TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL - Thank you! - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2016   #1
Blu
Upgrade Your Membership!

Charles

Rep Power: 107 Blu will become famous soon enoughBlu will become famous soon enoughBlu will become famous soon enoughBlu will become famous soon enoughBlu will become famous soon enoughBlu will become famous soon enough

Default TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL - Thank you!

Just wanted to give a shout out and say Thank You for the epic & exhaustive CLD test thread.

It was invaluable in helping me make an informed purchase decision.

The more I start to understand, the more I realize I have so much to learn.
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2016   #2

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 36 sicride will become famous soon enoughsicride will become famous soon enoughsicride will become famous soon enoughsicride will become famous soon enoughsicride will become famous soon enoughsicride will become famous soon enough

Default Re: TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL - Thank you!

Haven't made a purchase recently but I know your tests have greatly helped me with my next purchase soon. Thank you from me too!
sicride is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2016   #3

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 51 frontman will become famous soon enoughfrontman will become famous soon enoughfrontman will become famous soon enoughfrontman will become famous soon enoughfrontman will become famous soon enoughfrontman will become famous soon enough

Thank you for the quality third party independent research that has helped so many including myself!
frontman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2016   #4
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 311 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. Thank you Chris!

I was going to start a similar thread, so I am glad you did. I have just a little bit of insight as to what he has going on in his life right now and the fact that he took the time today to close out the CLD thread the way he did indicates once again how dedicated he is to this community. And this after spending the entire weekend getting trained to be a MECA SQ judge and judging a 3x event when he doesn't even have a system in his own vehicle.

I had this one all ready to go for someone else earlier, but I think it might be even more appropriate here...

Pioneer DEH-80PRS | Mosconi 6to8 V8 | Arc KS900.6 | Arc KS600.2 | Illusion TL 25 BN | Illusion C5 | Arc Black 12
2015 MECA SQL Street California State Champion
Sonic Electronix Discount Code: hutsell
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2016   #5
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA member

Rep Power: 58 Theslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enough

I'm jumping on this band wagon. Thank you for your commitment to helping everyone.

The best way to dummy proof is to get rid of the dummies
Theslaking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2016   #6

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 95 firebirdude will become famous soon enoughfirebirdude will become famous soon enoughfirebirdude will become famous soon enoughfirebirdude will become famous soon enoughfirebirdude will become famous soon enoughfirebirdude will become famous soon enough

Appreciate it as well. Ever get around to testing Noico? It wasn't in the final wrap up. But hey. I sound like I'm b$@%$ing. I ain't. Appreciate all the work homie.
firebirdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2016   #7

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 32 motomech will become famous soon enoughmotomech will become famous soon enoughmotomech will become famous soon enoughmotomech will become famous soon enoughmotomech will become famous soon enoughmotomech will become famous soon enough

Thank you for putting so much work into this project.
If you think about how many people have viewed your test it would be safe to say you have saved us a phenomenal amount of wasted dollars purchasing substandard product as well as countless hours of wasted labor.
For this we all owe you a great dept of gratitude.
Your testing methods are solid and it is obvious you have an analytical and disciplined mind.
Thank you!
motomech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2016   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 115 TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to all

Wow, I completely missed this until now. Thanks for the kind words, and thanks for being patient with me. Unfortunately, I have to sell off pretty much all of my car audio stuff for now, and that includes the speakers that were being used in the test rig. However, I did do a couple of last tests. I didn't feel right picking and choosing products to test, knowing that I couldn't test them all, so instead, I tested some application techniques. I figured that would be a fair way to provide just a little bit more information without looking like I was playing favorites by picking brands. I will put it into a separate thread, as it doesn't quite belong among the product comparisons.

All products I have left are wrapped in wax paper, and stored away, waiting for the day when I can come back to this. It will happen. I just have to ride out the storm.

98 Dodge Neon Meca Extreme Class Build
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...-timer-sq.html
TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2016   #9

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 108 undone1 will become famous soon enoughundone1 will become famous soon enoughundone1 will become famous soon enoughundone1 will become famous soon enoughundone1 will become famous soon enoughundone1 will become famous soon enough

Saying thank you also...wanted to add these pics to the original thread..for those considering Damp Pro....

not looking so good..

and for prep..full washdown w hot soapy water..blow dry..pre-heat with heat gun..clean with 90% alcohol..pre-heat again...clean with spray away glass cleaner...blow-dry..pre-heat metal and Damp Pro..and apply with roller...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Feb28_0003.jpg (37.8 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg Feb28_0004.jpg (61.1 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg Feb28_0005.jpg (31.2 KB, 53 views)

Head unit: ALpine CDA/H700
Tweeter : I.D. NX30 Kicker SX400.2
Mid's : 500 GTI/Intimid8rs on (2) Kicker SX900.4
Sub : Team Fi 18 Taramps HD6500
undone1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2016   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 47 Jscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
Just wanted to give a shout out and say Thank You for the epic & exhaustive CLD test thread.

It was invaluable in helping me make an informed purchase decision.

Was there ever a thread or sticky of the outcomes? Or is it just hundreds of pages of Info..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Jscoyne2 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2016   #11

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 21 Vx220 will become famous soon enoughVx220 will become famous soon enoughVx220 will become famous soon enoughVx220 will become famous soon enoughVx220 will become famous soon enoughVx220 will become famous soon enough

Last post, I think
Vx220 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2016   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 115 TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to all

Thanks guys.

Last 3 posts. There's also a 2nd thread that covers differences in coverage.

98 Dodge Neon Meca Extreme Class Build
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...-timer-sq.html
TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2016   #13

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 16 caraudiopimps will become famous soon enoughcaraudiopimps will become famous soon enoughcaraudiopimps will become famous soon enoughcaraudiopimps will become famous soon enoughcaraudiopimps will become famous soon enoughcaraudiopimps will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by undone1 View Post
Saying thank you also...wanted to add these pics to the original thread..for those considering Damp Pro....

not looking so good..

and for prep..full washdown w hot soapy water..blow dry..pre-heat with heat gun..clean with 90% alcohol..pre-heat again...clean with spray away glass cleaner...blow-dry..pre-heat metal and Damp Pro..and apply with roller...
Daaaaaaamn! That's fucked up man!!! I went with a big ass roll of 1 1/4lb/sq ft mlv, and some cheapo ccf off Amazon, and honestly, both the ccf, and the mlv appear to be much higher quality than the second skin stuff. The Knu Konceptz Kno Knoise Kollossus I chose based on Toostubborn2fail's post is the best deadener I've seen (waaaaaay better than damp pro), except SDS of course. But, you can truly feel the quality when you touch the butyl, cutting it, and test fitting is a breeze, and I've actually had no issue peeling the backing off, putting it on the surface lightly, and pulling it off to move it, as long as it's not rolled down, it doesn't fully adhere. This is hands down my favorite deadener due to that alone. Not to mention the massive improvement in my rear doors I've noticed compared to the older dynamat xtreme in my front doors. Thanks to toostubborn2fail, I managed to avoid the hype, and misinformation which overpriced companies like second skin perpetuate. Although, the liquid second skin does have valuable applications.
caraudiopimps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement