way. with the length of the voice coil it has (as seen in the mechanical drawing), yes, the 26mm 1 way xmax would actually be impossible. i said it cant be one way xmax, but possibly two way xmax or xmech. turns out i was right after seeing the drawing

if you go by xmax = (voice coil length - height of magnetic gap) / 2, the mechanical drawing posted by SQ_TSX, the 26mm one way just seems impossible. but, 26mm two way seems reasonable. its just that AD probably posts 2 way xmax, which just isnt the norm

Last edited by SkizeR; 12-15-2015 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: adding info
Old 12-15-2015   #33
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Pretty sure anyone reading this knows that it was a peak to peak and not one way. I have noticed its usually only subwoofers that rate the xmax one way and even then its only MOST of the time. Smaller speakers usually are measured peak to peak but that's in my limited experience.

And one thing I have to say about Mosconi, I wish the 100 watts my McIntosh puts out was as powerful as the rated 100 watts my Mosconi puts out. LOL

Old 12-15-2015   #34
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthmeal View Post
Well guys this is why I offered up my units for testing.
Offered up what now? I like playing with and trying to destroy stuff.

Old 12-15-2015   #35
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 312 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Have to say, as much as it pains me, I am with Skizer on this one. Seems like we're all ending up in the same place though. 26mm one way Xmax (the proper way to measure and spec, IMHO) is likely impossible in. 13mm one way is still crazy (unheard of?) Xmax on a 6.5" midbass driver.

Without independent testing, or at least Hc and Hg specs, I will remain a bit skeptical. Yes, even with that monster surround.

And I don't think anyone here has questioned the quality or performance of the drivers. In the end it probably boils down to semantics more than anything.

Pioneer DEH-80PRS | Mosconi 6to8 V8 | Arc KS900.6 | Arc KS600.2 | Illusion TL 25 BN | Illusion C5 | Arc Black 12
2015 MECA SQL Street California State Champion
Sonic Electronix Discount Code: hutsell
rton20s is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2015   #36
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

I hardly see Xmax posted as two way which is why I wanted to clear this up. Bad/wrong info is a plague in car audio that we need to end and it usually starts with misinterpretation

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Old 12-15-2015   #37
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 917 fourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I hardly see Xmax posted as two way which is why I wanted to clear this up. Bad/wrong info is a plague in car audio that we need to end and it usually starts with misinterpretation

In this case, it is probably just the Italian nature of things vs. what we're used to.

But trust, they can "excurse"

Special thanks to all of the industry experts that share their knowledge here on the forum
2015 Durango R/T, Build MS-8, Massive NX4 pair, Massive N3, ID X6x9, Wavecor center, Alpine SPX Pro tweeters, Sundown SD3 10's
Old 12-15-2015   #38
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Offered up what now? I like playing with and trying to destroy stuff.
Well I like the playing idea, not so keen on the latter. But if you buy them from me, you do whatever you darn well please.

I'm hoping though that maybe Erin or someone would like to test them and see if they actually perform or not. Not for my personal gain but for the forum and for understanding.

Old 12-15-2015   #39
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 312 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Just for you...

Pioneer DEH-80PRS | Mosconi 6to8 V8 | Arc KS900.6 | Arc KS600.2 | Illusion TL 25 BN | Illusion C5 | Arc Black 12
Old 12-15-2015   #40
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rton20s View Post
Just for you...
i dont even understand this.. lol

Old 12-15-2015   #41
DIYMA 500 Club

It says "Italians do it better"

These speakers are Italian.

Old 12-15-2015   #42
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Quote:
i dont even understand this.. lol
AD is an Italian company. Apparently Italians just have their own way of doing things. Hence an Xmax spec of 26mm on a 6.5" midbass.

Not to lead us too far astray... Hopefully their Xmax figures (after accounting for a listing of 2 way Xmax) are more accurate than a certain other Italian company that makes Pro drivers. Listed Xmax on some of their drivers I've looked at is <4x ((Hc-Hg)-2)! But there, they provide the math in their white paper.

Old 12-15-2015   #43
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:
It says "Italians do it better"

These speakers are Italian.
i know but the picture as a whole. dustin never fails to disappoint with his memes though

Old 12-15-2015   #44
DIYMA 500 Club

Here, let me say this.

They are fucking nice speakers. Measurements be damned regarding this statement.

But testing would be nice to see what its made of.

W600
edit: Here's some pics of mine, from the step down line

This is the 5 1/4 component set (still boxed up)

I personally love what they've done for the terminals. Nothing worse than shabby terminal mounts on a speaker you spent big bucks on!

Crossover is super-simple (haven't used)

The tweeters come in a cool looking tin can

Speaker wire here is a neat woven type, more like tinsel leads

Removed from its stand

Simple bottom cover

Super nice

Last edited by fourthmeal; 12-15-2015 at 04:16 PM..
Old 12-15-2015   #45
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Quote:
Here, let me say this.

They are fucking nice speakers. Measurements be damned regarding this statement.

But testing would be nice to see what its made of.
Hence my statement here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rton20s View Post
And I don't think anyone here has questioned the quality or performance of the drivers. In the end it probably boils down to semantics more than anything.

Old 12-15-2015   #46
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Well I like the playing idea, not so keen on the latter. But if you buy them from me, you do whatever you darn well please.

I'm hoping though that maybe Erin or someone would like to test them and see if they actually perform or not. Not for my personal gain but for the forum and for understanding.
The blowing up was a joke. LOL I treat them all with the utmost care.

I have spent several thousand in the last 6 months on just tweeters and mids. LOL

And I guess I spend so much time looking at imported speakers the "peak to peak" xmax is just what I have gotten used to. I know companies like Morel and Illusion list it as one way so for that I apologize and should have said "peak to peak". I take full responsibility for that oversight.

Now I am a bit upset I didn't get the metal box for my T10s though. Hope the T1FRs come in one.

But yeah, they have some serious stroke. I have starred at them when pushing them to some dubstep and its amazing to see such a small speaker move so much.

Old 12-16-2015   #47
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 154 SouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to SouthSyde

Something about speakers with big magnets make me happy, nostalgic...

Kinda like the old school AVI speakers.

Team audionizzle | Team Revelation Acoustics

My Truck:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...a-designs.html
SouthSyde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2015   #48
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Chad likes big butts......

Old 12-16-2015   #49
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 99 Alrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enough

I just found out Madonna is Italian, how about that?

Al

Pioneer Deh 80 Prs, JBL MS amps
Alrojoca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2015   #50
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 149 Se7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrojoca View Post
I just found out Madonna is Italian, how about that?
Where's the like button?

Back to stock
Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement