LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2007   #1

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 87 sonic purity will become famous soon enoughsonic purity will become famous soon enoughsonic purity will become famous soon enoughsonic purity will become famous soon enoughsonic purity will become famous soon enoughsonic purity will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to sonic purity

Default ZAPCO DC REFERENCE AMPS

These amps are incredible, the output and clarity are just above and beyond any other none Zapco amps that I have used. Plus the DSP processing that is built in makes it really easy to tune the set up just right. I hooked my laptop up to the 360 and was able to tune both amps. The setting included, gain, eq, time delay, crossover setting, output level, input level and actually more than I can remember right now. The coolest part is that i could sit in the drivers seat with my laptop and adjust everything all at once. Instead of having to make countless trips to the trunk. The other great feature with the Zapco amp (not just the DC's) is they have a balance line output called symbilink that keeps radiated noise out of your sound and boost the pre outs up to 18 volts. Giving you a lower noise floor and a boosted signal to amps. If your into SQ these amps will absolutely fit the bill. But as a whole all the Zapco amps that I have used are on a different level than any other amps I have used. including JL audio slash and e series, Rockford Power series, PPI Power class old school( these were pretty close in SQ), xtant, Alpine and a couple others I cant think of right now. The only draw back to these amps are the sub amp is a class ab, while this is great for SQ, it is a bit less efficient than most d class's and heats up pretty quick and consumes quite a bit of power. If you have an questions about these amps I will be happy to try and answer them or Zapco has a really good forum that has actual technicians from there staff answering question. www.zapco.com Hope this doesnt sound too much like a plug, I just really like the products and this company.

sonic purity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 101 drake78 will become famous soon enoughdrake78 will become famous soon enoughdrake78 will become famous soon enoughdrake78 will become famous soon enoughdrake78 will become famous soon enoughdrake78 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: ZAPCO DC REFERENCE AMPS

Can you ever go wrong with Zapco? I don't think so.
drake78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #3
Upgrade Your Membership!

Seen Rock City

Rep Power: 123 MiloX will become famous soon enoughMiloX will become famous soon enoughMiloX will become famous soon enoughMiloX will become famous soon enoughMiloX will become famous soon enoughMiloX will become famous soon enough

Yaaay Zapco!

Brian Young - 2012 Ford F-150 Raptor
Phoenix Gold|Dynaudio|Audience|AudioMobile
Team Audio Designs- Hardcore will never die.
MiloX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 137 GlasSman will become famous soon enoughGlasSman will become famous soon enoughGlasSman will become famous soon enoughGlasSman will become famous soon enoughGlasSman will become famous soon enoughGlasSman will become famous soon enough

Great stuff!

///Alpine / Soundstream / Image Dynamics / MB Quart / Fountek

---Custom fabricated speaker baffles and templates---
GlasSman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #5

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 113 Hipnotic4 will become famous soon enoughHipnotic4 will become famous soon enoughHipnotic4 will become famous soon enoughHipnotic4 will become famous soon enoughHipnotic4 will become famous soon enoughHipnotic4 will become famous soon enough

damn i want one of those in my next setup!

No such thing as a finished install, just temporary satisfaction.
Hipnotic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 104 danssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enoughdanssoslow will become famous soon enough

Are you selling these on eBay? If not, someone stole one of your pics.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ZAPCO-DC360-4-DC...QQcmdZViewItem
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #7

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 87 sonic purity will become famous soon enoughsonic purity will become famous soon enoughsonic purity will become famous soon enoughsonic purity will become famous soon enoughsonic purity will become famous soon enoughsonic purity will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssoslow View Post
Are you selling these on eBay? If not, someone stole one of your pics.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ZAPCO-DC360-4-DC...QQcmdZViewItem
Yea, I am selling em on ebay. Love em but I want to get the bigger ones. D1000.4 AND THE DC1000.1 They have SQ and plenty of Power for most people but now I want more power. Lets just say I want it all.

Last edited by sonic purity; 12-19-2007 at 10:25 PM..
Old 12-19-2007   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 137 GlasSman will become famous soon enoughGlasSman will become famous soon enoughGlasSman will become famous soon enoughGlasSman will become famous soon enoughGlasSman will become famous soon enoughGlasSman will become famous soon enough

Are you selling those?

Old 12-19-2007   #9

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasSman View Post
Are you selling those?
Yes
Old 12-19-2007   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Whats the starting bid for the 4 channel?

Old 12-19-2007   #11

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Whats the starting bid for the 4 channel?
$00.99

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=005

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=005
Old 12-20-2007   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

That was quick.

Old 12-20-2007   #13

DIYMA freshman

What was quick?
Old 12-21-2007   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic purity View Post
What was quick?
Throwing them up on Ebay.

Old 12-21-2007   #15

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Throwing them up on Ebay.
Yea, I need the bigger ones. 1000.4 and 1000.1
Old 12-24-2007   #16

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 116 epifant will become famous soon enoughepifant will become famous soon enoughepifant will become famous soon enoughepifant will become famous soon enoughepifant will become famous soon enoughepifant will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic purity View Post
The coolest part is that i could sit in the drivers seat with my laptop and adjust everything all at once. Instead of having to make countless trips to the trunk.
Another option (especially with "normal" amps) is to Wire the amp up in your lap, sitting in the drivers seat. Then just adjust everything in "real time", instead of running back and forth
epifant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

CRIPPLED HILLBILLY

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 193 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

so how long before you pull a "kirk profit"?insanity i tell ya

11 Ram Quadcab HEMI...Stock Headunit...(2)Mini dsp 2x4...Mosconi One 120.4...Alpine pdx5...Scanspeak Discovery 2" and 7"...Ground Zero Uranium SQ8 ported
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 100 BlueAc will become famous soon enoughBlueAc will become famous soon enoughBlueAc will become famous soon enoughBlueAc will become famous soon enoughBlueAc will become famous soon enoughBlueAc will become famous soon enough

Question for the seller... even though its to late weren't those amps purchased refurb'd??? Why didn't you mention that in the ebay posting?

07 Acura TL Type S
Pioneer AVH-4000NEX * Mosconi 6 to 8 * Illusion Audio Carbon C6 * Illusion Audio Electra E6 * JL Audio 12w6v3 * JL Audio HD600/4 * JL Audio HD900/5
BlueAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #19

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAc View Post
Question for the seller... even though its to late weren't those amps purchased refurb'd??? Why didn't you mention that in the ebay posting?
I didnt sell them as refurb's because I cannont warranty them. I sold them as is with no warranty. Although they work perfectly.
Old 12-24-2007   #20

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by epifant View Post
Another option (especially with "normal" amps) is to Wire the amp up in your lap, sitting in the drivers seat. Then just adjust everything in "real time", instead of running back and forth
I never thought of that. Course the amp might burn your lap
Old 12-24-2007   #21

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 111 Inferno333 will become famous soon enoughInferno333 will become famous soon enoughInferno333 will become famous soon enoughInferno333 will become famous soon enoughInferno333 will become famous soon enoughInferno333 will become famous soon enough

Someone got a sweet deal...
Inferno333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #22

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 84 xtwistedx will become famous soon enoughxtwistedx will become famous soon enoughxtwistedx will become famous soon enoughxtwistedx will become famous soon enoughxtwistedx will become famous soon enoughxtwistedx will become famous soon enough

i agree with you. zabco delivers good wattage and Power for the price
xtwistedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 94 trunks9_us is on a distinguished roadtrunks9_us is on a distinguished roadtrunks9_us is on a distinguished roadtrunks9_us is on a distinguished road

thats funny because i am selling my cheaper then that on here and no one wants them. maybe i should put mine on ebay then.
trunks9_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011   #24

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 oldschoolfool will become famous soon enougholdschoolfool will become famous soon enougholdschoolfool will become famous soon enougholdschoolfool will become famous soon enougholdschoolfool will become famous soon enougholdschoolfool will become famous soon enough

I'm currently building a set up for my daily driver and I have a question about how much current these amps draw. My Car is a 1992 honda civic hb and I have a stock alternator with a brand new battery. My set up im building is 1 zapco dc reference 1000.4 powering morel supremo piccolo tweeters and morel elate 6" mids. And then 1 zapco 1100.1 powering 2 JL audio W6v2s 10s. I wanted to know if the alternator would hold up to Power those amps. In high school I built a system in a 2001 gmc jimmy and I used old school ppi art series amps 1 A1200.2 and a AX400 and the Power to the sub would cut in half after about 20 minutes even with 0 guage power wire. So I'm wondering if any one is using a similar setup and if so what did they do as far as power supply for the amps thanks
oldschoolfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

Back Yard Installer

Rep Power: 122 IBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolfool View Post
I'm currently building a set up for my daily driver and I have a question about how much current these amps draw. My Car is a 1992 honda civic hb and I have a stock alternator with a brand new battery. My set up im building is 1 zapco dc reference 1000.4 powering morel supremo piccolo tweeters and morel elate 6" mids. And then 1 zapco 1100.1 powering 2 JL audio W6v2s 10s. I wanted to know if the alternator would hold up to Power those amps. In high school I built a system in a 2001 gmc jimmy and I used old school ppi art series amps 1 A1200.2 and a AX400 and the Power to the sub would cut in half after about 20 minutes even with 0 guage power wire. So I'm wondering if any one is using a similar setup and if so what did they do as far as power supply for the amps thanks
this thread died over 2 years ago, bro

IBcivic is offline   Reply With Quote