I'm using $5 speakers in my vehicle - Page 3 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2016   #51
DIYMA 500 Club

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner/ Engineer/Sales/Support

Rep Power: 144 Victor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: I'm using $5 speakers in my vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FouierSeries View Post
It says DIY at the top of my page? Am I somehow on a different site than you?

Arrogant? I'm young?

Who cares, I deliver. I'm giving the DIY crowd what they want. What are you doing?

there is difference between diyaudio and diymobileaudio. mobile audio people in general don`t give a fuck about passives.
You can find state of the art passives here in classifieds section for peanuts.

You deliver?Terrific!!! $5 speaker? Awesome! peel-n stick deadener- Why is no one impressed I wonder?
What I`m doing is none of your concerns, Do your research if you wanna know.
How I know you are young? Easy- you behave like 12years old who learned one equation and compare himself to Fourier or was it Faraday?

It seems like most people don't care to actually understand reality.
Victor_inox is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2016   #52

Banned

Rep Power: 0 FouierSeries is on a distinguished roadFouierSeries is on a distinguished roadFouierSeries is on a distinguished roadFouierSeries is on a distinguished roadFouierSeries is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
there is difference between diyaudio and diymobileaudio. mobile audio people in general don`t give a fuck about passives.
You can find state of the art passives here in classifieds section for peanuts.

You deliver?Terrific!!! $5 speaker? Awesome! peel-n stick deadener- Why is no one impressed I wonder?
What I`m doing is none of your concerns, Do your research if you wanna know.
Great. Now that you got all that figured out, leave.
FouierSeries is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2016   #53
DIYMA 500 Club

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:

Rep Power: 144 Victor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Great. Now that you got all that figured out, leave.
You are not in position to tell me what to do, suck it up.

Old 02-09-2016   #54

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 51 All-Or-Nothing will become famous soon enoughAll-Or-Nothing will become famous soon enoughAll-Or-Nothing will become famous soon enoughAll-Or-Nothing will become famous soon enoughAll-Or-Nothing will become famous soon enoughAll-Or-Nothing will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsewell01 View Post
I like the idea of extreme budget systems.
Needs to be a retail price limited class in competitions in my opinion.

I have my eye on a some 8's to replace my falling apart midbass drivers.

https://www.parts-express.com/dl840-...-ohm--299-2174

NICE.......just ordered 4
All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2016   #55
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 37 brumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enough

brumledb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2016   #56

Banned

Rep Power: 0 FouierSeries is on a distinguished roadFouierSeries is on a distinguished roadFouierSeries is on a distinguished roadFouierSeries is on a distinguished roadFouierSeries is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You are not in position to tell me what to do, suck it up.
Well, it's unfortunate what's happening here. I offered up a review to benefit the members on this forum. If anyone needed help putting together a crossover, I told them to PM me & I'd help them out.

You have contributed absolutely nothing here Victor. Do the community a favor & please leave.
Old 02-09-2016   #57

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 51 All-Or-Nothing will become famous soon enoughAll-Or-Nothing will become famous soon enoughAll-Or-Nothing will become famous soon enoughAll-Or-Nothing will become famous soon enoughAll-Or-Nothing will become famous soon enoughAll-Or-Nothing will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Well, it's unfortunate what's happening here. I offered up a review to benefit the members on this forum. If anyone needed help putting together a crossover, I told them to PM me & I'd help them out.

You have contributed absolutely nothing here Victor. Do the community a favor & please leave.
People just mad you used the cheap deadener.

I appreciate the tip on these speakers.
All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2016   #58

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing View Post
People just mad you used the cheap deadener.

I appreciate the tip on these speakers.
Thanks.

I'm not for it or against it. Some people mentioned it smelled horribly, and some said it faded away. Some people said it fell off after while & some said it held up. Idk, it was cheap so why not try myself? And it was in my beater vehicle.

It's been over a year, and it's still on there. The smell went away after a few weeks. And it did take are of any resonances I did have.

It worked. Figured I'd let others know. I said I'd check it in another year...
Old 02-09-2016   #59
DIYMA 500 Club

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:

Quote:

i agree it`s unfortunate.
where did you offered to help with crossovers, I must missed that part.
I believe that you asked for help with CO.

Old 02-09-2016   #60

Banned

Quote:
i agree it`s unfortunate.
where did you offered to help with crossovers, I must missed that part.
I believe that you asked for help with CO.
Post #27

Quote:
If anyone needs help with the maths in their crossover networks, pm me & i'll be happy to help
I believe that I asked for help in a different thread, here Complex impedance?

Now go.
Old 02-09-2016   #61
DIYMA 500 Club

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:

Quote:
Post #27

I believe that I asked for help in a different thread, here Complex impedance?

Now go.

Don`t you find it odd when you ask for help in one thread while offering help on the same topic in another. Troll is as troll does.

Old 02-09-2016   #62

Banned

Quote:
Don`t you find it odd when you ask for help in one thread while offering help on the same topic in another. Troll is as troll does.
Not at all, no. I figured it out so now I'm in the position where I can help others.

It'd be different if someone helped me & I was taking credit for their work, but that didn't happen. Did you click on the thread?

Go ahead & try.
Old 02-09-2016   #63
DIYMA 500 Club

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:

Quote:
Not at all, no. I figured it out so now I'm in the position where I can help others.

It'd be different if someone helped me & I was taking credit for their work, but that didn't happen. Did you click on the thread?

Go ahead & try.
desirable intent, kudos!
How is that would be different? You went to school, learned a bunch from dead people, benefit from that knowledge or at least trying to...
Seriously though diyaudio is much more appropriate place to ask about Crossovers. mobile audio people not interested much.

Old 02-09-2016   #64

Banned

Quote:
desirable intent, kudos!
How is that would be different? You went to school, learned a bunch from dead people, benefit from that knowledge or at least trying to...
Seriously though diyaudio is much more appropriate place to ask about Crossovers. mobile audio people not interested much.
None of this is relevant. I take it you're done now?
Old 02-09-2016   #65
DIYMA 500 Club

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:

Quote:
None of this is relevant. I take it you're done now?

Old 02-09-2016   #66
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 134 danssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stills View Post
The realest question of this thread has to be what happened to chad?
Agreed.

Impress your ears, not your peers!!!
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2016   #67
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 134 danssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enough

And in other news, Dalton must be on a coffee break.

Impress your ears, not your peers!!!
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2016   #68
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 XSIV SPL will become famous soon enoughXSIV SPL will become famous soon enoughXSIV SPL will become famous soon enoughXSIV SPL will become famous soon enoughXSIV SPL will become famous soon enoughXSIV SPL will become famous soon enoughXSIV SPL will become famous soon enoughXSIV SPL will become famous soon enough

Wow, much pissing going on since yesterday... LOL

Four-rears is certainly a prodigy who is simply misunderstood... I'm gonna go and give him some reputation points pronto! Or not...
XSIV SPL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2016   #69

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 35 eldondo will become famous soon enougheldondo will become famous soon enougheldondo will become famous soon enougheldondo will become famous soon enougheldondo will become famous soon enougheldondo will become famous soon enough

Mr, Foyer i hope you last longer then the last one that came thru here cause he sure didnt stay long
eldondo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2016   #70
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 129 I800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of light

You seem like a good kid. I'm glad the $5 speakers worked out. I like that kind of enthusiasm. The original owner of the site stated that he thought that the price point at bang for buck went out the window around $300.

Just try not to be so abrasive when your thoughts are challenged and you'll be good to go. Everybody brings something to the table whether it's presented scientifically, eloquently, or otherwise. There's other ideas and approaches but don't get bent when approached with them. When you throw away people who aren't like minded you start throwing away puzzle pieces.

Best real world advice I can offer you is that every single person has value. Just because you can't find it doesn't mean it isn't there. I'm sick of our culture throwing others away because we presume "they don't get it" and that's usually a two-way street.

Have any pics?

Don't mistake activity for accomplishment.
My '13 Jetta build...not finished
I800C0LLECT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2016   #71
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 307 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Pioneer DEH-80PRS | Mosconi 6to8 V8 | Arc KS900.6 | Arc KS600.2 | Illusion TL 25 BN | Illusion C3 | Illusion C6 | Arc Black 12
2015 MECA SQL Street California State Champion
rton20s is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2016   #72
DIYMA 500 Club

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rton20s View Post
Right on time!

Old 02-10-2016   #73
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Been here long time

Rep Power: 913 fourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond repute

I liked the entire post you just made. There's no "like" button so I'm saying it out loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I800C0LLECT View Post
You seem like a good kid. I'm glad the $5 speakers worked out. I like that kind of enthusiasm. The original owner of the site stated that he thought that the price point at bang for buck went out the window around $300.

Just try not to be so abrasive when your thoughts are challenged and you'll be good to go. Everybody brings something to the table whether it's presented scientifically, eloquently, or otherwise. There's other ideas and approaches but don't get bent when approached with them. When you throw away people who aren't like minded you start throwing away puzzle pieces.

Best real world advice I can offer you is that every single person has value. Just because you can't find it doesn't mean it isn't there. I'm sick of our culture throwing others away because we presume "they don't get it" and that's usually a two-way street.

Have any pics?

Special thanks to all of the industry experts that share their knowledge here on the forum
2015 Durango R/T, Build almost complete MS-8, Massive NX4 pair, Massive N3, ID X6x9, Wavecor center, Alpine SPX Pro tweeters, Sundown SD3 10's
2017 Colorado just starting
fourthmeal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2016   #74
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 293 Hanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond repute

Wow... What a popcorn thread. Wonder how many of these threads I missed being away from here the last year.

Just a friendly tip, a review involves testing. Measurements tell the story of the performance of the given driver if done correctly, it usually says more than a thousand words. Others prefer doing some form of subjective analysis, they tend to be less informative in general imo but serves a point.

Zaph tested alot of cheap drivers and compared them against much more expensive drivers here; Zaph|Audio

The cheapest $14 driver didn't perform that terrible actually but it has limitations in usage and it possible to get much better stuff by simply spending a little more money.

# In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act # (George Orwell)

- Build Thread 1, Mercedes-Benz E 320T (2000) -

- Build Thread 2, VW Passat 1.8T (2000) -
Hanatsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2016   #75
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Been here long time

Rep Power: 913 fourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond repute

There's certainly a bang-for-buck curve, no question. Currently I'm screwing around with FR89EX mids in a build, and those suckers are cheap for the response and excursion they give, at least on paper. We'll see how they sound soon, hopefully.

Biggest BforB that I've run into though had to be the RS75 and ND20FB tweeters I used in the Flex build. So cheap and yet with a simple 2nd order crossover I made myself (for ~$10 per side x 3), soooo good.

Special thanks to all of the industry experts that share their knowledge here on the forum
2015 Durango R/T, Build almost complete MS-8, Massive NX4 pair, Massive N3, ID X6x9, Wavecor center, Alpine SPX Pro tweeters, Sundown SD3 10's
2017 Colorado just starting
fourthmeal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement