SI customer service - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2017   #1
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 dsquared will become famous soon enoughdsquared will become famous soon enoughdsquared will become famous soon enoughdsquared will become famous soon enoughdsquared will become famous soon enoughdsquared will become famous soon enough

Default SI customer service

I missed out on the MKII presale so I asked Nick if he had any leftover. He sent me one of the 12 pairs he had left. Easy transaction.
Sorry for anybody who experienced any inconvenience.
dsquared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2017   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 128 mmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enough

Default Re: SI customer service

We've had enough of SI's customer service threads, and the topic has been discussed at nauseum.... We don't need another 75 page shitshow of BS and nonsense for the mods to have to clean up. Enough already!

2016 Civic Turbo Coupe
-Alpine, Arc Audio, Cardas, Hybrid Audio, JL Audio
And a closet full of $hit I'll never use.....
mmiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mmiller For This Useful Post:
brumledb (03-11-2017), SQLnovice (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017   #3
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 40 brumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiller View Post
We've had enough of SI's customer service threads, and the topic has been discussed at nauseum.... We don't need another 75 page shitshow of BS and nonsense for the mods to have to clean up. Enough already!

2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab
OEM Headunit-->Helix DSP Pro
Audison 5.1k--->Xtant Tweets, AF GB25, (4) ID8's
PG Ti2 1000.4-->GZNK 165SQ
(Proper Acoustic Rear Fill)
brumledb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2017   #4
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 dsquared will become famous soon enoughdsquared will become famous soon enoughdsquared will become famous soon enoughdsquared will become famous soon enoughdsquared will become famous soon enoughdsquared will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I didn't ask you to respond .. Mod said to start a new thread so I did.
dsquared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2017   #5
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 46 SQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enough

Quote:
+2

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Avoid trading time for $$$ with few short-term exceptions.
SQLnovice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2017   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 206 tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

Hysterical. lol

"You never know why you're alive until you know what you would die for." - Bart Millard

'04 Tahoe -- Pioneer/ID HLCDs/Anarchy/JBL W15GTix3/Zapco Z-series & Z8
'09 370Z -- Pioneer/Morel/Dynaudio/SI Magv3 x2/Sundown and Zapco DC amps and DRC-SL
tRidiot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2017   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 65 1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsquared View Post
I didn't ask you to respond .. Mod said to start a new thread so I did.
No worry's
Just so you no, there's a thread or two already about some of SI's actions of the past so no sense in starting another.

The latest thing was just another in a series of similar type behavior that Nick has been known to do. Most people already no and understand who Nick is, and how he can behaves at any given time, but if you're new here just no that he can do some very childish things from time to time. Personally i honestly thought he was past that phase of his life, otherwise i wouldn't have preordered from him, but i was wrong.

I'm glad you got your TM65 mkII they seem like very good drivers, I hope they serve you well.

This may be a better thread on the topic if you want to discuss it.

Stereo Integrity Discussion
1fishman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2017   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 52 Weigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enough

My experience with Nick and his customer service has been posted twice elsewhere, both times deleted IIRC, but regardless, my experience wasn't bad. I'll admit, it seems he's got a short fuse and is quick to take anything said VERY personally (weather whatever was said had any ill intent or not), and then goes on a little rant and begins refunding customers and black listing them. Doesn't seem very professional, but I see little hope of him changing his ways. I mean most people tend to be set in their ways, it's just the way people are.

If it doesn't effect sales in a dramatic way, then he'll probably never decide and commit to change.

I've been a member on here long enough to see that it's a gamble to buy his equipment, but have also seen much to suggest he makes some pretty decent stuff for a reasonable price. I took a gamble with him multiple times and, be it luck or whatever, all seemed to go smoothly.
Weigel21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Weigel21 For This Useful Post:
1fishman (03-12-2017)
Old 03-11-2017   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 65 1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough1fishman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weigel21 View Post
My experience with Nick and his customer service has been posted twice elsewhere, both times deleted IIRC, but regardless, my experience wasn't bad. I'll admit, it seems he's got a short fuse and is quick to take anything said VERY personally (weather whatever was said had any ill intent or not), and then goes on a little rant and begins refunding customers and black listing them. Doesn't seem very professional, but I see little hope of him changing his ways. I mean most people tend to be set in their ways, it's just the way people are.

If it doesn't effect sales in a dramatic way, then he'll probably never decide and commit to change.

I've been a member on here long enough to see that it's a gamble to buy his equipment, but have also seen much to suggest he makes some pretty decent stuff for a reasonable price. I took a gamble with him multiple times and, be it luck or whatever, all seemed to go smoothly.
You're right.

I bought a number of things from him also BMIV, Mag 3, TM65, M25... only kept the M25s, when i crossed them high enough and they sound great to my ears.
IIRC i had a problem with the first TM65's order also he never replied to any emails back then ether, but he got them sent out eventually.
1fishman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017   #10

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Automotive Repair Werks
Position:
Sales

Rep Power: 7 Iamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enough

So lets try a new experiment. Everybody knows a few have had issues. Ok, got it.
However if you can't think of or don't want to discuss anything positive then simply don't look at this thread or respond to any quotes in this thread. Easy enough. Just because someone has a good experience doesn't mean others need to come in and start making sure everyone knows again that they are not happy.

I love my 25s, 65s and 24s. No issues.
Btw, I just got my 65s in and eq'd and now I have got to get rattled out. I have them crossed at 30 per nicks suggestion and this pulled the bass up front.
I have been through 3 sets of component set ups and have not been able to get close to where I am now.
Iamsecond is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017   #11
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 40 brumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamsecond View Post
So lets try a new experiment. Everybody knows a few have had issues. Ok, got it.
However if you can't think of or don't want to discuss anything positive then simply don't look at this thread or respond to any quotes in this thread. Easy enough. Just because someone has a good experience doesn't mean others need to come in and start making sure everyone knows again that they are not happy.

Btw, I just got my 65s in and eq'd and now I have got to get rattled out. I have them crossed at 30 per nicks suggestion and this pulled the bass up front.
I have been through 3 sets of component set ups and have not been able to get close to where I am now.
Then shouldn't this thread have been named "Only GOOD SI Customer Service"? Guess someone better start another thread.

2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab
OEM Headunit-->Helix DSP Pro
Audison 5.1k--->Xtant Tweets, AF GB25, (4) ID8's
PG Ti2 1000.4-->GZNK 165SQ
(Proper Acoustic Rear Fill)
brumledb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017   #12
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 208 SkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to all

Quote:

Soooo... no one's allowed to post their review unless it's positive? Interesting

Ps, if you have to cross your mid bass at 30 to get the up front bass illusion, you are doing something severely wrong

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Daily driver finished. Project car under construction
SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to SkizeR For This Useful Post:
capea4 (03-12-2017)
Old 03-12-2017   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 89 capea4 will become famous soon enoughcapea4 will become famous soon enoughcapea4 will become famous soon enoughcapea4 will become famous soon enoughcapea4 will become famous soon enoughcapea4 will become famous soon enough

Shhhh, your gonna get deleted again
capea4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

do it yourself

Rep Power: 40116 schmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by capea4 View Post
Shhhh, your gonna get deleted again
Your snide remark is not appreciated. I don't take sides as you imply. The problem is that people don't seem to understand where to post their opinions. I advised to make a dedicated thread for people who want to discuss this topic, finally someone did. So long as there's not any personal attacks, rude comments or OT rambling this thread will remain complete.

“When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear.” ― Thomas Sowell
schmiddr2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schmiddr2 For This Useful Post:
Boostedrex (03-16-2017), capea4 (03-12-2017)
Old 03-12-2017   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 249 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

I'll have the opportunity to hear Nick's car next month. Hopefully he has a good tune on it that will leave a good impression for the trained ears that will be in and out of it while he's there. I honestly wish him nothing but good luck. I'm sure all his years of producing speakers have left him jaded. Haters will do that to you. Not trying to take up for the guy because I don't condone childish behavior in situations where you really need to be professional. Just keep in mind that there are two sides to every story. And some people are a lot more sensitive than others. I personally get in trouble from time to time because I'm nearly unoffendable and forget that those around me might need to be talked to with a heavy filter and kid gloves. We're all different in our own way and that makes the world as interesting as it is

OEM U-Connect 8.4a, JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, JL XD800/8, Soundstream TN1200.1, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, ID15, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Seas Neo Aluminum...HASTE MAKES WASTE
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hillbilly SQ For This Useful Post:
Boostedrex (03-16-2017), Truthunter (03-16-2017)
Old 03-12-2017   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 145 Niebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really nice

Quote:

Do you even think for a split second that you are getting anything good out of the drivers crossing them that low? The only thing you are getting is tons of distortion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
There is a difference between overkill and bad. Your idea isn't overkill, it's bad.
Niebur3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 249 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebur3 View Post
Do you even think for a split second that you are getting anything good out of the drivers crossing them that low? The only thing you are getting is tons of distortion.
Yeah, with good sub to midbass transition with the help of time alignment and phase I don't see any need to cross a 6.5" below 70ish.

OEM U-Connect 8.4a, JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, JL XD800/8, Soundstream TN1200.1, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, ID15, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Seas Neo Aluminum...HASTE MAKES WASTE
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017   #18

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 7 Aslmx will become famous soon enoughAslmx will become famous soon enoughAslmx will become famous soon enoughAslmx will become famous soon enoughAslmx will become famous soon enoughAslmx will become famous soon enough

Who's Nick
Aslmx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017   #19

Diyma Ninja

Rep Power: 592 BigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond repute

I moved this to the Member Reviews section

BigAl205 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 52 Weigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enough

Nick is the owner of Stereo Integrity. I don't know him personally, but he seemed like a pretty decent guy when I talked to him over the phone a couple times when trying to resolve a potential issue I had with the set of M25's I bought. They arrived with the box a little crushed and torn open. The protective plastic covering for the wiring had been pulled from the housing of the tweeters. I contacted Nick and he said he'd submit a claim to Fedex. Unfortunately, he kinda forgot. Nevertheless, when I contacted him a second time, he promptly apologized and said he'd ship out replacements along with a return shipping label, which he followed through with as said. Some may have gotten all bent out of shape with this lengthy warranty claim, especially if they had any sort of deadline to install the tweeters. I myself made it clear up front that I was in no hurry, so I can't and won't hold it against him for letting it slip his mind. After all, I still haven't wired up the replacement set, just opened them to ensure they looked correct.
Old 03-12-2017   #21

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 28 GEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
Yeah, with good sub to midbass transition with the help of time alignment and phase I don't see any need to cross a 6.5" below 70ish.
yeah x2 on that for sure, but here we are off on a tangent. Skizer's fault.
GEM592 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

But some may not want or have room for a sub, so a mid that can play down below 50hz may be just what some are looking for, IDK. Seems like asking a lot IMO, but if they can do it, then that's impressive.
Old 03-12-2017   #23

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Automotive Repair Werks
Position:
Sales

Rep Power: 7 Iamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enough

Interesting to hear the responses. I was just experimenting and playing around with different settings. So cool to hear I am wrong with no questions about why its set like this or what I am learning. Interestingly enough there are general guidelines about settings but alas they are not hard and fast as each vehicle has a different set of sonic issues and people have different levels of commitment financially and time wise. Also, if everything is exactly as stated I would hate to hear you guys at a meet as you all have different settings and different set ups. I really enjoy audio and I like to be around people who do the same.
Also, I have turned off my subs to see how these 65s are and they are pretty impressive. Again, just experimenting in case others would like to have something that gives bass, mid-bass and mid if they can't or don't have room for a sub. There is nothing wrong with that. So I guess I am crazy by turning off my sub and crossing these at 30. I will raise them back up when I put the sub back in.

But I like it and I love these 65s.
Old 03-12-2017   #24

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 28 GEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enough

No I get it if you don't have a sub. But, if you don't, ...

Maybe if they can play that low to such acclaim they are a great "gentle slope" candidate, I must say I believe in the gentle slope concept for HP. So that's great. No doubt whatsoever these are great drivers at the current price point.
GEM592 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2017   #25

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Automotive Repair Werks
Position:
Sales

By gentile slope what do you mean? Are you saying like 12 db at 50 ish in order to play down to 30ish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement