SI customer service - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #26

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 27 GEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: SI customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamsecond View Post
By gentile slope what do you mean? Are you saying like 12 db at 50 ish in order to play down to 30ish
Yes I mean restricting to 12 or even 6 on HP, even if you need another steep xover lower to guard against compression/heat.

EDIT: Again I am assuming here a sub is being used. If there's nothing below the Speaker we're crossing over the gentle slope concept isn't really a concept at all.

I think, if a sub is being used, good low performance of the midbass can be used with a gentle slope to get good blending properties without the lows polluting the 500-1000 range where this driver should really shine.

Last edited by GEM592; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:31 PM..
GEM592 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 123 LaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to LaserSVT

I actually switched mine from 31.5 to 40 hz not to get "up front bass" but because they sound good like that. I like drums. They do drums well.

LaserSVT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #28

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 27 GEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enough

I bet they do. No doubt.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #29
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 65 Lou Frasier2 will become famous soon enoughLou Frasier2 will become famous soon enoughLou Frasier2 will become famous soon enoughLou Frasier2 will become famous soon enoughLou Frasier2 will become famous soon enoughLou Frasier2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
I'll have the opportunity to hear Nick's Car next month. Hopefully he has a good tune on it that will leave a good impression for the trained ears that will be in and out of it while he's there. I honestly wish him nothing but good luck. I'm sure all his years of producing speakers have left him jaded. Haters will do that to you. Not trying to take up for the guy because I don't condone childish behavior in situations where you really need to be professional. Just keep in mind that there are two sides to every story. And some people are a lot more sensitive than others. I personally get in trouble from time to time because I'm nearly unoffendable and forget that those around me might need to be talked to with a heavy filter and kid gloves. We're all different in our own way and that makes the world as interesting as it is
i like your way of thinking/looking at the world,
Lou Frasier2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #30

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Automotive Repair Werks
Position:
Sales

Rep Power: 5 Iamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
I actually switched mine from 31.5 to 40 hz not to get "up front bass" but because they sound good like that. I like drums. They do drums well.
I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion and your experience
Iamsecond is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #31
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Sneetch

Rep Power: 173 Boostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really nice

I had my first transaction as a Stereo Integrity customer back around 2009 or so. My most recent transaction was last week. Through that long of a time span I have bought far more drivers than I care to admit. Through it all I have always had nothing but positive interactions with Nick and his company. I'll cut off the unbiased portion of this here. And to be fair I want it mentioned that several years ago I ended up becoming friends with Nick and now will be competing (again) under the Team Stereo Integrity banner. So yes, there is personal bias coming from me. But even before we became friends I had nothing but good experiences as a customer.

I know that not everyone has had the same experiences as I have. But if you haven't done business with Stereo Integrity and are wondering if it's a safe bet, I would urge you to give them a shot. You simply can't beat the quality of the product at the prices he's charging. Just wanted to throw my .02 cents in and hope that it will be beneficial to someone out there.

Cheers

Team Stereo Integrity member
Boostedrex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Boostedrex For This Useful Post:
LaserSVT (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #32

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Automotive Repair Werks
Position:
Sales

Rep Power: 5 Iamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enough

tell us about your system please.
Old 1 Week Ago   #33
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Sneetch

Rep Power: 173 Boostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really nice

Quote:
tell us about your system please.
Sorry if I seem thick, but... Was that question directed at me?

Old 1 Week Ago   #34

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Automotive Repair Werks
Position:
Sales

Yep, apparently I missed with my aim but I'm getting better. Lol,
The Following User Says Thank You to Iamsecond For This Useful Post:
Boostedrex (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #35
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Sneetch

LOL!! No worries. The final details are just now forming up as the sponsorships are confirmed. But here's what I can tell you for sure:

2013 Rav4 Limited
Tweeters: MT-25
Mids: Prototype Stereo Integrity 3"
Midbass: TM65 MKII
Subs: BM MKIV (until there are a pair of the MKV prototypes available to ship)
Amps: Helix
DSP: Helix

Doing a direct USB HD audio line in to the Helix DSP unit and skipping the mess of an aftermarket head unit. Day to day listening, bluetooth, and Nav will be from the factory head to the Helix DSP on input 1. Judging will be done via the USB direct in making use of the DAC in the Helix DSP on input 2.

I haven't competed since winning the California state title in MECA Modified class in 2010, so I will have a lot of work to do in order to be competitive again. But I feel that I'm off to a very good start with some excellent equipment. This whole venture wouldn't have been possible without motivation from Nick at Stereo Integrity to get me to come back from hiatus. I told him that I would compete again when he could supply me with every driver I would need for the entire system. He can now do that so I was all too happy to bust out my credit card. As per usual the transaction was flawless and the drivers arrived ahead of schedule. I was running Stereo Integrity BM subs during the 2010 season with EXCELLENT results.

The Following User Says Thank You to Boostedrex For This Useful Post:
Coppertone (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #36
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 123 LaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to LaserSVT

Why have I not gotten a set of these prototypes!?!?!?!

We are looking at removing the Focal KRX3 from the Mark in favor of the SI woofers and tweeters after comparing the two and seeing the SIs are not only louder but much more precise. We were trying to figure out whos mids to use and now I hear about these? I need a pair Nick!

LaserSVT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #37
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Sneetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
Why have I not gotten a set of these prototypes!?!?!?!

We are looking at removing the Focal KRX3 from the Mark in favor of the SI woofers and tweeters after comparing the two and seeing the SIs are not only louder but much more precise. We were trying to figure out whos mids to use and now I hear about these? I need a pair Nick!
I don't even have them yet. Hell, Nick doesn't even have them yet. I have just received the details of what's to come. Which works for me since the Build is just getting started.

Old 1 Week Ago   #38
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 64 1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough

Generally I don't like to be critical of someone's business, time to time everyone makes mistakes so why bring it up. But on the other hand when poor customer service happens repeatedly by a company, I don't think it does anyone any favors to ignore it. Also some criticism CAN help the company look at how they could possibly make their customer service better, which in turn makes their company better.

That said, Stereo Integrity Customer service in my opinion is about as bad as It gets. I've witnessed him repeatedly overreact and treat his customers very poorly over the years. That doesn't mean that Nick can't be a nice guy, or that you can't have a very trouble free experience purchasing from him, it just means that purchasing from Nick can be a little bit of a gamble, especially if a problem arises.

CS Problem #1, They miss pre-order fulfilments fairly consistently. Just about every preorder i've seen them do in the last 3-4 years has had issues of skipped orders. Many times people have to remind him of their order. Just last week another guy had to point out that his preorder from last September was never sent.

CS Problem #2, is they also have a hard time responding to Emails, So much so that people feel they have to post in the related thread that they sent a Email. Honestly this seems like the best way to get him to respond to your email. I know i've sent 4 emails that went unanswered on this last preorder. It was only when i posted that i emailed him that he found any of them.

It's a small company and we're conditioned to expect type of service in lieu of getting a quality product at a "lower than expected price". The trade off is kind of accepted. No one is perfect, and that type of poor customer service alone is not really a big deal, as long as Stereo Integrity handles the mistake professionally and in the end they make it right.

Which leads me to the biggest issue I have with Stereo Integrity's CS.
CS Problem # 3. How they handle some of their mistakes.
The last order I made with stereo Integrity had five mistakes.
1, He skipped my order once in first week in January,
2. He missed 3 emails i sent over first two week period in February,
3, He gave me bad info in our phone conversation. (telling me he already found the problem and took care of it.)
4, The next week he gave me a specific date and failed to send the order on that date as promised.
5, Then again failed to respond to another Email.

I'd say five mistakes on one order is Bad, But that's nothing compared to how Nick handles his mistakes. Instead of owning his mistakes and making it right, Nick handles his five mistakes by canceling the pre-order, Stating, i could re-order them, at full price, if i still want them, and returns the preorder money that he held for over 7 months.

Where i come from this is beyond bad customer service. And it's just one of many examples of Stereo Integrity's poor customer service. So for me, Stereo Integrity's customer service is a big fail. Hopefully one day they will learn from their mistakes, and improve their customer service to be as good as some of their speakers. Until then...
1fishman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #39

DIYMA Novice

Fish I get it, and I will say that your feedback, that of others, and other factors have turned me off from SI. They aren't that inexpensive, there are alot of other good options out there below this price point that will arrive next week (even from international dealers), I'm not going to wait months for my mids, and email tag is not a game I appreciate, especially when my money is already spent. BUT, it is a dead horse, you did get refunded, etc.
Old 1 Week Ago   #40

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Automotive Repair Werks
Position:
Sales

Can nothing positive be said without the same repetitive ad nauseam posts coming up. We get it, again and again.
The beauty of Car audio is the diversity of products and brands. i think si is a steal at these points but that's all relative and subjective.
Old 1 Week Ago   #41
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Stereo Integrity
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 136 Electrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enough

1fishman, your 1 through 5 list is cherry picked at best and needs to be noted in here. You complained about a couple day delay in a sent product on the forum and refused to send me an email, or call, about your order after I requested either of the latter. I do not frequent the forums enough to use them as the source of communication to customers. Emails are easier and more reiliable to keep track of transactions, which is why I do not have PM's on here. You were refunded. I did not keep your money and refuse to send you product. I refunded you 100%.
Electrodynamic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #42
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 203 SkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of light

Should at least be paying interest on the loan lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Daily driver finished. Project car under construction
SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #43
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 104 JVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Can nothing positive be said without the same repetitive ad nauseam posts coming up. We get it, again and again.
The beauty of Car audio is the diversity of products and brands. i think si is a steal at these points but that's all relative and subjective.
That's literally the definition of a review.

I won't buy anything from SI because my initial interaction with Nick was rather unprofessional.

Since then I've seen the same behavior repeating over the years. It's his prerogative how he chooses to run his business. I just don't agree with it.

The latest interaction with 1fishman was pretty juvenile... but again... his business.
JVD240 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #44
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 203 SkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of light

how this guy even has people that back him and is even still allowed to operate on this forum baffles me. are you all turning a blind eye so long as your buying experience is a good one? does others experiences not matter to you?

Daily driver finished. Project car under construction
SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #45

DIYMA Novice

Skizer you are right, but your cat just doesn't care. I don't know how else to explain it. The information is out there.
Old 6 Days Ago   #46
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 64 1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrodynamic View Post
1fishman, your 1 through 5 list is cherry picked at best and needs to be noted in here. You complained about a couple day delay in a sent product on the forum and refused to send me an email, or call, about your order after I requested either of the latter. I do not frequent the forums enough to use them as the source of communication to customers. Emails are easier and more reiliable to keep track of transactions, which is why I do not have PM's on here. You were refunded. I did not keep your money and refuse to send you product. I refunded you 100%.
1 through 5 are facts. Ether they're true, or they're false, please point out what's not true.

1, He skipped my order once in first week in January,
2. He missed 3 emails i sent over first two week period in February,
3, He gave me bad info in our phone conversation. (telling me he already found the problem and took care of it.)
4, The next week he gave me a specific date and failed to send the order on that date as promised.
5, Then again failed to respond to another Email.

I'll help you here.
Here's all our related correspondents, before you canceled my order and went back on your word.

1-4-17 post 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRizz View Post
Order # 1617 is stoked to get a fedex shipping email. Should have these honeys in my hands tomorrow.
1-5-17 post 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fishman View Post
Hum,,, i'm #1616 and haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully i'll hear something soon.
2-2-17 post 586
Quote:
Looks like they could be shipping a bit out of order. I ordered before RRizz and still haven't heard anything. I hate to bother folks but I'll have to shoot them an email if i don't hear something soon.
2-2-17 post 589
Quote:
Please do bother me! I hate missing an order. Email me with the situation and your order number, name, etc, so I can look it up quickly.

2-6-17 post 601
Quote:
Email sent Friday on order #SI 1616, purchased 07-13-16, Roland Jacques
yourfishman AT yahoo DOT com
2-10-17 post 632
Quote:
I'm not sure you're getting my emails. trying to find out the status of my order.

Sent you an Email last week and two emails this week, with no reply. Two were sent to sales@stereointegrity.com and one sent to nick@stereointegrity.com.

Order # SI 1616.
Raoul Roland Jacques
yourfishman@yahoo.com
Transaction ID
1N85139608393113S
2-10-17 post 635
Quote:
Thanks for posting all of your info. My apologies for not seeing / replying to your emails but I just sent you an email. I found your order and will get it packed tomorrow so it will be picked up on Monday.

2-10-17 post 638
Quote:
apx. 2-16-17 Post 661
Quote:
Another week goes by,,, and still nothing
order # SI 1616

1617 got his 5 weeks ago.

But on the bright side i got 1001 post
aprx 2-17-17 post 665
Quote:
Instead of posting on this forum and not contacting us directly I can refund your purchase. You choose. Order # posted or not.

aprx 2-17-17 post 669
Quote:
I sent you 2 emails this week before i posted, I also sent 2 emails last week and 1 the week before. I have not received any reply to any of my emails, not one reply.The only thing you've replied to was my post here from last week. You said you found my order and were sending them last Monday.

My time is limited because i'm dealing with a illness myself, i only have a few good hours a day right now> So if you would just reply to my emails and let me know when i could expect my speakers it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
aprx 2-17-17 post 677
Quote:
Ok so i'm confused, why did you refund me? Did you not receive any of my Emails?
If not id' like figure out why, maybe something i did wrong.
I didn't want a refund. I just want to know when i could expect my speakers.

Edit

Please contact me by PM, if emails is not working.

I don't understand what's going on with my order
Thanks
1fishman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #47
DIYMA 500 Club

DRKNESS

Rep Power: 126 Coppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of light

Here's my thought on this as I have zero involvement minus purchasing several items from SI. This isn't a personal, if a customer paid for his/her gear send it to them. I have dealt with people business wise where we had no love for each other, but we both respected the business at hand. It's crazy that if you pay for something and that payment is acknowledged, you can't get what's paid for delivered...

(2.5GT) Limited Legacy / Alpine INA-W910 /Audison APK-165....

JL Audio 12TW3-D4 FOR Sale with grill.
Clarion NX706 for sale
Coppertone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #48

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Automotive Repair Werks
Position:
Sales

A review is one thing to tell about your experience or product either good or bad. But, my point is it's tiring to see the same thing over and over and over. I think everyone understands the issue. Its not going to change nor is it going to change anything. As a matter of fact because what you see here, companies do not allow multiple reviews from the same email due to people doing what's happening here.
Its about perspective. For example, I recently contracted with a local businessman to do some metal work for my wife's antique business. He blew two deadlines which he set and then got mad at me because I called the day after the deadlines to make sure it was done and to go get the pieces. I never contacted him until after the deadlines and he said I was manipulating his business and I was harassing him by the frequency of my contacts. Go figure. It caused me a lot of time and I had to drive 9 hours to go get a sheet of metal to cut and fabricate myself. But the point of this is to say this...
This guy is one of the best in the metal fab business
His work is second to none
He is highly recommended
Would I ever trust him or use him for anything again, NO!
But I do not feel the need to discuss the entire thing every time someone say something about their experience. I am sure the company who got their custom stuff that was sitting in his bay when I got there was ecstatic when they got their stuff.
Ultimately, this debacle lead me to three metal fab guys who do just as good of work and they are less expensive and closer to me.
We can back Nick because we want to. If something like this happened then I would just do business else where and move on.
We can agree to disagree.
But I must ask, if this is how you feel why do you still want the speakers and why do you still want to do business with si. If you didn't, this would have stopped by now.
So flame on and let the fun begin lol.

But lets do some math. 100 sets of 65s, sold out and 2 unhappy people. 100 happy campers. That's why people back si. People are going to have a bad experience here and there but people have been buying si stuff for years and will continue. I know I will be buying more in the future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement