I'm using $5 speakers in my vehicle - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2016   #26

Banned

Rep Power: 0 FouierSeries is on a distinguished roadFouierSeries is on a distinguished roadFouierSeries is on a distinguished roadFouierSeries is on a distinguished roadFouierSeries is on a distinguished road

Default Re: I'm using $5 speakers in my vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmiddr2 View Post
People have known about these for a long time, at $5. You may help them sell 10 more pairs of these but it's not going to catch fire. Same with the asphalt dampener.
Well lurch didn't. You're welcome lurch. Link to relevant thread(s)?

And what? I'm not affiliated with Parts Express in any way. I don't care if another doesn't sell & they all get thrown in the garbage. I just assumed being a DIY forum & all, there were people on here that were on a budget & would appreciate others letting them know about good deals like this.

Whether you like it or not, the asphalt dampener worked. Are you sure you're not affiliated with some other audio company & are trying to steer them towards the products you carry & not the budget friendly ones that I've been letting others know about?

This is the "member reviews" section. I am a member & I am reviewing a product that I have been using & I firmly believe other people can benefit from it, so yeah...
FouierSeries is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2016   #27

Banned

Rep Power: 0 FouierSeries is on a distinguished roadFouierSeries is on a distinguished roadFouierSeries is on a distinguished roadFouierSeries is on a distinguished roadFouierSeries is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSIV SPL View Post
Yeah, sign me up.... If only I had known what great sounding speakers I could have had for $5.00, I might not have bothered paying way too much for this crap that I have...

For that matter, I think ALL the good stuff should be priced at $5.00 apiece... Just so we don't confuse it with the crappy stuff...
I'm an electrical engineering graduate student. Can you read anything in my signature? You know what a fouier series is?

I probably know/understand more than you think I do. I'd like to think that maybe you'd respect what I'm trying to do here

Some of you guys are ridiculous.

Unsub'd

If anyone needs help with the maths in their crossover networks, pm me & i'll be happy to help
Old 02-08-2016   #28
DIYMA 500 Club

do it yourself

Rep Power: 40117 schmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FouierSeries View Post
Well lurch didn't. You're welcome lurch. Link to relevant thread(s)?

And what? I'm not affiliated with Parts Express in any way. I don't care if another doesn't sell & they all get thrown in the garbage. I just assumed being a DIY forum & all, there were people on here that were on a budget & would appreciate others letting them know about good deals like this.

Whether you like it or not, the asphalt dampener worked. Are you sure you're not affiliated with some other audio company & are trying to steer them towards the products you carry & not the budget friendly ones that I've been letting others know about?

This is the "member reviews" section. I am a member & I am reviewing a product that I have been using & I firmly believe other people can benefit from it, so yeah...
I think the question is are you sure. If you want to create doubt about my motivations then play that game if you feel like you can win.

I'm not against any of the products you've mentioned, but your intentions are not as wholesome as you insist. It's not simply letting people know, it's implying they are too stupid to know.

And it's about time you drug out the being a student of EE, I don't think anyone could see that coming. You've been hankering for confrontations about those subjects as well.

If you want to prove something just hurry it up and get it over with or move on.

“When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear.” ― Thomas Sowell
schmiddr2 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2016   #29
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 154 sqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to behold

Time for a lock down?

HU : Pioneer p-80rsII DSP Bit Ten Mid Bass : Polk SR 6500 Tweets : Scan-Speak 3004 Sub : MM 2124 4 Ch Genesis Profile Four Ultra Mono : Genesis DM
sqnut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2016   #30

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Honest Juan Auto Care
Position:
Technician

Rep Power: 29 jwsewell01 will become famous soon enoughjwsewell01 will become famous soon enoughjwsewell01 will become famous soon enoughjwsewell01 will become famous soon enoughjwsewell01 will become famous soon enoughjwsewell01 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'm an electrical engineering graduate student. Can you read anything in my signature? You know what a fouier series is?

I probably know/understand more than you think I do. I'd like to think that maybe you'd respect what I'm trying to do here

Some of you guys are ridiculous.

Unsub'd

If anyone needs help with the maths in their crossover networks, pm me & i'll be happy to help
Get yer' ass back in here. Some folks appreciate what you have done.

Can't let the nay' Sayers get under your skin.

Pioneer AVH-X3700BHS - Alpine PXE-H660 - Eclipse PA5422 - Soundstream SST4.0 - unknown 8" midbass - Kenwood KAC-9105d - two NXV NSW124 in .75 ft3 sealed isobaric clamshell
jwsewell01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2016   #31

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 46 Silvercoat will become famous soon enoughSilvercoat will become famous soon enoughSilvercoat will become famous soon enoughSilvercoat will become famous soon enoughSilvercoat will become famous soon enoughSilvercoat will become famous soon enough

This kind of thing is the reason I always wanted to see a "Low cost SQ competition". Basically people take low cost gear, it must be new of course and retail price, and basically its an SQ competition. So yeh you could spend an extra few dollars and go active, or buy that slightly nicer driver. but it may cost you a win. All product would be blind tested of course.

More expensive = less Points
Higher SQ = more points
Silvercoat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2016   #32
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Been here long time

Rep Power: 917 fourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond repute

Is it even possible to unsub yourself from yourself? I mean you made this thread dude. Stand your ground! But... you may want to drop the EE F.O.B. attitude. Or at least withhold it until your time here gives you an understanding of other people's understanding of the hobby.

Some guys won't speak of Linkwitz-Transform circuits, complex algorithms, and all that, but they may be able to whip up one helluva system. Me personally, I live somewhere in the middle. I am technically apt but I prefer software to do the heavy lifting of the "maths" as you put it. Why? Because calculators and computers exist, that's why. This frees me up to use my abstract parts of my mind to come up with a cool amp rack, solve a problem of space considerations with 3 amps, a processor, a light box, and two distribution blocks in a tiny car can cause. Shit like that.

And if you really, really want to know, you wasted your time with asphalt deadening, and potentially created a huge mess in your car. No really. Let the EE in you research the value of visco-elastic materials and the thermodynamic laws that govern why a low-level in-efficient conversion of acoustic energy into heat via friction is vastly superior to mass-loading. And if you apply your own logic once you understand why, you'd be smart to immediately uninstall that shit before it ruins the car's interior.

Special thanks to all of the industry experts that share their knowledge here on the forum
2015 Durango R/T, Build MS-8, Massive NX4 pair, Massive N3, ID X6x9, Wavecor center, Alpine SPX Pro tweeters, Sundown SD3 10's
2017 Colorado, Helix V Eight, Arc 500.1, ID8's, Audible Physics AR3 & AR20
fourthmeal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2016   #33
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 144 stills has a reputation beyond reputestills has a reputation beyond reputestills has a reputation beyond reputestills has a reputation beyond reputestills has a reputation beyond reputestills has a reputation beyond reputestills has a reputation beyond reputestills has a reputation beyond reputestills has a reputation beyond reputestills has a reputation beyond reputestills has a reputation beyond repute

If I hadn't just put some rs-150's in my work truck. I'd be all over these. I still may. How can I not get them for that price? At the least they'd be a good back up set of mids, cheap.

team mono
stills is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2016   #34
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 99 Alrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enough

I'm sure you can get okay performance and save some money.

The question is how long is that $5 speaker going to last? 1 year or less of if gets splashed with water.

Same for CLD and MLV that are $1.50 a square foot, designed for roof horizontal areas, or MLV not meant to be for cars, only for home use where the environment it totally different, not designed for floors to step on it or take above than average abuse.

Will you be happy removing that stuff every year or 2 and buy it all over again at a cheap price?

How do we know that if X brand was just installed for 4 months and someone said its working great, it will not fail in 1 or 3 years?

Or maybe once the car is sold, it won't matter, my warranty is only a year and the new owner can fix it after that.

I give my respect to top quality car audio installers offering sometimes a life time warranty on work done and only using car designed and car oriented, deadening materials, although wood may not last forever, still costs and choices are limited and way cheaper to replace a piece of MDF wood over more expensive wood or plastic, the risk is mainly labor if wood does not hold after a few years.

Al

Pioneer Deh 80 Prs, JBL MS amps
Alrojoca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2016   #35

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 40 maggie-g will become famous soon enoughmaggie-g will become famous soon enoughmaggie-g will become famous soon enoughmaggie-g will become famous soon enoughmaggie-g will become famous soon enoughmaggie-g will become famous soon enough

Quote:

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE GREAT AND POWERFUL who has to throw around his degree (piece of paper that cost thousands). Congrats on being book smart. When you get some actual real world experience, come on back and try again You have already proven your lack of experience with the home depot "deadener" thread, no need to keep digging your hole.
maggie-g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2016   #36
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 31 Aldaa will become famous soon enoughAldaa will become famous soon enoughAldaa will become famous soon enoughAldaa will become famous soon enoughAldaa will become famous soon enoughAldaa will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie-g View Post
ALL BOW DOWN TO THE GREAT AND POWERFUL who has to throw around his degree (piece of paper that cost thousands). Congrats on being book smart. When you get some actual real world experience, come on back and try again You have already proven your lack of experience with the home depot "deadener" thread, no need to keep digging your hole.
What makes it even more hilarious is that he's like "bro do you even know what this is", and they can't even spell what they're referring to, or their username properly.

I smell a troll
Aldaa is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2016   #37
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner/ Engineer/Sales/Support

Rep Power: 152 Victor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaa View Post
What makes it even more hilarious is that he's like "bro do you even know what this is", and they can't even spell what they're referring to, or their username properly.

I smell a troll
Don`t underestimate degree, it worth it`s price in gold. to some it replace experience and even common sense.

It seems like most people don't care to actually understand reality.
Victor_inox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2016   #38
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Been here long time

Rep Power: 917 fourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond repute

Either way he's the FNG so I'm not going to think much of it. But you never know, maybe we'll learn something from his build log.

Special thanks to all of the industry experts that share their knowledge here on the forum
2015 Durango R/T, Build MS-8, Massive NX4 pair, Massive N3, ID X6x9, Wavecor center, Alpine SPX Pro tweeters, Sundown SD3 10's
2017 Colorado, Helix V Eight, Arc 500.1, ID8's, Audible Physics AR3 & AR20
fourthmeal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2016   #39
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 312 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Not that I have any sort of commentary on the OP, but I do own a pair of these drivers. They've been sitting in a cabinet in my garage for quite a while now. Because for $5, why not? I've done nothing with them, other then a quick test with a 9V.

I have listened to them in the B652-AIR application. I picked up a set of the bookshelf speakers for my brother as a birthday gift. For the price, I think they would be pretty hard to beat.

Even with the pair of these sitting in my cabinet, I would pay for a set of Dayton RS or Silverflutes for use in a build first.

Pioneer DEH-80PRS | Mosconi 6to8 V8 | Arc KS900.6 | Arc KS600.2 | Illusion TL 25 BN | Illusion C5 | Arc Black 12
2015 MECA SQL Street California State Champion
Sonic Electronix Discount Code: hutsell
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2016   #40

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaa View Post

I smell a troll
"Fourier" was taken.

try again?
Old 02-09-2016   #41
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 144 stills has a reputation beyond reputestills has a reputation beyond reputestills has a reputation beyond reputestills has a reputation beyond reputestills has a reputation beyond reputestills has a reputation beyond reputestills has a reputation beyond reputestills has a reputation beyond reputestills has a reputation beyond reputestills has a reputation beyond reputestills has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssoslow View Post
I remember an old member, chad, winning some comps in the Chicago area using $11 mids, mounted in untreated doors. I vaguely remember him knowing a thing or two about sound reproduction also.
The realest question of this thread has to be what happened to chad?

team mono
stills is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2016   #42
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 154 sqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to behold

God, what a piss poor attitude. My son is doing his Phd in engineering and thank God he doesn't showboat like you do. Are you here to learn how to design a passive xover or are you here to show off your knowledge? BTW there are a few Phd's around here.

Most people here run active and some that don't already have a passiver xover in the network. The ability to design a passive would be of limited interest here. Jeez so much of soul searching to go from 6 db to 12db......it's just a click on the GUI for most.

HU : Pioneer p-80rsII DSP Bit Ten Mid Bass : Polk SR 6500 Tweets : Scan-Speak 3004 Sub : MM 2124 4 Ch Genesis Profile Four Ultra Mono : Genesis DM
Old 02-09-2016   #43
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:

Rep Power: 152 Victor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqnut View Post
God, what a piss poor attitude. My son is doing his Phd in engineering and thank God he doesn't showboat like you do. Are you here to learn how to design a passive xover or are you here to show off your knowledge? BTW there are a few Phd's around here.

Most people here run active and some that don't already have a passiver xover in the network. The ability to design a passive would be of limited interest here. Jeez so much of soul searching to go from 6 db to 12db......it's just a click on the GUI for most.

He never said he has PHD. I`d love to see his dissertation if he does.

You right though , art of designing passive network fading away.

Old 02-09-2016   #44

Banned

Quote:

My piss-poor attitude comes from people like this,

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSIV SPL View Post
Yeah, sign me up.... If only I had known what great sounding speakers I could have had for $5.00, I might not have bothered paying way too much for this crap that I have...

For that matter, I think ALL the good stuff should be priced at $5.00 apiece... Just so we don't confuse it with the crappy stuff...

Clearly, this individual is not taking me seriously. How do you think I'm supposed to react to that? "Yeah you're right XSIV SPL, I have no idea what I'm doing. I know nothing about electr..."

Never mind.

And congrats. Civil Engineering?

I'm willing to bet there are still a few members on this DIY site that would enjoy having the ability to design their own passive crossovers. Ya know, being a DIY site & all
Old 02-09-2016   #45
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Quote:
My piss-poor attitude comes from people like this,

Go back and re-read your last 15 posts. You came here with your piss poor attitude. It has nothing to do with running into people like me .

Old 02-09-2016   #46

Banned

Quote:
Go back and re-read your last 15 posts. You came here with your piss poor attitude. It has nothing to do with running into people like me .
I stand behind everything I've said. No need to repeat it.
Old 02-09-2016   #47
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:

It`s wrong DIY site, you go to diyaudio and you`ll find real passive gurus.
Your arrogant attitude doesn`t help.
You are young and it`s showing.. now when you still know everything go for higher degree, make more money and buy product designed by pros or became one.
You`ll uncover many mysteries.

Old 02-09-2016   #48
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Quote:
I stand behind everything I've said. No need to repeat it.
Including these gems?

Quote:
"Ready to find answers to insanely hard car audio questions?"

I caught that^ somewhere on the registration page. Hopefully this site won't let me down

XsubL=2PiFL

If you understand enough about car audio or physics in general, you should have caught the error in that equation.....
Quote:
There are no professionals on this forum. Check out my other thread that concerns imaginary numbers/complex impedance. Guarantee it'll go unanswered. No one has the maths/physics to be able to answer it.

Prove me wrong
Quote:
That's not even fair. The whole Subaru community is one big face palm.
Quote:
That's not even fair. The whole Subaru community is one big face palm.
Quote:
You dished out the extra $20 for the hoodie? I ordered the generic t shirt. I wear it to class. Get a lot of giggles from the ladies.
Now you're Micheal Faraday....

Quote:
Faraday's Law. See Maxwell's equations. Damn subscript function on my keyboard.

Michael is one of my favorites. He was introverted & intellectually curious, much like myself. He deserves more recognition than he is given.

We could go on but I'll stop here. Drop the showboating, get a better attitude and you'll find the forum much more accepting and willing to help.....but wait you don't need help with your $250 setup .

Old 02-09-2016   #49

Banned

Yes.
Old 02-09-2016   #50

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
It`s wrong DIY site, you go to diyaudio and you`ll find real passive gurus.
Your arrogant attitude doesn`t help.
You are young and it`s showing.. now when you still know everything go for higher degree, make more money and buy product designed by pros or became one.
You`ll uncover many mysteries.
It says DIY at the top of my page? Am I somehow on a different site than you?

Arrogant? I'm young?

Who cares, I deliver. I'm giving the DIY crowd what they want. What are you doing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement