DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Audison Bit One - From Genius to Junk!

75K views 65 replies 37 participants last post by  yogegoy 
#1 ·
My review boils down to a simple experience. I went from being on top of the world thinking I had found the perfect product for my system, to actually buying the Audison Bit One....to finding out there were major problems with my Bit One. Major...MAJOR alt. whine....and digital beeping commonly referred to on this forum as the infamous Digital Morse Code. Audison / Elettromedia USA talked to me directly about this unit and acknowledged that they knew of the issues and were working on them. They agreed to allow me to return the unit for a new one. I did this and today I got my new unit back from Elettromedia and had a whole new renewed level of excitement as I plugged her back into my brand new 1200w install (see my sig below for a diagram of my system and all of its components).

Boy was I surprised that the new unit not only had the exact same issue as the original unit, but it was even worse on this unit. Additionally, when I went to plug the USB port from my computer to the DRC unit, instantly there was a pop and the volume level of the digital beeping and the alt whine were MASSIVELY amplified four fold with no other adjustments made to the system at that moment.

I have posted two new You Tube videos to record my exact experiences.

And before you go and try to diagnosis my system, its alt whine and the digital beeping, please hold your breathe and your thoughts. I have spent many hours isolating the system, testing, experimenting, etc. It IS the Bit One. Audison KNOWS it is the Bit One.....end of story. If you want to discuss the Bit One here is a thread with almost 800 posts worth of discussion: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diy-mobile-audio/52240-audison-bit-one-hi-res-56k-go-make-some-coffee-take-nap-31.html

My recommendation is to NOT BUY A BIT ONE! Here is my video evidence of why not to buy a Bit One.

Part 1 of 2

Part 2 of 2

See less See more
#51 ·
I had the bitone.1 with a W505 and Denon Z1(modded with Coax) and it was still problematic.

I would eject a CD from the Z1 and the digital ticking would start and W505 would start digital ticking at the Vehicle startup then would lock in. Some people had success with it. I just couldn't handle the computer interface any more.

#60 ·
Just ran across this thread...just wanted to throw my .02 out there...I've been running a BitOne for 3 years now and have had no issues. Listening to your video it sounds awfully like the car whine is getting picked up in a ground loop somewhere - I would really revisit all your ground points, and make sure they're all clean, and short as possible.

There are two types of noise filters you can buy - one for "whirr" and one for "whine"...obviously you have a whine, scosche makes a filter for this. I can't speak to the clicks....again probably something in the car electronics though.

Wondered if you tried putting the BitOne in a different car audio system - I know that's a pain and potentially a lot of work, but the fact that you saw this on two new units points to more of an electrical wiring/grounding issue. Also - make sure your RCA cables are decent, shielded, and run away from your power cables as mush as possible...as well as things like wiper motors, fan motors, etc.

Hope this helps!

#64 ·
Anyone solved the problem of noise when depressing the accelerator pedal? I got the similar problem of my bit One HD.

I bought a Bit One HD in Italy last month. I tested it at home. When I turn on the Bit one HD with the Amp(Mcintosh AB class AMP MC431) . Although I did not play the music, I can hear little noise from the speaker( the noise exist no matter I play music or not) . Is it normal? This noise is little and I will not hear it by 1.5 feet.

Then, I tested it in my car (2006 BMW E60 M5). However, after I started the engine and turn on the Bit One HD with the AMP. I can hear heavy noise. When I depress the throttle, I can hear large volume of noise. ( depress much , more noise ). How can I solve this problem? Is it the Bit One HD problem? I read from other forums and saw the Bit One also has this problem in 2009. Did you solve this problem?

here is the video of my car's problem:
https://youtu.be/Qcrx9pvYPJs

#65 ·
Well I have a Bit Ten D ... the unit Audison says is much more solid yet after finally getting it to work I have horrible noise anytime the DRC is plugged in. Unplug the DRC and all seems well! The Text on the DRC is bad in one spot as well. I think it's shot. I just HOPE the issue is the DRC and not my bit ten D.

#66 ·
Have you tried the optical input, I haven't had any issue with that but as soon as I switch to analog (RCA), the mechanical noise reappears. So I settled with optical and problem solved, the digital clicks only happen when my iphone looses digital connection from my dock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.