iPad Mini 4 and Sony RSX-GS9 - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2016   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 143 Niebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really nice

Default Re: iPad Mini 4 and Sony RSX-GS9

Thanks Erin, steering controls work great but it's hard not to use that volume knob. However on the iPad, the controls are much easier to use....much larger. Or you can use the remote if you want. The remote works even with the steering wheels control piece plugged in. I have lots of ways to control volume.....not to add a controller for my processor and I would have yet another way....lol. Is there some award for having so many options for volume???

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
There is a difference between overkill and bad. Your idea isn't overkill, it's bad.
Niebur3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2016   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 59 gregerst22 will become famous soon enoughgregerst22 will become famous soon enoughgregerst22 will become famous soon enoughgregerst22 will become famous soon enoughgregerst22 will become famous soon enoughgregerst22 will become famous soon enough

Fortunately I'll have the app running on the iPad which will be within easy reach from my driving position.

gregerst22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2016   #28

Bikinpunk

Rep Power: 25976 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

yea. I was talking about control via my iPhone 6s (not plus).

I tried again this morning with my iPad mini 2 and it's much easier to navigate.

-- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
http://medleysmusings.com/

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2016   #29
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 59 gregerst22 will become famous soon enoughgregerst22 will become famous soon enoughgregerst22 will become famous soon enoughgregerst22 will become famous soon enoughgregerst22 will become famous soon enoughgregerst22 will become famous soon enough

Do you have any close up pics of the interface? It looks like the volume buttons are large which is a good thing. I see + and - does it also work by sliding finger across?
Funny thing is I put a Sony MEX-XB100BT in my boat this summer and it uses songPal as well but I only used it to stream audio from my phone and I didn't really pay much attention to anything else. Now that I'm interested in the GS9 I which I had played around with it more but now boats in storage for the winter.
Old 10-01-2016   #30

Bikinpunk

Rep Power: 25976 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

I've been talking about it over on caraudiojunkies.com. I post mainly over there now... just easier on me than cross posting stuff all over the place. lol

here's a link to that if you're interested. start with post #909 for my latest stuff...
Erin's 2006 Civic Sedan - Page 91

-- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
http://medleysmusings.com/

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2016   #31
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Awesome thanks.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #32

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 55 BMW Alpina will become famous soon enoughBMW Alpina will become famous soon enoughBMW Alpina will become famous soon enoughBMW Alpina will become famous soon enoughBMW Alpina will become famous soon enoughBMW Alpina will become famous soon enough

Hello Niebur3,

I want to asks some questions:
a. When you connect the iPad to the Sony USB input, do you connect to USB1 or USB2, and does it make a difference in functionality between USB1 and USB2 ?
b. Did the USB connection from the Sony also charge the iPad?
c. Each time you enter your car, did you have to reconnect the WiFi from the iPad to iPhone or it connect automatically?
d. If someone call your iPhone (or you want to making outgoing call from iPhone),
can you do it from the iPad Screen? (meaning you can leave your iPhone inside your pocket all the time)? If yes, how do you do this?
e. if someone text your iPhone (or you want to make outgoing text using siri through your iPhone number) can you do it from the iPad Screen?
f. When you are using Google map or Apple Map or playing music stored on your iPad , can you still accept incoming call from iPhone?

Thanks.
BMW Alpina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #33
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 143 Niebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really nice

See below, although many of your questions are functionality between the iPad and iPhone, nothing to do with the Sony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Alpina View Post
Hello Niebur3,

I want to asks some questions:
a. When you connect the iPad to the Sony USB input, do you connect to USB1 or USB2, and does it make a difference in functionality between USB1 and USB2 ? USB2, no difference I know of
b. Did the USB connection from the Sony also charge the iPad? Yes
c. Each time you enter your car, did you have to reconnect the WiFi from the iPad to iPhone or it connect automatically? The Bluetooth connects automatically, but the iPad tells you to open the software and you have to swipe that notice.
d. If someone call your iPhone (or you want to making outgoing call from iPhone),
can you do it from the iPad Screen? (meaning you can leave your iPhone inside your pocket all the time)? If yes, how do you do this? Don't think you can, although you can connect the iPhone to the Sony and make calls through the app.
e. if someone text your iPhone (or you want to make outgoing text using siri through your iPhone number) can you do it from the iPad Screen? Same as above
f. When you are using Google map or Apple Map or playing music stored on your iPad , can you still accept incoming call from iPhone? Yes

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
There is a difference between overkill and bad. Your idea isn't overkill, it's bad.
Niebur3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #34

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 55 BMW Alpina will become famous soon enoughBMW Alpina will become famous soon enoughBMW Alpina will become famous soon enoughBMW Alpina will become famous soon enoughBMW Alpina will become famous soon enoughBMW Alpina will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebur3 View Post
See below, although many of your questions are functionality between the iPad and iPhone, nothing to do with the Sony.
Thanks for the answers.

What I want to do is to have an iPad to store my songs and also as large navigation screen and to accept/making phone call. The audio output from the iPad will go into Sony USB input which is perfect since now I know from you that the Sony also charge the iPad.

I heard about the ability to receive/making a phone call that goes to your iPhone number from your iPad, and also to read/sent text message from large iPad screen and it will be shown as it is coming from your iPhone number.

This way, each time I enter my car, I can leave my phone in my pocket,
and any incoming call or outgoing call (or text) will be done from iPad, without touching the iPhone at all.

I just do more research this past hour and I found out this Apple function is called Continuity.
You just have to set both iPhone and iPad on same WiFi network, bluetooth on, login to same iCloud account for both the phone and the facetime.

Problem is, this only work if you have both the iPhone and iPad connected to the same WiFi Network,
but if you are using your iPhone as the hotspot/source for the iPad internet connection, then this don't work at all, since hotspot from iPhone do not count as WiFi Network... (I imagine at least not for the iPhone)...
I just test it, that is how I find out it work if both device connected to my home WiFi, but won't work if the iPad is connected to the iPhone hotspot as source for internet.

so there goes my chance of using the iPad to make/answer phone call that going through my iPhone... unless...
I buy another device as HotSpot/WiFi router for both iPad and iPhone... in my car...
BMW Alpina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement